ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 5

Out of the 22 pts we have up to East burke. 1 TD was a blown shift which gave a big hole for Dellinger. The next one a punt went off of our player and east burke recovered for a short field. And the last TD was off a 20 yrd field after a maiden fumble. So honestly maiden kept east burke offense bottled up most the night.
great passing game Maiden Eb fullback Coble only played D because he had a shoulder issue from the week before. but no excuses good game Maiden. We knew we cannot afford to lose key people, but it has happened!!on to a tough Bandy team!!

great passing game Maiden Eb fullback Coble only played D because he had a shoulder issue from the week before. but no excuses good game Maiden. We knew we cannot afford to lose key people, but it has happened!!on to a tough Bandy team!!
We keep losing guys like this, Rees the freshman star and speedster might be gearing up for varisity action before we know it. Might not but who knows. Even Shatley done alot of time or all of it as a freshman on the JVs

We will get Fraley back in Oct. He’s a differ maker in the D backfield and passing game and one you won’t catch in open space carrying the ball if he’s got a step or 2 ahead of the tackler.

Just stinks cause when EB has a mass senior exodus like they will this year they don’t bounce back like some schools that just reload no matter what. Judging from the other scores and stats of other CVAC games and our injuries we MAY be fortunate just to grab a win outside of West Caldwell. Sounds crazy and negative Nancy I know trust me I know and I’m as discouraged as the next fan. Every team has the hot hand now except us, West, and maybe Newton. No major accomplishment on their West Caldwell victory as it now seems west ain’t even trying anymore SMH

Reactions: Lincolnton
We keep losing guys like this, Rees the freshman star and speedster might be gearing up for varisity action before we know it. Might not but who knows. Even Shatley done alot of time or all of it as a freshman on the JVs

We will get Fraley back in Oct. He’s a differ maker in the D backfield and passing game and one you won’t catch in open space carrying the ball if he’s got a step or 2 ahead of the tackler.

Just stinks cause when EB has a mass senior exodus like they will this year they don’t bounce back like some schools that just reload no matter what. Judging from the other scores and stats of other CVAC games and our injuries we MAY be fortunate just to grab a win outside of West Caldwell. Sounds crazy and negative Nancy I know trust me I know and I’m as discouraged as the next fan. Every team has the hot hand now except us, West, and maybe Newton. No major accomplishment on their West Caldwell victory as it now seems west ain’t even trying anymore SMH
Till that freshman to come on down to maiden and we'll get him right.

Till that freshman to come on down to maiden and we'll get him

If his loyalties are not straight it wouldn’t surprise me. Can’t see him going to Draughn cause they losing everything this year.

I’m other outside CVAC games what’s the deal with North Lincoln? Seems no matter how down Statesville might be they can’t pull the trigger. Not sure how many years they play they’ve only lost to them by 7 or less

Reactions: Maiden Creek

so true!!no easy conference games for sure!!

Things seem to be shaping up pretty much as expected. Bunker Hill at the top. West Caldwell at the bottom. Newton-Conover and East Burke improved. The teams that "should" finish 2 thru 5 - West Lincoln, Lincolnton, Bandys, Maiden - appear to be about dead even and could finish in any order. Maiden vs. WL this week a huge game for both teams. IMO, Maiden's offense is better than I expected them to be considering all of the personnel losses. They do need to limit the turnovers. But the defense isn't nearly as good as I expected them to be. Obviously, the Blue Devils will have to do a decent job of stopping the run in order to come out on top at WL. I hope that the injured players that we have on defense aren't lost for the entire season. Anyone know the details on the injury situation?

It's fine but gotta be honest I've lost faith lol. Don't think I can roll with Lincolnton anymore this year, except when they play west Caldwell 🤣. I wonder if that's the game @Maiden Creek has West Caldwell winning 🤣🤣 Posted by amaidendevil one year ago yesterday 09/16/2022

@Maiden Creek can we go ahead and start the I got them winning one game this year. Except it won't be West Caldwell it might be Lincolnton 😂😂 @Lincolnton
Posted by amaidendevil today 09/16/2023

AMD, these two quotes, above, were posted by you after the last two Bunker Hill games. I hate losing as much as anyone, for me it never gets easier. I have to say though, it sure is a balm to the soul to have you gouge me in the ass with that little blue trident of your's after these stinging losses, but you and none of these other guys can say that I went and hid after my team lost. I walk out into the light and let everybody have their say. The fellers on here have been good to me, but if they weren't, I could take it. Could you ?

Two weeks ago when Maiden lost to a ranked 4A Watauga you clammed up and wouldn't hardly post anything. You got so down that I had to roust you back up. So go on and crow but don't forget what I told you about this guy who once said that all glory is fleeting.

GO WOLVES

Last edited:
It's fine but gotta be honest I've lost faith lol. Don't think I can roll with Lincolnton anymore this year, except when they play west Caldwell 🤣. I wonder if that's the game @Maiden Creek has West Caldwell winning 🤣🤣 Posted by amaidendevil one year ago yesterday 09/16/2022

@Maiden Creek can we go ahead and start the I got them winning one game this year. Except it won't be West Caldwell it might be Lincolnton 😂😂 @Lincolnton

AMD, these two quotes, above, were posted by you after the last two Bunker Hill games. I hate losing as much as anyone, for me it never gets easier. I have to say though, it sure is a balm to the soul to have you gouge me in the ass with that little blue trident of your's after these stinging losses, but you and none of these other guys can say that I went and hid after my team lost. I walk out into the light and let everybody have their say. The fellers on here have been good to me, but if they weren't, I could take it. Could you ?

Two weeks ago when Maiden lost to a ranked 4A Watauga you clammed up and wouldn't hardly post anything. You got so down that I had to roust you back up. So go on and crow but don't forget what I told you about this guy who once said that all glory is fleeting.

GO WOLVES
From about halftime of that game when it was a little out of hand till the next week started I posted 12 times I wouldn't say I sucked away or clammed up. Granted I do know how to move on from a loss and focus on the next challenge ahead of us. Now if I didn't post that much the following week may have a lot to do with us playing St Stephen's and can't really say much about that team. 😂😂 But hey I still like you enough I wouldn't put you in a nursing home

Last edited:
From about halftime of that game when it was a little out of hand till the next week started I posted 12 times I wouldn't say I sucked away or clammed up. Granted I don't know how to move on from a loss and focus on the next challenge ahead of us. Now if I didn't post that much the following week may have a lot to do with us playing St Stephen's and can't really say much about that team. 😂😂 But hey I still like you enough I wouldn't put you in a nursing home
Well, I do appreciate that much. I thought about the nursing home when I ran by there, yesterday, and I'm glad I'm not there. I can hear some regimented woman looking me in the face and saying "He must properly fold his socks-He must properly put away shoes, clothing and other personal belongings-He must keep his barn door closed, and he must never use hard profanity"... Yeah, right.

Well, I do appreciate that much. I thought about the nursing home when I ran by there, yesterday, and I'm glad I'm not there. I can hear some regimented woman looking me in the face and saying "He must properly fold his socks-He must properly put away shoes, clothing and other personal belongings-He must keep his barn door closed, and he must never use hard profanity"... Yeah, right.
I do throw out a few compliments to y'all here and there just can't let y'all get the big head 😂

I am back but hate to see EB not at full Strength the rest of the year. we had high hopes, but we want give up yet. we are snake bit with key players on freak injuries oh well no pity party I guess they are trying to keep a balance on jv team we might have to move up a few earlier than we thought!!

GO WOLVES
Go Wolves!

We were 1-4 after five games.
And... State Champions when it ended

Not sure if every team can benefit from tough scheduling, but the special ones seem too. Then again, some seem to gather confidence by playing an easier slate.

Sometimes, I'd like to waltz to a flashy record. Sometimes I think I like doing it our normal way.

This years team? I don't think they're gonna quit. I don't think they'll win State either. We will see!

Go Wolves!

And... State Champions when it ended

Not sure if every team can benefit from tough scheduling, but the special ones seem too. Then again, some seem to gather confidence by playing an easier slate.

Sometimes, I'd like to waltz to a flashy record. Sometimes I think I like doing it our normal way.

This years team? I don't think they're gonna quit. I don't think they'll win State either. We will see!

Go Wolves!
That year we played a team that was undefeated for the title and our four losses were brought up in conversation between by one or more of their posters, and I know they felt confident and rightfully so. They had actually played some tough teams, too, but maybe not like we had.
After the game it got brought up again, but this time in a more positive way. Honestly, I kinda felt proud we had played tough teams early in the season, even though we lost these teams I think it toughened us and helped us to win the state that year. The teams that beat us were South Point, Shelby, Maiden and North Gaston.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That year we played a team that was undefeated for the title and our four losses were brought up in conversation between by one or more of their posters, and I know they felt confident and rightfully so. They had actually played some tough teams, too, but maybe not like we had.
After the game it got brought up again, but this time in a more positive way. Honestly, I kinda felt proud we had played tough teams early in the season, even though we lost these teams I think it toughened us and helped us to win the state that year. The teams that beat us were South Point, Shelby, Maiden and North Gaston.
And 3 of them played for the State title, that year on the same day, as I recall.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT