ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 11

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Last week of conference play. A few big games but game of the week is in bold.

Bandys (6-3, 3-3) vs Bunker Hill (9-0, 6-0)
East Burke (2-7, 0-6) at West Caldwell (0-9, 0-6)
Lincolnton (4-5, 4-2) at West Lincoln (8-1, 5-1)
Maiden (6-3, 4-2) vs Newton-Conover (3-5, 2-4)

Bunker Hill 6-0
West Lincoln 5-1
Maiden 4-2
Lincolnton 4-2
Bandys 3-3
Newton Conover 2-4
East Burke 0-6
West Caldwell 0-6

Bunker Hill 6-0
West Lincoln 5-1
Maiden 4-2
Lincolnton 4-2
Bandys 3-3
Newton Conover 2-4
East Burke 0-6
West Caldwell 0-6
I'm thinking the Lincolnton at West Lincoln as my game of the week.

Bunker Hill 6-0
West Lincoln 5-1
Maiden 4-2
Lincolnton 4-2
Bandys 3-3
Newton Conover 2-4
East Burke 0-6
West Caldwell 0-6
Bears by 14
Wolves by 1
West Caldwell by 7
Maiden by 1

Standings through 48 games

Amaidendevil - 42
eb1977 - 42
Blueschool18 - 40
BunkerHillBear12 - 40
Maiden Creek - 40
Formerdog38 - 39
Lincolnton - 38
TunnelSmoke -38
Burkeforreal - 37
Devils-24 Blue - 36

Gotta go with the Hill. Great rivalry that goes back before Vietnam. I think

West Lincoln

Maiden obviously

EB by 2 scores. West is ready to start dribbling and shoot from last to first. EB is at bottom of both unfortunately….and then there’s track season. We will end on a good note this school year in a sport that the football players are a part of. Last year of greatness in that since we losing Fraley and Byrd.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I could play it safe and go for the 1st place tie in the season final pick'ems with EB1977 but honestly what's the fun or point of a tie. 🤣
Bunker Hill--- but those bandy's boys claim they have something for Bunker Hill this week and claim they are going to ruin that undefeated season.
Maiden ---- goes out and shows everyone blue devils burn hotter than red. Take lineberger out and Newton defense is porous as a strainer. And Adair looks gun shy after this season.
East Burke--- I'm really conflicted here kinda think west but I think I the end east burke is a little tougher and will tough this one out.
ok here we go @Lincolnton I'm gonna put faith in your team even though they tend to always let me down 🤣🤣
Lincolnton--- for the regular season 🏆 hoping speed and athleticism gets the best of a tougher blue collar west Lincoln team.

Bunker Hill at Bandys: Nobody can take Bandys lightly because they're not a bad team. Bunker Hill on the other hand is good. So far, they've beaten us all and in my view they line up with Shelby, Burns, Salisbury and Reidsville. Bunker Hill by 12.

East Burke at West Caldwell: Flyrod's game of the week. The Cavaliers win this one going away. East Burke by 18.

Newton-Conover at Maiden: This could be a tricky game for the Blue Devils after a big emotional win against Lincolnton. Teams can come out flat after these kind of games. Maiden should not sleep on N-C, I mean don't nod, and remember, don't nod spelled backwards is, well, you can see it for yourself. The Blue devils by 10 in the inferno bowl.

Lincolnton at West Lincoln: Oh yeah, looks like we're going up country. All of a sudden I feel tired... AMD, I saw where you picked us. I would ask Maiden Creek to log your picking of the Wolves as a pick for West Lincoln, but I know he wouldn't do it, because if we lose you'll howl like the howlingest wolf in wolf town. Then, you'll be gouging me with that blue trident. Darned if you don't take the cake, sometimes ! You put me in the mind of one of the vexing lads of Bethel. Oops, probably shouldn't have said that because it brings the bears into the story... Well, anyway, If we did win it would create a de facto three-way tie for second place which I'm sure we wouldn't get, we're just unlucky that way, but y'all might. If we could just shore up our defense, make a few stops or block a punt, or force a fumble, especially on their side of the field, then capitalize on it then maybe just maybe... The Wolves by 1 in Cheerduck's game of the week.

PostScript: My picks are in bold.

Bandys and BH could be a hot one. Rivalries have a certain power. The battle of the devils has to go to Maiden. I know just being historical and funny at same time I say this rivalry goes back to blah blah blah, well THIS one has to go back before Pearl Harbor. Off script it sucks we don’t and never will have a generation like those men ever again.

It’s Maiden, enough said. Plus banged up EB almost beat Newton so that should tell you something. I was there, had Newton down by 5 with 2 and some change min left EB just needed a first down to milk some clock and couldn’t do it.

West Lincoln was the only game that the EB team did not have a chance missing top RB hurt!! remember BH 14 EB6 at HT and was inside the 10 two times in the 3 quarter still believe EB has enough players left to beat West C.Just saying. Also hear WC drop down varsity players to beat West Lincoln jv team not sure that was true but WL has a good JV team!!

Last edited:
TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
BUNKER HILL 🐻 60100.0%90100.0%
WEST LINCOLN5183.3%8188.9%
MAIDEN4266.7%6366.7%
LINCOLNTON4266.7%4544.4%
BANDYS3350.0%6366.7%
NEWTON2433.3%3633.3%
EAST BURKE060.0%2722.2%
WEST CALDWELL060.0%090.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF
BUNKER HILL 🐻38311642.612.929.7
WEST LINCOLN32814936.416.619.9
BANDYS33918437.720.417.2
MAIDEN28522731.725.26.4
LINCOLNTON29625032.927.85.1
NEWTON26731829.735.3-5.7
EAST BURKE19726021.928.9-7.0
WEST CALDWELL764518.450.1-41.7

West Lincoln was the only game that the EB team did not have a chance missing top RB hurt!! remember BH 14 EB6 at HT and was inside the 10 two times in the 3 quarter still believe EB has enough players left to beat West C.Just saying. Also hear WC drop down varsity players to beat West Lincoln jv team not sure that was true but WL has a good JV team!!
If a kid has played 8 quarters of varsity football he can't play JV can he?

TeamPlayerQB RatPass YdsComp%Pass TDINT
Newton 👿 L Adair118.42,16566.8%2610
Bunker HillR Robinson117.31,40264.0%145
MaidenJ Stover111.21,57556.3%195
BandysB Swett110.01,70562.6%199
West LincolnG Allen92.939954.5%22
LincolntonA Bost69.91,22950.0%1311
West CaldwellE Lipford64.081751.1%56
East BurkeC Vue27.220651.3%04

TeamPlayerRush YdsYPCRush Tds
Bunker Hill 🐻J Willis1,5418.824
East BurkeJ Dellinger1,3598.315
LincolntonA Bost1,3339.712
West LincolnJ Winnex1,15411.817
MaidenK Roberts7044.98
BandysE Spicer5955.74
NewtonE Okoro4464.56
West CaldwellJ Henline1412.80

TeamPlayerRec YdsRecRec TDs
Bandys ⚔️C Obregon1,0044611
Bunker HillX Mccleave723407
NewtonM Sifford584328
MaidenR Misher412254
LincolntonA Phelps348272
West CaldwellT Dula324201
West LincolnB Sain12561
East BurkeC Morrison9290

I could play it safe and go for the 1st place tie in the season final pick'ems with EB1977 but honestly what's the fun or point of a tie. 🤣
I'm gonna put faith in your team even though they tend to always let me down 🤣🤣
Lincolnton--- for the regular season 🏆 hoping speed and athleticism gets the best of a tougher blue collar west Lincoln team.
The reason I picked West Lincoln is because Lincolnton let me down last week.

Gotta admit EB played one heck of a game against BH and that’s the top team around. Their D had a couple close calls with those ‘about to be but wasn’t scores’ By the time WL comes along we’re too banged up to even do anything but 26-0 sounds like a moral victory I guess to make light of it all. Remember we were hurt and against all odds against West Caldwell last year walking into that one and WC had just played Bandys close the Friday before and we too care of business.

With our star freshman this year and a solid soph class of guys that you mention we should be ok next year. I’m not gonna predict anything though cause we see what happened lol

Bunker Hill 6-0
West Lincoln 5-1
Maiden 4-2
Lincolnton 4-2
Bandys 3-3
Newton Conover 2-4
East Burke 0-6
West Caldwell 0-6
BHHS as the Bears are prepping for a playoff run.
EB...not sure why but I guess they have 2 more wins
WL as Lincolnton can't stop the run and WL, well, may want to learn.
I'll go with Maiden only because NC is so one-dimensional that it can pose problems for themselves.
Best of luck and stay healthy.

just curious
if Lincolnton beats WL and Maiden beats NC there will be a 3 way tie for second in the conference. How will they break the tie for playoff seedings

thanks

Reactions: Maiden Creek
just curious
if Lincolnton beats WL and Maiden beats NC there will be a 3 way tie for second in the conference. How will they break the tie for playoff seedings

thanks
They'll just give the lousy thing to Maiden or West Lincoln...Sorry Rbrad, I know you're looking for a sensible response. From what I could gather they'll most likely use the RPI.

Because no fun in ties. Like kissing ur sister no excitement and if their is excitement for ya the ur just messed up in the head or from west Lincoln or bandy's 🤣🤣🤣

Because no fun in ties. Like kissing ur sister no excitement and if their is excitement for ya the ur just messed up in the head or from west Lincoln or bandy's 🤣🤣🤣
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Because no fun in ties. Like kissing ur sister no excitement and if their is excitement for ya the ur just messed up in the head or from west Lincoln or bandy's 🤣🤣
How would you know about kissing my sister ? Besides, I've got no sister for you to kiss. You could kiss my neighbors Labrador Retriever named Flounder.

How would you know about kissing my sister ? Besides, I've got no sister for you to kiss. You could kiss my neighbors Labrador Retriever named Flounder.
I'm sister less also. But I would really hope that people don't get excited kissing their sisters 🤣. But a lot of things seem to be normalized nowadays 🤣🤣.

Reactions: Lincolnton

Bunker Hill 6-0
West Lincoln 5-1
Maiden 4-2
Lincolnton 4-2
Bandys 3-3
Newton Conover 2-4
East Burke 0-6
West Caldwell 0-6
Bunker Hill by 10
East Burke by 20
West Lincoln by 3
Maiden by 7

AMD, I look for our guys to play them hard, this being an intra-county game. Last time we were up there on Cripple Creek we had them down 18-14, and on their last set of downs they ran M. Avery right at us, every play, all the way down the field, and scored with 3 minutes in the game to beat us 21-18.

Last year, over here, it took them two overtimes to beat us 49-48, and like the year before in the last OT, they gave it to M. Avery, and he scored for them. Two losses of the kind that really, really burns.

Friday, they'll come up this street I live on heading to WL. I ought to make a banner that reads GO WOLVES, BEAT WEST LINCOLN FOR YOU, AND ME AND AMD !

AMD, I look for our guys to play them hard, this being an intra-county game. Last time we were up there on Cripple Creek we had them down 18-14, and on their last set of downs they ran M. Avery right at us, every play, all the way down the field, and scored with 3 minutes in the game to beat us 21-18.

Last year, over here, it took them two overtimes to beat us 49-48, and like the year before in the last OT, they gave it to M. Avery, and he scored for them. Two losses of the kind that really, really burns.

Friday, they'll come up this street I live on heading to WL. I ought to make a banner that reads GO WOLVES, BEAT WEST LINCOLN FOR YOU, AND ME AND AMD !

I personally think you need at least two curse words on that banner.

I personally think you need at least two curse words on that banner.
Funny you said that, first college game I attended was at College Field in Hickory, LR Vs. ASU. If you remember banners along the walls on the home side and end zone wall, one of them said “Go Bears, beat the H€!! Out of the Apps” ! Remember wondering if the students would get into trouble over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT