ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 2

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bunker Hill (11-0, 7-0) vs Burns 8-3)
Lincolnton (6-5, 5-2) at Shelby (8-3)
Maiden (8-3, 5-2) at Salisbury (11-0)
West Lincoln (9-2, 5-2) at Monroe (10-1)

Bandys - wrestling/baseball prep
East Burke - round ball/winter track and field
West Caldwell - round ball

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
GIVE ME THE BUNKER HILL BEARS BY 14
Shelby by 3 (upset potential)
Salisbury by 10
Monroe by 14

Bunker Hill by 14. Be there!!! If not at Hickory/NL

Shelby- 10(give alittle upset potential)

Salisbury at a whole new level for a young Maiden. The Hornets at 14

Monroe- West gears up for what I’ve heard they were good at, Wrestling. Monroe by 21

Bonus games-
One I lost if he counted it against Rockingham. But I think y’all would all agree with me on this one- Hickory by 14 in a closer hype rematch with North Lincoln

Don’t even know why I mention this one. First time and an ugly time these 2 will meet, Mallard Creek over Watauga by 28. Upset of the century if they pulled this one off. Even for them. Trick play calling at the right time with help from turnovers and pentalties from MC needed to have a chance if it’s even close.

West Henderson over EL, but….slight upset potential since they done a job on Ledford.

@Lincolnton maybe we got a little luck coming our way Friday 🤞 I just looked and saw that Salisbury High School is located on Lincolnton road 🤣🤣 maybe a sign of us winning Friday we do tend to do well and win, when lincolnton is involved with us 🤣🤣
AMD, not only is the school located on Lincolnton Road, the Hornets athletic director is a Lincolnton alumni.

Salisbury has a good team as we know. But I know their schedule has been mainly soft. So it’s hard to gauge how they will do against tougher competition in the 2A. Last year when I saw Salisbury in the playoffs and I had to get ticket online. Which I got mine online at gate. So I take it still same for this year. Just a heads up.

AMD, not only is the school located on Lincolnton Road, the Hornets athletic director is a Lincolnton alumni.
Salisbury came here in 1967 for a non-conference game. They were the Boyden High School Yellow Jackets, same location as the current Salisbury High. Their uniforms were black with yellow trim and looked like they'd been designed by Ralph Lauren (Visiting teams wore the dark colors), Can't recall if the helmet was black or yellow. They had stockings and warmup jackets. Must have been a lot of money in Salisbury, then. These guys were very confident and I think it intimidated some of our players. They ran all over us, and at halftime the score was 20-0. I remember seeing our team going into the field house and they even walked like they had been whipped.
When Coach Harris spoke with the team he asked them "Ain't you got no pride at all ?" The Wolves came back out and tied the score and that is how the game ended without Boyden/Salisbury scoring in the second half. Then ties weren't uncommon. If we had another couple of minutes I believe we would have beaten them. After the game their team walked off the field and looked like they'd been whipped.

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
Bunker is too much for Burns as Burns struggled with Shelby. Not saying Bunker is on same scale but this year they have the athletes. The Hill by 10
Shelby ends a very successful season for the Wolves. Basketball starts next week and from the talk, Lincolnton should win conference with ease. Shelby by 24
Against my best judgement, I'm going with Maiden. Devils by 7
Monroe ends a great season for a good WL team. Monroe by 20 plus

@Lincolnton maybe we got a little luck coming our way Friday 🤞 I just looked and saw that Salisbury High School is located on Lincolnton road 🤣🤣 maybe a sign of us winning Friday we do tend to do well and win, when lincolnton is involved with us 🤣🤣
I believe the Devils have a fairly decent chance. If Maiden wins, you'll be on here flapping your wings and crowing like a big rooster.

Bunker is too much for Burns as Burns struggled with Shelby. Not saying Bunker is on same scale but this year they have the athletes. The Hill by 10
Shelby ends a very successful season for the Wolves. Basketball starts next week and from the talk, Lincolnton should win conference with ease. Shelby by 24
Why is BH too much for Burns? I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just wanted some insight of what BH does good and bad. I saw the Burns Shelby game and that game was a lot closer than the score showed.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

You feeling okay? It ain’t like you to pick us...maybe some reverse juju going on?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

You feeling okay? It ain’t like you to pick us...maybe some reverse juju going on?
Lol!! I've picked against them all season and they have proven me wrong. I'm actually pulling for them to win, so I'm sure now they will let me down. LOL. I think Salisbury is good, but not sure they have played a tough schedule. Maiden has played a much tougher schedule. Best of luck!

Why is BH too much for Burns? I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just wanted some insight of what BH does good and bad. I saw the Burns Shelby game and that game was a lot closer than the score showed.
BHHS QB is the real deal and poses a lot of problems for any team. Add their RB and they are too much for a lot of teams. Burns struggled with EG and Maiden handled them which told me a lot. However, football is about matchups, so we will see. Wouldn't surprise me to see either team win, but I think BHHS is on a mission, at least until Shelby.....

Final Standings
Bunker Hill 7-0
Maiden 5-2
Lincolnton 5-2
West Lincoln 5-2
Bandys 3-4
Newton Conover 2-5
East Burke 1-6
West Caldwell 0-7
Burns
Shelby
Salisbury
Monroe

Salisbury came here in 1967 for a non-conference game. They were the Boyden High School Yellow Jackets, same location as the current Salisbury High. Their uniforms were black with yellow trim and looked like they'd been designed by Ralph Lauren (Visiting teams wore the dark colors), Can't recall if the helmet was black or yellow. They had stockings and warmup jackets. Must have been a lot of money in Salisbury, then. These guys were very confident and I think it intimidated some of our players. They ran all over us, and at halftime the score was 20-0. I remember seeing our team going into the field house and they even walked like they had been whipped.
When Coach Harris spoke with the team he asked them "Ain't you got no pride at all ?" The Wolves came back out and tied the score and that is how the game ended without Boyden/Salisbury scoring in the second half. Then ties weren't uncommon. If we had another couple of minutes I believe we would have beaten them. After the game their team walked off the field and looked like they'd been whipped.
Good Story!!!

One thing I notice Maiden hasn’t lost since the Bunker Hill game. Since then they beat a good Lincolnton team and won against a decent East Gaston team. Do you Maiden fans feel like Maiden had improved as the season went.
I've said all season maiden will get better every game with our youth. But we still make to many mistakes which u can't do against top teams. Our team goes how The QB goes.

I live in Salisbury and know all about them... I work at Shurtape in Catawba NC... I know about Maiden as well... Salisbury is physical and has a few playmakers... Maiden plays in one of the strongest league's in this state 2A... Vike is right, Maiden turned it around after the BH game... I just sense that Salisbury is facing a Maiden team at the wrong time... Yeah, I know the Hornets are playing at home... But the Blue Devils growth is what has my attention in the contest...

I live in Salisbury and know all about them... I work at Shurtape in Catawba NC... I know about Maiden as well... Salisbury is physical and has a few playmakers... Maiden plays in one of the strongest league's in this state 2A... Vike is right, Maiden turned it around after the BH game... I just sense that Salisbury is facing a Maiden team at the wrong time... Yeah, I know the Hornets are playing at home... But the Blue Devils growth is what has my attention in the contest...
Will I see you at the game Friday night? Hope so…I think C is going to Bunker Hill to watch that game.

Maiden's really young team has done a good job of salvaging a decent season in a rebuilding year. The offense, for the most part, has played well. The team's biggest weakness, by far, is stopping a good ground game. If Maiden can play acceptable run defense against Salisbury it should be a competitive game. If not, it will be 8-4 and on to roundball. Still not bad for a young team. And ditto that for the JV team. 6-4 (6-1 in conference play), with 28 of the 43 man roster being freshmen, plus four sophomores and one freshman playing exclusively on the varsity this season.

Where do the fat boys eat over there?😂

I’m bringing a couple…we’re gonna put a hurting on some place over there. 😜

Let me know.
Dont be scaring the locals down there slobbering whilst eating your livers and hot sauce...

He basically shut down the snack bar in hickory and then got us kicked out of a place in mountain view for his antics...

Trouble maker.... :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT