ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 4

I talked to.a bandy's lineman at the gym couple weeks ago. He said he was the biggest starting lineman he was probably 6'1 he said he was 220 pounds. But the kid was strong as hell. He wrestles also.
Bandys gave up quit a few big runs to Foard in the first half. Just based off one game id say there d line is a weakness. So if running it up the gut is South Caldwells bread and butter Bandys may be in for long
night defensive.

He said starter also. Could be bigger kids on team no starting 🤷🏼‍♂️

And no I'm not telling the names of people. That's one thing I'm not doing is snitching, nobody ever hits 100% of the rumors

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Maiden JV has the biggest lineman I’ve seen yet this season.
West Caldwell has the biggest offensive line around that I have seen. Look like Tarzan play like Jane.
We all know its not, "the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". Lineman today have to be able to run and pass block in the spread offense. You won't find many that are good at both. The lowest man wins on the run blocking and the pass blockers have to be able to move their feet and know what angle to take. I truly believe every play is determined by the OL and the DL.

We all know its not, "the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". Lineman today have to be able to run and pass block in the spread offense. You won't find many that are good at both. The lowest man wins on the run blocking and the pass blockers have to be able to move their feet and know what angle to take. I truly believe every play is determined by the OL and the DL.
Only in High School can a 165 pounder wear out a 300 pounder.

I can remember Tom Brown putting 165 to 180 lb guys on the line and making them play like they were 10 ft tall and bullet proof. It ain’t the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog!

Weather delay over here at Maiden….there ain’t a soul on visiting side. Mass exodus.

It don’t look good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lincolnton
Weather delay over here at Maiden….there ain’t soul on visiting side. Mass exodus.

It don’t look good.
MC, looking at the radar on the weather channel it looks like You’re going to get even more rain. It’s pouring here along with lightning and appears to be coming your way.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I know this is off subject and off conference and all but does Draughn literally have almost nothing after this year ends?

You kinda notice with some of these 1A schools they’ll have a great class of boys come through and leave then stink for years and years after. Kinda like Cherokee.

A school like Murphy and Andrews keeps talent around every year for some reason and of course Mt Airy and Tarboro so it don’t always be the case. I guess since we got Draughn game over with we as some CVACers can rally behind this little 1A wonder while they still have this class. Losing to Huss and almost letting EB come back on em’ leaves them suspect when they get into playoffs this year. I don’t see em going as deep as last year though but it’s fun to watch this QB while he’s there. He sure burned EB when he had time to throw.

But to add to all that EB shoulda won that game. Just dug too big of a hole in the beginning to come back (and no XP kick game) but for them to almost do it against a 1A team that is actually pretty good and ranked or soon to be and done what they done last year should tell you also some things that you can expect when the Cavs jump into CVAC action. I look forward to what we got after this bye week.

I know this is off subject and off conference and all but does Draughn literally have almost nothing after this year ends?

You kinda notice with some of these 1A schools they’ll have a great class of boys come through and leave then stink for years and years after. Kinda like Cherokee.

A school like Murphy and Andrews keeps talent around every year for some reason and of course Mt Airy and Tarboro so it don’t always be the case. I guess since we got Draughn game over with we as some CVACers can rally behind this little 1A wonder while they still have this class. Losing to Huss and almost letting EB come back on em’ leaves them suspect when they get into playoffs this year. I don’t see em going as deep as last year though but it’s fun to watch this QB while he’s there. He sure burned EB when he had time to throw.
I guess it depends on how liberal your county's district enforcement policy is.

Reactions: FormerDog38
EB RB Jacob Dillinger is 6 in the state in rushing of all high schools after 3 games. The kid is tough as nails and will hit you on defense too!! Ready for conference play after we rest this week!!
You got that right. He looks like he put on alittle muscle as well. A lot of those boys look that way as it’s been shared they hit the weight room hard. This young man also does track and his times was improving and progressing during the season in the 100 and 200.

The rushing style EB has looks a lot like South Cadlwells during the Butch years. If I was in town I’d def hit the South Bandys matchup tonight.

Is any CVAC gamer hitting up that one that they can leave updates and typed highlights?

It's another Football Friday! Good luck to everybody's team tonight and hopefully no major injuries occur. It soon will be fall weather for us all hopefully. Can you believe this is week #4 already?
I can believe it. Everything going by faster and faster. Just blink 2 or 3 times and it’ll be basketball season already. I’m sure West Caldwell fans can’t wait lol

South Caldwell and Bamdys should be a good gate sale tonight considering both teams improved, undefeated, and many teams are on their bye week. Just wondering if anyone is hitting that one that can shoot out some updates and stats periodically

South Caldwell and Bamdys should be a good gate sale tonight considering both teams improved, undefeated, and many teams are on their bye week. Just wondering if anyone is hitting that one that can shoot out some updates and stats periodically
Yes it should be ready to challenge the rest of the tough conference got to get the extra point thing fixed! same center snapping as last year that was the difference in the Draughn game. You could have a good team and finish sixth in this tough conference.Time will tell!!

Yes it should be ready to challenge the rest of the tough conference got to get the extra point thing fixed! same center snapping as last year that was the difference in the Draughn game. You could have a good team and finish sixth in this tough conference.Time will tell!!
Spot on. We only like what…had a playoff team almost beat and Lincolnton almost beat, and West Caldwell all of a sudden giving Bandys a game then we walk into West game with our best guys hurt and West coming off a moral victory and we still put more on em’ than Bandys did who beat us pretty good, wow, love this conference ha ha. Something tells me we could see the same kinda things this year minus West Caldwell. Pretty down to the wire games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT