ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin @ #1 E Lincoln 2AA West Reg Final

I forgot denver nc is the metropolis of the southeast.I hear the most popular place in Lincoln county is the prison. Only place you can work and see most of your family in the same shift. There is a common theme w west stokes monroe ans e.Lincoln. .yall do a lot of yaking monday thru friday and a lot of disappearing on saturday..maybe thats because basketball usaully starts rt after franklin mashes that mouth on friday night.

If Franklin does what they do best and controls possession of the ball while pounding it down your throat, it would be hard for East Lincoln's offense to score if they are not on offense. Shouldn't be a hard concept to follow. East better have some tough linebackers cause #36 will be like getting hit by an Abrams Tank.

This team is the high school equivalent of the Alabama running game. JMO.

Next man up for the Panthers. I look for dalton to play..hell you can hand of sitting in a wheel chair..and when the time comes he will make a big play in the passing game as he always does..if the corner plays great if not great also....been saying for a long time something special taking place and friday night WILL NOT be the final destination just another step in the journey to 16-0.

Originally posted by bamatide13:
If Franklin does what they do best and controls possession of the ball while pounding it down your throat, it would be hard for East Lincoln's offense to score if they are not on offense. Shouldn't be a hard concept to follow. East better have some tough linebackers cause #36 will be like getting hit by an Abrams Tank.

This team is the high school equivalent of the Alabama running game. JMO.
You asked earlier and I forgot to answer.... I think #36 will choose to play close to home. Like 20 miles close.....

I think that's a good fit for him. He has a support system in place there as well as home which is just across the mountain. Make no mistakes about it though, I feel like he could be on several D1 rosters as a FB/LB.

Will not matter about the clock. Lincolnton had it 38 of 48 minutes. Score in one to five plays about every time. I am not predicting the outcome, just that ball control just keeps the score down. If a team wishes to win then don't put your punter on the bus. Two losses of possession will almost secure a loss.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Will not matter about the clock. Lincolnton had it 38 of 48 minutes. Score in one to five plays about every time. I am not predicting the outcome, just that ball control just keeps the score down. If a team wishes to win then don't put your punter on the bus. Two losses of possession will almost secure a loss.

Lincolnton Times News

Will never stop the ground and pound, the Alabama of high school football, I can't even take you guys serious. Have a great trip down the mountain folks with your sea of red as you take over the stadium, you guys are a hoot, keep it rolling boys.

Originally posted by W.I.R.:
Wow here we go again with Franklin not having the athletes..lol..I may be wrong but we werent supposed to have the athletes to play w west stokes or Monroe. Looking back seems east Lincoln didnt have the athletes to play w monroe last year.
I love the fact that sarcasm was so stinging that it made someone create a profile just to respond.

Originally posted by CM3:
Will never stop the ground and pound, the Alabama of high school football, I can't even take you guys serious. Have a great trip down the mountain folks with your sea of red as you take over the stadium, you guys are a hoot, keep it rolling boys.
But I want to believe it, CM3. Doesn't that make it more probable??
smile.r191677.gif

My 2c...I have seen East twice, and can't see a way to beat them yet. Perhaps Franklin can catch Surratt, or stop those receivers. Not having seen them, I hold out hope that anything is possible. But my eyes tell me that Surratt is hard to contain, tackle, catch or rattle... But maybe, if your ground and pound is better than Lincolnton's, and your defense is better too, then I can see a victory in Franklin's future!

It could happen! I came to Denver and sat with another mountain team a couple of years ago...dirtiest team I ever saw...can't remember the name right now, but they had no conscience. Lotsa confidence though. I went home realizing that the Mustangs would have to stop themselves, but they didn't do it. Now, here's hoping Franklin is all that and then some. (not the dirty part) Hope they are big, fast and score a hundred...Sorry CM3, I know ya'll don't really pull for us, so Ima not pretend to be all bout Lincoln County either, like some of the folks on here. I know you understand.

My prediction, based on hype, heart and hope... Franklin 100, East 99.

My prediction, based on reality as I see it: East 49 Franklin 14 Dang it. Get mad, Panthers! Lets go!

Looking back seems east Lincoln didnt have the athletes to play w monroe last year.

I don't recall anyone saying that about E. Lincoln. They certainly do have some very good athletes.

You should change ur name to always an idiot.. Lincolnton had no clue on defense...so keep up w your predictions. .for the record FHS 42 35

Neither Franklin nor E Lincoln have the athletes to keep up with the Refs.

Refs win in a blow out.
glasses.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/1 9:45 PM by redraiderfan74

Originally posted by FranklinFAN:
From what I have been reading on the other sites, the big winner from last weeks game was the towing service that is hauling off cars illegally parked along the roadway next to the school, with one of the biggest games in the state coming up would ya think they might overlook some parking issues. NOTICE to the Panther Nation, get there early and get a parking spot or you will have to pay one of Denvers finest to get your car back.. when The Panther Nation arrives, we will have more than the home team, from the looks of the small visitors side, we will have no problem filling that place..
Went to East Lincoln several years ago to see East Henderson play them.We set on the East Lincoln side.The visitors side was small and full.Good luck to the panthers.With your big guy[Young] should be able to have long drives and run the clock..

Ouch. I am on your side. Lincolnton had a clue in every other game, but you are correct...no clue as to how to stop that offense. Good luck. I really hope y'all figure it out!

No doubt the qb is special and his wrs are very very talented..no doubt they will get there points..I feel beyond certian we will have a great scheme..our coaches and players understand the task at hand..I would expect a monster crowd..looked like an overflow for the game last week...if franklin keeps the ball 38 min like Lincolnton did they will win...glad ur pulling for the Panthers

Alwaysawolf - the mountain team that you remember being dirty. That was Madison two years ago. They were something lol. I can't remember how many personal fouls they had. A bunch.

Sorry, I'm not a chest beater, I'm a realist. This game will be the toughest one we have played all year. Very much respect to EL. They are going to give us fits in their O vs our D match up. Our KO coverage has been questionable at best this year so that is another area that we could get hurt in. In reading the EL vs L thread & article, It seemed to me that there were a couple critical penalties (not just the D holding) that hurt L & took them out of 3 & short. It's vitale that we stay out of those situations. Turnovers & penalties could be the story of this game. Not sure about East's kicking game but ours is above average. Imo this is a tough match up for the Panthers. We will just have to see come Fri. night. I hope that it's a injury free game & the state title winner comes from this match up.

For Franklin,East rarely lets the clock hit 12 seconds....conditioning is a factor...if the refs allow it,bump the receivers hard at the line to disrupt the pass plays....make Surrat beat you with his feet and you have a chance....if the refs are flag happy on pass interference,then you are in big trouble....

Couple things..#1 do not confuse w franklin w madison county..far different. .franklin is a class act from top to bottom..madiis probably had more unsportsmanlike flags or late hits in the first half than franklin has had in 3 yrs..#2 as far as conditioning that will have no affect on franklin as they are very well conditioned...its a true contrast of styles..I still say first team to punt twice loses..

MSC117 stated it pretty well. Jam the receivers at the line. Anything else is difficult to cover. East will stack two receivers sometimes on one side. That makes jamming difficult. Playing off 7 to 8 yards is a problem. The after the catch yardage is always big. Can't just tackle, you have to make a play on the ball.

East has a swarming defense. For East they need to fill the gaps early in the play and slow down the big kid. Franklin could have success running the ball if they pull the guards.

Monroe beat EL last year in the playoffs by pressuring the QB all game long,the EL QB took one heck of hit from behind I think,and the kid was on the ground a very,very long time after that hit,but as always 99% of games are decited by turnovers,penalties and field position,win those battles your chances are good your gonna win the game.

This post was edited on 12/2 10:46 AM by TVILLEDAWG2370

I haven't seen Franklin and I don't mean any disrespect them, but to beat East it will take playing a perfect game and probably getting a break or two along the way. I think East's defense is good but can be ran on, just need to spread out a little more than we did so they can't put 11 in the box. I'd also like to see a team try playing two deep safeties and rush 6 or 7 every play against Surratt. Not sure it would work, just would like to see something more aggressive than what we did both games. As far as jamming the receivers, those corners better know what they're doing or else EL's fast receivers will be by them every time. I think playing man coverage is a very bad idea (see Lincolnton game film) lol. I'll be there Friday silently pulling for Franklin, but at the same time, I really enjoy watching Surratt and that offense do their thing. Just my worthless 2 cents. But I'll say EL 42, Franklin 28

All great ideas, keep them coming. Monroe's defense last year was something special, when your d line is as fast or faster than your very fast LB's and about 50 lbs. bigger and mean as hell it makes it a long night for any team and then add them playing on turf, I saw Monroe in the preseason and on film and trust me they were nowhere near the team they were last year but with that being said still a pretty good team. Same with Reidsville and Shelby years back, just absolutely explosive at every position. Franklin is a good team, but no they are not Alabama or even Crest for that matter, East Lincoln knows they have an up hill battle awaiting them but will go out there Friday night and try their best, obviously the underdog, but that is why you play the game. And please Franklin please play bump and run man and leave those big LB's on our slots and RB.
wink.r191677.gif
Good luck and once again have a safe trip down to little old East Lincoln.

now msc117 are you leaving the safeties over the top, or leaving nobody in the middle of the field, are you double covering anybody? I like this stuff lets talk some defense. Always about the offense
smile.r191677.gif

now msc117 are you leaving the safeties over the top, or leaving nobody in the middle of the field, are you double covering anybody? I like this stuff lets talk some defense. Always about the offense
smile.r191677.gif
EL will score somewhere north of 40 points and will keep the pressure on Franklin not to make mistakes...I just do not see Franklin stopping that EL offense...

Later!

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
East has a swarming defense. For East they need to fill the gaps early in the play and slow down the big kid. Franklin could have success running the ball if they pull the guards.
When I heard about East's swarming defense earlier in the week, my first thought was our counter play and our fullback trap. I think both could have some success if the defense is too keyed in on the big guy, particularly considering how well he moves for his size.

Question about East's offense: have teams changed their defense around completely when playing you this year? It seems that a team that passes so much would see some crazy alignments and blitz schemes.

Wow!! I've never heard so much BS in my life on here. Sounds like some of the Franklin bunch are way too confident and spouting off just to be spouting off. Bring it on. It's going to be a long ride home for you Friday night.

Never seen the counter or FB trap in these parts but looking forward to seeing the pros run it, just kidding. Teams have tried all sorts of things, man, zone, bringing the house, zone blitzing, soft man, trust me it ain't about the x's and o's its about the jimmys and joes, whoever shows up and does their job is going to win this game.

You ever sitting around with the guys, having a great time, laughing, making fun of each other, then some guy just says some off the wall crazy crap that the room just becomes silent and everyone has that wtf look, well buddy you are that guy. Thanks for killing the thread

Back on topic

Franklin will have to create pressure with their front 4 on defense to have a chance stopping EL. Franklin will have to pound the rock on offense and try to play keep away. A turnover here or there could swing this game big time. Did anyone watch the NC State gameplan vs UNC on Saturday? I believe Franklin will try to mimic that...

If Franklin can force a couple turnovers, run the clock and take up 5+ minutes a drive and score TD's while not having turnovers and be forced to punt it could be a very interesting game.

Good luck to both but deep down I'd like to see Franklin pull it out

Originally posted by Elincoln:
Alwaysawolf - the mountain team that you remember being dirty. That was Madison two years ago. They were something lol. I can't remember how many personal fouls they had. A bunch.
That's the team! Madison...smh lol. And Frank, I didn't mean to insinuate y'all would be similar. Just reminiscing! I was so hoping to make that drive to Franklin this week, but the ponies messed up my plans. With any luck I will be on your 50 Friday Night if there's room for some Black and Gold in that Red sea.

CM3...what would you do to stop your O? Can you pull it off on Wednesdays?
This post was edited on 12/2 7:47 PM by AlwaysAWolf

Come on over but better be there early..will be standing room only by 630

I think our mustangs will be fine.

This post was edited on 12/2 11:32 PM by Tool Time Tam

The Charlotte Observer saying Franklin gave up 28 pts per game was just a bit off. They actually gave up 11 pts per game this year and a total of 35 in the playoffs in 3 games. Biggest challenge of the year this Friday however

This post was edited on 12/2 11:45 PM by tdawg5

Never seen the counter or FB trap in these parts but looking forward to seeing the pros run it, just kidding. Teams have tried all sorts of things, man, zone, bringing the house, zone blitzing, soft man, trust me it ain't about the x's and o's its about the jimmys and joes, whoever shows up and does their job is going to win this game.
Yeah, Franklin isn't gonna run anything you haven't seen in a Little League game. The goal is to run it better than you've seen, which we will find out Friday, I guess. I doubt you'll see anything on defense that's crazy, either. tdawg5 posted that an aggressive four man front with keeping plenty of people in coverage was Franklin's best shot and I have to agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT