ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 1

M
I am sure Lincolnton will see whatever sophomore version of the Muse boys that South Point has tonight along with their next future Notre Dame caliber 5 star lineman.

Don’t know rosters but how many studs do Maiden have playing up this year?
Max prep rosters are so fubar'd right now hard to tell but if I had to ball park it 8-10 sophomore and freshman are playing up on varsity

I am sure Lincolnton will see whatever sophomore version of the Muse boys that South Point has tonight along with their next future Notre Dame caliber 5 star lineman.

Don’t know rosters but how many studs do Maiden have playing up this year?
LHSFaninVA, The Wolves beat South Point in 2014. T.Muse was a senior, and I'm thinking like he played in the backfield; and beat them in 2016 when N.Muse was a senior. Both wins was by a single point, 2016 was in OT. Got to hand it to the Raiders, they're always very tough.

The Maiden Guys, one of the things that makes high school football season special is the teams running onto the field. This really excites the crowd. Team entrances are different. I've seen them walk, run and just jog from the fieldhouse.

One time during a state title game a team (South Columbus) came out of the field house, came across the back of the endzone, and came down our sideline to mid-field, then went across to their side. Now that's swagger.

The entrance that impressed me most was Maiden's at the old Tom Brown. All of a sudden you'd hear the crowd roar and by the time it got your attention and you looked, some of them were already at mid-field and really hyped up. The rest would come pouring out of what looked like an entrance that must have been in the middle of the home stands to join the others. It always took the visitors by surprise. Now that was an entrance.

Granted, you Blue Devils have one of the nicest stadiums around this area, but to the ones who played in it, and the fans who followed them then, there must have been some special twists, turns and spots about the old place.

The Maiden Guys, one of the things that makes high school football season special is the teams running onto the field. This really excites the crowd. Team entrances are different. I've seen them walk, run and just jog from the fieldhouse.

One time during a state title game a team (South Columbus) came out of the field house, came across the back of the endzone, and came down our sideline to mid-field, then went across to their side. Now that's swagger.

The entrance that impressed me most was Maiden's at the old Tom Brown. All of a sudden you'd hear the crowd roar and by the time it got your attention and you looked, some of them were already at mid-field and really hyped up. The rest would come pouring out of what looked like an entrance that must have been in the middle of the home stands to join the others. It always took the visitors by surprise. Now that was an entrance.

Granted, you Blue Devils have one of the nicest stadiums around this area, but to the ones who played in it, and the fans who followed them then, there must have been some special twists, turns and spots about the old place.
The old stadium was something special I remember my Friday nights coming through the smoke out the tunnel underneath the stands

I was a senior on the last Maiden football team to run out of the tunnel. 2005 1st Rd vs Mitchell County.

Special memories

GDevil, thought about you and AMD and wondered if yo ever got to play there. Now, that’s special.
Part of the magic of the old stadium was rabid Maiden fans were right on top of the field and the visitor teams could feel our breath on them we were so close. And we had that nice crown on top of the middle of the field.

Yes, that was another thing about the old stadium, you were so close to the field. You could hear the contact and groans on the line, and the rapid footsteps of charging defenders closing in on quarterbacks.
There was a saying around here (myth or fact) that Coach Brown helped design it (the old stadium).

Yes, that was another thing about the old stadium, you were so close to the field. You could hear the contact and groans on the line, and the rapid footsteps of charging defenders closing in on quarterbacks.
There was a saying around here (myth or fact) that Coach Brown helped design it (the old stadium).
I know he tried to get a tunnel built under the stands at new stadium but couldn't get the design engineers to do it.

A lot of us wanted the new school but to keep playing at the old field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT