ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 1

Newton had athletes and decent size, but was slow up front and got dominated all night at the LOS. Undisciplined overall. West was still figuring out their QB situation, both QB’s played well. One of West’s best athletes didn’t play (3A 100m hurdle state champion and 2nd leading rusher), hopefully just precautionary.
Did Newton's offensive line have a lot of holds. I watched one of their practices their technique look very poor

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So what happened to North Lincoln tonight ? Good JV team last year, great coach, still got some athletes and speed, West lost a lot, and yet they still manage to lose? Ha ha SMH

So what happened to North Lincoln tonight ? Good JV team last year, great coach, still got some athletes and speed, West lost a lot, and yet they still manage to lose? Ha ha SMH
West Lincoln is well coached. And some of the north Lincoln athletes made the wrong decision during the off-season 🤷🏼‍♂️. But in all seriousness maybe u got some kids who still have a bad taste over last year and don't wanna go 100 percent in.

South Point 35 Lincolnton 21...Thought the Raiders were some better than us and we had an awful time with their quarterback. Our defense struggled and we had a good many miscues. Too many times when we had decent field position the snap would be over the quarterbacks head and he ended up having to chase the ball down. If the center who made the bad snaps happens to read this please put it behind you, it comes with practice and things will work out. The wolves were kind of pesky to SP, they couldn't quite put us away and near the end we came close to making it a one touchdown game but they did what they needed to do to win, so a big Congrats to South Point.

Losing is like pouring salt on a porch slug to me, but I have to say there are some things that was inspiring. Our skills people have improved since last year. We are a more disciplined team. Seems like we had two personal foul penalties and South Point had one or two. We have some weapons and as far as our mistakes they are the kind that's correctible. I feel pretty sure we will be better this year than we were last year.

North Lincoln will be in town next Friday. After the game I went out to Ingle's Supermarket for a be, uh, a few items. On the way back I saw several Lincoln County buses coming through town. Other than the sound of the engine there wasn't any noises coming from them which makes me think they might have lost to West Lincoln. There's just something about buses coming back from a game that they lost which stands out. Anyway, if North did lose they will blame Lincolnton and come in mad and fired up at us, next week. Far as that goes if West lost they'll blame us, too.

Heads up Wolves and thanks for the effort. We'll all do it again next week.

Well, any updates? I’m stuck with the kids tonight and a quad injury so it might be a couple weeks before I catch a game
BFR, how did you get a quad injury ? Do you practice martial arts or doing leg lifts ? I get hamstring injuries from running. I've tried to run through them but it doesn't work.

West Lincoln is well coached. And some of the north Lincoln athletes made the wrong decision during the off-season 🤷🏼‍♂️. But in all seriousness maybe u got some kids who still have a bad taste over last year and don't wanna go 100 percent in.
What decision was that? I mean I dunno, did a few run off to Maiden? EL? Just not come out cause they was mad at the coach? I know NL ain’t part of CVAC but they are a close by school that just played a CVAC team and all I was just curios as to what may be going on over there after some good seasons and D1 players coming out of there

Did Newton's offensive line have a lot of holds. I watched one of their practices their technique look very poor
I remember some but not a ton. Honestly, they were so slow they couldn’t even get a hand on a defender much of the time.

I played kickball with my army unit. Rared back to kick it and there it went. Had to be helped off the field
Most US Army units are good at their jobs which when push comes to shove is to wage and inflict violence upon the enemy. They are not good at any team sports as when it is scheduled for training someone is doing one or more line of duty reports afterwards.

South Point 35 Lincolnton 21...Thought the Raiders were some better than us and we had an awful time with their quarterback. Our defense struggled and we had a good many miscues. Too many times when we had decent field position the snap would be over the quarterbacks head and he ended up having to chase the ball down. If the center who made the bad snaps happens to read this please put it behind you, it comes with practice and things will work out. The wolves were kind of pesky to SP, they couldn't quite put us away and near the end we came close to making it a one touchdown game but they did what they needed to do to win, so a big Congrats to South Point.

Losing is like pouring salt on a porch slug to me, but I have to say there are some things that was inspiring. Our skills people have improved since last year. We are a more disciplined team. Seems like we had two personal foul penalties and South Point had one or two. We have some weapons and as far as our mistakes they are the kind that's correctible. I feel pretty sure we will be better this year than we were last year.

North Lincoln will be in town next Friday. After the game I went out to Ingle's Supermarket for a be, uh, a few items. On the way back I saw several Lincoln County buses coming through town. Other than the sound of the engine there wasn't any noises coming from them which makes me think they might have lost to West Lincoln. There's just something about buses coming back from a game that they lost which stands out. Anyway, if North did lose they will blame Lincolnton and come in mad and fired up at us, next week. Far as that goes if West lost they'll blame us, too.

Heads up Wolves and thanks for the effort. We'll all do it again next week.
Curious to know if a taller backup quarterback could have helped with those high overhead snaps? Also not sure how successful you can be when your quarterback is playing both ways against good caliber competition.

This year's East Burke team is physical for sure this is the fourth year these kid's has been in Coach Minor Program and it will show up because they live in the weight room, they have a lot of depth for sure!!Looking forward to the Freedom game Friday!!The talking is over let the season begin.

All these scores are no surprises and expected. I called bout all of em. Surprised Freedom not putting up more of a fight. And EB either must really be good this year or Patton just stinks
Combo of both EB is as physical team as I have seen them for the last few years both on offence and defense ready for the Burke County rivalry the next two weeks. EB could have put up more points but trying not to run up score!!

What decision was that? I mean I dunno, did a few run off to Maiden? EL? Just not come out cause they was mad at the coach? I know NL ain’t part of CVAC but they are a close by school that just played a CVAC team and all I was just curios as to what may be going on over there after some good seasons and D1 players coming out of there
Maybe made the wrong decision to stay there

I will say this though. It looks like we have something at maiden this year that we haven't had in a while that old school Blue devil fans will remember

I will say this though. It looks like we have something at maiden this year that we haven't had in a while that old school Blue devil fans will remember
Maiden will be Maiden. May not be quiet as good as last year but they keep at it they always do. If EB is anything people say they are and are physical then expect a packed house at the Maiden EB game….well it won’t be a packed house cause there’s so so much room in our stadium ha ha. But they’ll be a lot of people there let’s just say that.

They coming at their foes this year with a TON of last years players with some quality fill ins from last years JV standouts even though the JV didn’t do well as a whole they had some highlight players.

I just hope Patton wasn’t so terrible that they just make every team tney play look like super stars and it just be a fluke game.

Whoever starts CVAC week 2 do a slash and add Fat Friday to it. Might make 8 pages or more for this one. A lot on the line hype and morale wise

Maiden will be Maiden. May not be quiet as good as last year but they keep at it they always do. If EB is anything people say they are and are physical then expect a packed house at the Maiden EB game….well it won’t be a packed house cause there’s so so much room in our stadium ha ha. But they’ll be a lot of people there let’s just say that.

They coming at their foes this year with a TON of last years players with some quality fill ins from last years JV standouts even though the JV didn’t do well as a whole they had some highlight players.

I just hope Patton wasn’t so terrible that they just make every team tney play look like super stars and it just be a fluke game.

Whoever starts CVAC week 2 do a slash and add Fat Friday to it. Might make 8 pages or more for this one. A lot on the line hype and morale wise
From first hand knowledge between a conversation I had last night freedoms morale is in the trash. They have a talented quarterback but everyone in the community and all the team has put all the pressure on his shoulders to carry the team and he's only a sophomore. In the pressure is just too much for his age. I'm told they're line and defense is horrible. And a lot of their kids just aren't into it

Curious to know if a taller backup quarterback could have helped with those high overhead snaps? Also not sure how successful you can be when your quarterback is playing both ways against good caliber competition.
VA, I will say that the snap miscues were fairly out of reach. Unless he was put in late, I did not see 7 on defense last night.

No this team has all the tools to be good. Patton was not good at all but you still have to play the games. just remember this team return's a lot and blew some games last year. we just have to close the deal this year extra points is one issue hard to find a new kicker!!We have a somp lead jv team that should be good which is good for the future.I think we are taking the games one step at a time.

Don’t think a taller quarterback would have helped. Actually, on some of the snaps that were over his head Bost turned them into gains with his speed.
Haven’t heard how many yards Bost had passing but it will be close to a hundred.
It looks like our main concern is defense.
You’ve seen these early season matchups where you leave thinking we’ve got the parts it takes, now if we can just put things together.

No this team has all the tools to be good. Patton was not good at all but you still have to play the games. just remember this team return's a lot and blew some games last year. we just have to close the deal this year extra points is one issue hard to find a new kicker!!We have a somp lead jv team that should be good which is good for the future.I think we are taking the games one step at a time.
How’s the star Freshman doing so far? Reees the speedy track man

*..."And some of the north Lincoln athletes made the wrong decision during the off-season 🤷🏼‍♂️. But in all seriousness maybe u got some kids who still have a bad taste over last year and don't wanna go 100 percent in.
Excerpt of a post by amaidendevil Also infamously and informally known as AMD

*,,,What decision was that? I mean I dunno, did a few run off to Maiden?
Excerpt of a post by Burkeforreal

Burkeforreal, perhaps I could help. Just for fun and for tweaking the brain a little (Not that your's needs it but mine does, and if visible it would compare to the shape and size of a dried-up pecan) I'll put this in a two part riddle:

What do Magdalena Ventura, Karl Marx and AMD have in common. take 5 seconds.....Answer-They all have these big thick heavy beards...…Now, what are the differences between these same three. Take 5 seconds.....Answer-One was a Mommie, one was a commie and the other one hates coach Bazzle. Oh, and is probably mad because some of the North Lincoln players did NOT run off to Maiden.:oops:

*..."And some of the north Lincoln athletes made the wrong decision during the off-season 🤷🏼‍♂️. But in all seriousness maybe u got some kids who still have a bad taste over last year and don't wanna go 100 percent in.
Excerpt of a post by amaidendevil Also infamously and informally known as AMD

*,,,What decision was that? I mean I dunno, did a few run off to Maiden?
Excerpt of a post by Burkeforreal

Burkeforreal, perhaps I could help. Just for fun and for tweaking the brain a little (Not that your's needs it but mine does, and if visible it would compare to the shape and size of a dried-up pecan) I'll put this in a two part riddle:

What do Magdalena Ventura, Karl Marx and AMD have in common. take 5 seconds.....Answer-They all have these big thick heavy beards...…Now, what are the differences between these same three. Take 5 seconds.....Answer-One was a Mommie, one was a commie and the other one hates coach Bazzle. Oh, and is probably mad because some of the North Lincoln players did NOT run off to Maiden.:oops:

😂😂 the ship ain't sailed yet 🤣🤣

Last night, some of the Foard fans kept talking about this large man with a beard like Jake Arrieta, yelling something at them about being sedated and something else about a zoo. I'm just glad he didn't have a megaphone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
AMD, that's one of the things which makes the Blue Devils great: A small area can produce so many players that have worked hard to be shaped into fine teams. They can win with what they got.
It's not about football or us is for the betterment of the student education and giving them an opportunity to enroll in school that benefits their style of learning and opportunities

A few Rough stats from last night. Maiden had 376 total yards Fred t foard had 82 yards. Maiden had 175 yards passing with two touchdowns. Foard had 52 yards passing. Maiden had 201 yd rushing with four rushing touchdowns and Ford had 30 rushing yards with a rushing touchdown in the last minute of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT