ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 3

Don't know if anyone posted it on this thread but Hibriten defeated West Caldwell 50-7. Looked like the hardest thing for the Panthers was to keep from scoring in the fourth quarter.

Also Newton-Conover beat East Rutherford 46-39 (sorry AMD) next game will be easier for you, but not for us as the Bunker Hill Bears come calling Friday after next.

I'm thinking Bandys was off this week. I called there and asked but they said they would get back to me, so I called back but the only thing they could tell me for certain is that when Lincolnton comes to Bandys in 2024 all Lincolnton sorts must show parole papers and leave out the visitors' exit.

Last edited:
We just lost to probably the best head coach and the best QB that we'll see this year, and possibly the best team that we'll see. However, very disappointing that the game wasn't more competitive. The offense did okay. 21 points and two deep drives that fell short, plus one miss to a wide receiver that was 10 yards behind the Watauga DB. The biggest problem was that Watauga was much quicker off the ball and much quicker to the ball on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Maiden didn't do anything well at any level on defense. If that doesn't change, they will not be a factor in the conference this season.
Gotta think too, Watauga has track boys and it shows at times out there on the field. This coach knows how to use their track speeds to their advantages

Sounded like a fantastic game played by Lincolnton against the state champs. 3A state champs at that. Moral victory in a non conf game. No CVAC can take you guys lightly after this.

No CVAC should take EB lightly either, they’ll get Fraley back at some point and if they get a kicking game going and improved they may be hard to handle. They do tend to keep good RBs limited. Like I said Draughn is tough and they got players back that were not playing against Huss and improved their game from that one as well.

Draughn is my team, my 1A team anyway but wasn’t pulling for them last night due to MANY of those EB boys had parents I went to school with. Can’t route against my classmates or my Alma Mater so to speak ha ha. Only if I had a kid out there playing for Draughn. Draughn got less size this year and losing Rector to graduation is a heavy loss but they’ll get through. That QB still on it for em. Love this rivalry

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Sounded like a fantastic game played by Lincolnton against the state champs. 3A state champs at that. Moral victory in a non conf game. No CVAC can take you guys lightly after this.

No CVAC should take EB lightly either, they’ll get Fraley back at some point and if they get a kicking game going and improved they may be hard to handle. They do tend to keep good RBs limited. Like I said Draughn is tough and they got players back that were not playing against Huss and improved their game from that one as well.

Draughn is my team, my 1A team anyway but wasn’t pulling for them last night due to MANY of those EB boys had parents I went to school with. Can’t route against my classmates or my Alma Mater so to speak ha ha. Only if I had a kid out there playing for Draughn. Draughn got less size this year and losing Rector to graduation is a heavy loss but they’ll get through. That QB still on it for em. Love this rivalry
just nice to see good games out of EB after all the bad ones last 10 years there. this team is tough and no quit bunch of guys!!

Wow couple of bad breaks this game could have went the other way. HB pass was open for the run. fake punt was supposed to be a pass receiver wide open. KJ tried to run instead but great group of kids and awesome game to watch!!

Wow couple of bad breaks this game could have went the other way. HB pass was open for the run. fake punt was supposed to be a pass receiver wide open. KJ tried to run instead but great group of kids and awesome game to watch!!
Yeah I think they’ll be more ready and improved when we face Maiden BH and Bandys. Even better when some come off of injuries. They were pretty equally matched last night, EB was more athletic and slightly better. We just wasn’t ready for some of those passes or that big run at the end of the game.

They probably did more when Apps former coaches son went there. But if you follow them on Twitter you see they put the work in.
Maiden's strength and conditioning program is getting better every year. Probably light years ahead of where it was just a few years ago. And they're still probably room for improvement. But you still have that age old adage "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

Maiden's strength and conditioning program is getting better every year. Probably light years ahead of where it was just a few years ago. And they're still probably room for improvement. But you still have that age old adage "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"
Unless you just have ungodly natural talent strength and conditioning is where it's at in high school.

Lincolnton finished a tough non conference play all 3A teams a week to rest up before being conference play. Wolves just focus on the next opponent 1 game at a time. In the words of old Coach Von Ray Harris "We have no rivals we hate everybody" play every game to win then move on to the next opponent. Stay in the Hunt!! STAY HUNGRY!

Jacob Dillinger , another over 200 yard performance he is third in the state in all in rushing yards 11 yards a carry!!
I'm kind of partial to East Burke. Mainly because BFR is an EB fan, even though his family will attend Draughn, but he has been on here many years and stood up for the Cavaliers.
Now, I have still another reason to like them. The running back mentioned above is my namesake (not the first name). How good it is to see someone with this name do well, considering that some of us (those in my family) are not exactly known for our, con tri butions to soci ety, if you get my drift.

Lincolnton finished a tough non conference play all 3A teams a week to rest up before being conference play. Wolves just focus on the next opponent 1 game at a time. In the words of old Coach Von Ray Harris "We have no rivals we hate everybody" play every game to win then move on to the next opponent. Stay in the Hunt!! STAY HUNGRY!
Thanks Countyline. Coach Harris lives on.

Watuagas offense is a well oiled machine. #4 is a quick elusive little bugger that can make plays with his arm or his legs. Truthfully I think their good not great. Their defense was a bit better last year. From what I heard they lost about as many seniors as Maiden did.

Watuagas offense is a well oiled machine. #4 is a quick elusive little bugger that can make plays with his arm or his legs. Truthfully I think their good not great. Their defense was a bit better last year. From what I heard they lost about as many seniors as Maiden did.
They did lose quite a few seniors but when you're the only School in the county and you're as big as they are you're pretty much replacing one for one everyone leaving athlete and size wise.

Bye week to rest a couple guys. looking for a good Maiden team for first conference game new season starts over!!

Bye week to rest a couple guys. looking for a good Maiden team for first conference game new season starts over!!
We need it, not sure when Fraley will be back but seems Dellinger is taking care of business dispite losing.

Don’t think Draughn is gonna hold up well against Mt Airy if they meet again cause in 3 games they’ve NOT been scored on yet and not scored less than 42. They’d prob put up 28 or more on Watauga and hold them to 7 or less. I just looked at them on Maxpreps out of curiosity. I’m sure Draughn will handle Andrews and Thomasville again. Murphy not doing bad this year either so that’s another one in the mix.

We need it, not sure when Fraley will be back but seems Dellinger is taking care of business dispite losing.

Don’t think Draughn is gonna hold up well against Mt Airy if they meet again cause in 3 games they’ve NOT been scored on yet and not scored less than 42. They’d prob put up 28 or more on Watauga and hold them to 7 or less. I just looked at them on Maxpreps out of curiosity. I’m sure Draughn will handle Andrews and Thomasville again. Murphy not doing bad this year either so that’s another one in the mix.
My airy will take it all again for sure!!we made to many mistakes against Draughn and still had a chance to win hats off to them but our extra point deal cost us 8 points we have to fix that!!That stop on the go ahead 2 pt conversion was big!!

My airy will take it all again for sure!!we made to many mistakes against Draughn and still had a chance to win hats off to them but our extra point deal cost us 8 points we have to fix that!!That stop on the go ahead 2 pt conversion was big!!
Yes it was. I thought we were the better team

you would think we had a soccer player that like football of course it was the snap that was the issue!!
I’m not sure what it was but that snap I agree and surely all those soccer players somebody can kick a stinkin ball. We need to correct that this bye week or we ain’t gonna be ready for a young Maiden team. Hop over to week 4 Flyrod starred for us we can rent and race there along with talking bout South Caldwell(only team in area playing this week playing Bandys)

In the meantime I’m gonna rejoice in Jesus salvation to my soul and turn on Panthers and see if Bryce Young is the real deal or all hype

Great service today in Boone, Clayton King was preaching. I nailed it down and believe that I’m SAVED. Amen !!

Reactions: Lincolnton
I’m not sure what it was but that snap I agree and surely all those soccer players somebody can kick a stinkin ball. We need to correct that this bye week or we ain’t gonna be ready for a young Maiden team. Hop over to week 4 Flyrod starred for us we can rent and race there along with talking bout South Caldwell(only team in area playing this week playing Bandys)

In the meantime I’m gonna rejoice in Jesus salvation to my soul and turn on Panthers and see if Bryce Young is the real deal or all hype

Great service today in Boone, Clayton King was preaching. I nailed it down and believe that I’m SAVED. Amen !!
Awesome to God be the glory!!

going to be trouble next year for Draughn for sure senior back field and some key players are gone and their JV team looks really weak!!just saying EB has a few freshman and that somp class has some talent good for a couple more years till middle school gets some more talent there!!

LOL, I don’t know. Heard we been targeted by West Caldwell as their first win.
If Cheerduck thinks you’re long-winded I know for sure he’s given me a pass.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT