ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 1

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bandys (6-4, 3-4) at Monroe (9-1, 5-0)
Bunker Hill (10, 7-0) vs East Rutherford (5-5, 4-2)
Lincolnton (5-5, 5-2) at North Surry (7-3, 6-0)
Maiden (7-3, 5-2) vs East Gaston (8-2, 4-2)
West Lincoln (8-2, 5-2) vs Chase (7-3, 4-2)
East Burke - round ball/winter track and field?
West Caldwell - round ball

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7

Last edited:
Standings through 52 games (Regular Season)

Amaidendevil - 46
eb1977 - 45
Blueschool18 - 43
BunkerHillBear12 - 43
Maiden Creek - 43
Formerdog38 - 42
Lincolnton - 42
Burkeforreal - 41
TunnelSmoke -41
Devils-24 Blue - 39

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
Bunker
Monroe
Maiden
Wolves
West Lincoln

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
Monroe
Bunker Hill
Lincolnton
East Gaston
West Lincoln

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
Winter track and field yes for EB. If y’all recall they were 2A state champs last season in Indoor track. Of course big part of that was because of Fraley and Byrd. Other big contributors was Byrds brother in shot and another guy in shot, Bostian, think he graduated. They may not have much of anything after these guys graduate and Fraley and Byrd still injured from football so I don’t know when or how things will turn out for them or the team. Hopefully Rees comes out and runs that’ll be a major plus

Bunker
Monroe
Maiden
Wolves
West Lincoln

Burkes picks. Hey fell off from last year but let’s see if I can pull up. These are more unpredictable so rolling the dice, Floyd’s blow in the dice, rattle rattle throw-

Monroe all day on Bandys, way too much to handle. Over by middle of 2nd quarter mostl likely.

The Hill will have too much Willis for a vastly improved ER.

Lincolnton over those Surry boys. Tough CVAC and nonconference schedule will pay off I can feel it.

East Gaston over Maiden- just got a bad feeling bout this one I don’t like picking over my CVAC bretheren but this is a program that’s been in the dumps for years and years. Tough schedule, Maiden young but still better than what people originally thought. Super super close one. EG in a thriller.

West Lincoln- thriller last 4 or 5 min win down to the wire. Maybe by 7 or 10. Shaking off that Howel of an upset ha ha.

Bonus game if Flyrod wants to do it. Up to you big guy. Other area games too predictable but can use them in 2nd round when more competitive like Watauga and Draughn and Hickory

NL loses by 14 to Rockingham. That’s my pick for outside but close to CVAC. RB Wingate went down hurt at West Iredell game and didn’t play against EL. This one, I’m not sure if he’s gonna go in. Anyone know?

Last edited:
From the stats it looks like for the CVAC and area in and around CVAC Wingate of NL was leading in yards and in line with Willis and Dellinger, well before Dellinger went down. Not having Wingate this week MAY pull North’s stock down in the game pick. Backups may be good to go long as the Line holds up.

Passing yards I forgot who the leader was

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
West Caldwell Boys Soccer made Playoffs though

Word on the streets over here near the Dirty Ankle portion of Upper Cleveland,some of these Burns dudes are already saying for yall to break out the basketballs or golf balls for a round at Rock Barn after next week,,,

I think one of em called yall Pooh Bears... I think it was @BurnsBullDog02

I woulda defended yall but one of yall stood me and Creek up at Lincolnton /Maiden game... HA HA

Word on the streets over here near the Dirty Ankle portion of Upper Cleveland,some of these Burns dudes are already saying for yall to break out the basketballs or golf balls for a round at Rock Barn after next week,,,

I think one of em called yall Pooh Bears... I think it was @BurnsBullDog02

I woulda defended yall but one of yall stood me and Creek up at Lincolnton /Maiden game... HA HA
How you going to call my ass out like that?? You said you wouldn’t tell!!! 😂😂😂 Pine Lake Prep first. You been snorting Cheeto dust again?

How you going to call my ass out like that?? You said you wouldn’t tell!!! 😂😂😂 Pine Lake Prep first. You been snorting Cheeto dust again?
I wonder if pine lake preps is like last year they bring their offensive players to the game and leave their defensive players at home 🤣

Reactions: Maiden Creek
From the stats it looks like for the CVAC and area in and around CVAC Wingate of NL was leading in yards and in line with Willis and Dellinger, well before Dellinger went down. Not having Wingate this week MAY pull North’s stock down in the game pick. Backups may be good to go long as the Line holds up.

Passing yards I forgot who the leader was

off the subject Not that you have said this BFR

just a thought Mountain Heritage did not throw a pass against Draughn and won big why does nobody says a word about a running team unless you lose or have injuries. some teams are just build for running and not a passing team just a thought!!

Final Standings

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
BUNKER HILL 🐻 70100.0%100100.0%
WEST LINCOLN5271.4%8280.0%
MAIDEN5271.4%7370.0%
LINCOLNTON5271.4%5550.0%
BANDYS3442.9%6460.0%
NEWTON2528.6%3730.0%
EAST BURKE1614.3%3730.0%
WEST CALDWELL070.0%0100.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF ⬆️
BUNKER HILL 🐻43914443.914.429.5
WEST LINCOLN34516834.516.817.7
BANDYS36724036.724.012.7
MAIDEN31923931.923.98.0
LINCOLNTON31526731.526.74.8
EAST BURKE24726724.726.7-2.0
NEWTON27935227.935.2-7.3
WEST CALDWELL835018.350.1-41.8

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
Monroe as Bandys struggles vs. athletes
BHHS but close game than expected
Lincolnton as NS has played no one.
East Gaston ends Maiden's season. EG, unfortunately, plays in conference with Shelby and Burns.
WL in a close game

Best of luck to all teams....stay healthy.

Bandys at Monroe: The Trojans have a mountain to climb just to stay in the game. If they could somehow pull the upset it would be not only historic for the school but for this area. Unfortunately, I can't see it happening. Monroe by 20.

East Rutherford at Bunker Hill: The Cavaliers did beat Chase and seem to have found some fire here at the end of the season scoring a bunch in their win over Polk County. Kind of have some sentiments for East Rutherford from the old days when they were a powerful member of the Southwest Conference in the WNCHSAA and their key players, Lewis Jolley, Gary Dotson and Jimmie Rogers. I also like their Coach Russ who is out of Burns and pitched for Cherryville Post 100, and I like his Daddy, too.
But this ain't about sentiments, though, is it ? Bunker Hill may be capable of playing with any 2A team in the state. The Cavs will not be a match for them. Like many of us fans in the CVAC, we've seen them play and know what they can do. The Bears by 20.

Chase at West Lincoln: The Trojans have a win over Mountain Heritage and played Brevard close, but West Lincoln will wear them down with their physicality (Yeah, that's a good word for it). WL by 14.

East Gaston at Maiden: EG is one of my personal favorite teams of all-times. The Blue Devils now have one of my favorite coaches, meaning I'll have mixed feelings (The word for it is ambivalence, AMD) about the outcome... Flyrod didn't pick a game of the week, but if he would have, this one, I believe, would qualify. Unlike us, the Blue Devils seem to get an extra boost from playing at home so I give them the nod in this one. If it were being played at the Arrowhead I'd probably have picked EG. Maiden by 1.

Lincolnton at North Surry: Frankly, I'm a little worried about this one. Their offensive line concerns me since our defensive line can sometimes be our Achilles Heel, but you wouldn't have known it last week. They have a flanker named Simmons, that can carry the groceries and a receiver named Simmons (Both are Simmons), who their very sharp quarterback McKnight likes to throw long to. We have our hands full but strangely enough, The Wolves can sometimes play better away than at home. Lincolnton by 1.

Postscript: I guess Newton-Conover didn't make it. The Blue Devils must have been this season's final nail...To the others that didn't make the playoffs, hope you'll keep your heads up and much respect for you. I know how it feels. It's like everybody's going to the movies and you're not being allowed to go with them. We'll do it again next year.

Side Note: My picks are in bold

Side Note
: This is a question for anyone who cares to or has time to answer it, or anyone outside the CVAC that might notice it. I should know the answer to it and I'm thinking like I might have known this at one time, but I don't anymore.

The question is, during high school games, does an official operate or oversee the operation of the time clock (That appears on the scoreboard), and if not does an official on the field keep the official time on the field. If the answer to both of these are no then is the clock operated by local staff ?

The reason I ask this, at a recent game (It was not in Lincolnton) there was just a short amount of time left and so often I would look towards the scoreboard to see how much time was remaining, and repeatedly It looked to me like the clock was not running when based on my knowledge it should have been running, and I confess that my knowledge of when the clock should and should not be running is very, very casual, meaning I've never read up on it and I could surely be mistaken.

Something else, I talk about old age on here to the point of boredom, probably because I am old and in some strange cerebral way it is how I deal with it. One of the hardest things for me to accept is that my faculties aren't what they used to be and abilities I once had a lot of confidence in such as time, distance, periphery and overall perception, are just not as good as they once were but outside of obvious mix-up or malfunction or a maybe a single isolated time or two when the clock didn't start it never was so obvious as this time, but I confess this, too, I was wanting the clock to run to benefit my team. Thanks for any answer.

Bandys at Monroe: The Trojans have a mountain to climb just to stay in the game. If they could somehow pull the upset it would be not only historic for the school but for this area. Unfortunately, I can't see it happening. Monroe by 20.

East Rutherford at Bunker Hill: The Cavaliers did beat Chase and seem to have found some fire here at the end of the season scoring a bunch in their win over Polk County. Kind of have some sentiments for East Rutherford from the old days when they were a powerful member of the Southwest Conference in the WNCHSAA and their key players, Lewis Jolley, Gary Dotson and Jimmie Rogers. I also like their Coach Russ who is out of Burns and pitched for Cherryville Post 100, and I like his Daddy, too.
But this ain't about sentiments, though, is it ? Bunker Hill may be capable of playing with any 2A team in the state. The Cavs will not be a match for them. Like many of us fans in the CVAC, we've seen them play and know what they can do. The Bears by 20.

Chase at West Lincoln: The Trojans have a win over Mountain Heritage and played Brevard close, but West Lincoln will wear them down with their physicality (Yeah, that's a good word for it). WL by 14.

East Gaston at Maiden: EG is one of my personal favorite teams of all-times. The Blue Devils now have one of my favorite coaches, meaning I'll have mixed feelings (The word for it is ambivalence, AMD) about the outcome... Flyrod didn't pick a game of the week, but if he would have, this one, I believe, would qualify. Unlike us, the Blue Devils seem to get an extra boost from playing at home so I give them the nod in this one. If it were being played at the Arrowhead I'd probably have picked EG. Maiden by 1.

Lincolnton at North Surry: Frankly, I'm a little worried about this one. Their offensive line concerns me since our defensive line can sometimes be our Achilles Heel, but you wouldn't have known it last week. They have a flanker named Simmons, that can carry the groceries and a receiver named Simmons (Both are Simmons), who their very sharp quarterback McKnight likes to throw long to. We have our hands full but strangely enough, The Wolves can sometimes play better away than at home. Lincolnton by 1.

Postscript: I guess Newton-Conover didn't make it. The Blue Devils must have been this season's final nail...To the others that didn't make the playoffs, hope you'll keep your heads up and much respect for you. I know how it feels. It's like everybody's going to the movies and you're not being allowed to go with them. We'll do it again next year.

Side Note
: This is a question for anyone who cares to or has time to answer it, or anyone outside the CVAC that might notice it. I should know the answer to it and I'm thinking like I might have known this at one time, but I don't anymore.

The question is, during high school games, does an official operate or oversee the operation of the time clock (That appears on the scoreboard), and if not does an official on the field keep the official time on the field. If the answer to both of these are no then is the clock operated by local staff ?

The reason I ask this, at a recent game (It was not in Lincolnton) there was just a short amount of time left and so often I would look towards the scoreboard to see how much time was remaining, and repeatedly It looked to me like the clock was not running when based on my knowledge it should have been running, and I confess that my knowledge of when the clock should and should not be running is very, very casual, meaning I've never read up on it and I could surely be mistaken.

Something else, I talk about old age on here to the point of boredom, probably because I am old and in some strange cerebral way it is how I deal with it. One of the hardest things for me to accept is that my faculties aren't what they used to be and abilities I once had a lot of confidence in such as time, distance, periphery and overall perception, are just not as good as they once were but outside of obvious mix-up or malfunction or a maybe a single isolated time or two when the clock didn't start it never was so obvious as this time, but I confess this, too, I was wanting the clock to run to benefit my team. Thanks for any answer.
I heard about the issue yall had at West ! When you are playing at West Lincoln you gotta battle refs,clock operator ,chain gain ,11 guys on the field and the water boy

Side Note

The clock operator (not the scoreboard operator) at Thomasville games is a striped shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT