West Caldwell 6-1
Bandys 4-3
Maiden 3-4
Bunker Hill 1-6
East Burke 1-6
West Lincoln 1-6

Who y’all got winning this conference?

Last edited:
Wolves defeated West Lincoln last night by a score of 61-38, with what I counted to be only 8 available players. Freshman sensation LJ Smith seems to be dealing with some sort of injury and did not play. The Wolves will be tested next week with a road game at Newton, and home matchup against the Trojans. I am not sure the extent of the injury, but one has to hope that Smith will be available for the matchup in Gamewell.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think Lincolnton will come out on top for the regular season, based on how they've played with their competition.
No LJ equals no conference championship for Lincolnton he broke his foot and is out for a while most likely the rest of the year. The conference championship still goes through gamewell for the 3rd straight year

• Sad
Lincolnton 6-1
Newton Conover 6-1
West Caldwell 6-1
Bandys 4-3
Maiden 3-4
Bunker Hill 1-6
East Burke 1-6
West Lincoln 1-6

Who y’all got winning this conference?
Well, I see the Trojans have gone South. I thought they had a good shot at conference as it is down a little this year. NC is a surprise and seems to be playing well, but I think WC will win it again this year. Best of luck moving forward.

Newton is out of control the coach is scared to death of the twins, one of the twins stood in front of West Caldwell bench and cussed the west coach then the parents of the twins started cussing the west coach and the dad was removed. Then after the game one of the twins called a west parent a bitch and caused an uproar, it’s really sad the coach can’t control them. But there’s a reason both kids throw 90 and have 0 offers in baseball

• Wow
Newton is out of control the coach is scared to death of the twins, one of the twins stood in front of West Caldwell bench and cussed the west coach then the parents of the twins started cussing the west coach and the dad was removed. Then after the game one of the twins called a west parent a bitch and caused an uproar, it’s really sad the coach can’t control them. But there’s a reason both kids throw 90 and have 0 offers in baseball
Pray tell…who won?

Maybe if you put a starter on the floor that’s not from another school you may be able to instill that Warrior Pride a little better!
I guess every school around could say that. Name a school that don’t have a transfer, I mean your Hibriten school had 3 West Caldwell transfers last year and still couldn’t win

I guess every school around could say that. Name a school that don’t have a transfer, I mean your Hibriten school had 3 West Caldwell transfers last year and still couldn’t win
My point is when kids transfer because of playing time or I don’t like my coach or we’re not winning they’re usually not gonna fit into in your case the Warrior Pride mentality. Most of the time it just don’t click. My other point is you’ve complained for years about HHS football but all of the sudden it’s ok. It’s just a double standard with y’all. I’ve always said WC is one of if not the best basketball programs around never complained about you guys winning with or without transfers, matter of fact I followed WC to 2 of their state championship appearances. I know this is basketball sight and I’ll keep it at that. Just get rid of double standards.

My point is when kids transfer because of playing time or I don’t like my coach or we’re not winning they’re usually not gonna fit into in your case the Warrior Pride mentality. Most of the time it just don’t click. My other point is you’ve complained for years about HHS football but all of the sudden it’s ok. It’s just a double standard with y’all. I’ve always said WC is one of if not the best basketball programs around never complained about you guys winning with or without transfers, matter of fact I followed WC to 2 of their state championship appearances. I know this is basketball sight and I’ll keep it at that. Just get rid of double standards.
In years past it was easy to fuss about being it only happened at a couple of schools, now it happens at every school not much can be said in 2024 about transfers

Newton Conover needs to bring Antonio Lyerly back home to restore the program. If a Newton Grad would have been the coach you don’t lose the 2 Powell kids to Hickory or Lyerly’s son who is 6’7 and is now starting at Lincolnton They are winning howver Lyerly is home grown talent as a player and brief stint at West Caldwell where he had success as well.

Coached in 3 straight regional finals as an assistant for Freedom girls after that. Has had success everywhere he has been.

Newton Football got there hire right with Matt Wilson.

Don’t think Lyerly would ever leave Freedom High School. Hard sale to ever get him to come back.

Newton Conover needs to bring Antonio Lyerly back home to restore the program. If a Newton Grad would have been the coach you don’t lose the 2 Powell kids to Hickory or Lyerly’s son who is 6’7 and is now starting at Lincolnton They are winning howver Lyerly is home grown talent as a player and brief stint at West Caldwell where he had success as well.

Coached in 3 straight regional finals as an assistant for Freedom girls after that. Has had success everywhere he has been.

Newton Football got there hire right with Matt Wilson.

Don’t think Lyerly would ever leave Freedom High School. Hard sale to ever get him to come back.
Look like newton is having a heck of a year even with all the guys leaving

CVAC standings after regular season

1. Newton Conover 12-2
2. West Caldwell 11-3
3. Lincolnton 9-5
4. Maiden 9-5
5. Bandys 7-7
6. Bunker Hill 4-10
7. East Burke 3-11
8. West Lincoln 1-13

How about those Red Devils? What a great season…they snuck up on us!😉

Congratulations on winning the conference championship.

For me….this has been the most entertaining season to watch….the conference tournament should be one heck of a show. Can’t wait!

1st round games

Newton Conover hosts West Stanly
West Caldwell hosts East Gaston
Lincolnton hosts Surry Central
Maiden travels to Lincoln Charter
Bandys travels to North Stanly

I feel pretty good about Newton…and oddly enough….I’d even have to say that about Bandys.

Those other 3 look tough to me! Just saying.

Of course…I don’t know a thing about basketball…I’m from Maiden.

Good luck! Fellers… CVAC!

1st round games

Newton Conover hosts West Stanly
West Caldwell hosts East Gaston
Lincolnton hosts Surry Central
Maiden travels to Lincoln Charter
Bandys travels to North Stanly

I feel pretty good about Newton…and oddly enough….I’d even have to say that about Bandys.

Those other 3 look tough to me! Just saying.

Of course…I don’t know a thing about basketball…I’m from Maiden.

Good luck! Fellers… CVAC!
I think EG gives WC all they can handle. They have a really solid coach that will devise a plan to give his team a chance. I think WC wins, but EG will challenge them. Is the Freshman back for Lincolnton? If so, that will be the difference. SS will be tough and played West Stokes tough, but not sure what they have overall. Lincolnton is not the same without the kid that was hurt. I think SS will win this game. I'm with you on the Bandys matchup. I think Bandys may beat them easily, however, NS is a tough place to play...small gym. As for the Maiden/LCS game....toss up. LCS is not as dominant this year as their guard play is up and down. If they attack from inside/out, they would have more success. But, they rely on their PG too much as he can score 25pts or 5 pts....You never know...If Maiden is hitting, they win....if the PG from LCS gets off, LCS wins....It wouldn't surprise me to see Maiden get a win in this game. They are playing really, really good right now. Newton Conover could be the highest seed to see a loss early on. WS is not a bad team, and, as I have stated, I think the CVAC is weak this year. I think NC wins, but wouldn't surprise me to see a loss in this one. Best of luck to all the teams as I'm pulling for a 5-0 for the CVAC in first rounds. Love this time of the year...

I like The CVAC in these playoffs... I followed this league closely... The same for Catawba County Period... Pretty good year, no complaints from me... I like the sweep for The CVAC... That should set up a real showdown in Rowan County later in the week... Creek, I'll be in the gym for that game...

I like The CVAC in these playoffs... I followed this league closely... The same for Catawba County Period... Pretty good year, no complaints from me... I like the sweep for The CVAC... That should set up a real showdown in Rowan County later in the week... Creek, I'll be in the gym for that game...
Ole “Triple G” 😂…good to hear from you.

Maiden will have their hands full with Lincoln Charter…bet on that! If the blue devils can somehow pull it off….I’ll be there. I would enjoy seeing those hornets play.

Ole “Triple G” 😂…good to hear from you.

Maiden will have their hands full with Lincoln Charter…bet on that! If the blue devils can somehow pull it off….I’ll be there. I would enjoy seeing those hornets play.
Maiden Creek, you might be right on LC being pretty good, and they might give the Blue Devils a workout. They have lost some games, though. Their worse loss was 108-56 to Lincolnton's best kept secret, The Combine Sports Academy, they're called the National Goats. Don't know why they call them National Goats but I guess it's better than calling them National Beer which was popular back in the 1950's & 1960's
Speaking of the National Goats these guys are really big. Word is that one of them can trace his ancestry back to King Og, in the Bible, you know, with the ultra long bed. Ain't that something ?
Anyway, good luck against who will more than likely be a future thorn in our side in football.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"...Is the Freshman back for Lincolnton? If so, that will be the difference. SS will be tough and played West Stokes tough, but not sure what they have overall. Lincolnton is not the same without the kid that was hurt. I think SS will win this game..."
Excerpt of a post by Dadof23 👆

Dad, last I heard was from this past week at that time he wasn't playing, and the "boot" (guess that's today's version of a cast) has very recently been taken off. Also heard he has really good grades and was contacted by Duke. He is a rare talent, so if that's correct he might not could risk it.

2nd round games

Newton Conover hosts Trinity
Lincolnton travels to Reidsville
Bandys travels to North Surry

Tough games here!

Trinity knocked Newton out of the playoffs last year…I bet the Red Devils haven’t forgotten it. I think this will be one heck of a game!

Reidsville is pretty good! Phi Rama Jama!😂
For old times sake!!…. Let’s GO! Wolves.

If y’all recall….North Surry was the number one seed last year…betting most thought it was the Rams. I know I did…until I looked. I think this is going to be a great game as well. Wouldn’t it be something to see Bandys sneak out of there with a win. I hope it happens. Go Trojans!

Good luck! Fellers. CVAC.

2nd round games

Newton Conover hosts Trinity
Lincolnton travels to Reidsville
Bandys travels to North Surry

Tough games here!

Trinity knocked Newton out of the playoffs last year…I bet the Red Devils haven’t forgotten it. I think this will be one heck of a game!

Reidsville is pretty good! Phi Rama Jama!😂
For old times sake!!…. Let’s GO! Wolves.

If y’all recall….North Surry was the number one seed last year…betting most thought it was the Rams. I know I did…until I looked. I think this is going to be a great game as well. Wouldn’t it be something to see Bandys sneak out of there with a win. I hope it happens. Go Trojans!

Good luck! Fellers. CVAC.
Toss up with Trinity and NC...Leaning toward Trinity but hoping NC can pull it out being at home...go Red Devils!!
Long night ahead for the Wolves...Reidsville sports in whole are at an unbelievable high and will be for the next two years...Good year for the Wolves...
I think Bandys can win; however, North Surry is a tough place to play with a ton of history in their program. I think NS may be too much for Bandys, but pulling for them. Go Trojans!

Toss up with Trinity and NC...Leaning toward Trinity but hoping NC can pull it out being at home...go Red Devils!!
Long night ahead for the Wolves...Reidsville sports in whole are at an unbelievable high and will be for the next two years...Good year for the Wolves...
I think Bandys can win; however, North Surry is a tough place to play with a ton of history in their program. I think NS may be too much for Bandys, but pulling for them. Go Trojans!
'
How do you feel about Lincoln Charter vs Salisbury?

'
How do you feel about Lincoln Charter vs Salisbury?
Salisbury should win but I think it will be a high scoring game....Lincoln Charter, from what I was told, had a kid shoot out of his mind and hit 10 3's...Maiden never adjusted, stayed in zone and he was set shooting his way to 10. Salisbury will bring a different defensive style to the game than Maiden. I don't think they will allow someone to shoot set shots. That said, Salisbury is at home, which is always an advantage. If you have never been to a game at Salisbury, the atmosphere always reminds me of West Charlotte in the early 2000's. It was not a very inviting place to play as the entire community, school, students, players did not like you being there. I can say the same about Salisbury. Plus, Salisbury has a kid that is special and 6'7...He will be tough to maintain. If LCS would play inside/out, they could probably win the game; however, the PG likes to control the game and takes crazy shots. He's good, but sometimes he can try and do too much instead of relying on the bigs to get going first. Should be interesting as LCS is used to playing high level teams, so they wont be intimidated. I just think LCS is a little down overall this year from last season which may be the difference. I'm pulling for LCS but they almost need to play flawless basketball. Good luck

Last edited:
Yep!…the CVAC thread continues. 😜

There’s 3 conferences that still have 2 teams left in the 2a bracket.

CVAC - Newton Conover and Bandys
Mid State - Reidsville and West Stokes
Mid Carolina - Northwood and SE Alamance

Haw River is still in the fray!😂…loving that!

Now then….

Newton Conover hosts Randleman
Bandys travels to Salisbury

Randleman with an impressive win over East Gaston. Newton Conover with an impressive win over Trinity.

You know….Trinity gave Randleman fits this season. I noticed all the teams Randleman lost to are no longer playing. Conversely…3 of Newtons’ losses were to Hickory and they’re still playing. I know someone might bring up Asheboro…rightfully so too…but just saying…I like Newton Conover in this game against Randleman. We’ll see.

Salisbury found out how good Lincoln Charter was. That was a great game. Betting most thought the hornets would roll. It’s good to see Bandys getting some of that swagger back…I’m telling you…the Trojans can be tough. I can’t wait to see the result of this game. Let’s go! Trojans!

CVAC!…it ain’t over yet.

One more….I’m watching these state champions in football to see if they can pull a double and win it in basketball too. I figure y’all are too.

Reidsville👀, Hickory👀, Weddington👀

Good stuff!🫵

Reactions: Dadof23
Yep!…the CVAC thread continues. 😜

There’s 3 conferences that still have 2 teams left in the 2a bracket.

CVAC - Newton Conover and Bandys
Mid State - Reidsville and West Stokes
Mid Carolina - Northwood and SE Alamance

Haw River is still in the fray!😂…loving that!

Now then….

Newton Conover hosts Randleman
Bandys travels to Salisbury

Randleman with an impressive win over East Gaston. Newton Conover with an impressive win over Trinity.

You know….Trinity gave Randleman fits this season. I noticed all the teams Randleman lost to are no longer playing. Conversely…3 of Newtons’ losses were to Hickory and they’re still playing. I know someone might bring up Asheboro…rightfully so too…but just saying…I like Newton Conover in this game against Randleman. We’ll see.

Salisbury found out how good Lincoln Charter was. That was a great game. Betting most thought the hornets would roll. It’s good to see Bandys getting some of that swagger back…I’m telling you…the Trojans can be tough. I can’t wait to see the result of this game. Let’s go! Trojans!

CVAC!…it ain’t over yet.

One more….I’m watching these state champions in football to see if they can pull a double and win it in basketball too. I figure y’all are too.

Reidsville👀, Hickory👀, Weddington👀

Good stuff!🫵
Well, every time I bet against NC they prove me wrong. Now, they have had an easy road, which was set up from their conference title, so who cares, right! I like NC in this one over Randleman, but it should be a really good game. If I'm not mistaken, NC is hosting which could be a huge factor in the outcome. Good luck to the Red Devils and coaching staff, whom has done a tremendous job when others doubted them.
Yes, it is good to see the Trojans in the playoffs and two, solid wins. However; I think they are stepping into a "hornets" nest in Salisbury. Salisbury has everything that has always given the Trojans a tough time...athleticism. They tend to struggle vs. athletes and a little pressure. The first two rounds set up perfect for Bandys and I think, if LCS would have won, the Trojans would've had a chance at winning that game as well. Salisbury too much for the Trojans, but I do think they play tough for awhile. Eventually, athletes that can play will prevail. I'm hoping for a good outcome, but not sure. I'm sure they will go in with a good game plan. Go Trojans!
Additionally, it is great to see the old, traditional teams of the conference bode well in the playoffs. I remember the days when either NC, Bunker Hill , Bandys or all 3 were in the regionals year in and year out. Those were the days but it is great to see them making some noise again in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT