ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Spring/Summer

I wish you were correct my friend. But when you throw parents and hangers on into the mix, you might not have enough purists left to field a team . The mantra these days is “it’s all about me”.
Thanks OC, I know you know about these situations. Hard to imagine a school not being able to field a team, though.
AMD had mentioned NIL payments, I've tried to find it but could only find where it's been disallowed. Are you familiar with this ?

If this transfer crap keeps happen more and more, you will see more coaches retire and I would not blame them. can't you grow your team from the bottom up!! Almost like was is ruining college sports!!

We expect a fuul report at the next meeting of the Meeting of the Mouths.
Cheerduck, my friend, I'm truly worried.Never have seen AMD as down as he was the other day about private schools giving NIL money to athletes...You know, typically, I can get him up after a setback, but not this time. Lord knows I tried.
Normally when he is down and is refusing to come back on here, somebody can say something really mean, really nasty, about someone he doesn't like which is, I'd guess, oh maybe 99% of all posters, he'll come back on and add to it, and that gets him started back.

I believe this guy knows football, as most Maiden people do, and I think he could actually be a successful coach if given the opportunity, I really do, so I suggested he stop by Southlake Christian. Just felt like they could use the help. Well, that didn't didn't help either...and then, he started laying down this deep,dark morose stuff like "Unfortunately we are witnessing the infant stages of the collapse of high school sports", and "...Money infects everyting it touches 'till nothing is left"...He sounded like Hamlet, you know, "To be or not to be".

Maybe something will happen to greatly cheer him up, for instance *All the players on some team that he hates (which is all of them except Maiden) gets mad and walks away, or a *winning coach leaves unexpectedly (Better not say any names but I can tell you it rhymes with Mt.Hairy, if you get my drift).

Anyway, let us not look at it as if it's the end of the world or the nuclear apocalypse, and yes, I would be troubled if we lost a standout player to a private school, but what can be done about it, maybe some reasonable measures could be taken by the NCHSAA, we'll see, but until then, looks like we have roll with the punches, don't you think?

Cheerduck, my friend, I'm truly worried.Never have seen AMD as down as he was the other day about private schools giving NIL money to athletes...You know, typically, I can get him up after a setback, but not this time. Lord knows I tried.
Normally when he is down and is refusing to come back on here, somebody can say something really mean, really nasty, about someone he doesn't like which is, I'd guess, oh maybe 99% of all posters, he'll come back on and add to it, and that gets him started back.

I believe this guy knows football, as most Maiden people do, and I think he could actually be a successful coach if given the opportunity, I really do, so I suggested he stop by Southlake Christian. Just felt like they could use the help. Well, that didn't didn't help either...and then, he started laying down this deep,dark morose stuff like "Unfortunately we are witnessing the infant stages of the collapse of high school sports", and "...Money infects everyting it touches 'till nothing is left"...He sounded like Hamlet, you know, "To be or not to be".

Maybe something will happen to greatly cheer him up, for instance *All the players on some team that he hates (which is all of them except Maiden) gets mad and walks away, or a *winning coach leaves unexpectedly (Better not say any names but I can tell you it rhymes with Mt.Hairy, if you get my drift).

Anyway, let us not look at it as if it's the end of the world or the nuclear apocalypse, and yes, I would be troubled if we lost a standout player to a private school, but what can be done about it, maybe some reasonable measures could be taken by the NCHSAA, we'll see, but until then, looks like we have roll with the punches, don't you think?

Just sitting here looking at the big picture of this puzzle waiting for all the 🧩 you fall in place. 🤣🤣

This is the energy I'm looking to bring this year 👿 👿. WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Lincolnton
AMD, we'll probably get lawed, again, over this one. I think the last time it was over comments you made to a Reidsville poster. They got me for being an accessory, or as my Dad used to say, an aseshry (pronounced uh-sesh ree).🤠

AMD, we'll probably get lawed, again, over this one. I think the last time it was over comments you made to a Reidsville poster. They got me for being an accessory, or as my Dad used to say, an aseshry (pronounced uh-sesh ree).🤠
I gave fair warning ⚠️ 🤣🤣. Gonna watch the cvac football world burn in the devils fire and pain.

I gave fair warning ⚠️ 🤣🤣. Gonna watch the cvac football world burn in the devils fire and pain.
See there, again, it looks like I lifted your spirits.
I knew if I could cheer you up after the West Lincoln game, no problem was too big.
Gotta say though, the cordial WL crowd might have had something to do with it by giving you an invite to the post-game tailgate meal.
Was a little surprised you accepted but who in their right mind could pass on a mess of barbecued goat and catfish. Frankly, I think they admired you for your honesty when you told them, “I don’t like none of you damn people but you sure know how to eat.” Huh AMD. :)

See there, again, it looks like I lifted your spirits.
I knew if I could cheer you up after the West Lincoln game, no problem was too big.
Gotta say though, the cordial WL crowd might have had something to do with it by giving you an invite to the post-game tailgate meal.
Was a little surprised you accepted but who in their right mind could pass on a mess of barbecued goat and catfish. Frankly, I think they admired you for your honesty when you told them, “I don’t like none of you damn people but you sure know how to eat.” Huh AMD. :)
Have you never watched game of thrones never eat with the enemy.
tyrion lannister threat GIF

No, my friend, I haven't watched "Game of Thrones never eat with the enemy". Don't watch TV much except for some sports and local news from the Hickory channel. As far as the national news it reminds me the telescreen in 1984.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lol then read the books or listen to the audio books 😁
No, my friend, I haven't watched "Game of Thrones never eat with the enemy". Don't watch TV much except for some sports and local news from the Hickory channel. As far as the national news it reminds me the telescreen in 1984.

OK, Game of Thrones, I’ll look into it. This angry looking feller you posted a picture of here, Don’t know who he is but I’ve seen a few hundred people that remind me of him.
Lol you might like it 🤣 it involves wolves 🤣🤣. Also ⚠️ WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE 🤣

• Haha
I'm currently listening to Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield, my favorite novel. I do not enjoy reading, but this book broke the mold in my small brain. This is the type of book that latches on to you internally...a story about the unheralded hero behind the scenes in a time/place were courage and fear begat life and death.

...now this would interest Mr. Lincolnton much more than GoT, sorry AMD.

It's a historical fiction on the battle of Thermopylae, from the viewpoint of the Greek survivor (Xeones), squire to the Spartan Officer Dienekes. He survives the battle, is captured, and brought back from the brink of death by the Persians in order to tell his story to Xerxes, who desperately is looking for any bit of information as to how to defeat the Spartans after only 300 of them decimated so many of his troops.

GDevil, that would be right up my alley. I look for suggestions on good reads.

For me, historical fiction tweaks the imagination. Sometimes after reading a brief internet article on a historical event it gets me to wondering what people were like, what was going on in their lives and how they might have felt about things.

I’ve heard of Xerxes as in Xerxes l. Some believe he was King Ahaseurus in the book of Esther, but some do not. Ahasuerus in the Hebrew is Xerxes in Greek, or so I’ve read.

Used to be I always had to go somewhere or the day was a loss. Now it feels good to just to stay home and read something.
Thanks for the information and suggestion.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
GDevil, that would be right up my alley. I look for suggestions on good reads.

For me, historical fiction tweaks the imagination. Sometimes after reading a brief internet article on a historical event it gets me to wondering what people were like, what was going on in their lives and how they might have felt about things.

I’ve heard of Xerxes as in Xerxes l. Some believe he was King Ahaseurus in the book of Esther, but some do not. Ahasuerus in the Hebrew is Xerxes in Greek, or so I’ve read.

Used to be I always had to go somewhere or the day was a loss. Now it feels good to just to stay home and read something.
Thanks for the information and suggestion.
I've read 4 of his novels more than once:

Gates of Fire
The Afghan Campaign (Alexander the Great)
The Virtues of War (Alexander the Great)
Tides of War (Peloponnesian War)

All worth a read my friend.

• Love
I've read 4 of his novels more than once:

Gates of Fire
The Afghan Campaign (Alexander the Great)
The Virtues of War (Alexander the Great)
Tides of War (Peloponnesian War)

All worth a read my friend.
GDevil, thank you so much for the suggestions. These sound like great reads.
The first time I recall even hearing of the Peloponnesian War was at the old Century Theater in Lincolnton. It was during my high school days and the movie Patton was showing. It was in a scene where British and American officers were having a dinner and discussing the invasion of Sicily, that Patton mentioned the Peloponnesian War and Alcibiades.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I was at the seven on seven but didn't see the lineman challenge. Overall maidens offense look good but not great work to still be done. We scored several times probably 6 or 7 total. I don't recall hog run scoring any on varsity. But in all fairness too hibriten 7 on 7 isn't their style of football. So I wouldn't judge their team or season on this. They have athletes that will probably do pretty well in their system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT