Bandys (0-0, 0-0) vs St. Stephens
Bunker Hill (0-0, 0-0) vs Freedom
East Burke (0-0, 0-0) at Patton
Lincolnton (0-0, 0-0) vs South Point
Maiden (0-0, 0-0) vs Fred T Foard
Newton-Conover (0-0, 0-0) vs West Henderson
West Caldwell (0-0, 0-0) at South Caldwell
West Lincoln (0-0, 0-0) vs North Lincoln

Bandy's and st. Stephens I wanna say this is gonna be a toss up brain says go with bandy's heart says lowman could come in and beat his alma mater. So let's go with heart and st. Stephens.
Bunker Hill vs. Freedom. Bunker Hill will come in feeling like freedom will lay down for them. But freedom has a good QB and athletes. But I'll go with Bunker Hill in a nail biter but I'm praying I'm wrong and freedom wins.
East Burke in an easy game help speed up the hype train 🤣
South point over Lincolnton I think Lincolnton has explosive athletes just not sure they have the defense or trenches to win this game.
Maiden by how ever many the game plan limits us by.
Newton Conover will come in with all the confidence in the world and granted they probably have the best QB in conference right now but I think west Henderson deflates their heads a little by winning this game
South Caldwell over west Caldwell just because who would ever pick west Caldwell to ever win a game 🤣🤣

North vs West option vs option gonna probably be a pretty boring game 🤣. North has the better RB prospect. This game will be a toss up. Right now I'm gonna go west because I hate bazzle 🤣🤣 could change this pick after thinking more 🤣🤣

Has West Henderson lost that many players that yall picking Newton?

West Henderson was a 3A 1 loss 3rd round team last year...I mean it's possible Newton wins but I just don't see it.

Has West Henderson lost that many players that yall picking Newton?

West Henderson was a 3A 1 loss 3rd round team last year...I mean it's possible Newton wins but I just don't see it.
I think people are getting dazzled by Newton athletes. But they have athletes every year, but everyone forgets they always fall apart as a team. They are not deep and their line is sketchy.

Reactions: Lincolnton
I think people are getting dazzled by Newton athletes. But they have athletes every year, but everyone forgets they always fall apart as a team. They are not deep and their line is sketchy.
GDevil, West Henderson lost around 16 seniors according to their roster on MaxPreps, and you're right, going with the Red Devils isn't a logical choice but I seem to have a proclivity towards picking local teams.

AMD, it would be nice to get out of the cellar but you know our record for the past several years even though we broke even last season, and I never pick against the Wolves. I don't fault other Lincolnton posters who pick against us as they're just using their knowledge and reason, but for me it's a matter of the heart and something I could never do.

GDevil, West Henderson lost around 16 seniors according to their roster on MaxPreps, and you're right, going with the Red Devils isn't a logical choice but I seem to have a proclivity towards picking local teams.

AMD, it would be nice to get out of the cellar but you know our record for the past several years even though we broke even last season, and I never pick against the Wolves. I don't fault other Lincolnton posters who pick against us as they're just using their knowledge and reason, but for me it's a matter of the heart and something I could never do.they are bringing
They bring back their 2 top rushers and WR this year and good size in the trenches. Question would be is next QB up got ability.

Lets get it started.

Bunker by 10

They bring back their 2 top rushers and WR this year and good size in the trenches. Question would be is next QB up got ability.
Saw (Jr.) Karson Cloninger at the quarterback spot last Friday at North Lincoln. He looked like he has grown since last season in size and ability. I'm hoping he will do well. As mentioned earlier, South Lake Christian is in the process of rebuilding.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Saw (Jr.) Karson Cloninger at the quarterback spot last Friday at North Lincoln. He looked like he has grown since last season in size and ability. I'm hoping he will do well. As mentioned earlier, South Lake Christian is in the process of rebuilding.
I was wondering if he would transfer. Your post confirms it.

Lets get it started.

Bandys
BH
EB
SP
Maiden
NC
SC
NL

Most of those 16 weren’t starters. I would venture to say West returns 8 on both sides of the ball, including their top 2 wide receivers and top 2 RBs. The bulk of the OL is in tact and they were able to pick up a big time transfer from Erwin who replaced the center. The biggest question is obviously the QB, last year’s is now playing at Gardner Webb and those are big shoes to fill.

I think defensively they are going to be strong and offensively they will still be very good, it just remains to be seen which offensive style fits them best.

Bandys by 7 in a hard fought game.
Bunker Hill by 14
East Burke by 20
West Henderson by 3. A lot of talk about Newton and their speed but sadly, I will not be buying the hype.
South Caldwell by 28
West by 6 but would not be surprised if it was the other way around.

I will refrain from making a pick in the Lincolnton-South Point game, but have heard good things from folks who attended the two scrimmages. Hoping my Wolves can keep it close Friday night. Go Wolves!

Bandys by 7 in a hard fought game.
Bunker Hill by 14
East Burke by 20
West Henderson by 3. A lot of talk about Newton and their speed but sadly, I will not be buying the hype.
South Caldwell by 28
West by 6 but would not be surprised if it was the other way around.

I will refrain from making a pick in the Lincolnton-South Point game, but have heard good things from folks who attended the two scrimmages. Hoping my Wolves can keep it close Friday night. Go Wolves!
U missed one

I would say it's tiger 🐅 hunting week. But unfortunately hunting a Fred t Foard tiger is like shooting a sedated tiger in a zoo. Just no sport to it 😞 🤣
You’re a class act, AMD. I’ve said it before , You’ve got what it takes. No question about it.

Well?….here we go!

I said Bandys would be better this year. Sooo…I’m taking them against St. Stephens. I think this will be a heck of game. The Indians still have Gaither…he’ll get his…but I really like Brooks on the defensive side for the Trojans…he had over 100 tackles last season…that’s special. Keep an eye on him!

Beamer said Freedom might get woodshedded!
Maybe so….but I ain’t buying it yet. Freedom has athletes….always! This will be a great game in my opinion. I’m taking Bunker Hill based on their experience in tight games and they’re essentially the same team from last year…the Bears just keep winning… especially the ugly ones….and I think this one will go to the wire.
Beamer would’ve never utter those words 10 years ago or longer….speaks volumes (at least to me) on how far the Bears have come!😉

I thought it strange…when one of the Big Red Network boys took Patton in this match up. What was he thinking? What’s he know that we don’t?
I’m taking East Burke….but have a feeling it might be a tight game.

I think Lincolnton will be a force this year…but South Point is very very good. I’m going with South Point to win…they’re always a fundamentally sound team that make very few mistakes and that will be the difference.

Maiden over Foard.

West Henderson will run roughshod over Newton Conover but the Red Devils will score a couple late to make it somewhat respectable.

South Caldwell over West Caldwell in a nail biter.

Just one time! ONE TIME! Cmon! Warriors…do it for me! “Always Mouthing! Devil” eating some crow would make my season complete!😂

West Lincoln rolls over North Lincoln….yep…. I said rolls!…got a feeling all the Lincoln county teams need some time to get familiar with their new fields. The Johnny’s will wear theirs out in 3 years….that logo at midfield will be gone by 2027!😂 West Lincoln 7th? Huh?….y’all have lost your freaking minds!

Let’s go! CVAC!❤️

Good luck! Y’all. Can’t wait!

I thought you might have but wasn’t sure. That’s why I put the Wolves on there.
If he is accurate I wouldn't mine seeing Cloniger as the starter and then utilizing Bost as more of an athlete on the field. You might be lose some running ability at the QB position but having Bost, Phelps, and Heath opens up more options getting back to the days of quick strike teams. Plus, you keep Bost fresh for defense.

Well?….here we go!

I said Bandys would be better this year. Sooo…I’m taking them against St. Stephens. I think this will be a heck of game. The Indians still have Gaither…he’ll get his…but I really like Brooks on the defensive side for the Trojans…he had over 100 tackles last season…that’s special. Keep an eye on him!

Maybe so….but I ain’t buying it yet. Freedom has athletes….always! This will be a great game in my opinion. I’m taking Bunker Hill based on their experience in tight games and they’re essentially the same team from last year…the Bears just keep winning… especially the ugly ones….and I think this one will go to the wire.
Beamer would’ve never utter those words 10 years ago or longer….speaks volumes (at least to me) on how far the Bears have come!😉

I thought it strange…when one of the Big Red Network boys took Patton in this match up. What was he thinking? What’s he know that we don’t?

I think Lincolnton will be a force this year…but South Point is very very good. I’m going with South Point to win…they’re always a fundamentally sound team that make very few mistakes and that will be the difference.

Maiden over Foard.

West Henderson will run roughshod over Newton Conover but the Red Devils will score a couple late to make it somewhat respectable.

Just one time! ONE TIME! Cmon! Warriors…do it for me! “Always Mouthing! Devil” eating some crow would make my season complete!😂

West Lincoln rolls over North Lincoln….yep…. I said rolls!…got a feeling all the Lincoln county teams need some time to get familiar with their new fields. The Johnny’s will wear theirs out in 3 years….that logo at midfield will be gone by 2027!😂 West Lincoln 7th? Huh?….y’all have lost your freaking minds!

Let’s go! CVAC!❤️

U don't like me anymore 😭😞😢

Patton had 23 varsity players and 15 jv players in the pics I saw. That's tough sledding.
The Panthers are in for another long season. I hope the new coach can begin to build the football program up at Patton and keep their athletes at home to help the cause. It's too easy to transfer to other schools in Burke County. I don't know why the BRSN fellow picked Patton, unless it's a sympathy call.

The Panthers are in for another long season. I hope the new coach can begin to build the football program up at Patton and keep their athletes at home to help the cause. It's too easy to transfer to other schools in Burke County. I don't know why the BRSN fellow picked Patton, unless it's a sympathy call.
Yeah I figured the new coach would help but if you ain't got the Jimmies and Joe's ain't much you can do.

U don't like me anymore 😭😞😢
He likes you AMD, we all do ! Well, maybe not all. See, you're what's called a diamond in the rough. Yeah, that's it, a diamond in the rough. All you need is a little etiquette training. Not the kind what says stuff like "We do not get spaghetti sauce on our beard", more like social etiquette.

For instance, and you might want to practice at work between deliveries, today. Try saying this, "We do not call our neighbors to the west sedated tigers in a zoo", or we shouldn't be saying those to the south of us are "Mangy dogs with that sick howl". We don't say our friends to the east are the Lowjuns", and we must never say those to the north are the Hares or the Dead Devils.

Look, you can do this ! we have high hopes for you. Next week we'll work on sniff testing wine, and avoiding contemptible hand gestures at other motorists. :)

Well?….here we go!

Maiden over Foard.

Let’s go! CVAC!❤️

This year isn't your typical South Point team. If a team struggles with them now, they probably won't do good in the playoffs. Love the QB and when the fullback is on defense which i think he needs to play both ways full-time, if he has to run the ball. I think they finish 4th or 5th in conference this year with Ashbrook, Crest,KM being better and I haven't seen forestview yet.

This year isn't your typical South Point team. If a team struggles with them now, they probably won't do good in the playoffs. Love the QB and when the fullback is on defense which i think he needs to play both ways full-time, if he has to run the ball. I think they finish 4th or 5th in conference this year with Ashbrook, Crest,KM being better and I haven't seen forestview yet.
Thanks Freshmanposter01 for the Info on South Point. I keep turning over this dull, depressing thought that South Point is South Point, and for us that's bad news. I'm not sure there really is a typical South Point team though.

Probably got to wondering about it in 2016, it was the last year we beat them 25-24 in overtime. After their first six games that season they were 2-4, but would then go on a ten game winning streak which included a state championship against Rocky Mount who had beaten them the previous year (Saw both games). Remember thinking "Who are these guys"? I hate losing more than just about anything, like most others do, but if we lose we have to rebound strong and not let it set the tone for another down year.

Thanks Freshmanposter01 for the Info on South Point. I keep turning over this dull, depressing thought that South Point is South Point, and for us that's bad news. I'm not sure there really is a typical South Point team though.

Probably got to wondering about it in 2016, it was the last year we beat them 25-24 in overtime. After their first six games that season they were 2-4, but would then go on a ten game winning streak which included a state championship against Rocky Mount who had beaten them the previous year (Saw both games). Remember thinking "Who are these guys"? I hate losing more than just about anything, like most others do, but if we lose we have to rebound strong and not let it set the tone for another down year.
Lincolnton wins it is always close like the 2014 game. That year I was monitoring my phone boarding an international flight and lost reception as the game was coming to the end. I was able to use roaming cellular data before we took off and found out that Lincolnton had won that game. I was so happy on the flight back home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT