ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 11

Congratulations Big Blue on a great season with all things considered! Our young team finished 7 and 3, tied for 2nd in a very strong CVAC conference and should host a playoff game next week in the Biggest Little Football Town In The World. Great job players and coaches!

Congratulations @Lincolnton on your Wolves beating West. I wish I‘d picked ‘em.

Congrats to BunkerHillBear12 on an undefeated season and the CVAC Championship!

Good Luck to all CVAC teams next week!

Go BLUE!!!

Glad NL won. Just goes to show Lincolnton lost to a good team. Not saying they’ll do much in playoffs though.

EB will be back next year with good outlook if injuries stay off of us :( Last year of anything in track this spring for EB as they gun for a conf title and take down BH. Hope to see you CVAC brethren come out to the tests of strength/combine conf track meet. See our two legends Fraley and KJ Byrd end HS careers in positive manner. EB Girls basketball is our only hope for a conf title in anything this year other than possibly boys track.

And the last shall be first. Let’s pull for any CVAC team to upset West Caldwell in boys hoop action LOL

Flyrod get er’ started in playoff pickups and insight soon as they tell us the brackets. Pull some bonus pick em’s too so my old bad luck pick em’ butt can catch up alittle like I dunno KM, Crest, NL, Hickory and Statesville.

Statesvile didn’t do so well against those T boys tonight.

THE WOLVES ARE HOWLING TONIGHT
You know, I don't want to sound boastful but it feels pretty good to be a wolf, tonight. I honestly thought about going out here on the sidewalk and tearing loose even though there's a lot of homes in my neighborhood and sound really carries and I'm just a few blocks from Main Street; but self-control got the better of me, because the last time the police were called down here I was told right then that if there was anymore of this howling business that my aged ASSets would go to the nursing home posthaste !

Congratulations Big Blue on a great season with all things considered! Our young team finished 7 and 3, tied for 2nd in a very strong CVAC conference and should host a playoff game next week in the Biggest Little Football Town In The World. Great job players and coaches!

Congratulations @Lincolnton on your Wolves beating West. I wish I‘d picked ‘em.

Congrats to BunkerHillBear12 on an undefeated season and the CVAC Championship!

Good Luck to all CVAC teams next week!

Go BLUE!!!
BlueSchool, Congratulations on a decisive win over the Red Devils and on a strong finish, even if we were one of the Blue Devils victims, again.

I was hoping to hear you. I waited outside until midnight.

It's my second disappointment tonight...was expecting to hear Dixie once again, post-game at the stadium, but things went suddenly quiet across the way.

I’m sorry my friend. I could have done some howling tonight but I had a bad feeling that they would haul me off this time.
About Their selection of tunes don’t let it get to you. Our song was the one resounding this time.
Doesn't get to me in that way.

As an old white dude, I can only empathize with our many AA kids who have to listen to it played as a taunt. But, with most of the County School Administration sitting in their stands, it's a foregone conclusion that things in that end of of the County aren't changing anytime soon.

Listen to me... I'm sounding like a lefty. Next thing you know, I'll be driving a Prius.

A big congratulations to the East burke Cavaliers. This doesn't surprise me. With many injuries the Cavaliers are not a team to be taken lightly. We'll all suit up and do it again next season.
Thanks, somp RB had 263 yards rushing we will be back west Caldwell has some big guys. Just don't understand why they are no better than they are!!

Glad NL won. Just goes to show Lincolnton lost to a good team. Not saying they’ll do much in playoffs though.

EB will be back next year with good outlook if injuries stay off of us :( Last year of anything in track this spring for EB as they gun for a conf title and take down BH. Hope to see you CVAC brethren come out to the tests of strength/combine conf track meet. See our two legends Fraley and KJ Byrd end HS careers in positive manner. EB Girls basketball is our only hope for a conf title in anything this year other than possibly boys track.

And the last shall be first. Let’s pull for any CVAC team to upset West Caldwell in boys hoop action LOL
If the Buff kid did not play baseball, he would be a track star Rees the freshman is the fastest guy I have seen come to EB just needs to grow some and keep his emotions in check!! Somp fill backfield last night Newman 263 yards and 3td Coble came back on offense and had 3 rushing TD

If the Buff kid did not play baseball, he would be a track star Rees the freshman is the fastest guy I have seen come to EB just needs to grow some and keep his emotions in check!! Somp fill backfield last night Newman 263 yards and 3td Coble came back on offense and had 3 rushing TD
I don’t know Caden Buff personally but I do know his dad. We ran track together. His dad and him done had that conversation bout track and how he can do both but ole Caden just ain’t having it. It’s all baseball for him. Maybe he will have a change of heart this spring we’ll see… and hope.

Rees IS the fastest kid in EB history as far as his age and timeline but I think Andy Coffey/Josh Debro MIGHTA been slightly faster when they both was a fresh outta 8th grade.athlete. Natural tallent and showcasing it can tend to get to young peoples heads. I’m sure Minor or hope that Minor will sit down with the guy and have a good talk with him bout work ethic, humble attitude and all he needs to do to prep up and build on what he naturally has. 14 year olds don’t think like us old men talking in here do lol.

You know if Rees is gonna do indoor track with Fraley and Byrd?

This is preliminary y’all….the RPI’s could continue to change today…but this is what I see right now after the 8:00 update.

Bunker Hill vs East Rutherford
West Lincoln vs CHASE
Maiden vs East Gaston
Lincolnton at North Surry
Bandys at Monroe

Newton Conover is 1st team looking in. UGH!!!!

Reactions: Razzamatazz
Does anyone know how the draw for 2nd place turned out? According to the postgame show on KTC Broadcasting that’s how they were going to break the three way tie (since Maiden beat Lincolnton, Lincolnton beat West Lincoln and West Lincoln beat Maiden). We had the same situation in 2016 in the SMAC 2A/3A. All three 3A teams were tied for 2nd and Burns beat KM, KM beat Crest and Crest beat Burns). I remember Burns getting the lowest seed because of course they did. I wish all teams the best of luck in the playoffs. I hate it for Coach Pack if the Red Devils indeed get left out.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Does anyone know how the draw for 2nd place turned out? According to the postgame show on KTC Broadcasting that’s how they were going to break the three way tie (since Maiden beat Lincolnton, Lincolnton beat West Lincoln and West Lincoln beat Maiden). We had the same situation in 2016 in the SMAC 2A/3A. All three 3A teams were tied for 2nd and Burns beat KM, KM beat Crest and Crest beat Burns). I remember Burns getting the lowest seed because of course they did. I wish all teams the best of luck in the playoffs. I hate it for Coach Pack if the Red Devils indeed get left out.
From from my understanding drawing doesn't exist anymore is all done by RPI rankings

This is preliminary y’all….the RPI’s could continue to change today…but this is what I see right now after the 8:00 update.

Bunker Hill vs East Rutherford
West Lincoln vs CHASE
Maiden vs East Gaston
Lincolnton at North Surry
Bandys at Monroe

Newton Conover is 1st team looking in. UGH!!!!
I like it

From from my understanding drawing doesn't exist anymore is all done by RPI rankings
I would think the 2nd place team must be identified for the automatic bid…especially if one of the teams didn’t make the playoffs.
Not the case here…but prolly still must identify who got the automatic bid.

I would think the 2nd place team must be identified for the automatic bid…especially if one of the teams didn’t make the playoffs.
Not the case here…but prolly still must identify who got the automatic bid.
From my understanding RPI would still be the tiebreaker in deciding that

From my understanding RPI would still be the tiebreaker in deciding that
I posted those tie breaker rules a few weeks back….and I don’t want to get into that cause it makes my head hurt😂…but Lincolnton beat the highest RPI team of the three….the Wolves should get the automatic bid….I think. 😵‍💫

Maybe it’s West Lincoln because their RPI is the highest of three. 😵‍💫

Or it’s like Mr. Lincolnton said…they’ll just give it to Maiden. 😂

Looks like RPI is going to be the end all be all for the foreseeable future. So if your goal is a top seed in the playoffs you might as well schedule a hard opponents during your in your non-conference schedule. But Catawba County schools are already behind the eight ball in this situation because of County guidelines requiring us to play in County schools like Fred t Ford and St Stephen's. As long as it remains a county guideline it will be hard for heating and hobby County school to get a top two or three seed in the playoffs. And kick West Caldwell out of the cvac

I
Looks like RPI is going to be the end all be all for the foreseeable future. So if your goal is a top seed in the playoffs you might as well schedule a hard opponents during your in your non-conference schedule. But Catawba County schools are already behind the eight ball in this situation because of County guidelines requiring us to play in County schools like Fred t Ford and St Stephen's. As long as it remains a county guideline it will be hard for heating and hobby County school to get a top two or three seed in the playoffs. And kick West Caldwell out of the cvac
assume if they base the 3 way tie off of RPI it will go 2. Lincolnton 3. Maiden and 4 . west Lincoln

I posted those tie breaker rules a few weeks back….and I don’t want to get into that cause it makes my head hurt😂…but Lincolnton beat the highest RPI team of the three….the Wolves should get the automatic bid….I think. 😵‍💫

Maybe it’s West Lincoln because their RPI is the highest of three. 😵‍💫

Or it’s like Mr. Lincolnton said…they’ll just give it to Maiden. 😂
My friend, let me explain this. Down at the NCHSAA or the legislature, either one, the have these cubby-holes with a piece of medical tape above them with all the teams names wrote on the tape with a sharpie. For seeding or tie breaking purposes they reach inside of this cubby hole and remove a card. On these cards it has information on the team, and area or town they are from. On the Lincolnton card the only thing it says is "Oh he!! No". That tells them to give them a bad seeding or that they don't win no tie for whichever place... See, it's a personality thing and they don't like ours. Let me give you an example: If Maiden is playing East Gaston, and West Lincoln is playing Chase, and Bandys is playing Monroe, then Lincolnton will be playing Ohio State.

Side Note: Please check you email.

Here is the list I made after the 8 am RPI update..

1. Reidsville
2. Salisbury
3. CSD
4. Bunker Hill
5. Monroe
6. Randleman
7. Shelby
8. Brevard
9. North Stanly
10. North Surry
11. Forest Hills
12. West Lincoln
13. Burns
14. East Surry
15. Maiden
16. West Stokes
17. SWR
18. East Gaston
19. Providence Grove
20. PLP
21. Chase
22. Anson
23. Lincolnton
24. TW Andrews
25. Trinity
26. Mount Pleasant
27. West Stanly
28. Bandys
29. East Rutherford
30. Lexington
31. East Davidson
32. Madison

Ohio State didn’t get in!😂

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
L
Here is the list I made after the 8 am RPI update..

1. Reidsville
2. Salisbury
3. CSD
4. Bunker Hill
5. Monroe
6. Randleman
7. Shelby
8. Brevard
9. North Stanly
10. North Surry
11. Forest Hills
12. West Lincoln
13. Burns
14. East Surry
15. Maiden
16. West Stokes
17. SWR
18. East Gaston
19. Providence Grove
20. PLP
21. Chase
22. Anson
23. Lincolnton
24. TW Andrews
25. Trinity
26. Mount Pleasant
27. West Stanly
28. Bandys
29. East Rutherford
30. Lexington
31. East Davidson
32. Madison

Ohio State didn’t get in!😂
I think this is accurate tbh

Anson over Lincolnton by .00001.

Wow! The Wolves have escaped the time warp… and I think… got a favorable draw dodging Forest Hills.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT