ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin @ #1 E Lincoln 2AA West Reg Final

I would play an aggressive four man front and keep plenty in coverage like you said, but have a LB/OLB/S spying the QB. Seems to me he likes to play cat and mouse with the line of scrimmage, someone to bite on the run and dump it over their heads. Keep a man on him all night, with the 4 man front getting some pressure....might result in some bad decisions or at least him forcing the football where he doesn't want to go with it. Is it just me, or does he only have a primary read? He stares down his read every play, without a checkdown or second progression. Not knocking him whatsoever that's just the ONLY thing I could come up with from the bits and piesces of film i've seen. Franklin will have their hands full trying to stop EL.
This post was edited on 12/3 9:09 AM by fhsalum01

Gotta love franklin being 14-0 and yall still trying to help coach. ..damn yall woulda went crazy if you were fans before 2000..if franklin loses friday it will have nothing to do w coaching or scheme but all todo w athletes...im sure yall had genius ideas to stop Monroe. .id say 14 pts was ok

The defense actually only gave up 7 pts. The other 7 was on a kick off return except for about 5 yds. I think the defense will be ready Friday and I think the secondary has played better in the playoffs than they have all year.
This post was edited on 12/3 9:59 AM by clayboy14

Originally posted by W.I.R.:
Gotta love franklin being 14-0 and yall still trying to help coach. ..damn yall woulda went crazy if you were fans before 2000..if franklin loses friday it will have nothing to do w coaching or scheme but all todo w athletes...im sure yall had genius ideas to stop Monroe. .id say 14 pts was ok
What the hell else are we gonna talk about? Just shooting the crap about some football. If the coaches decide to do something else besides what I said, then good for them. Just thought I'd have some fun with the game. I guess I should be insulting everybody all over the boards to show how awesome I am.

For the record, I played before 2000. I would love a way to go back and change a lot of those coaching decisions, as much as I admired some of those coaches for personal reasons.

Franklin will def need to mix up some coverages and not stay in Cov. 0...don't be surprised if you see them in a 3 man front a lot.

Radiocheck where you been...miss your post..your last one was an all time great. For some entertaining reading go to the 3a site and click on " breaking news in 3a"

If some of those Franklin teams before 2000 had the coaching staff they do now...look out. It impresses me what a competent, organized, and fiercely competitive staff continues to do at Franklin. They get the most out of the kids and make them believe they can win. Can wait until Friday boys...

Originally posted by Lincolnton:
Here's an interesting article on East Lincoln's C.Surratt in today's Gaston Gazette.
Excellent information and those numbers are very impressive. His freshman year,he stepped in at QB, during the playoffs and state championship run,didn't he?

Cheerduck, he filled in at quarterback for Garrett Young #7, after he sustained a pretty bad knee injury against Lincolnton during the 2012 regular season. Young was only out for a couple of weeks even though it was anticipated he would be out longer.He was back long before the playoffs. Surratt played at the wide receiver spot and also at running back, I believe.

Always a wolf now that would be silly to let out. There are a lot of weapons there, and as well as EL's offense passes the ball, there are also 3 very good RB's in Valentine, Banks and Surratt.
Cheerduck, Surratt did play QB for a few conference games his freshman year when Garrett Young got hurt against Lincolnton, that was a heck of a game, he threw a TD pass then Lincolnton almost ran the next kickoff back, the kid that caught the TD is actually the one that chased him down, that was the closest they came to scoring again and EL did not score anymore that game either. He did not play QB in any of the playoff games unless it was mop up time, he was EL's leading receiver that year with Jesse Earnhardt, and may have been EL's leading rusher also

Originally posted by CM3:
Always a wolf now that would be silly to let out. There are a lot of weapons there, and as well as EL's offense passes the ball, there are also 3 very good RB's

True. And true. But silly things happen here daily! And, if there's a defense available that forces EL to win with RB's, I'd go with it. As I am singular unqualified to coach (as I have been told recently), I'll leave it to Franklin's coaching staff and fans to figure out!

And Franklin...I'll say it again. Nobody thinks y'all are Madison. They were a decent team, but undisciplined and overmatched in '12. That has nothing to do with Franklin. I'm afraid I started that with my Madison Memory Moment, so let me clear it up. And I am hoping Franklin rolls to Winston Salem... But I can't tell you that East is overrated. Best of luck.

You can always tell the newbies by the confidence. The question is will they be back to eat CROW!

homelogo.jpg

Highlight Reels at fhspanthers.com

This post was edited on 12/3 9:10 PM by RadioCheck

Panther Highlight Reel vs Wilkes Central

Originally posted by tdawg5:
If some of those Franklin teams before 2000 had the coaching staff they do now...look out. It impresses me what a competent, organized, and fiercely competitive staff continues to do at Franklin.
You're not kidding. You read a lot about what this staff has accomplished with just one D-1 player over the past decade...Well, just imagine what they could have done with the NFL-level talent that was there in the 90's. Crazy that the teams with Bryson were 5 and 6 win teams.

Stats show East Lincoln runs the ball 18 times a game. This is misleading because 114 are by the QB when he mainly takes off in a passing situation. I would guess maybe 4 times in the first three quarters and the rest after the game has been decided. It's not that they can't run it because Banks, Valentine, and Tomberlin would be a star at any other high school running. East Lincoln has a very good offensive line. Technically they block well, getting players out of position.

From the few films I have seen on Franklin they do a good job up front on offense. Apparently much better than most thought considering they pretty much handled Monroe's front seven. Most posters believed Monroe's defense would totally dominate the game. That part of the game was taken away by the Panthers. I expect to see Franklin in a zone passing defense with only a four or five man rush. Most of East Lincoln's passes are short of seven yards with big down field strikes less often but highly effective. If Franklin is going to win Friday night they have a much better chance if they can somehow keep East under 28 points. Easier said than done of course.

ALL PANTHER FANS..GET OUT THERE TOMORROW MORNING AND HELP SEND OUR FOOTBALL TEAM ON THERE WAY TO E LINCOLN. .THEY WILL BE HEADED DOWN BACKSTREET BOUT 10:15.. HELL IF YOU CANT GET THERE TOM YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY NXT WEEK FOR THE SEND OFF TO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME....BE LOUD BE PROUD GO PANTHERS
FHS 42 EL 35

"HELL IF YOU CANT GET THERE TOM YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY NXT WEEK FOR THE SEND OFF TO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME"
That's really nice of you and Tom to come and support East Lincoln in the Championship game, I had you pegged all wrong.
laugh.r191677.gif

I will say the same thing as last week. I remember when I was a Senior and had to take off my uniform for the last time. One of these teams Seniors will have to do that tomorrow night. So everyone put yourself in their shoes and be respectful for these teenagers. I hope its an exciting game. I will be there with my cowbells and sirens, so be ready and you probably don't want to sit by me. Safe travels GO PANTHERS!!

"HELL IF YOU CANT GET THERE TOM YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY NXT WEEK FOR THE SEND OFF TO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME"
That's really nice of you and Tom to come and support East Lincoln in the Championship game, I had you pegged all wrong.
laugh.r191677.gif

good one
laugh.r191677.gif

Good luck tomorrow night Panthers. Ya'll have had a great run this year. Represent the mountains with some smash mouth football and leave everything out on the field. Much respect from this Asheville Cougar fan.
wink.r191677.gif

I feel like he could be on several D1 rosters as a FB/LB.

Although I like the player, Im not sure he is either quick or fast enough to go D1 and see the field at those positions. Maybe possibly as a tight end, but he is definitely 1AA.

Just a heads up no cowbells or sirens allowed in lincoln county, have a safe trip and good luck

The teams may be differen & some of the wording is out of place but, the message remains the same! Still sends chills for me everytime I hear it.

GO PANTHERS!!!......."one man to another, get the job done"

#47 pregame speech!

Psssshhhaaaw... Really? I know North cracked down on airhorns after South Iredell brought about a hundred. That really a rule CM3? Or you just yanking Frank's chain?
Just a heads up no cowbells or sirens allowed in lincoln county, have a safe trip and good luck

Originally posted by FranklinFAN:
You had better call in the back ups for the cowbell, air horn, and siren enforcement, we are coming in full force we will fill the visitor side and the rest of the home side too. Better have the concession stands order extra food and drink #panthernation is heading out

It won't take long to fill the visitor's side. They replaced the old metal bleachers a couple of years ago with new, more cramped metal bleachers. And they have good concessions, but they don't open until almost gametime...Chick fil a sandwiches. Not sure why they don't open with the gates and sell to the thousand people there waiting...

This post was edited on 12/5 9:58 AM by AlwaysAWolf

Nice rain falling now in Denver, with luck it will not last long. Good luck to all tonight and hope no one gets injured. Have a safe drive down. I would think gates will be open by 5:45.

Seen on the news last night where WLOS was at Franklin yesterday but when they interviewed Dalton Cochran, he was in street clothes while everyone behind him was practicing. I know he played on an injured foot last week, was this just precaution against unnecessary contact during practice and he will be playing this week, or is he out?

I posted an article, yesterday, from the Asheville Citizen-Times, about D.Cochran. It mentioned he would not practice this week and did not practice, last week. That part is about halfway down in the story. I think you're right that the coach is just being cautious.

Asheville Citizen-Times:Franklin Quarterback

One of my favorite Panther Highlight Clips of all time. One of Jeremiah Young's older brothers (Parrish) on a TD run in the playoffs a few years back. You can see where the toughness comes down the line.

TD run by Parrish Young

This is a fun read. These Franklin people really think they have a chance. It will not be close.

Have to wait on the gate keepers, gates will be open around 6 or so.
Great highlights on Franklin, but tonight will take a whole game, and that goes for East Lincoln also. From what I have read and looking at newspaper articles it is though kids are not tough unless they come from the mountains? We will see tonight. This is going to be a very good game, what will Franklin do defensively that only a few have figured out up to this point, can EL's defense with stand the pounding Franklin believes they are going to put on them. I will say this, EL has played some very good running teams, Forestview, Bandys, North Lincoln, Lincolnton twice and RS Central are all of these great teams no but they did have a very good ground and pound attack, but has Franklin seen a spread offense like East Lincoln before with the speed it is run at? Then and only then when teams are even, who will make the adjustments and who has the x factor? All of this will be answered soon enough. 7:30 yet? And deep down Always a Wolf and others I know who you are rooting for but you don't have to go public with it
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT