ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 4 👋🏻

@amaidendevil

Was maiden missing kids last night? Close game.
1 starter. But we historically play bad when games are moved to Thursday. I think we were missing some fire and hype that is usually associated with Friday nights. I feel like next Friday against East Burke could be a big bounce back game. Because honestly things start firing in the fourth quarter Raheem finally came alive

Reactions: Maiden Creek
We don't recruit 🤣. Just the Italians heard about this amazing wonderful community called maiden that everyone wants to live in. And this family made the leap and KICKED rocks 🤣

Sounds good. I'm sure you can imagine a kid from Italy what he would be doing on a football team lol hint. It has something to do with Italian football 🤣
Hey, you'd better be careful about that stuff. The Pope is over there and he is a keen soccer fan. If he goes out there on that balcony and does the highball sign, all the Catholics will get mad at you.
Just up the road from here there is a convent and when the sisters get the word they might do something like put up a billboard that reads AMD with a big broad line through it similar to a no smoking sign.

Something else, yesterday you were talking about innovations at work, well, you know Marzette, the woman floor boss that nobody like because she is always calling someone in and giving them a write-up, and she likes to say real snooty things such as "at the end of the day, and as we speak, and we need to be on the same page," and she calls everybody "team" that one, you know. Word is, she's thinking about converting to Catholicism.

CVAC Pick ‘em
24 games

LTown Wolves - 24
Beamer24 - 23
Burkeforreal - 23
EB1977 - 23
amaidendevil - 22
WNCSportyguy95 - 22
BunkerHillBear12 - 21
Dadof23 - 21
Maiden Creek - 21
BoSoxGuy5 - 20
Lincolnton - 20
Wolf4Lyfe-20
AlwaysAWolf - 17
BigRedRKO - 17
One bad Newton pick down and I’d have the gold

What a difference a week makes. Maiden played great last week against a good 4A team. With a few breaks, we could have won the game. But Watauga got all the breaks. Last night, just the opposite. Maiden got all the breaks against Saint, yet struggled to win. Saint deserved a much closer final score than 29-6. I haven't seen a Maiden team sleep walk through a first half like that since the 2nd game of the (2008?) season when they went to the locker room trailing Foard 40-0.

Not sure what to make of this team. The defense is rock solid for the most part, but the offense seems to be underachieving considering the returning talent. I went into this season thinking that Maiden, Bunker Hill, WL, and Lincolnton were pretty much evenly matched. I hope that's still the case, but based on the non-conference results BH looks like the team to beat at this point, IMO.

What a difference a week makes. Maiden played great last week against a good 4A team. With a few breaks, we could have won the game. But Watauga got all the breaks. Last night, just the opposite. Maiden got all the breaks against Saint, yet struggled to win. Saint deserved a much closer final score than 29-6. I haven't seen a Maiden team sleep walk through a first half like that since the 2nd game of the (2008?) season when they went to the locker room trailing Foard 40-0.

Not sure what to make of this team. The defense is rock solid for the most part, but the offense seems to be underachieving considering the returning talent. I went into this season thinking that Maiden, Bunker Hill, WL, and Lincolnton were pretty much evenly matched. I hope that's still the case, but based on the non-conference results BH looks like the team to beat at this point, IMO.
Defense is solid...offense has a jekyll and Hyde thing going on. I'm positive it'll be addressed.

When they're on it's 30 points a half!

Next week I think you will see an improved offense. I have a feeling things will start clicking together better next week. The end of that game will get Saint Stephen's, Raheem finally started breaking out. If not a few mental mistakes could have made it even better for offense the second half.

We don't recruit 🤣. Just the Italians heard about this amazing wonderful community called maiden that everyone wants to live in. And this family made the leap and KICKED rocks 🤣
Finally got the scoop on this: It was the language barrier. He was supposed to go to Malta, not Maiden, Malta. That's where The Apostle Paul was shipwrecked, you know-It's on this side of Sicily.

Word is, some bearded travel agent they met on skype made the arrangements and that's where things got mixed up. Wonder who this whiskered, mysterious soul really is. Only clue is that he goes by initials...Uh Huh !
Bet you don't know nothing about that, do you AMD.

I would give you some business, maybe like a Caribbean vacation, but you'd probably put me on a one-way flight to Cuba.

Next week I think you will see an improved offense. I have a feeling things will start clicking together better next week. The end of that game will get Saint Stephen's, Raheem finally started breaking out. If not a few mental mistakes could have made it even better for offense the second half.
My basic question about Saint, based off of these boards do they have 2 or 3 guys maybe 4 about every year here and there that can really play and would be starters or good backups for Hickory and could play at next level but that they don’t mesh together as an overall team for this reason or that based off depth n such?

Finally got the scoop on this: It was the language barrier. He was supposed to go to Malta, not Maiden, Malta. That's where The Apostle Paul was shipwrecked, you know-It's on this side of Sicily.

Word is, some bearded travel agent they met on skype made the arrangements and that's where things got mixed up. Wonder who this whiskered, mysterious soul really is. Only clue is that he goes by initials...Uh Huh !
Bet you don't know nothing about that, do you AMD.

I would give you some business, maybe like a Caribbean vacation, but you'd probably put me on a one-way flight to Cuba.
Language barriers are a tricky thing. And I'm sure you would feel at home in Cuba all the cars would remind you of your prime years 🤣🤣

My basic question about Saint, based off of these boards do they have 2 or 3 guys maybe 4 about every year here and there that can really play and would be starters or good backups for Hickory and could play at next level but that they don’t mesh together as an overall team for this reason or that based off depth n such?
Don't know too much about that I really don't get my toe into hickory much besides hwy 70 🤣

Language barriers are a tricky thing. And I'm sure you would feel at home in Cuba all the cars would remind you of your prime years 🤣🤣
Yeah, got a cousin and I could imagine what she'd say: "He's whure, Cuber ? How the h--- did he get down there ? Well, then, don't y'all brang him back, no sir, leave his a-- down thare, now I mean that ! It's thuh place furheem... H--- they'll problie vote him in as mare." 🤠

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT