ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 2

Now that the season is over for some of us who aren't ready for it to end, and for the Shelby fans who would like to catch back to back games in a week, Bunker Hill might be where it's at. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a crowd, and Hickory is hosting North Lincoln. Couple of good choices. Football is definitely in northern Catawba County.

Now that the season is over for some of us who aren't ready for it to end, and for the Shelby fans who would like to catch back to back games in a week, Bunker Hill might be where it's at. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a crowd, and Hickory is hosting North Lincoln. Couple of good choices. Football is definitely in northern Catawba County.
I’ll be at Bunker Hill…let me know if you decide to come.

Reactions: Lincolnton
I knew that was gonna happen when I saw where Maiden was entering in the same end zone. Sincerely apologize about before and after game. From my understanding from speaking with a parent things may have gotten out of control on social media this week. Nonetheless Maiden did not quit and will be a force next year. Game was closer than the score said. And my apologies!

Congratulations to Salisbury! You have a good football team, fast and athletic.

Unfortunately the leadership there is without class. Character starts at the top and should be demonstrated to these young men who will lead their community in the future.
Sportsmanship and Integrity should have been exemplified and sadly was not.

dallashornet, thank you for the apology. Hopefully men like yourself will take a stand and show these young men a better way.

Since people want to compare how Burns did against East Gaston and then how Maiden beat East Gaston... Lincolnton who barely moved the ball against Shelby put up 37 on Bunker Hill? I would NOT go by the Burns team you saw against EG if you don't want the Lincolnton comparison. Burns offense is much more dynamic than Lincolnton.

Since people want to compare how Burns did against East Gaston and then how Maiden beat East Gaston... Lincolnton who barely moved the ball against Shelby put up 37 on Bunker Hill? I would NOT go by the Burns team you saw against EG if you don't want the Lincolnton comparison. Burns offense is much more dynamic than Lincolnton.
I was thinking the same thing. And unless we turn the ball over (knock on wood - we haven't done much of this year), we will score, and we will score a lot. 2 defensive stops may win this thing for either team.

They barely beat West Lincoln by 6, a West Lincoln team that lost to Lincolnton, 19-17. They really shouldn’t do score comparisons.

They barely beat West Lincoln by 6, a West Lincoln team that lost to Lincolnton, 19-17. They really shouldn’t do score comparisons.
Yeah that typically doesn’t work. We scored 37 on Bunker Hill, but 3 of those TDs were kick and punt returns. Surely they won’t allow that to happen anymore. BH has a good defense but not as good as Shelby. I think it will be a really tight game tonight and I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Yeah that typically doesn’t work. We scored 37 on Bunker Hill, but 3 of those TDs were kick and punt returns. Surely they won’t allow that to happen anymore. BH has a good defense but not as good as Shelby. I think it will be a really tight game tonight and I’m looking forward to seeing it.
The only reason we were bringing that up is because the BH boys brought up our East Gaston game several times. We agree that you can't do score comparisons.

No worries we will be back next year with a more loaded team and I have a feeling our kids will not forget.
The kids (and parents etc) all saw your monkey meme as well. Fools acting like that then want to complain about class!? I’m guessing you are one of those who feel you’re a victim when you drive 90 and get a speeding ticket.

I took Bunker Hill.

It’s a tough pick!… but I went with the Bears since they returned essentially the whole team from last year.

Good luck! Brother. 😉
Dang I picked bunker hill also... Now that game is much less interesting to me lol. What about watauga vs mallard creek who did YA pick? That's the last game ill ask. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
The kids (and parents etc) all saw your monkey meme as well. Fools acting like that then want to complain about class!? I’m guessing you are one of those who feel you’re a victim when you drive 90 and get a speeding ticket.
He does seem to have a problem with losing. I remember him making some disparaging comments about Reidsville last year, after losing to them.

Unfortunately the leadership there is without class. Character starts at the top and should be demonstrated to these young men who will lead their community in the future.

dallashornet, thank you for the apology. Hopefully men like yourself will take a stand and show these young men a better way.
First time I’ve seen anything like that this year and probably the last. They are good kids. And let’s remember they are kids! I know I was perfect at that age.

Salisbury had a poster on here apologizing for the classless action. So it is what it is
I posted that prior to knowing why what everyone was so upset about. To classify everyone as classless because of emotional reactions is a bit over the top. Those kids have been through a lot over the years and kept their composure. Teams have called them derogatory names during games to try and make them react negatively several times. I’m not going to come down on them because they are kids. No they are not perfect but who is. For the Maiden folk that I know who will hear me, the boys meant no disrespect to you. They look forward to their game against Shelby next week. Win or lose they will do their best.

Made those comments before the game actually
At least you’re honest about making those comments, regardless. I read them, and thought, “he’d being saying those same things about Shelby”, had that been us you were playing. You really shouldn’t be talking about “class”. You’re being a hypocrite.

Last edited:
I've don't think I've actually ever said much about Shelby and we've played several times maybe just something along the line that y'all and Reidsville jack the conversation in y'all's posts 🤣🤣. But I'm also not a part of the program at Maiden just a passionate fan. I wouldn't hold a teams fan to the same standard as the program. If I became an official part of the program i would zip my mouth on these forums

At least you’re honest about making those comments, regardless. I read them, and thought, “he’d being saying those same things about Shelby”, had that been us you were playing. You really shouldn’t be talking about “class”. You’re being a hypocrite.
And one thing I am is honest and will stand by my comments even if they age poorly.

First time I’ve seen anything like that this year and probably the last. They are good kids. And let’s remember they are kids! I know I was perfect at that age.

I posted that prior to knowing why what everyone was so upset about. To classify everyone as classless because of emotional reactions is a bit over the top. Those kids have been through a lot over the years and kept their composure. Teams have called them derogatory names during games to try and make them react negatively several times. I’m not going to come down on them because they are kids. No they are not perfect but who is. For the Maiden folk that I know who will hear me, the boys meant no disrespect to you. They look forward to their game against Shelby next week. Win or lose they will do their best.

Honestly kids don't surprise me nowadays and you could mark that up to be in kids and I could accept that. What surprised me and really got me was the fact that y'all had coaches that were part of this as adults you would think they could rise above something like that. And yes I'm brash and push the lines myself but I'm not part of a program or in charge of one. But today is a new day and time to focus on next season. Hopefully the kids are in the same place I am "the gym" working on payback for next season.

Reactions: FormerDog38
Honestly kids don't surprise me nowadays and you could mark that up to be in kids and I could accept that. What surprised me and really got me was the fact that y'all had coaches that were part of this as adults you would think they could rise above something like that. And yes I'm brash and push the lines myself but I'm not part of a program or in charge of one. But today is a new day and time to focus on next season. Hopefully the kids are in the same place I am "the gym" working on payback for next season.
Yes, the coaches got upset with all your crap. they don't like your post any more than the next guy, but you didn't mention before the game your quarterback came out and tried to warmup in front of our kids as they were throwing passes around at Salisbury's end of the field. You also didn't mention that your team waited at the concession stand until Salisbury was getting ready to cross the track onto the field. they then started to cross in front of the Salisbury team, trying to get a reaction. You then ran through the maiden banner at Salisbury's end of the field. You had players trying to kick and dig into the hornet at mid field. Do you think all this was proper behavior? You have an entitled mentality at your school that people don't like. You believe that any team you play should bow down to the great maiden. Sorry to inform you, but that is not going to happen at the hive.

Yes, the coaches got upset with all your crap. they don't like your post any more than the next guy, but you didn't mention before the game your quarterback came out and tried to warmup in front of our kids as they were throwing passes around at Salisbury's end of the field. You also didn't mention that your team waited at the concession stand until Salisbury was getting ready to cross the track onto the field. they then started to cross in front of the Salisbury team, trying to get a reaction. You then ran through the maiden banner at Salisbury's end of the field. You had players trying to kick and dig into the hornet at mid field. Do you think all this was proper behavior? You have an entitled mentality at your school that people don't like. You believe that any team you play should bow down to the great maiden. Sorry to inform you, but that is not going to happen at the hive.
You have to cross the street to get to your field from the locker rooms you only have one entrance. So what do you want the way team to change in the visitor bathrooms and then come in from that side of the field. Upgrade your facilities so that you can have two separate entrances. Y'all's own cops were uncomplementary to your school when talking to us. Maybe there were some underlying issues I don't know about that helped heat up the game. But also looks like there's some bigger issues that guys program needs to look into their selves about also.

You have to cross the street to get to your field from the locker rooms you only have one entrance. So what do you want the way team to change in the visitor bathrooms and then come in from that side of the field. Upgrade your facilities so that you can have two separate entrances. Y'all's own cops were uncomplementary to your school when talking to us. Maybe there were some underlying issues I don't know about that helped heat up the game. But also looks like there's some bigger issues that guys program needs to look into their selves about also.
No, from what I saw, you guys are very arrogant assholes. But I guess thats the way they raise them in Newton Conover

And while I'm being honest and calling things out let me go ahead and call out an issue I saw last night with Maiden my own School. Our band or should I say band director is an embarrassment. The fact she loaded up her band and drove out of the game before the game was even over is sorry as hell. In my opinion she doesn't need to be at Maiden if that's her opinion of how to represent the school. Might as well unload all my thoughts since season is over. Maybe I can find a kumbaya vibe in a few days but probably not 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT