ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Spring/Summer

I was at the seven on seven but didn't see the lineman challenge. Overall maidens offense look good but not great work to still be done. We scored several times probably 6 or 7 total. I don't recall hog run scoring any on varsity. But in all fairness too hibriten 7 on 7 isn't their style of football. So I wouldn't judge their team or season on this. They have athletes that will probably do pretty well in their system.
Yeah most of our passing is based on play action but hopefully we can cover throwing teams.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yeah most of our passing is based on play action but hopefully we can cover throwing teams.
I think we had 3-4 interceptions and lotta break ups. Y'all rolled out on all passes. Y'all's def got beat on some deep passes a few times and gave up completions but also no pressure so makes a big difference. Y'all completed mostly underneath passes

I'll post the lineman challenge results hopefully not stepping on someone else's toes ... Maiden won the lineman challenge 4-3 everything was very close except 225 bench press results maiden won that one 75-53

Hibriten and Maiden are having a 7v7/lineman challenge today. If any neerdowells from south catawba attend give me an update.
Beamer, with much respect for one of NC Preps classiest and more knowledgeable posters (I'm talking about Beamer, not you AMD), believing that Maiden is South Catawba is a misconception and what's called a misnomer. Actually, it is South Catawba but it's also North Catawba, too.
I say this because their school district runs from Killians'Crossroads which is the Denver area (Near Lake Norman) all the way to the west of Conover, which is around the Hickory City Limits.

I believe the reason it is so expansive is because they have a lot of people who go to the board meetings and raise the devil and act up so, that the board ends up conceding more school district territory to get them to calm down. The more school district they have, the larger their pool of athletes, and when they're ask what the ADM is, they say something like "Well, probably over 800 this year," but it might be less, next year. Yeah, right !

At the risk of sounding boastful, one of my very few pluses is that I'm good with maps, distances and measurements. After a little research I can tell you that the surface area of the Maiden school district is barley smaller than the country of Qatar; I know that sounds incredible but we're talking a very big district, here. Actually, if Maiden and Qatar had a war, and the Maiden recruits were pulled from their district, Maiden would probably win. They're so similar in size it wouldn't surprise me that they knew each other. Maybe they could have a referendum and vote to trade places. Considering the weather here for the past week the Maiden people would be saying " I'm for trading. Now, we can have heat without humidity."

Bottom line, don't be mislead by "God's little blue acre", it ain't that little !

Last edited:
Beamer, with much respect for one of NC Preps classiest and more knowledgeable posters (I'm talking about Beamer, not you AMD), believing that Maiden is South Catawba is a misconception and what's called a misnomer. Actually, it is South Catawba but it's also North Catawba, too.
I say this because their school district runs from Killians'Crossroads which is the Denver area (Near Lake Norman) all the way to the west of Conover, which is around the Hickory City Limits.

I believe the reason it is so expansive is because they have a lot of people who go to the board meetings and raise the devil and act up so, that the board ends up conceding more school district territory to get them to calm down. The more school district they have, the larger their pool of athletes, and when they're ask what the ADM is, they say something like "Well, probably over 800 this year," but it might be less, next year. Yeah, right !

At the risk of sounding boastful, one of my very few pluses is that I'm good with maps, distances and measurements. After a little research I can tell you that the surface area of the Maiden school district is barley smaller than the country of Qatar; I know that sounds incredible but we're talking a very big district, here. Actually, if Maiden and Qatar had a war, and the Maiden recruits were pulled from their district, Maiden would probably win. They're so similar in size it wouldn't surprise me that they knew each other. Maybe they could have a referendum and vote to trade places. Considering the weather here for the past week the Maiden people would be saying " I'm for trading. Now, we can have heat without humidity."

Bottom line, don't be mislead by "God's little blue acre", it ain't that little !

It's a largely rural unpopulated area lol not a lotta people to pull from at the moment 🤣🤣. #biggestlittlefootballtownintheworld

If I ain’t mistaken….We played them in the early 80’s….beat’em 66 to nuttin!😂😂

I fell out when I read your post!😂

Good stuff!🫵

If I ain’t mistaken….We played them in the early 80’s….beat’em 66 to nuttin!😂😂

I fell out when I read your post!😂

Good stuff!🫵
They were just a tiny little dusty back stop back then. The Ikards and Ramseurs were just too much. I am hearing the Qataris are putting together quite the $$$ collective to bring in athletes.

I guess barring a cancellation I'm gonna cross the border south this afternoon for a little summer football
Is today Lincolnton and Hickory? Also does anyone know how things went against Shelby (if they played)? I did not see anything posted, but I also don't look that closely.

@Lincolnton I would definitely take Qatar oil reserves here 🤣. Could you imagine what we could do with Tom brown stadium 🤣 or should I saw dome lol. And other goodies we could buy 😉
AMD, if you were there we would have what is called an international incident. You'd be like the Lincolnton people during their first unsupervised trip to Myrtle Beach.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Is today Lincolnton and Hickory? Also does anyone know how things went against Shelby (if they played)? I did not see anything posted, but I also don't look that closely.
I believe today was Hickory. From what I have been told, we have looked fine and have went against some very tough competition. Hickory, Shelby, Charlotte Christian, Crest, and some team that won a championship in South Carolina last season.

Honestly athletic but like he has no experience passing the ball. In their defense though they don't really pass the ball since they are a Triple option team. I think he had a total of 5 interceptions. Threw underneath a lot and had quite a few "time out" sacks

Honestly athletic but like he has no experience passing the ball. In their defense though they don't really pass the ball since they are a Triple option team. I think he had a total of 5 interceptions. Threw underneath a lot and had quite a few "time out" sacks
North was known for the big rushing attack last year. What’s questionable this year is their Oline and how well they can execute that rush and block long enough to get a pass off when they do pass. They haven’t had big time passing games since the Beam years and no real memorable wideouts that I can recall. If there’s ever been a QB there better than Hopkins(2006) let me know. That boy could pass and run over ya when he tucked and ran.

North was known for the big rushing attack last year. What’s questionable this year is their Oline and how well they can execute that rush and block long enough to get a pass off when they do pass. They haven’t had big time passing games since the Beam years and no real memorable wideouts that I can recall. If there’s ever been a QB there better than Hopkins(2006) let me know. That boy could pass and run over ya when he tucked and ran.
North Lincoln could have a big sentimental year or it could be a rough year for them depending on how they handle everything

North Lincoln could have a big sentimental year or it could be a rough year for them depending on how they handle everything
Very true, they do though when they’re set and better than usual tend to start out the gate slow. Lost to WL last year early on and finshed strong and had Hickory on edge for just a half before losing. WL wasn’t a joke last year at all but you’d expect North to take them with what they had. I know it’s CVAC but North is a close by team and my prediction for them just based off of what they got returning is maybe a slow start this year, a down to the wire but losing to Statesville type game by 2TDs and losing to Hickory by 3 TDs and 3rd round at best if their RB duo stays healthy. Not looking for much after this group graduates unless Bazzel surprises us, good coach so you never know

My Catawba Co Rankings/Outlook

**New to this area so I’m still learning**

1. Hickory - Hickory once again is one the favorites to win it all again. Hickory QB Brady Stober committed to Samford University. Hickory didn’t lose much and will be speedy and athletic once again.

2A : Maiden: Maiden went 8-4 (5-2) last yr and they return a good core back offensively with their QB, RB and 2 WRs with production back at offensively and they will be a seasoned team with a lot Seniors this season on both sides of the ball. They lost quality teams last year in Watauga, Bunker Hill and West Lincoln. West Lincoln will be a tough outing again this season and also Watauga. Maiden has the potential to do well this season.

2B : Bandys: Bandy will be still good offensively but Youth on the Defensive side will be the ? For the Trojans. They will still able to score but will they be able to stop them? Last yr they went 6-5 (3-4). They do return their QB but lost their best RB and WR but they do have others that had production last yr to step in. Same on defensive side as well.

4. St Stephens: Last year 1-9 (1-6). The record doesn’t indicate it but St Stephen wasn’t that bad as they had some success moving the ball at times but lack of depth n getting worn down was the enemy last season. They return their QB, prob one of the best RB in area in Brycen Gaither , 2 top WRs back as well. I heard they had a solid Freshmen class come in and they have some pieces their to have a productive season. Also Kyle Lowman is a good coach so I can see St Stephens winning a few this season.

5. Newton Conover - New Staff and lost a lot of guys from last year but They do have a Solid QB back and 1 WR back. They will have a lot new faces in spots. They will struggle bit but Wilson will have them competitive.

6. Fred T Foard: Foard is Foard and We all know what the run and do. Foard has the ability to win some this year.

7. Bunker Hill - Mighty has fallen - Bunker Hill was hit HARD by Graduation but Only saving Grace is RB Jason Willis Jr who is among one of the best RB I have ever seen in person. They have to rebuild and Willis will prob be the focal point this year but can he be a 1 man band like Josh Ladowski was back in 2014 (Lake Norman HS) ? Will see what Bunker Hill offers but Might be a long season on the Hill.

My Catawba Co Rankings/Outlook

**New to this area so I’m still learning**

1. Hickory - Hickory once again is one the favorites to win it all again. Hickory QB Brady Stober committed to Samford University. Hickory didn’t lose much and will be speedy and athletic once again.

2A : Maiden: Maiden went 8-4 (5-2) last yr and they return a good core back offensively with their QB, RB and 2 WRs with production back at offensively and they will be a seasoned team with a lot Seniors this season on both sides of the ball. They lost quality teams last year in Watauga, Bunker Hill and West Lincoln. West Lincoln will be a tough outing again this season and also Watauga. Maiden has the potential to do well this season.

2B : Bandys: Bandy will be still good offensively but Youth on the Defensive side will be the ? For the Trojans. They will still able to score but will they be able to stop them? Last yr they went 6-5 (3-4). They do return their QB but lost their best RB and WR but they do have others that had production last yr to step in. Same on defensive side as well.

4. St Stephens: Last year 1-9 (1-6). The record doesn’t indicate it but St Stephen wasn’t that bad as they had some success moving the ball at times but lack of depth n getting worn down was the enemy last season. They return their QB, prob one of the best RB in area in Brycen Gaither , 2 top WRs back as well. I heard they had a solid Freshmen class come in and they have some pieces their to have a productive season. Also Kyle Lowman is a good coach so I can see St Stephens winning a few this season.

5. Newton Conover - New Staff and lost a lot of guys from last year but They do have a Solid QB back and 1 WR back. They will have a lot new faces in spots. They will struggle bit but Wilson will have them competitive.

6. Fred T Foard: Foard is Foard and We all know what the run and do. Foard has the ability to win some this year.

7. Bunker Hill - Mighty has fallen - Bunker Hill was hit HARD by Graduation but Only saving Grace is RB Jason Willis Jr who is among one of the best RB I have ever seen in person. They have to rebuild and Willis will prob be the focal point this year but can he be a 1 man band like Josh Ladowski was back in 2014 (Lake Norman HS) ? Will see what Bunker Hill offers but Might be a long season on the Hill.
Rebuttal and agreement
1. Hickory is probably cream of the crop this year.
2. Maiden is bringing back a lot of talent and production along with new 🧩. Not as senior heavy as people think.
3. Bunker hill as long as Willis is on field anything can happen and they will run him into the ground this year. He's gotta stay healthy. Younger brother of tackle last year is back and he's a beast on def/off line. Issues no QB. T
Speed at skill positions. Won't be as bad as people think, but next year it collapses.

Bandy's. Returning a good quarterback. Lost their best lineman to private school poaching. This will be a boom or bust team.
NC as always this team is unpredictable they have talent and speed but never seem to be able to put it together and work as a team. From what I'm hearing their line is going to be smaller and more vulnerable this year.
The three teams above Bunker Hill and Bandy's along with Newton Conover are all interchangeable in rankings.
Then you have St Stephen's who has some talent and I do like their coaching but they run a gamut of hard games that I think sometimes affects mental ability. Along with always living in the shadow of hickory.
And lastly there's Fred t Ford lost their best athlete/player to a Lincolnton poach. So this year will be the same old same probably not winning a game and as I've said before they really need to copy West Lincoln to have any chance of future success.

Also saw a new housing development going up in maiden school district. Looked online looks like 140 houses going in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT