ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 11

This may be off topic, but I just shook hands with Bill Viggers of the East Burke class of 1981. I was honored to meet him. He still has a great hand shake,
First Class Individual. Been a friend for years, the kind of person that will do anything for anybody to help them out. His son was an excellent football player at Draughn than Wingate.

BFR, Rockingham it's the county north of Greensboro which is Guilford County. It borders Virginia to the north, Martinsville/Henry County, VA., I think.
For years I thought it was just right off the interstate in Greensboro as I would see signs for Reidsville when I would drive on 40. Someone Reidsville posters finally told me. I felt like Johnny Carson and his I did not know that bit. Unrelated, Lincolnton you like to know my locations. Well, this week for the game I will be LHSfaninLA as I am headed out there for work.

For years I thought it was just right off the interstate in Greensboro as I would see signs for Reidsville when I would drive on 40. Someone Reidsville posters finally told me. I felt like Johnny Carson and his I did not know that bit. Unrelated, Lincolnton you like to know my locations. Well, this week for the game I will be LHSfaninLA as I am headed out there for work.
I'll go ahead and ask you for @Lincolnton because I know he's wondering...

Is that LA: Louisiana, Los Angeles, or Lower Alabama?

I don't think I am allowed in New Mexico.. I was in the Los Altos area back in August. One of the guy on the team is going to head there after we are done in the City of Angels.
Make sure you don't have any Skittles in your carry-on they're illegal in California now. I hate to see a headline of Lincolnton wolf arrested in California for illegal substances 🤣🤣

Thank you my friend. I haven't travelled very much and wondered about other places, so I look at maps and travel guides. Think that's why my Father said if I were a BluJay I'd have a reverse gear (That was kind of a slam back in the day lol).

I've heard it said that Los Angeles looked like New York laid down. New York City has 302 square miles of land, about the same as Lincoln County, NC. NYC has 8.5 million people, and in Lincoln we have 85,000., a single percent of their population. Could you imagine 8.5 million people in this county. They'd be standing in the yards. No wonder they have all the high rise buildings.

L.A. on the other hand, I've heard goes completely out of sight, and if you go to the horizon it goes out of sight, again. Guess that why it's called New York, laid down. L.A. County has over 4,500 square miles and over 10 million people (The County). I've watched the California teams play (on TV) in the Rose Bowl and sometimes the camera will pan around to the San Gabriel Mountains. It always puzzled me how the mountains could come so near to the ocean.

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent. It's good to know that we have people from here who have actually been places. Be safe in your travels... Oh, BTW, I wish you'd have got to see Lincolnton's game at West Lincoln. The defense and the offense played in a way that would have brought back memories. I sit behind M. Arias, if you remember him.

I don't think I am allowed in New Mexico.. I was in the Los Altos area back in August. One of the guy on the team is going to head there after we are done in the City of Angels.
I'd went to a conference, once, and we had lanyards with a 4x4 card attached to it saying our name and location. One of the guys, there was from Roswell, NM. It's a city about the size of Hickory, and is renowned for an incident that happed there in the late 1940's when a flying saucer was supposed to have crashed near there...This guy was tolerable but a bit grouchy. I asked him how he liked it here. He said his glasses fogged up when he walked outside, and if one more person asked him about the - - - - - - - spaceship he was going to pack-up and go home.

*And AMD, these cards with our name and location, attached to the lanyard, was NOT to remind us of what our name is, and where we lived, it was to let others at the conference know.

Make sure you don't have any Skittles in your carry-on they're illegal in California now. I hate to see a headline of Lincolnton wolf arrested in California for illegal substances 🤣🤣
Good looking out AMD. I am not really a Skittles guy, but more of a King Size Twix, Snickers, or Kit Kat when traveling. I also like those Cheddar Sour Cream Ruffles. A few years back I was in the Denver airport, which has a reputation as a pretty health conscious city and state. I stopped in a Hudson News and they only had bottles of Aquafina for sell.

It is if you don't have a passing game. two state champions teams last year and only threw the ball two times and won the state so I guess they were not playing to win do you know anything about football. I know exactly how things work up there. THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM SUCKS IDC WHAT YOU THINK. THAT'S WHY THE ONLY WINNINGS SPORTS AT EB IS GIRLS BASKETBALL AND CROSS COUNTRY - TRACK they have good coaches that coach those programs.
I know exactly how things work up there. THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM SUCKS IDC WHAT YOU THINK. THAT'S WHY THE ONLY WINNINGS SPORTS AT EB IS GIRLS BASKETBALL AND CROSS COUNTRY - TRACK they have good coaches that coach those programs.

• Haha
Reactions: bluedevil2022
Too funny the FB program is getting better looks at the numbers compared to 5 to six years ago losing by 50 points a game you just Don't know sports sounds like!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT