ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 3 (Monroe at Bunker Hill)

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bunker Hill (12-0) vs Monroe (11-1)
Lincolnton - round ball
Maiden - round ball
West Lincoln - wrestling
Bandys - wrestling
Newton-Conover - wrestling
East Burke - winter track and field
West Caldwell - round ball

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7

Last edited:
Not sure what to say bout this one. 2 good teams bringing a heavy weight boxing back and forth type matchup. Speed, timing, penalties, every play a factor from both teams.

Torn between hitting up this one and Watauga. Prob hit Watauga since my mom and aunt woulda went there if it was built sooner and a ton of cousins walked the stage in cap and gowns

Hickory with a home game vs AC Reynolds. Whew guys we got it going on in the whole CVAC area in 3rd round action.

Bunker Hill….keeps winning.

So impressed with this team.

What stands out to me about these Bears….is how smart they play.

I’d have to say…it’s coaching and experienced players.

They won’t beat theirselves….ain’t no way!

Burkes picks.

BH- hey going with the Hill. It’ll be down to the wire and who wants it more.

Bonus picks: hey how bout it, let’s do this, take additional picks for these 2 local games.

Watauga in a super close one over Independence. Last visit this way from Indy was 2007 vs EB. They ain’t bringing all stars this time.

Hickory over AC in a nail bitter if the Defense comes to play.

One of the differences in Bunker Hill and West Lincoln is that BH can pass. On the other hand Monroe is a complete team, too, and Union County teams are very tough. They still have three left in the playoffs. This game will also be at Bunker Hill, and that's a plus for the Bears.
This should be a great game. I wouldn't know who to pick right now. It'll come to me later in the week, like a burned out light bulb that has one spark left.

Bunker Hill's defensive front blew us up all night long. We couldn't block them. Throw in our QB with his ankle injury and missing our #1 receiver, it was a tough night for us. Defensively I thought we played very good. I assume we held Willis to his lowest rushing total of the year. QB made some good throws. Biggest difference was four 3rd and very longs we gave up early in the first half. If we get off the field there, it could have been a different game. But we didn't, and we paid for it.

Monroe will be a different animal. They are fast everywhere and have the experience of going deep in the playoffs just a year ago. I know the WL game was close, but that's how WL plays and sometimes teams like that give others fits if they don't see it much. Just like South Point does. 9 times out of 10 South Point doesn't have as many athletes as their opponents, but that Red Bone is special. Bunker Hill runs a more traditional offense and I think that bodes well for Monroe. I just don't see BH winning this game. I could be wrong, that's just how I see it. I haven't seen Monroe play this year but I saw them last year and they have most of that team back. They were explosive then, and they'll be explosive now. Good luck to BH though, you've got a tough bunch over there. I hope it's a great game and atmosphere.

I've picked the Bears all year and I'm staying with them. Yes, I think Monroe struggled with a WL team that many overlook, plus they run the ball and use physicality. If you aren't used to that style, it will give you fits. I would imagine that is what happened to Monroe. BH is more what they are used to seeing so it will be a little easier to game plan. But a 21-0 lead in first half on Burns was impressive and something Monroe can't take lightly. WL gave Bunker all kinds of problems as well, but they found away to win as did Monroe. I think it could go either way, but I don't see this being a close game. Whoever decides to win, it will be by 21 plus points....I'm just hoping its the Hill. Best of luck to all and stay healthy.

I've picked the Bears all year and I'm staying with them. Yes, I think Monroe struggled with a WL team that many overlook, plus they run the ball and use physicality. If you aren't used to that style, it will give you fits. I would imagine that is what happened to Monroe. BH is more what they are used to seeing so it will be a little easier to game plan. But a 21-0 lead in first half on Burns was impressive and something Monroe can't take lightly. WL gave Bunker all kinds of problems as well, but they found away to win as did Monroe. I think it could go either way, but I don't see this being a close game. Whoever decides to win, it will be by 21 plus points....I'm just hoping its the Hill. Best of luck to all and stay healthy.
🐻🐻

Before Friday I would have picked Monroe by 14. But if WL can play with them, so can Bunker Hill. Go Bears!
Watched the film already of them against west I really like our chances I’ll say that !

I said this before, often times this is about match ups. WL ran the wing-t/option which is hard to deal with if you are not prepared, as it's hardly run much anymore. I wouldn't make a judgement based off that one game.

Bunker Hill runs a similar scheme as Monroe and Burns. Bunker Hill struggled against a beat up Burns, down one of their best players when BH had the lead by 2 or 3 TD's. Monroe is better than Burns across the board and BH doesn't run the triple option/T.

I'm not going to call this, just pointing facts. BH plays smart on offense and has a great defensive front that is good against the run and a decent 2ndary. Monroe likes to run these days, but they can light you up in the air. BH has a shot, BUT Monroe also has the ability to pull away. Nobody has shut down their offense yet.

Hoping for a good game... Ill be going to this one. I dont know who will win but I know Monroe will have the better band. I love watching games while listening to them. Thought I would never say that about a band... But they are dang good

Hoping for a good game... Ill be going to this one. I dont know who will win but I know Monroe will have the better band. I love watching games while listening to them. Thought I would never say that about a band... But they are dang good
Does Monroe fans travel ? Bc I heard they have had hardly anyone in the stands the first 2 rounds

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Last year 3RD round against East Surry they packed the stands. Not sure about this year... Only game I went to was against forest hills and of course that game was packed. They play so many really bad teams throughout the season I Dont go to many until playoffs

Bunker Hill caught a break…the Johnny’s wanted ‘em sooo badly! 😂
Bunker Hill looked solid against Burns, they would definitely give Pasquotank problems if they played 😂. That qb loves to throw it seems. Monroe vs BH is going to be a good one, our press box announcer will keep all of us at Northeastern updated with the scores from every 2a game in the state during our game Friday night. I’ll be listening for this one along with Shelby/Salisbury

Man I’m a forest hills guy. But Monroe’s band is fun to watch!

Bunker Hill looked solid against Burns, they would definitely give Pasquotank problems if they played 😂. That qb loves to throw it seems. Monroe vs BH is going to be a good one, our press box announcer will keep all of us at Northeastern updated with the scores from every 2a game in the state during our game Friday night. I’ll be listening for this one along with Shelby/Salisbury
🐻

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT