ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 5

Everyone avoid burke county tonight there was a train derailment here. A lotta confused east burke fans wondering around 😂😂

It ain’t over. We just got to upset a team or 2 that may beat Maiden and we’re still in the race. Any updates on KJ? And is Buff out for season?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
No next year next year mess. It’s this year or bust. A few glimmers of hope stepping up next year but it won’t be like this team. Not as a whole and middle school is not showing any big promises in the EB assembly line

Last edited:
And face the music Cav fans. Crest was a team we never beat and Maiden will be one of them. 07’ win was expected. We had Shatley, it was still down to the wire and if it wasn’t for him we’d lost. Maiden players could come out there stone drunk and high as kites spot us 2 TDs and still beat EB. Just a curse man lol

I will say East Burke will probably be the biggest team we face size-wise this year in conference
West Lincoln had some good size boys. Gonna be hard for them to win against a more well rounded team without a passing game. We left at halftime so not sure how they looked after that.

EB has a good football team with a lot of size and a nice combination of speed and power runners. Injuries hurt though, hate to see kids get injured…
WL surprised some folk’s including me, 4 and 0 against some good teams…
Lincolnton lost to a good team, they often seem to find themselves behind early…
My BLUE DEVILS need to clean up some things but a good performance overall. Stover and Raheem are studs. Good win BLUE

Yes the bear is more powerful than the wolf. But wolves are smarter and more cunning. That's why wolves Hunt in packs the use numbers and intelligence to overcome the bear. So y'all go out there tomorrow night as a pack and y'all hunt together and there is no way the bear survived. And the last sound the bear hears will be the victory howl of the wolves before they dine on their defeated flesh. @Lincolnton
The pack wasn’t strong enough for the Bear.

Bunker Hill 45 Lincolnton 37 If you like an offensive game with plenty of fireworks this was the place to be. We never had the lead and the nearest we got to them was a five point difference in the third quarter. I’m proud of our guy’s efforts and for not giving up, and for playing a good team very tough.

Both sides made mistakes and both sides incurred penalties but to me it was a really good effort. I do hope their quarterback and ours gets a scholarship. They’re (Our’s and their QB) are smart, calm and fearless.

The Wolves have a good team; our offense and our defense play hard and want so badly to win. They deserve the respect of our fans which I believe they have.

Bunker Hill is well coached with a good passing, rushing, and kicking game. They have a strong offensive line and even though they gave up 37 points to us, 18 of which came on two kickoff returns and a punt return (special teams), their defense did what they had to do to win. Congrats to the Bears and Bunker Hill Bears 12.

Thanks to our players and coaching staff for a good effort. Newton-Conover is next Friday.

Side Note: Lincolnton only made one extra point, two of which were blocked and I’m thinking we missed 3 two-point conversions which I’m not sure if that’s right, but if so, it would total up to 8 points (our margin of defeat). We have a good kicker but he didn’t have much time. Credit to BH for having a lot to do with that.

Side note: After the game I got a chance to speak with Coach Cloninger. Thanks for all you did, Coach. You’ll always have a place in my heart.

Side note: A huge congratulations to Cheerduck, whose Hickory Red Tornadoes defeated the East Lincoln Mustangs, tonight, by a score of 49-28. How nice it would be to see the Red Tornadoes bring home a title. You’ve waited patiently, dear friend.

Side Note: East Lincoln had won 19 consecutive games which included a 3A state title, before being defeated at Frank Barger Stadium, in Hickory, this evening. Hats off to Coach Lubowicz and staff.

Side Note: With Friday night's CVAC scores, I'm thinking no team can afford to take the others lightly.

Bunker Hill 45 Lincolnton 37 If you like an offensive game with plenty of fireworks this was the place to be. We never had the lead and the nearest we got to them was a five point difference in the third quarter. I’m proud of our guy’s efforts and for not giving up, and for playing a good team very tough.

Both sides made mistakes and both sides incurred penalties but to me it was a really good effort. I do hope their quarterback and ours gets a scholarship. They’re (Our’s and their QB) are smart, calm and fearless.

The Wolves have a good team; our offense and our defense play hard and want so badly to win. They deserve the respect of our fans which I believe they have.

Bunker Hill is well coached with a good passing, rushing, and kicking game. They have a strong offensive line and even though they gave up 37 points to us, 18 of which came on two kickoff returns and a punt return (special teams), their defense did what they had to do to win. Congrats to the Bears and Bunker Hill Bears 12.

Thanks to our players and coaching staff for a good effort. Newton-Conover is next Friday.

Side Note: Lincolnton only made one extra point, two of which were blocked and I’m thinking we missed 3 two-point conversions which I’m not sure if that’s right, but if so, it would total up to 8 points (our margin of defeat). We have a good kicker but he didn’t much time. Credit to BH for having a lot to do with that.

Side note: After the game I got a chance to speak with Coach Cloninger. Thanks for all you did, Coach. You’ll always have a place in my heart.

Side note: A huge congratulations to Cheerduck, whose Hickory Red Tornadoes defeated the East Lincoln Mustangs, tonight, by a score of 49-28. How nice it would be to see the Red Tornadoes bring home a title. You’ve waited patiently, dear friend.

Side Note: East Lincoln had won 19 consecutive games which included a 3A state title, before being defeated at Frank Barger Stadium, in Hickory, this evening. Hats off to Coach Lubowicz and staff.

Side Note: With Friday night's CVAC scores, I'm thinking no team can afford to take the others lightly.
whoever that returner is hits that edge and is gone

Stadium might be big and might have scenery. But it's ran like a shit show. Traffic backed up for over a mile. Once you do get into parts you got to walk another half mile to the stadium. The line to get ends backed all the way through the parking lot. Come on guys y'all can do better 🤬. I may retract this after I calm down 😂
It's always been that way.

Side Note: Lincolnton only made one extra point, two of which were blocked and I’m thinking we missed 3 two-point conversions which I’m not sure if that’s right, but if so, it would total up to 8 points (our margin of defeat). We have a good kicker but he didn’t have much time. Credit to BH for having a lot to do with that.

The Red Tornadoes did not disappoint me tonight.

Hickory knocking out the state champs is a huge victory. They’ve come a long way. They prob ain’t the 1996 caliber but closer than many of the teams past 96’ Might have to catch a playoff game.

I wasn’t at the EB game got caught up with family life and was gone 10 days in a row so rushing off to a game wasn’t right but I stayed tune on here from time to time. Sounds like EB played bout as good of a game as they could, just had some costly mistakes and critical injuries from top players.

Track is KJs bread and butter sport, hate that for this young man and how this injury might affect his training and performance. It may not set him back any if he heals quick, we’ll see.

Coming into the season we Burke folks had and still have great faith in our boys and prob hyped em up real big just to see them lose its dishearting. They may not be the 07’ (the best) 08’ or 15’ Cav team but this year was closest to that til the injury bug hit. Respect to Maiden for keeping it going after big graduation exodus

Out of the 22 pts we have up to East burke. 1 TD was a blown shift which gave a big hole for Dellinger. The next one a punt went off of our player and east burke recovered for a short field. And the last TD was off a 20 yrd field after a maiden fumble. So honestly maiden kept east burke offense bottled up most the night.

Reactions: DEVILS-24Blue
EB has a good football team with a lot of size and a nice combination of speed and power runners. Injuries hurt though, hate to see kids get injured…
WL surprised some folk’s including me, 4 and 0 against some good teams…
Lincolnton lost to a good team, they often seem to find themselves behind early…
My BLUE DEVILS need to clean up some things but a good performance overall. Stover and Raheem are studs. Good win BLUE
Maiden has a great passing game EB has to learn to stop the pass. Hate to see a few kids go out for the season that are seniors! But injuries are part of the game!! KJ is one we could not afford to lose. oh well on to the next game!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT