ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 1

Thanks Freshmanposter01 for the Info on South Point. I keep turning over this dull, depressing thought that South Point is South Point, and for us that's bad news. I'm not sure there really is a typical South Point team though.

Probably got to wondering about it in 2016, it was the last year we beat them 25-24 in overtime. After their first six games that season they were 2-4, but would then go on a ten game winning streak which included a state championship against Rocky Mount who had beaten them the previous year (Saw both games). Remember thinking "Who are these guys"? I hate losing more than just about anything, like most others do, but if we lose we have to rebound strong and not let it set the tone for another down year.
Please know…when I typed up a rough draft of my picks last night before bed….I had the Wolves winning this game. Then of course….I slept on it….thought it through and changed it…..I guess my buzz was gone!😂😂😂

Let’s go! Wolves!

Lets get it started.

Bandys (0-0, 0-0) vs St. Stephens
Bunker Hill (0-0, 0-0) vs Freedom
East Burke (0-0, 0-0) at Patton
Lincolnton (0-0, 0-0) vs South Point
Maiden (0-0, 0-0) vs Fred T Foard
Newton-Conover (0-0, 0-0) vs West Henderson
West Caldwell (0-0, 0-0) at South Caldwell
West Lincoln (0-0, 0-0) vs North Lincoln
Bandys
Bunker Hill
East Burke
Lincolnton
Maiden
West Henderson
South Caldwell
West Lincoln

Well?….here we go!

I said Bandys would be better this year. Sooo…I’m taking them against St. Stephens. I think this will be a heck of game. The Indians still have Gaither…he’ll get his…but I really like Brooks on the defensive side for the Trojans…he had over 100 tackles last season…that’s special. Keep an eye on him!

Beamer said Freedom might get woodshedded!
Maybe so….but I ain’t buying it yet. Freedom has athletes….always! This will be a great game in my opinion. I’m taking Bunker Hill based on their experience in tight games and they’re essentially the same team from last year…the Bears just keep winning… especially the ugly ones….and I think this one will go to the wire.
Beamer would’ve never utter those words 10 years ago or longer….speaks volumes (at least to me) on how far the Bears have come!😉

I thought it strange…when one of the Big Red Network boys took Patton in this match up. What was he thinking? What’s he know that we don’t?
I’m taking East Burke….but have a feeling it might be a tight game.

I think Lincolnton will be a force this year…but South Point is very very good. I’m going with South Point to win…they’re always a fundamentally sound team that make very few mistakes and that will be the difference.

Maiden over Foard.

West Henderson will run roughshod over Newton Conover but the Red Devils will score a couple late to make it somewhat respectable.

South Caldwell over West Caldwell in a nail biter.

Just one time! ONE TIME! Cmon! Warriors…do it for me! “Always Mouthing! Devil” eating some crow would make my season complete!😂

West Lincoln rolls over North Lincoln….yep…. I said rolls!…got a feeling all the Lincoln county teams need some time to get familiar with their new fields. The Johnny’s will wear theirs out in 3 years….that logo at midfield will be gone by 2027!😂 West Lincoln 7th? Huh?….y’all have lost your freaking minds!

Let’s go! CVAC!❤️

Good luck! Y’all. Can’t wait!
if EB game is close this will be a long season for EB no way this should be a close game!!

Thanks Freshmanposter01 for the Info on South Point. I keep turning over this dull, depressing thought that South Point is South Point, and for us that's bad news. I'm not sure there really is a typical South Point team though.

Probably got to wondering about it in 2016, it was the last year we beat them 25-24 in overtime. After their first six games that season they were 2-4, but would then go on a ten game winning streak which included a state championship against Rocky Mount who had beaten them the previous year (Saw both games). Remember thinking "Who are these guys"? I hate losing more than just about anything, like most others do, but if we lose we have to rebound strong and not let it set the tone for another down year.
South Point caught fire in a bottle that year. Whipped Hibriten in regional finals.😒

South Point caught fire in a bottle that year. Whipped Hibriten in regional finals.😒
Beamer, I remember it well, but then, and then, and then Hibriten would peel off a what was it, a thirty game win streak, including a state title against the current state champs East Duplin, and a payback win the following year against South Point. Thirty consecutive wins ? unbelievable ! It had to have felt good to be a Hibriten Panther.

Well, here’s my picks and why. Pretty much beating a dead horse in these picks as they are pretty predictable for the most part

Bandys takes this one even though Saint is and has been sorta competitive. Too much Helms offense calls and JVs stepping up it’s by 14

The Hill by 14. Freedom usually has athletes they usually do but the Hill will outlast them in overall athleticism and experience. Wasn’t impressed last year with them even though they put up a lot on EB don’t let that score fool ya. EB had some stupid setbacks that gift wrapped Freedom more points. Game was really bout even.

EB by 32. I’m gonna say 32 based off of returns, athletes, hype and county motivation to take it to another Burke team along with Patton just being Patton. If this in any way is EB winning by just 21 or less it’s gonna be a sad overhyped season with little to hope for.

South Point- barley and just because it’s South Point. I’ll be hoping for a Lincolnton win and by what y’all say I believe it could go either way.

Maiden- please go to another game even if you are a maiden parent and have a kid on the field ha ha.

West Henderson- just because

South Caldwell by 14. Prob one of their only wins

North Lincoln- not biased, just believe they may have some JVs step up from winning JV team last year and some speed in skill positions, and West lost too much to graduation. Could I be wrong oh absolutely, I don’t base much on last years teams just maybe alittle according to what the JVs did last year Going on a limb on this one big time but hey, be different.

Well, here’s my picks and why. Pretty much beating a dead horse in these picks as they are pretty predictable for the most part

Bandys takes this one even though Saint is and has been sorta competitive. Too much Helms offense calls and JVs stepping up it’s by 14

The Hill by 14. Freedom usually has athletes they usually do but the Hill will outlast them in overall athleticism and experience. Wasn’t impressed last year with them even though they put up a lot on EB don’t let that score fool ya. EB had some stupid setbacks that gift wrapped Freedom more points. Game was really bout even.

EB by 32. I’m gonna say 32 based off of returns, athletes, hype and county motivation to take it to another Burke team along with Patton just being Patton. If this in any way is EB winning by just 21 or less it’s gonna be a sad overhyped season with little to hope for.

South Point- barley and just because it’s South Point. I’ll be hoping for a Lincolnton win and by what y’all say I believe it could go either way.

Maiden- please go to another game even if you are a maiden parent and have a kid on the field ha ha.

West Henderson- just because

South Caldwell by 14. Prob one of their only wins

North Lincoln- not biased, just believe they may have some JVs step up from winning JV team last year and some speed in skill positions, and West lost too much to graduation. Could I be wrong oh absolutely, I don’t base much on last years teams just maybe alittle according to what the JVs did last year Going on a limb on this one big time but hey, be different.
seen the rankings from Cleveland Gaston county news of the area. They had Bunker Hill 7th Lincolnton.9 Draughn 10 maiden 10 all tied EB 17 th should be a interesting year!!

Y'all hear that ?? It's the cackling of a angry horde of blue devil's looking to destroy anything in front of them.
That's not what you hear ! What your hearing is the eerie howl of wolves. The first howl means "You'd better be ready, but the next long chilling howl means, "Make us a ham and cheese sandwich". Any questions !🐺

He always finds a way to spin it, don't he?

I'm glad we claim him so we ain't keeping him occupied like you all
GDevil, unfortunately I'm something of an instigator and I admit to spurring him on, sometimes. Since I do that I feel like I should at least indulge him in some way. I couldn't be a father figure because I'm sure I'm older than his Father and maybe even his grandfather, so possibly I could be a great-great uncle figure to him.

I would call on other posters irrespective of the teams they support to be, what, a brother figure, or at least a cousin figures. Unfortunately, some of them would prefer to be total stranger figures or even enemy figures to him. I mean, were talking about a guy who enjoys crashing cars into each other.

Believe me, as an older man I confess to having set less than a good example.
In the Bible, Paul says "When I was a child I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. When I became a man I put away childish things"...That last part, I seemed to have missed the boat on it, so, I'll try to do better for our wayward charge. I promise.

GDevil, unfortunately I'm something of an instigator and I admit to spurring him on, sometimes. Since I do that I feel like I should at least indulge him in some way. I couldn't be a father figure because I'm sure I'm older than his Father and maybe even his grandfather, so possibly I could be a great-great uncle figure to him.

I would call on other posters irrespective of the teams they support to be, what, a brother figure, or at least a cousin figures. Unfortunately, some of them would prefer to be total stranger figures or even enemy figures to him. I mean, were talking about a guy who enjoys crashing cars into each other.

Believe me, as an older man I confess to having set less than a good example.
In the Bible, Paul says "When I was a child I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. When I became a man I put away childish things"...That last part, I seemed to have missed the boat on it, so, I'll try to do better for our wayward charge. I promise.
Lol speaking of crashing cars I'm probably going tomorrow to get a 2003 Mitsubishi diamante to smash up at the tour of destruction September 30th 😂😂😂

Lol speaking of crashing cars I'm probably going tomorrow to get a 2003 Mitsubishi diamante to smash up at the tour of destruction September 30th 😂😂😂
I might have already said this before…

We held a few job fairs over there a couple years ago at some of the bigger races and it was shocking how many people from out of state go to that little race track. I’m talking from everywhere in the United States….I still can’t get over that.

It’s right here in our backyard and I’ve heard that sound on Saturday nights for my entire life…kinda like listening to rain or crickets…the soothing sound that’s ALWAYS been there for people who live in Catawba county….at least it is for me.

They don’t call it “The World’s Most Famous Short Track” for nothing!…I guess that’s why so many outsiders come to be a part of it.

AMD…wear a helmet this time around!😂

Boom! Devils! Baby!

Lol always a helmet 😂 buuuutttt lol one time my seat belt wouldn't snap right before race it was stuck. But I said to hell with with it nothing ever happens 😂😂 and went out anyways next thing i of id someone turned me in of the wall. Boy that hurt learned my lesson on that one.
I might have already said this before…

We held a few job fairs over there a couple years ago at some of the bigger races and it was shocking how many people from out of state go to that little race track. I’m talking from everywhere in the United States….I still can’t get over that.

It’s right here in our backyard and I’ve heard that sound on Saturday nights for my entire life…kinda like listening to rain or crickets…the soothing sound that’s ALWAYS been there for people who live in Catawba county….at least it is for me.

They don’t call it “The World’s Most Famous Short Track” for nothing!…I guess that’s why so many outsiders come to be a part of it.

AMD…wear a helmet this time around!😂

Boom! Devils! Baby!

Does anyone know if N-C has a radio broadcast?
WNNC radio but Thinking like they’re covering the St. Stephens (Hickory) Vs Bandys game. They do have staff at other games to give periodic updates.
Tried to copy the link on my cell phone but if that doesn’t work try to google WNNC radio.

Foard 8 Maiden 0

Final JV
Post by Maiden Creek
Last year, Our JV's beat Maiden and I remember so well what happened the following night.😖

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Foard 8 Maiden 0

Final JV
Post by Maiden Creek
Last year, Our JV's beat Maiden and I remember so well what happened the following night.😖
Our JV is never really a good representation of our teams. We move to many good sophomore up to varsity to get a good representation.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Foard has a good looking JV team. Good size on the line and a couple bruiser running backs that got positive yardage on just about every carry. They slowly and methodically would move the chains and kept field position most of the night. Maiden had their chances…got inside the 10 with a minute left and just couldn’t get it done….their opening drive went very deep as well but the Blue Devils sputtered out.

All in all…it was really a very entertaining game to watch…weather was perfect…yes!.. I sat in the shade…and I like going over there to Foard…they have a nice view of the mountains.

Ate at Mountain View BBQ too…their home made onion rings are off the chain!😉

Go! Blue.

Goes to show you can’t go by JVs to look at a varsity. Hey Maiden you sure that wasn’t the middle school team just to pull a fast un and build experience? Ha ha
East Burke has several somp they left on jv's for now so we have talent in that class as well. good jr class so I see two more good years ahead looking at their roster several could start on varsity but no room for them as of now!!They did not let Patton past the 50 all night.

FREEDOM 28
BUNKER HILL 14

EAST BURKE 42
PATTON 0

ST STEPHENS 42
BANDYS 16

FRED T FOARD 8
MAIDEN 0

NORTH LINCOLN 26
WEST LINCOLN 22

LINCOLNTON 20
SOUTH POINT 0

WEST CALDWELL 40
SOUTH CALDWELL 24

WEST HENDERSON 26
NEWTON CONOVER 14

Our JV is never really a good representation of our teams. We move to many good sophomore up to varsity to get a good representation.
I am sure Lincolnton will see whatever sophomore version of the Muse boys that South Point has tonight along with their next future Notre Dame caliber 5 star lineman.

Don’t know rosters but how many studs do Maiden have playing up this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT