ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 11

Here is the list I made after the 8 am RPI update..

1. Reidsville
2. Salisbury
3. CSD
4. Bunker Hill
5. Monroe
6. Randleman
7. Shelby
8. Brevard
9. North Stanly
10. North Surry
11. Forest Hills
12. West Lincoln
13. Burns
14. East Surry
15. Maiden
16. West Stokes
17. SWR
18. East Gaston
19. Providence Grove
20. PLP
21. Chase
22. Anson
23. Lincolnton
24. TW Andrews
25. Trinity
26. Mount Pleasant
27. West Stanly
28. Bandys
29. East Rutherford
30. Lexington
31. East Davidson
32. Madison

Ohio State didn’t get in!😂
Would Owen be in over Madison? Owen beat them head to head

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Would Owen be in over Madison? Owen beat them head to head
Wow…I didn’t even look…just assumed.

Where in the heck did that win come from?

Madison still gets it since they finished higher in the standings for the conference….I think.

When I look at the preliminary brackets that's been posted it looks like if everyone in the cvac wins their first round game their second round game is going to be a beast

Maiden vs East Gaston is an epic match up.

I ain’t sure who wins…but I’ve always wanted this match up. Good stuff.

I don’t remember playing them…ever.

Does anybody know?

Lincolnton should be able to run circles around North Surrey boys
There’s absolutely no way I’d sleep on North Surry. They came to Maiden a few years back and slung the ball all over the place…Maiden beat them..but never stopped them.

I think this will be another great 1st round game!😉

Reactions: Lincolnton
Maiden vs East Gaston is an epic match up.

I ain’t sure who wins…but I’ve always wanted this match up. Good stuff.

I don’t remember playing them…ever.

Does anybody know?
Never played East Gaston. They were new in 1972...a consolidation of Mount Holly High School and Stanley High school.

We were 0-4 versus Stanley in the 50s

We were 4-6-1 versus Mt Holly from 1925-1965

Here is a weird situation:
Ashe County is #20 in 3A West RPI
•Ashe finished the season tied with Freedom in the Northwestern Conference, but Freedom holds the tiebreaker due to a head-to-head victory
•Freedom is #39 in RPI, Ashe can’t get into the playoffs
And Ashe killed us 🤦‍♂️

Three schools got caught in this situation. Ashe County and Athens drive and West Johnston
I always thought this rule…ya know…the North Stanly rule…brought the lower school in…not drag the higher school out.

Last edited:
Anyone know bout this team NL is playing 1st round m? They ain’t from around here,
Kinda out there toward high point or something

Any stud football players in that county are at Reidsville. That county has open enrollment so they are the leftovers from Reidsville
I pulled em up I never heard of em. They seem to be pretty tough with a stronger schedule. I’ll miss 1st Round. I’ll be out of town. The Knights have been to the 3rd round only twice, as a 2AA. Can’t see any 3rd round magic this year being 3A and young buck as they are. I think I counted 5 seniors maybe 6. Their track star speedster didn’t play this year, a senior, so ha what coulda been. Several Sophomores on roster. Good things to come whatever they don’t pull off this year

Last edited:
I don’t know Caden Buff personally but I do know his dad. We ran track together. His dad and him done had that conversation bout track and how he can do both but ole Caden just ain’t having it. It’s all baseball for him. Maybe he will have a change of heart this spring we’ll see… and hope.

Rees IS the fastest kid in EB history as far as his age and timeline but I think Andy Coffey/Josh Debro MIGHTA been slightly faster when they both was a fresh outta 8th grade.athlete. Natural tallent and showcasing it can tend to get to young peoples heads. I’m sure Minor or hope that Minor will sit down with the guy and have a good talk with him bout work ethic, humble attitude and all he needs to do to prep up and build on what he naturally has. 14 year olds don’t think like us old men talking in here do lol.

You know if Rees is gonna do indoor track with Fraley and Byrd?
not sure he plays basketball I think!!

BFR, Rockingham it's the county north of Greensboro which is Guilford County. It borders Virginia to the north, Martinsville/Henry County, VA., I think.

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT