ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 3

I told y’all we were suspect when we didn’t fair well at times against Freedom. It’s showing right now in this Draughn game.. 22 to 6 Draughn. Just went for 2 and got it.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
EB marching hard but it ain’t gonna be enough time. No passing game. May score again before end of 3rd. Oh bam. Dellinger on a long scamper 25 to 12 Draugh. Can’t do 2 pt or 1 pt. Not good come conf play. Let’s go Cavs comeback of the century let’s see it

Draughn getting nervous trying to milk clock now.. EB Defense coming to life. Well spoke too soon. Long pass completed downfield. Dang it!!

It’s a wrap 32 to 24 Draughn. Comeback was coming but cut short.

4th in conf unless something changes. That’s what it looks like after this game. A couple too many costly mistakes that set the Cavs back.

Draughn is one heck of a 1A team but no match for Mt Airy or Murphy or Tarboro

Watauga 47 Maiden 21

Final

Great game
I called this one in my predictions. Maiden is young and Watauga is a successful 4A program so I knew Watsuga would trick em up and get em. Very well coached. Figured it’d be closer.

Lost my EB prediction so I’ll take a hit on that one.

Talley up later see we’re we stand

I called this one in my predictions. Maiden is young and Watauga is a successful 4A program so I knew Watsuga would trick em up and get em. Very well coached. Figured it’d be closer.

Lost my EB prediction so I’ll take a hit on that one.

Talley up later see we’re we stand
A lot of uncharacteristic dumb mistakes tonight.

We just lost to probably the best head coach and the best QB that we'll see this year, and possibly the best team that we'll see. However, very disappointing that the game wasn't more competitive. The offense did okay. 21 points and two deep drives that fell short, plus one miss to a wide receiver that was 10 yards behind the Watauga DB. The biggest problem was that Watauga was much quicker off the ball and much quicker to the ball on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Maiden didn't do anything well at any level on defense. If that doesn't change, they will not be a factor in the conference this season.

A lot of uncharacteristic dumb mistakes tonight.
Same here. Cut a couple of ours out been a different game.

What’s gonna hurt EB this year is no passing attack and no kicker. An all rushing offense ain’t bad if the D can hold up after they get the ball back but also we don’t have a row of 6’5 310 boys on Oline

Overall EB had the better athletes but Draughn just playing a better game and getting EB off their lanes on D. Draughn will go to playoffs, should win their conf or May win i but will struggle more in playoffs as opposed to last year. EB will scratch and bite their way to a POSSIBLE playoff spot but may be one and don. Can they improve after all this, I believe so. Gotta get Fraley back that’ll help

East Lincoln 28 Lincolnton 14 Would have posted occasional updates but forgot and left my phone in the car. Overall, EL is better than us. They have a good running and passing game but their forte is defense, especially their front. They definitely hit hard and we had trouble with the run, they have speed and they had some depth that we didn't.

We were aggravating to them and made some progress ourselves with the run and through the air. Last week, I didn't feel like we played and entire game. There are those who would take issue with this but tonight, I thought we did. Also, we hit them every bit as hard as they hit us.
Twice we were in the red zone and didn't score because of mistakes (an interception and a snap that went over the quarterback's head. Had we scored on one of those it would have been an actually close game, not that we would have won but momentum wise rather than numbers.
Congratulations to East on their win.

Side note: Kudos to East Lincoln's sophomore quarterback G. Lawless, who got blindsided deep in his own territory to the sound of a deep thud. He is a tall slender guy and I thought he might stay down for a moment but he did not. He hopped back up and casually flipped the ball to the official as if nothing happened.

Thanks for the effort Wolves. Way to stand up to them. Keep trying !

We just lost to probably the best head coach and the best QB that we'll see this year, and possibly the best team that we'll see. However, very disappointing that the game wasn't more competitive. The offense did okay. 21 points and two deep drives that fell short, plus one miss to a wide receiver that was 10 yards behind the Watauga DB. The biggest problem was that Watauga was much quicker off the ball and much quicker to the ball on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Maiden didn't do anything well at any level on defense. If that doesn't change, they will not be a factor in the conference this season.
Hopefully we get a corner back in a week or 2. Had a good linebacker in street clothes tonight. But defense we get better. Still young kids getting a hang of everything. But really a lot to do with watauga being a really talented and well coached 4a program

It’s a wrap 32 to 24 Draughn. Comeback was coming but cut short.

4th in conf unless something changes. That’s what it looks like after this game. A couple too many costly mistakes that set the Cavs back.

Draughn is one heck of a 1A team but no match for Mt Airy or Murphy or Tarboro
They seem to be getting better each week. Last year they said that they weren’t a match for Andrews and we saw how that played out. Take it one game at a time and get better each week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT