ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Spring/Summer

This year should be interesting for EB football they could have had at least 5 wins the last few seasons they might be their limit in this tough conference. They just don't have the talent some of the other schools have everything has to go right for them to win!! Just look at the other sports it is the same thing. At least they are in most of the games not like several years ago they were getting beat by 50 points a game still a tough football job to head up!!
This past fall was one of their best shots for a while to make any kind of noise or sneak into the playoffs. They had a few 4A caliber players with athleticism they may not see again or see for a good while. Looking what’s coming down the pipe im just not certain of our future. This year should be stable and decent

This past fall was one of their best shots for a while to make any kind of noise or sneak into the playoffs. They had a few 4A caliber players with athleticism they may not see again or see for a good while. Looking what’s coming down the pipe im just not certain of our future. This year should be stable and decent

Yes you are right that is what made last year so disappointing with all the injury's it ruin the season. Hoping for a better year they still have some good players left but everything has to fall in to place to win in this tough conference.

Yes you are right that is what made last year so disappointing with all the injury's it ruin the season. Hoping for a better year they still have some good players left but everything has to fall in to place to win in this tough conference.
Look at the bright side of things we at least got a girls basketball team to the finals and a state runner up men’s track team. Our girls will most likely be back but so will North Pitt. Boys track will be a good memory and that’s it far as that goes. Losing Fraley, Bostian and Byrd is tough but they got to go sometime as we all did. Mad respect to every team in this conference even West Caldwell. They got athletes man and it showed on the track.

Looking for a dog fight with Maiden and Bandys and Bunker Hill with me leaning toward Maiden.

Y
One could see already with very little effort Flyrod….kid can fly…like his Dad….who was a stud for Maiden.

Hansel and Gretel stories with bread crumbs and such…AMD….with a perpetual smoke screen at his finest!😂…had me staring at Lincolnton.

Boom Devils! Baby
yeah hoping for a diamond in the rough 😂😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
You got to have to deal with freedom pretty soon though everybody said all those kids are leaving. But guess who didn't leave? A quarterback he didn't leave. And I heard they getting some players. That's a coach that will turn that program around.

If he lets t
You got to have to deal with freedom pretty soon though everybody said all those kids are leaving. But guess who didn't leave? A quarterback he didn't leave. And I heard they getting some players. That's a coach that will turn that program around.
he lets the QB throw the ball

And honestly if freedom looks to poach anything from East Burke I would think it would be Lineman that's about all honestly

Reactions: flyrod5518
Freedom will end up keeping kids that have been going to Draughn.
I don't think they'll have to worry about lineman he will develop his own. Nobody in that county is going to be doing what he's doing in the weight room. And the speed and conditioning. And he's no nonsense. You don't want to do it. That's fine Go play basketball. Good play somewhere else. You might have some issues but being a damn football coach and a leader in a motivator of young men he's good at that.

I don't think they'll have to worry about lineman he will develop his own. Nobody in that county is going to be doing what he's doing in the weight room. And the speed and conditioning. And he's no nonsense. You don't want to do it. That's fine Go play basketball. Good play somewhere else. You might have some issues but being a damn football coach and a leader in a motivator of young men he's good at that.
Don't question his coaching ability my question will be if he brings his run-style offense will athletes to play receiver and quarterback be happy or want to move on somewhere else

Reactions: flyrod5518
Don't question his coaching ability my question will be if he brings his run-style offense will athletes to play receiver and quarterback be happy or want to move on somewhere else
What you really mean is you’d like for these unhappy athletes to be playing for the Somewhere Else Blue Devils.

Side Note: These are my conference rankings for the upcoming season

1.Bunker Hill Bears
2.Somewhere Else Blue Devils
3.Lincolnton Wolves
4.Bandys Trojans
5.Newton-Conover Red Devils
6.West Lincoln Rebels
7.East Burke Cavaliers
8.West Caldwell Warriors

What you really mean is you’d like for these unhappy athletes to be playing for the Somewhere Else Blue Devils.

Side Note: These are my conference rankings for the upcoming season

1.Bunker Hill Bears
2.Somewhere Else Blue Devils
3.Lincolnton Wolves
4.Bandys Trojans
5.Newton-Conover Red Devils
6.West Lincoln Rebels
7.East Burke Cavaliers
8.West Caldwell Warriors
I think you ranked us one too far south ™️

That reminds me we're at Bandys and North Lincoln, too, where we're about as welcome as a fly in buttermilk. If we could beat Maiden once-in-awhile I wonder if they'd hate us that much. I can't remember, it's been too long. GMAFB.

That reminds me we're at Bandys and North Lincoln, too, where we're about as welcome as a fly in buttermilk. If we could beat Maiden once-in-awhile I wonder if they'd hate us that much. I can't remember, it's been too long. GMAFB.
GMAFB...give me a football

Lincolnton I'd love to see you suit up one time. You may not be as good as you once were, but you're as good once as you ever were. You may be the missing piece the Wolves need.

GDevil, I read on the NCHSAA website about the track and field finals. I would like to maybe try the 1600 meters. If I asked to compete I know they would tell me the same thing as when I tried to join a chess club, recently, “We’re calling the police” ! And there were people in the chess club older than me.😄

Last edited:
We will give u a fair chance u can line up against me on football field 🤣.
I believe you and GrizzlyDevil are trying to set-me-up. I saw that picture of you at the gym and you looked like a college athlete since you been dieting and working out. Last time I saw GrizzlyDevil he looked like one, too.
The only chance I'd have against either one of you in any physical challenge would be running, and then it would probably take me a mile or so to pull even with you. Us Lincolnton sorts are nice but we're pretty tough though.

Went fishing today for the first time since 2011...caught 5 brim and 4 perch in 1.5 hours. Not bragging (don't think it's bragg-able considering the type of fish) but just saying I really enjoyed myself on a successful day.
With your kind of work you would need a getaway. I don't know how to fish but my father did, and he fished for brim and crappie. The brim was a small fish, can't recall what a crappie looked like. I remember wondering why they named it crappie, awful name for anything. Once, I asked him why he didn't try to catch larger fish, he said the smaller ones tasted better.

We will give u a fair chance u can line up against me on football field 🤣.
Hey, and one other thing to you. If I could be outfitted in football garb and accept you challenge, before you got to knock me down, somebody would call and this is what the radio traffic would be from Catawba County: "Maiden Car 9", "Go ahead Catawba County", "Car 9, elderly man in the playing area of Thomas Brown Stadium, subject wearing a football outfit, possibly has absconded the nursing home"...Then, as they lead me away you and GrizzlyDevil would be over there laughing your @$$e$ off.

Not too many great week 1 games to me in this area. I’m curious how county will do as I feel like it going to be down a little bit esp Bunker Hill, possibly Bandys , St Stephens will be about the same - Hickory will be good but may not as good as last yr - I’m curious to see what Maiden does and Newton Conover should be decent but new coach n staff, Foard is Foard so I’m curious also how EB does.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Not too many great week 1 games to me in this area. I’m curious how county will do as I feel like it going to be down a little bit esp Bunker Hill, possibly Bandys , St Stephens will be about the same - Hickory will be good but may not as good as last yr - I’m curious to see what Maiden does and Newton Conover should be decent but new coach n staff, Foard is Foard so I’m curious also how EB does.
Don't worry maiden is maiden 😈 we do what we do every year win......

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I’m curious what Wilson does with N-C in year 1.

Does St Stephen do any better ? I’m curious why they struggle?

Foard is Foard but I’ll pull for them bc they have some good folks down there.

I haven’t heard much from L-Town but Lincolnton is never out of the question. They have a beautiful facility and history.

East Burke will prob be what they have been last couple of seasons.

Will Patton be any good?

I started to call the school…tell ‘em that their hard headed goat got out of his pen again and he is running all over town….baaaaing at people…and saying that Maiden is going to win it all again!😂
G.O.A.T. LOL I'll take it. But never said anything about taking it all this year honestly until Reidsville stop stacking the deck they're going to be the odds on favorite you're in and out. They're playing for conference championships and playoff respect

@Sportsnut17 I see we are scrimmaging again this year this time at y'all's house. Do y'all still have the micro quarterback ?? It's a sight to see him play you got to see it with your own eyes

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’m curious what Wilson does with N-C in year 1.

Does St Stephen do any better ? I’m curious why they struggle?

Foard is Foard but I’ll pull for them bc they have some good folks down there.

I haven’t heard much from L-Town but Lincolnton is never out of the question. They have a beautiful facility and history.

East Burke will prob be what they have been last couple of seasons.

Will Patton be any good?
Newton has a brutal schedule this fall. West Henderson and Hickory and then the CVAC. That’s tough sledding.

Nothing would surprise me concerning Newton Conover….they could win the conference or go 1-9.

However….they were senior heavy last year….but they still have the QB Adair and the lightning fast Sifford kid.

Hard to believe…but Newton scored 5 times against Hickory last year….AC Reynolds and Dudley were the only teams to do that. Just saying.

Ironically…Maiden was the only team that held Newton to 2 scores last year. Again!…just saying.😂

No one can figure out Newton Conover, but I’m betting Wilson can. Wilson had West Iredell going in the right direction in a short time frame….and there is no doubt….he’ll have the athletes over there at Newton. We’ll see.

I think everybody in this county pulls for St. Stephens and Foard….I know I do!😉 I’ll say this…and I posted it too….St.Stephens JV ran through the CVAC like a stomach virus last year😂…beat Maiden, Bandys and Bunker Hill. SSAW!

……and Foard’s JV beat Maiden and West Lincoln along with beating St. Stephens too. Go figure!

This one is for AMD….My 1st prediction for this fall….Fred T….by gosh….Foard😂….will win a game this fall…I just hope it ain’t Maiden. Go Tigers.

Book it!🫵

If y’all recall….Newton was first team out last year for the playoffs.

They’re playing the same schedule again this year… I believe. It’s a great schedule for RPI purposes.

Can the Red Devils win just one more game?….they were sooo close last year.

…I know Mr. Lincolnton remembers…I reckon Mr. West Lincoln does too…whoever that is. 😂

Newton is a psychological Mess. They really need a sports psychiatrist. They like mental toughness and the problem with the hard schedule or if they lose a few games it gets in their heads and then spirals downhill from there. The kids don't get along hello parents who have kids playing they were hoping some players would leave this off season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT