ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 4

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bandys (2-0, 0-0) vs South Caldwell (3-0)
Bunker Hill (2-0, 0-0) vs Hickory Hawks (0-3)🤣

East Burke (2-1, 0-0) bye
Lincolnton (0-3, 0-0) bye
Maiden (1-1, 0-0) at Saint Stephens (0-3)
Newton-Conover (1-2, 0-0) bye
West Caldwell (0-3, 0-0) bye
West Lincoln (3-0, 0-0) bye

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Dang super slow slow week for the CVAC.

I may rant tans rave over EB and Draughn lol
Game of the week in CVAC and a no brainer is South Caldwell and Bandys. A decent history between these non conf foes that’s been kinda back and forth. South seems to have it together this year and been putting up big numbers although they really hadn’t played anybody yet. Super hard call on this one.

I’ll take South by 7 in a big one. 4A school, lots of players, maybe they got something this year we’ll see

Maiden Duh by a lot
The Hill another Duh also by a lot

Pretty much only one to talk bout this week is South Caldwell and what they got and some of Bandys. Add some thoughts guys, Cheerduck I know you got something, Beamer I know you got something, let’s hear it

Standings after 3 weeks (21) games

eb1977 - 19
Maiden Creek - 19
Amaidendevil - 18
Burkeforreal - 18
Blueschool18 - 17
Devils-24 Blue - 17
Formerdog38 - 17
BunkerHillBear12 - 17
TunnelSmoke - 16
Lincolnton - 15

Wolf4Lyfe - 13
BoSoxGuy - 11
Titanman27 - 8
Fire Ant - 6
BlueDevil1996 - 4

Reactions: Burkeforreal
South Caldwell over Bandys: Giving the larger school the nod due to maybe having a little more depth. Spartans by 6

Bunker Hill over the Hickory Hawks: BH will be hard for anyone to beat...Last Friday I sat in the visitors' stands at the David Clark (A Lincolnton person growing up on North Cedar St. in Lincolnton, whom the East Lincoln Stadium is named for) and wondered how the Mustangs would fare with the Bears. Probably be a good game. Point is, it would take a good team to beat them(Bunker Hill or East Lincoln). Bunker Hill beats the HH by 30 and will more than likely pull the starter at halftime to keep them healthy for us the following week.

Maiden over St. Stephens: Not a good time to take on the Devils coming off of last week's loss. Maiden by 20. If AMD is there to handle the heckling duties, M by 28.

*Get up AMD, Get up, Get up ! Go in there and stick your head under the spigot and let the cold water run on it for awhile. A loss can feel like a hangover but it's not. Time to put it behind you.

Last edited:
Maiden with vengeance
I'm gonna say bandy's but not fully confident in that choice
Bunker Hill against the hickory rec team.
@Lincolnton bitter yes but not devastated, we will keep that chip on our shoulders hopefully the rest of the season. Got some money made today and took out some frustrations at the gym I'm good to go 😂😂

Man ain’t nobody got faith in those South Caldwell boys no more. Heck I hadn’t had it in them since they lost a lot of tallent, Dickerson graduated, and Butch left. I tell ya what they had the nastiest RB a decade ago and I just had a Joe Biden moment and forgot his name

South has looked good against weak competition.
South does have a very good running back in Sean Moore. He is a threat on the ground, as a receiver and in the return game. The Spartans have always had trouble with teams that have more overall team speed. I believe this game will be won with the better coaching decisions coming from the Bandys side.

Last edited:
Since it’s such a slow week in CVAC does anyone got info on NL and why Sellers(1st or 2nd fastest man in conf) didn’t come out this year?

Had Saint lost too many seniors last year to we’re they are just not competitive?

Why is Alexander Central down this year?

North Iredell improving?

Anyone know who is coming back off injury to East Burke?

Since it’s such a slow week in CVAC does anyone got info on NL and why Sellers(1st or 2nd fastest man in conf) didn’t come out this year?

Had Saint lost too many seniors last year to we’re they are just not competitive?

North Iredell improving?

Saint is always gonna have a hard time until they can keep good players at home instead of going to hickory.
Alexander Central has been down for a while they are 2-1 this year only need 2 more wins to match last season. So very possible they improve this year.

North Iredell improving?

Saint has more issues than just losing kids to Hickory It's not coaching, it goes above that....the current seniors were part of a group that did not have JV (Covid Year) and then to start the next year only played 5 games (b/c of numbers and covid)....they lost a lot of talent at QB last year.

AC is AC, they will play hard but never have enough talent or speed to compete outside of whatever conference they are in. They typically are only competitive when the conference as a whole is down.

North Iredell improving?

Don't now about the Sellers kid at NL.

Saint has some soft kids this year. They don't lose kids to Hickory, that's always been an untruth. Over the last 20 years there may have been 2-3 that transferred to be a Red Tornado. HHS has lost 4 times that many to Saint. St. has a good head coach that is a patient man and great with kids. Their numbers are up and getting better. He just has to attempt to improve the culture there.

AC can not pass the ball. As long as Carter is the head coach they are not going to. NI shut down the AC rushing attack Friday night and forced AC to throw. It wasn't pretty. AC is lacking somewhat on talent from the past. I see them going 5-5 at best this year.

NI has some speed at the skill position, but are short on depth. They played hard against AC once they had a couple of stops. AC led 14-0 after the 1st period, but stopped moving the ball and NI had speed that got the corner a couple of times on AC.

I have no idea about East Burke's injury situation.

Saint has some soft kids this year. They don't lose kids to Hickory, that's always been an untruth. Over the last 20 years there may have been 2-3 that transferred to be a Red Tornado. HHS has lost 4 times that many to Saint. St. has a good head coach that is a patient man and great with kids. Their numbers are up and getting better. He just has to attempt to improve the culture there.

AC can not pass the ball. As long as Carter is the head coach they are not going to. NI shut down the AC rushing attack Friday night and forced AC to throw. It wasn't pretty. AC is lacking somewhat on talent from the past. I see them going 5-5 at best this year.

NI has some speed at the skill position, but are short on depth. They played hard against AC once they had a couple of stops. AC led 14-0 after the 1st period, but stopped moving the ball and NI had speed that got the corner a couple of times on AC.

Good insight. These boards need more knowledgeable fellas like yourself to help us out. When I was at the conf and regional track meet at North Lincoln this past spring I took notice of North Iredell and their increase in speed. It’s obviously showing on the field. Butch is a rushing coach always has been. He’s great when he’s got some tallent to work with. Pollard and Dickerson especially.

It showed with East Burke big time on the Draughn field. Once our boys got in open space it was a wrap. We killed them in rushing yards in a losing effort. Dispite the score EB had the muscle and the speed overall. One injury one RB will not return, waiting on one to get medical release and one of the best Olinemen quit or didn’t come out. If there’s other injuries someone let us know.

Hate that for Saint. Sounds like a good atmosphere that don’t have the tallent around it.

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR % ⬆️
WEST LINCOLN000.0%30100.0%
BANDYS000.0%20100.0%
BUNKER HILL000.0%20100.0%
EAST BURKE000.0%2166.7%
MAIDEN000.0%1150.0%
NEWTON000.0%1233.3%
LINCOLNTON000.0%030.0%
WEST CALDWELL000.0%030.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF ⬆️
BANDYS84642.03.039.0
BUNKER HILL911545.57.538.0
WEST LINCOLN1384746.015.730.3
EAST BURKE1004633.315.318.0
MAIDEN695334.526.58.0
LINCOLNTON558418.328.0-9.7
NEWTON10414934.749.7-15.0
WEST CALDWELL141404.746.7-42.0

Hard to improve culture when it isn't encouraged. That's all I'm gonna say.

I went back and looked at the CVAC “early” thread and reread my post on how the CVAC would do in the win/loss column in non conference games.

We were 13-11 last year…currently 11-10 this year with 3 games to go. I thought it would remain the same but I was leaning under if y’all will recall.

Tip of the cap to the teams that pulled it out.

East Burke got fat on Friday.😉

West Lincoln got past the Knights…again!😉

Newton 4th quartered East Rutherford…hope they start believing. 😉

Good stuff!

Ok….Bandys-South Caldwell…tough pick here. I’ve got a buddy that loves those Spartans…he’s been in full strut since the season started!😂 He has watched them forever and tells me that this years’ version is pretty darn good. I keep telling him that Bandys ain’t no joke this year; but, he ain’t having none of that! 😂 I think this game is going to be a thriller. South Caldwell will run smash mouth versus Bandys throwing it all over place. We’ll see.
I’m taking South Caldwell.

Bunker Hill rolls.

Maiden wins over St. Stephens.

CVAC! Good luck fellers.

Great game last week against Watauga. The Pioneers are very good. I was proud of our Maiden boys for hanging in there til the final whistle and quite frankly….had chances to keep the score closer but just couldn’t get it done.

I absolutely hated how each half started though. UGH! You just can’t do that against a team like Watauga. Had ‘em held to a 3 and out on their 1st possession and get a personal foul on a late hit of the QB!…then off the Pioneers go.

Come out to start the 2nd half and throw a backward pass that’s fumbled and there goes a scoop 6! Ugh again!

Both of those plays were tough to watch and even more difficult to overcome.

Also saw that Watauga was 6 for 6 on 3rd down…that’s tough sledding right there! That’s great football…got to give them credit…they converted when they had too! Their offense is very difficult to stop as evidenced by the score.

Best of luck to Watauga moving forward…they will be tough for any one that plays them.

Let’s go! Boom Devils!

I went back and looked at the CVAC “early” thread and reread my post on how the CVAC would do in the win/loss column in non conference games.

We were 13-11 last year…currently 11-10 this year with 3 games to go. I thought it would remain the same but I was leaning under if y’all will recall.

Good stuff!

Ok….Bandys-South Caldwell…tough pick here. I’ve got a buddy that loves those Spartans…he’s been in full strut since the season started!😂 He has watched them forever and tells me that this years’ version is pretty darn good. I keep telling him that Bandys ain’t no joke this year; but, he ain’t having none of that! 😂 I think this game is going to be a thriller. South Caldwell will run smash mouth versus Bandys throwing it all over place. We’ll see.
I’m taking South Caldwell.

Bunker Hill rolls.

Maiden wins over St. Stephens.

CVAC! Good luck fellers.

Great game last week against Watauga. The Pioneers are very good. I was proud of our Maiden boys for hanging in there til the final whistle and quite frankly….had chances to keep the score closer but just couldn’t get it done.

I absolutely hated how each half started though. UGH! You just can’t do that against a team like Watauga. Had ‘em held to a 3 and out on their 1st possession and get a personal foul on a late hit of the QB!…then off the Pioneers go.

Come out to start the 2nd half and throw a backward pass that’s fumbled and there goes a scoop 6! Ugh again!

Both of those plays were tough to watch and even more difficult to overcome.

Also saw that Watauga was 6 for 6 on 3rd down…that’s tough sledding right there! That’s great football…got to give them credit…they converted when they had too! Their offense is very difficult to stop as evidenced by the score.

Best of luck to Watauga moving forward…they will be tough for any one that plays them.

Let’s go! Boom Devils!
Creek, you always say something when you post. Newton-Conover and Bandys have the ability to play and win against anybody from what I've seen. The SC/Bandys game should be a good one for sure.

What does Bandys OL/DL look like?
SC OL/DL is big, athletic, and nasty! #52, #54, #55, and #56 will hit you in the mouth! Behind them is #12, 6’2” 205lb Suan Moore, running a 4.6 40.

Bandys (2-0, 0-0) vs South Caldwell (3-0)
Bunker Hill (2-0, 0-0) vs Hickory Hawks (0-3)🤣

East Burke (2-1, 0-0) bye
Lincolnton (0-3, 0-0) bye
Maiden (1-1, 0-0) at Saint Stephens (0-3)
Newton-Conover (1-2, 0-0) bye
West Caldwell (0-3, 0-0) bye
West Lincoln (3-0, 0-0) bye
SC as Bandys hasn't played anyone to judge if they are 2-0 because they are ok, or the other teams are just that bad.
BH. If you consider yourself a contender, why play someone that is not? Go play someone, then talk.
Rest are byes...Oh Maiden....again, why are they playing SS if they are trying to get better each week? Kudos for playing Watauga last week. Reality bit them, but they will improve as I think CVAC is weak this year.
My opinion and until proven otherwise, I'll say that. CVAC teams can't judge their success playing teams like SS, Foard, Hickory Hawks, etc.
As always, Best of luck to all the teams and healthy outcomes.

SC as Bandys hasn't played anyone to judge if they are 2-0 because they are ok, or the other teams are just that bad.
BH. If you consider yourself a contender, why play someone that is not? Go play someone, then talk.
Rest are byes...Oh Maiden....again, why are they playing SS if they are trying to get better each week? Kudos for playing Watauga last week. Reality bit them, but they will improve as I think CVAC is weak this year.
My opinion and until proven otherwise, I'll say that. CVAC teams can't judge their success playing teams like SS, Foard, Hickory Hawks, etc.
We have played SS for the last 45 years why change ???? FOR THE 100TH time we are only playing the Hickory Hawks bc Stuart Cramer didn’t wanna play us anymore and we couldn’t find anyone to fill in the third non conference game considering most non conference games are 4 year deals

Maiden is required to play Foard and Saint every year...we only get to choose 1 non conference opponent. This 4 year cycle we took Watauga.

The previous 4 year cycle we had 4 non conference opponents. Foard, Saint, Bunker Hill all required because they're in Catawba County. The 1 we got to choose was East Burke for 2 years and South Caldwell for 2 years.

The 4 years before that one (2013-2016) we had required Foard and Saint, south Caldwell for 4 years and West Iredell for 2 and Hibriten for 2.

"I went back and looked at the CVAC “early” thread and reread my post on how the CVAC would do in the win/loss column in non conference games.

Good stuff!"
Excerpt of post #27 by Maiden Creek

Creek, I say this from my heart, you're probably one of the finest individuals I'll ever know, and I'm fortunate to even be acquainted with you, and what you have posted is good information, but damnit, couldn't you have put something else on here besides that. I know the devils haven't won a non-conference game either, but they ain't lost three of them.

Well, what the heavens, let us, your south end (South end, sounds like something else) neighbors take the bad with "the good", whenever the good might come along. Us Lincolnton sorts needs a change of luck, bad.

Correction: Maiden has won 1 non conference game. Thinking about non-Catawba county schools. Sorry

Last edited:
"I went back and looked at the CVAC “early” thread and reread my post on how the CVAC would do in the win/loss column in non conference games.

Good stuff!"
Excerpt of post #27 by Maiden Creek

Creek, I say this from my heart, you're probably one of the finest individuals I'll ever know, and I'm fortunate to even be acquainted with you, and what you have posted is good information, but damnit, couldn't you have put something else on here besides that. I know the devils haven't won a non-conference game either, but they ain't lost three of them.

Well, what the heavens, let us, your south end (South end, sounds like something else) neighbors take the bad with "the good", whenever the good might come along. Us Lincolnton sorts needs a change of luck, bad.

Correction: Maiden has won 1 non conference game. Thinking about non-Catawba county schools. Sorry
Y’all are in elite company with Shelby and WRH…you’re better than your record😂

I think Cheerduck called me long winded! Is that how you read it?😂

Y’all are in elite company with Shelby and WRH…you’re better than your record😂

I think Cheerduck called me long winded! Is that how you read it?😂
Creek, you have to be the most insecure friend I have. Your insight is usually on spot and to the point. The length of your post has never bothered me in the least. It's better than the pat my back, make excuses, my dog's bigger than your dog post that bore me to death. Keep posting away!

What does Bandys OL/DL look like?
SC OL/DL is big, athletic, and nasty! #52, #54, #55, and #56 will hit you in the mouth! Behind them is #12, 6’2” 205lb Suan Moore, running a 4.6 40.
Bandys gave up quit a few big runs to Foard in the first half. Just based off one game id say there d line is a weakness. So if running it up the gut is South Caldwells bread and butter Bandys may be in for long night defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT