ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 1

Thank you my friend. Is this a requirement that an official runs the clock or keeps time ?
There used to always be an official upstairs running the clock. With the current shortage of officials, schools have volunteers doing it, at least in our area. It was very poorly ran on Friday at WL. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she was too caught up in the action to see/remember to look for the refs’ signals.

Maybe the A.D. and others will take the time to evaluate what and who they need this time. Their middle school and JV teams have performed above average the past few years, but it never seems to carry over to the varsity level.
Pack resigned as head coach. But not sure if he quit as athletic director could still be on in that capacity 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Maiden Creek
There used to always be an official upstairs running the clock. With the current shortage of officials, schools have volunteers doing it, at least in our area. It was very poorly ran on Friday at WL. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she was too caught up in the action to see/remember to look for the refs’ signals.
Thank you LTown, I saw the fans pointing but I normally don't pay any attention to it, then I thought "Am I seeing what I'm seeing". I was told an official is not required but I'm thinking the same way you are.

off the subject Not that you have said this BFR

just a thought Mountain Heritage did not throw a pass against Draughn and won big why does nobody says a word about a running team unless you lose or have injuries. some teams are just build for running and not a passing team just a thought!!
I never said that that’s for sure. I asked how the game went or why nobody from Draughn was saying anything bout it cause Draughn posts have been few and far between this year. My question came out wrong and didn’t look right but I never heard much of anything bout the game or read the paper

Thank you my friend. Is this a requirement that an official runs the clock or keeps time ?
Funny side note: If you noticed, the clock never ran down to end the game. We took a knee, they had no TO. The operator stopped the clock at 2.7 seconds, and held it there, so that we couldn't photograph it at zeros, lol. Then they sent someone running down there to cut it off completely. I sorta respected that plan, but that 31 run play, 80 yard drive in 39 seconds was a little on the ridiculous side, lol.

Easier to swallow since the kick missed.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Ha!

It's been years since we had an official run the clock. We have a team that simply starts and stops on the officials signal.

I always thought an on field official was keeping the "official" time, but maybe not.

The onfield crew seemed oblivious to one whole side, players on one team, and coaches pointing at the scoreboard. And I guess all the pressbox crew was, too, lol

It was very impressive in its scope of operation and "stealth"😆

Here we go, CVAC Playoffs Week 1.
But first, shout out to the BLUE DEVILS. Finishing 7 and 3 with this young group and hosting a playoff game is a sweet accomplishmen!

Bandys youth loses to Monroe
Bunkerhill
will be too much for East Rutherford
Lincolnton surprises North Surry
West Lincoln powers by Chase
MAIDEN MAGIC over East Gaston. GO BLUE

Funny side note: If you noticed, the clock never ran down to end the game. We took a knee, they had no TO. The operator stopped the clock at 2.7 seconds, and held it there, so that we couldn't photograph it at zeros, lol. Then they sent someone running down there to cut it off completely. I sorta respected that plan, but that 31 run play, 80 yard drive in 39 seconds was a little on the ridiculous side, lol.

Easier to swallow since the kick missed.
AAW, the thought of it troubles me because that could have costed us the game, and we deserved to win, our guys played their hearts out, and no one knows this any better than you. I wonder just how deep in our territory they would have gotten before having to attempt a field goal or go for the score on fourth down before the clock expired. Think I've jumped to the conclusion it might have been deliberate. I don't mean to sound self-righteous by saying this but nobody could make me believe anyone from our press box team would even consider pulling that. I think it's time for me to let it go and look to the next game. Thanks for saying something. I was hoping you would, and thanks for letting me blow off a little steam.

AAW, the thought of it troubles me because that could have costed us the game, and we deserved to win, our guys played their hearts out, and no one knows this any better than you. I wonder just how deep in our territory they would have gotten before having to attempt a field goal or go for the score on fourth down before the clock expired. Think I've jumped to the conclusion it might have been deliberate. I don't mean to sound self-righteous by saying this but nobody could make me believe anyone from our press box team would even consider pulling that. I think it's time for me to let it go and look to the next game. Thanks for saying something. I was hoping you would, and thanks for letting me blow off a little steam.
I wonder how maiden fans would have handled that 🤣🤣

Yall fans have been on the OC from West ass since the game😂 people kept the receipts from his over the summer comments

I wonder how maiden fans would have handled that 🤣🤣
AMD, coming home from the game Friday night, I honestly thought about that. If you saw what I thought I saw, and I'm still not certain I saw it, it might have resulted in a police event... Maiden fans are some of the most hardcore fans I know of but if that would have been the Blue devils and you would have been the clock operator, same situation, barring a mistake or malfunction which I still cannot or don't want to discount, I do not believe there is any way you have deliberately done that or even considered it, and no one gets more upset over a loss than you.

AMD, coming home from the game Friday night, I honestly thought about that. If you saw what I thought I saw, and I'm still not certain I saw it, it might have resulted in a police event... Maiden fans are some of the most hardcore fans I know of but if that would have been the Blue devils and you would have been the clock operator, same situation, barring a mistake or malfunction which I still cannot or don't want to discount, I do not believe there is any way you have deliberately done that or even considered it, and no one gets more upset over a loss than you.
Lol I've seen our fans pelt refs with all kinds of things over the years 🤣🤣

Top 10 in Total Yards

SchoolNameTotal Yards
Lincolnton 🐺 Andre Bost2,718
Newton-ConoverLogan Adair2,340
BandysBrady Swett2,333
MaidenJosh Stover2,314
Bunker HillJason Willis Jr1,958
Bunker HillRedek Robinson1,600
East BurkeJacob Dellinger1,412
West LincolnJaylin Winnex1,354
BandysCash Obregon1,098
West CaldwellElan Lipford1,015

Total TDs of the Yardage Leaders

SchoolNameTotal TDs
Maiden 🔱Josh Stover32 (19-13)
Newton-ConoverLogan Adair31 (28-3)
BandysBrady Swett28 (21-7)
Bunker HillJason Willis Jr28
LincolntonAndre Bost26 (13-13)
West LincolnJaylin Winnex18
Bunker HillRedek Robinson16
East BurkeJacob Dellinger16 (15-1)
BandysCash Obregon14
West CaldwellElan Lipford8 (6-2)

Yds/TD Ratio (Scored a TD for every 'x' yard gained)

SchoolNameYds/TD Ratio
Bunker Hill 🐻Jason Willis Jr69.9
MaidenJosh Stover72.3
West LincolnJaylin Winnex75.2
Newton-ConoverLogan Adair75.5
BandysCash Obregon78.4
BandysBrady Swett83.3
East BurkeJacob Dellinger88.3
Bunker HillRedek Robinson100
LincolntonAndre Bost104.5
West CaldwellElan Lipford126.9

Top 10 in Total Yards

SchoolNameTotal Yards
Lincolnton 🐺Andre Bost2,718
Newton-ConoverLogan Adair2,340
BandysBrady Swett2,333
MaidenJosh Stover2,314
Bunker HillJason Willis Jr1,958
Bunker HillRedek Robinson1,600
East BurkeJacob Dellinger1,412
West LincolnJaylin Winnex1,354
BandysCash Obregon1,098
West CaldwellElan Lipford1,015

Total TDs of the Yardage Leaders

SchoolNameTotal TDs
Maiden 🔱Josh Stover32 (19-13)
Newton-ConoverLogan Adair31 (28-3)
BandysBrady Swett28 (21-7)
Bunker HillJason Willis Jr28
LincolntonAndre Bost26 (13-13)
West LincolnJaylin Winnex18
Bunker HillRedek Robinson16
East BurkeJacob Dellinger16 (15-1)
BandysCash Obregon14
West CaldwellElan Lipford8 (6-2)

Yds/TD Ratio (Scored a TD for every 'x' yard gained)

SchoolNameYds/TD Ratio
Bunker Hill 🐻Jason Willis Jr69.9
MaidenJosh Stover72.3
West LincolnJaylin Winnex75.2
Newton-ConoverLogan Adair75.5
BandysCash Obregon78.4
BandysBrady Swett83.3
East BurkeJacob Dellinger88.3
Bunker HillRedek Robinson100
LincolntonAndre Bost104.5
West CaldwellElan Lipford126.9

If you rank all 10 of these players based off these three metrics: