ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin @ #1 E Lincoln 2AA West Reg Final

Originally posted by AlwaysAWolf:

Psssshhhaaaw... Really? I know North cracked down on airhorns after South Iredell brought about a hundred. That really a rule CM3? Or you just yanking Frank's chain?
Originally posted by CM3:
Just a heads up no cowbells or sirens allowed in lincoln county, have a safe trip and good luck
They can have my cowbell when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers. Foghorns suck, though.

^
laugh.r191677.gif
Good one.

No, we're not from the mountains of NC.... But we do like to visit, does that count?
We like to go up the mountain to pick out our Christmas Tree, and we enjoy an occasional trip to go snowboarding or what have you.

What we are: Lake Kids, y'all have no idea how tough it is to put on sun screen while playing on jet ski's all day.
It's tough on a kid to grow up on the lake. Geezeeeee No love or respect for the Mustangs....

Sounds like Franklin left so early this morning for a 3 hour trip... They may need to get a hotel room until game time.
Relax a little... Life on the lake is relaxing!

After watching Franklin's highlights, I am more confident that East Lincoln will win this one. I certainly respect what the panthers have done, and I appreciate you folks bringing the crowd to my alma mater. Bring your money for a ticket and snacks. Help the school pay for the trip to Winston and make sure to stop in at one of our local restaurants. You can't go wrong with Sports Page, Midtown, Everest Grill, Captain's Cap, Lowesville Cafe, or many others in our little town. I know your kids have worked hard, however, there can be only one.

This post was edited on 12/5 12:14 PM by BringtheThunda

Originally posted by Tool Time Tam:
No, we're not from the mountains of NC.... But we do like to visit, does that count?
We like to go up the mountain to pick out our Christmas Tree, and we enjoy an occasional trip to go snowboarding or what have you.

What we are: Lake Kids, y'all have no idea how tough it is to put on sun screen while playing on jet ski's all day.
It's tough on a kid to grow up on the lake. Geezeeeee No love or respect for the Mustangs....

Sounds like Franklin left so early this morning for a 3 hour trip... They may need to get a hotel room until game time.
Relax a little... Life on the lake is relaxing!
^
laugh.r191677.gif
Another good one.

Good Luck to The Panthers tonight ... Take it to um From the Maroon Devils
devil.r191677.gif

I sat in the airhorn section on East side last week,,,still can't hear...lol.....all joking aside,East needs more visitors seats and I am not joking about cars getting towed on the main road in front of the school,,,,I thought it was bad that they didn't even announce it about towing cars that were sticking to far out.....

Yes, we know our away stands are small, but doesn't it feel nice and cozy over there, because that is what we were shooting for is to make the visiting fans as comfortable as possible. Did it work? 4 1/2 hours away from kick off. Bring on the ? Damn what is their mascot? Let's go Mustangs.

Cm3, Wouldn't it be better to not use a four letter word in your comments. Seeing as you are a coach and a teacher, you should be setting a better example for your students. Just my two cents worth!

Have to wait on the gate keepers, gates will be open around 6 or so.
Great highlights on Franklin, but tonight will take a whole game, and that goes for East Lincoln also. From what I have read and looking at newspaper articles it is though kids are not tough unless they come from the mountains? We will see tonight. This is going to be a very good game, what will Franklin do defensively that only a few have figured out up to this point, can EL's defense with stand the pounding Franklin believes they are going to put on them. I will say this, EL has played some very good running teams, Forestview, Bandys, North Lincoln, Lincolnton twice and RS Central are all of these great teams no but they did have a very good ground and pound attack, but has Franklin seen a spread offense like East Lincoln before with the speed it is run at? Then and only then when teams are even, who will make the adjustments and who has the x factor? All of this will be answered soon enough. 7:30 yet? And deep down Always a Wolf and others I know who you are rooting for but you don't have to go public with it
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth.

Ummmm...I fancy myself a reasonable fellow. I pay my bills, go to church, and try to keep out of trouble. I am not sure how you could have come to the conclusion that I am secretly rooting for Lowesville High. I am black and gold, thru and thru. I may have to sit on your spacious home side tonite, but I won't be wearing orange or green. Not that I dislike the Mustangs, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the Franklin --- hold on.........................PANTHERS! Yep, the Panthers are my team, CM3.

Oh, my. Don't worry, by the time the concession stand opens, I may have my appetite back. Third quarter, right?

And for goodness sake, CM3. Can't you use some of your clout to get the gatekeepers there a little early? The Red Sea is coming, and they have to sit in that cracker-box grandstand...looks like you'd want to let 'em in, and feed them chicken sandwiches.

I am pulling for one guy on your team. He is big and athletic-looking. I don't know his name, but it appears he probably went to alot of those football camps I hear about. He is first on the field for warm-ups, and has good form. I only saw him once in the two games we played, but I hope he has a busy night! I love that guy!

Go Panthers!
party0018.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/5 3:58 PM by AlwaysAWolf

Originally posted by 23Wolf:
Cm3, Wouldn't it be better to not use a four letter word in your comments. Seeing as you are a coach and a teacher, you should be setting a better example for your students. Just my two cents worth!
I think he's just feeling the pressure, 23...
grin.r191677.gif

Glad to see EL got some rain. Saves money on that sprinkler system and schools need all the money they can get these days.

Chazz Surratt will not be stopped. He's the best QB to come out of Gaston County in quite some time.

Originally posted by ocdavis31:
Glad to see EL got some rain. Saves money on that sprinkler system and schools need all the money they can get these days.
laugh.r191677.gif
Good one, OC.... This has a bit of an esoteric meaning but I know what he's talking about....Some decent humor on this thread leading up to game time.
This post was edited on 12/5 5:29 PM by Lincolnton

I suspect I'll hear from one or two more of the posters later tonight, Lincolnton. They are probably a little preoccupied right now. Hope you're well, and that this game turns out how you'd like.

Originally posted by Lincolnton:

Originally posted by ocdavis31:
laugh.r191677.gif
Good one, OC.... This has a bit of an esoteric meaning but I know what he's talking about....Some decent humor on this thread leading up to game time.

This post was edited on 12/5 5:29 PM by Lincolnton
Ha! Read you loud and clear, OC!
wink.r191677.gif

Ha ha ha, thought I would join in the fun, but have no idea what you are talking about, wait a second you mean the wet field Thomasville played on but by a small miracle dried when EL had the ball, the infamous wet field classic that both teams didn't have to play on, got ya

You're close CM3. Actually I was referring to the one where our 3,000 yard rusher uncharacteristically fumbled the muddy ball six times and your excellent receivers made cuts that our normally sure DB's couldn't react to because receivers have a big advantage on a wet field.

All in fun CM3. Hope you and Dplubo have your guys well prepared and that next week's game is a classic. It's your turn in the cycle. Hope that, in the next couple of years, we are able to host you guys on our spacious, well-crowned (in both ways) field and some of our famous Cushwa 'dogs.

Originally posted by W.I.R.:
East is a average team w couple great players. Newsflash this isnt golf or tennis (individual sports) its a team game. And friday night the best " TEAM" will be franklin.
guess Franklin really didnt have enough athletes to keep up with EL.

Glad you could create an account to make your self a fool for a week.

Just a heads up no cowbells or sirens allowed in lincoln county, have a safe trip and good luck
For the record I broke my industrial strength cowbell (sourced from Tractor Supply on the way to the Franklin-Anson game several years ago) with some over-exuberant ringing after the second Franklin touchdown. Nice try though.

WIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! I hope in all the confusion, "How could we possibly lose to any other team ever?", they remembered to turn the lights back on when they all got back to town. It's okay. Only two teams get to go to the ship. You had a good run, but next time maybe don't come down the mountain with so much pep in your step.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT