ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Franklin @ #1 E Lincoln 2AA West Reg Final

going to be a real challenge for Franklin, on the road and with multiple starters hurt but good luck Panthers, hope to see you pull another one out next Friday

Franklin just beat Monroe with a QB on a broken foot and missing Trey Maslin for good. Maslin was leading receiver on team, punter, and starting CB (tied for all time interceptions record at FHS)

That should tell you how good Murphy was in August......

If you have never seen East Lincoln you are in for a real thrill. Six wide receivers who can catch and fly after the catch. I mean motor like hell. Chazz Surratt is a magician at QB. Daddy played pro ball. Blitz and you are done, smoked. Tonight- first series, one play 65yds, TD. Next series, two plays,70 yards, TD. Third series, one play, to the house, TD. They score fast. Four plays or less most of the time.

Run the ball about 4 plays a game until they are in under 6 minutes just to kill the clock and go home. It is like being at an military airport. Air attack and bombs away.

I have seen this team three times this year. Strangest thing happened tonight- they punted once. Yes, in three games.

Defense is swarming, physical, all over the place. DBs are receivers and burners. Second team guys are no step down on both sides of the ball. It will be a challenge if you don't cover well and man up on the receivers. Must I say more.

We have heard about it. Watched a little bit of it. They are impressive. And we will get a first class seat next Friday night. Either way, super proud of Coach Brooks, his staff, and these kids. Dalton Cochran blew my mind tonight. #tough

Looking forward to seeing Franklin come to town. Your team proved themselves last night. There was no way they could match up with Monroe's athletes am I right? 14-0 vs 14-0. It doesn't get much better than this.

East Lincoln's is coached by Mike Byus. Byus was the coach at Robbinsville in the early 2000's and beat Franklin at the pit in 2004? i think. So this will not be the first time Coach Byus has seen the panthers.

Franklin is a great team. No small task coming out of the Monroe game as the victor. Just goes to show you how good they are. Franklin deserves to be here. This will be another week of contrasting styles involving East Lincoln. East will be a finesse, Franklin a brute. Preparing for East is difficult because game film doesn't show the little things they do which opens up the pass. The receivers are taught to adjust to the play when under pressure from the rush.

Franklin doesn't run the ball like Lincolnton. They look for the holes and can bounce it a little on the edge with a guy who will run directly over the tackler. It will take more than one person to get the fullback down. East Lincoln will have to respect the entire line of scrimmage.

Originally posted by smclineman08:
East Lincoln's is coached by Mike Byus. Byus was the coach at Robbinsville in the early 2000's and beat Franklin at the pit in 2004? i think. So this will not be the first time Coach Byus has seen the panthers.
Correction - Kyle Garland beat Franklin. I was there. Kid was incredible. No disrespect to Byus. I bet he would tell you the same. I know Fred Goldsmith would.

This is going to be a fun game. Franklin's defense looks very good based on the outcomes of their games. I doubt they have seen an offense as dynamic and talented as East and I don't think we've seen a defense as good as Franklin. We'll just have to wait and see.

Franklin just does not have the athletes to keep up with E Lincoln.
glasses.r191677.gif

This should be a great one. Contrasting styles undoubtedly but both are really good football teams. Can't wait to watch it

Franklin just does not have the athletes to keep up with E Lincoln.
glasses.r191677.gif

They didn't have the athletes to keep up with Monroe either. Nor any other team they face in the later rounds of the playoffs. The same is ALWAYS said in 1a about the SMC teams every year.

Wow here we go again with Franklin not having the athletes..lol..I may be wrong but we werent supposed to have the athletes to play w west stokes or Monroe. Looking back seems east Lincoln didnt have the athletes to play w monroe last year.

East is a average team w couple great players. Newsflash this isnt golf or tennis (individual sports) its a team game. And friday night the best " TEAM" will be franklin.

Where are all the people who had Monroe playing Alabama in the SEC championship game Sat? My bad they probably not a lot interest in early season basketball rt now

Look whose parents finally got the internet. Don't come on here with this team sport bs, EL plays very well together, the QB is very gifted and does a great job spreading the ball out and taking what is given to him, you don't beat the teams EL has beaten playing selfish ball. The defense gang tackles and plays very hard, smaller than most of their opponents but they are mean. And I will say franklin looks great and will be a hard opponent and may win but don't come on here with crap you have no idea what you are talking about. Good luck this week

Looks like football was created in lincoln county. W your knowledge are you on the college playoff selection committee

No doubt the qb from East is special. First team to punt twice probably loses

Not sure who W.I.R is but look at the all time post count in this thread & that will tell you something. I can assure the EL faithful that the Franklin faithful know good & well what we will be up against come Fri. night! The Mustangs strenghts are some of our biggest weaknesses. With our best CB out for the remainder & our QB playing on a broken ankle we are unhealthy at the wrong time of the year. I am still stunned by the time of possession in the EL vs L game. On paper things don't look that good but, things in a high school FB game don't always go the way of paper. The kids will show up & leave it all on the field Fri night. People can say what they want about our schedule, style, lack of athletes, ect ect. The fact is you don't get to 14-0 if you aren't a very good football team. Two things you can be sure no matter if we win or lose......1 EL will know they played a tough as nails team & we will be proud of our boys & coaches for a great season! Carry on with the trolling W.I.R

You can be rest assured franklin will have a great scheme and there kids will believe they can win. Sure EL will get there points. But 17-14 or 45-42 makes no difference.

Franklin at East Lincoln will surely be a classic. I hope the play by play guy will be on his A game Friday night. Last week was brutal. BiltmoreCane are you traveling to Denver?

Originally posted by Franklin Fan:
Franklin at East Lincoln will surely be a classic. I hope the play by play guy will be on his A game Friday night. Last week was brutal. BiltmoreCane are you traveling to Denver?
Wish I was FF but, I moved to the Panhandle of FL in August. You can bet I will be glued to my computer updating a thread while I listen to 96.7 via the tune in app come Friday night. I hope those that are capable will travel & support the team.

I assumed you knew very little then you posted your last comment and confirmed my assumption

I'm sure there will be a bunch of Franklin fans there! Biggest game we've had in a long time. I look forward to the trip. Do any East Lincoln fans have any recommendations on food?

This should be a great game two undefeated teams, Friday night, packed stadium. It just don't get any better then this ( beating L-town last week was real special). On film these look like two teams that will do battle to the end, whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win this one. I am pulling for the Mustangs and for sure this will be the hardest test we have had this year. As for food in the area the intersection of 73 and 16 there are 3 or 4 places to eat ( showmars, plus sports page and midtown. Local sports bars with good food) plus all the fast food joints. If you get to the game and no parking DO NOT PARK ALONG HWY 73 they towed cars there last week.

This post was edited on 12/1 10:17 AM by subsailorinva

chest thump, u beat a 6 seed at home . Easiest road for fhs possible. now u keep it within 14-21 points i might give some respect after friday nights loss

Yak yak yak yak....we love the idea of no one expects us to win. All our coaches and kids keep doing is what people say cant be done. Beating bigger faster more talented football teams. All I can say is if east punts they lose. They will never slow down the ground and pound headed that way. And there will be no home field advantage as a convoy of red will invade denver nc on friday afternoon. You herd it here first FHS 42 E.L. 35

Originally posted by W.I.R.:
Yak yak yak yak....we love the idea of no one expects us to win. All our coaches and kids keep doing is what people say cant be done. Beating bigger faster more talented football teams. All I can say is if east punts they lose. They will never slow down the ground and pound headed that way. And there will be no home field advantage as a convoy of red will invade denver nc on friday afternoon. You herd it here first FHS 42 E.L. 35
Big If.....cant believe what I am reading....win a few games because of the high seed and here are the world beaters.... seriously, if you lose by 14-21 points ill give ya a little respect. and you will be the first person i'll admit i was wrong too. If you cant keep it that close then I want you to admit how over rated you were....

Originally posted by W.I.R.:
you mean those vehicles invaded by weeds and shrubs actually run? I was wondering how yall would make it down ....

And in the end, that's what we are all looking for... Approval from CodMcLovins.

Originally posted by DocMcStuffins:

Big If.....cant believe what I am reading....win a few games because of the high seed and here are the world beaters.... seriously, if you lose by 14-21 points ill give ya a little respect. and you will be the first person i'll admit i was wrong too. If you cant keep it that close then I want you to admit how over rated you were....
Listen DongMcLoveIts,

Put down the Cheerwine bottle and livermush sandwich. Get granny to drive you down to the local library and see how seeds are determined. I know.....tall order for someone of your genetic material. But understand that "ratings" and playoff seeds are not connected.

Franklin is #2 because they beat everyone in front of them. Sorta like daddy when he came home from a long day at the hog farm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT