ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 3

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Bandys (2-0, 0-0) bye
Bunker Hill (2-0, 0-0) bye
East Burke (2-0, 0-0) at Draughn (1-1)
Lincolnton (0-2, 0-0) at East Lincoln (2-0)
Maiden (1-0, 0-0) vs Watuaga (2-0)
Newton-Conover (0-2, 0-0) at East Rutherford (1-1)
West Caldwell (0-2, 0-0) vs Hibriten (1-1)
West Lincoln (2-0, 0-0) vs Fred T Ford (0-2)

Bandys (2-0, 0-0) bye
Draughn by 10
East by 7
Watuage by 10
NC by 14
Hibriten by 30
West by 30

Well, flyrod put this up a couple hours ago. No one has responded to it so I'll go ahead. I can make decisions pretty quick, but maybe that's why I'm the perennial cellar dweller.

East Burke over Draughn: The Wildcats have been a tough bunch and this one is at "Draughn High School, Exit 113 VALDESE", but I pick the Cavaliers by 6. Come on, BFR. You were wanting a blowout at Fat Friday but it says something for EB to win that one. Rivalry games are different.

Newton-Conover over East Rutherford: The Red Devils take this on by 14. It's good they aren't playing some of the Cavalier teams from the old days with Jimmy Rodgers, Gary Dotson and Lewis Jolley.

Hibriten over West Caldwell: Sorry Warriors but the Panther win big. If by 30, then they have taken it easy on you.

West Lincoln over Fred T. Foard: West by 30. The school fight song (Foggy Mountain Breakdown) will get played a lot.

Maiden over Watauga: I don't know about this one. The Pioneers beat what might be a decent T.C. Roberson team, last Friday, by a point. They (Watauga) had a lot of seniors, last year, but they're playing in Maiden. Going with the Blue Devils by a point.

Lincolnton over East Lincoln: I don't pick against the Wolves and never will. Lincolnton by 1. You know, I'd rather lose to the Damash Tehran Football Club than to lose to you. Your on top now and I congratulate your success but sooner or later we'll overcome it. :)This isn't the emoji I'd like to post but let us not be so gaudy.

I figure bears will be lurking all over maiden this week before they play their pop warner team next week. Everyone may need to carry some bear spray on them Friday night

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think we may see a train derailment in valdese Friday night. Looks like some chinks in the cavalier armor. So I think draughn takes this one.
East Lincoln sends Lincolnton to 0-3.. sorry @Lincolnton
Never beat against the devil unless he's going to Georgia. I got maiden beating watauga.
Newton gets 1st win against a bad east Rutherford team.
Hibriten in essentially a bye week.
West Lincoln wins against their bizarro Superman. They look like each other but that's where all ends 😂😂.

Okay game of the week Maiden versus watauga. I expect this game to be close.with maiden winning and even in the end if watauga somehow pulls it off. It's a better learning experience playing up against a good 4a school then scheduling a powder puff schedule to pad ur record and stats. Last year lost to watauga helped our team more than scheduling a push over just

Thanks AMD. After these next two games our guys will be bruised and battered but we will be tested. Simmons has our strength of schedule at number 5 in 2A. I'm hoping we can play our best at least against one of them.

Friday night might be a tough one for the Devils. The heat gets turned way up with the Pioneers in front of you and Bears sitting up in the stands behind you. Wondered how concerned you are about it.

Thanks AMD. After these next two games our guys will be bruised and battered but we will be tested. Simmons has our strength of schedule at number 5 in 2A. I'm hoping we can play our best at least against one of them.

Friday night might be a tough one for the Devils. The heat gets turned way up with the Pioneers in front of you and Bears sitting up in the stands behind you. Wondered how concerned you are about it.
Concerned I'm not. We are taking on a challenge. I'd rather be in our boat than playing a home school. I know if watauga pulls it out against us. We will be talked about as if we are done for and it's all over. But we know differently and will just come after everyone else with more fire and brimstone.

Concerned I'm not. We are taking on a challenge. I'd rather be in our boat than playing a home school. I know if watauga pulls it out against us. We will be talked about as if we are done for and it's all over. But we know differently and will just come after everyone else with more fire and brimstone.
Overall the Blue Devil's schedule is rated lower than Bunker Hills. You play who you schedule and Watauga is coming to Maiden with the reminder to what happened two years ago. That Maiden team had more talent and experience than your current team. I see the Pioneers enforcing their will 35 -14 over your team this week. No matter how you claim they won because they're 4A or whatever, someone decide to schedule the game. I hope it's beneficial to the Blue Devils.

Bandys (2-0, 0-0) bye
East Burke by 14
EL by 20
Maiden by 6
N-C by 13
Hibriten by 21
West Lincoln by 14

Overall the Blue Devil's schedule is rated lower than Bunker Hills. You play who you schedule and Watauga is coming to Maiden with the reminder to what happened two years ago. That Maiden team had more talent and experience than your current team. I see the Pioneers enforcing their will 35 -14 over your team this week. No matter how you claim they won because they're 4A or whatever, someone decide to schedule the game. I hope it's beneficial to the Blue Devils.
We had a team backout so it was nearly impossible to find a home game

I have to disagree with the schedule part we play 8 of the same opponents. They had freedom who may be a notch above Foard. We have watauga way above hickory Hawks homeschool school. Yes we scheduled them and we are fine with that. I stand by me saying no matter outcome we will come out better for it and I believe we will get better every week of the season with experience

Have to admire your confidence, AMD. Last year when the devils lost to Watauga they went on an 11 game win streak.
I have to admit, my post asking if you're concerned, I deliberately threw Bunker Hill in there to get you worked up, but I didn't want to do it too much. I can tell when that happens because you start talking about the fires of hell and such, course you did that a little bit in this one but you only mentioned brimstone. ;)

I have to disagree with the schedule part we play 8 of the same opponents. They had freedom who may be a notch above Foard. We have watauga way above hickory Hawks homeschool school. Yes we scheduled them and we are fine with that. I stand by me saying no matter outcome we will come out better for it and I believe we will get better every week of the season with experience
AMD, Cheerduck's post was pretty straightforward and he didn't pull any punches, but you answered with a calm, civil, well-thought-out rebuttal. I know that beneath the surface you're a pretty sharp guy, but usually your responses ain't exactly soft. Have you went and joined Toastmasters International ? :)

AMD, Cheerduck's post was pretty straightforward and he didn't pull any punches, but you answered with a calm, civil, well-thought-out rebuttal. I know that beneath the surface you're a pretty sharp guy, but usually your responses ain't exactly soft. Have you went and joined Toastmasters International ? :)
Lol I'm a multifaceted person. Who knows my audience and proper responses 😂

Standings

# of correct picks after 15 games

eb1977 14
Maiden Creek 14
Amaidendevil 13
Blueschool18 13
Burkeforreal 13
Devils-24 Blue 13
Formerdog38 13
Wolf4Lyfe 13
BunkerHillBear12 12
TunnelSmoke 12
Lincolnton 11

Titanman27 8
BoSoxGuy 6
Fire Ant 6

Well I guess y’all have to listen to my trash for alittle bit. I lost one last week I had big faith in those wolves and they let me down. Not sure what it is North Lincoln and these 1 point games. They do have a big time track man on the team in Sellers. I’m not sure yet what position he plays.

This weeks Burke man’s sweet picks let’s get into this:

East Burke and Draughn- ALOT you can say bout this one and ALOT on the line as far as county and respect but good thing it’s not conference action. Some say EB some say Draughn. Bulk running vrs big time passing. I’m gonna say EB in a thriller and go on heart. It could go either way. EB got more athletes on this but 2 of them won’t be in the game so leaves a level of concern. They’ll be back when it really counts. Get there early for the Feud. Concerned cause EB didn’t bring down a young QB but once against a bad Oline. That will have to improve this week

EL and Lincolnton- pretty much EL in this one. Can’t see how it can be the other way but I do look for Lincolnton to fight hard

NC and ER- NC all day

Hibriten kills West

Watauga ans Maiden- Watauga cause of tricked up plays and Maidens youth in a super close one.

Newton Conover takes care of business. Impressed with scoring on Hickory as much as they did in a losing effort last week.

West Lincoln all day.

Pretty easy picks except EB game and Maiden game

Well I guess y’all have to listen to my trash for alittle bit. I lost one last week I had big faith in those wolves and they let me down. Not sure what it is North Lincoln and these 1 point games. They do have a big time track man on the team in Sellers. I’m not sure yet what position he plays.

This weeks Burke man’s sweet picks let’s get into this:

East Burke and Draughn- ALOT you can say bout this one and ALOT on the line as far as county and respect but good thing it’s not conference action. Some say EB some say Draughn. Bulk running vrs big time passing. I’m gonna say EB in a thriller and go on heart. It could go either way. EB got more athletes on this but 2 of them won’t be in the game so leaves a level of concern. They’ll be back when it really counts. Get there early for the Feud. Concerned cause EB didn’t bring down a young QB but once against a bad Oline. That will have to improve this week

EL and Lincolnton- pretty much EL in this one. Can’t see how it can be the other way but I do look for Lincolnton to fight hard

NC and ER- NC all day

Hibriten kills West

Watauga ans Maiden- Watauga cause of tricked up plays and Maidens youth in a super close one.

Newton Conover takes care of business. Impressed with scoring on Hickory as much as they did in a losing effort last week.

West Lincoln all day.

Pretty easy picks except EB game and Maiden game
I was at hickory Newton game and yes Newton is explosive on offense but honestly hickory let up on the gas and had some sloppy tackling on top of that. But Newton will make u pay with speed if u let them play in space

Okay people...I hate to ruin the fun but let's be upfront about factual information.

#1 - sometimes you can't help who you schedule. It is what it is. No fault to BH. They got who they could. Maiden was fortunate to get solid comp locked in for a 4 year deal.

#2 - for Maiden, WTG ranked 36 and FTF ranked 363 = avg rank of 199.5 - while - for BH, Freedom ranked 176 and HH ranked 306 = avg rank of 241

It's clear Maiden has the tougher schedule as of today. It'll change weekly but this isn't something to debate. It's one or the other each week.

Good luck to BH...may we both be undefeated when we meet and give BH the largest gate they've ever had. A lot of football until then.

Let the Smoke Roooollllll

I got to admit...reading the words "enforcing their will" really turned my head half way around and caused one eye to roll back...but I respect your opinion Mr. Duck.

I'll let our play Friday be my response.

I was at hickory Newton game and yes Newton is explosive on offense but honestly hickory let up on the gas and had some sloppy tackling on top of that. But Newton will make u pay with speed if u let them play in space
You must be talking bout Sifford. Dude can move I know. Fastest man in CVAC and he will make some noise this spring. Track might be his main sport and what he does in college but if he bulks up he may get a pigskin deal or may get one anyway just at a smaller school. We’ll see.

I’m other news as far as level of play in CVAC, I gotta put my Cavs on probation over that Freedom game lol. Yes they won, put out the drought(for now) and played good and Freedom has athletes that will at least keep them from total blowouts this year. That game was not a blowout and had a down to the wire feel to it around middle of 3rd quarter.

All that being said, for now, I gotta give the BFR #4 position to Lincolnton on my top 4 anything goes finish in this tight conference. Reason being is they came back on North and just came up short so the momentum is on their side. Mad respect on that comeback on North cause North has athletes and can play as long as the mistakes are limited.

If EB can make some plays and defensive penetration against a tough 1A Draughn and win by 2 TD or better then I’ll move EB back up to 4 depending on how Lincolnton looks against a beast EL this Friday.

I got to admit...reading the words "enforcing their will" really turned my head half way around and caused one eye to roll back...but I respect your opinion Mr. Duck.

I'll let our play Friday be my response.
All due respect to the Maiden team and their tradition of competition. This game should be a good gauge on both programs early this season. I know you'll do your part to get the win.

Newton has an explosive offense for sure. The 2nd half HHS only threw 3 passes and Coach Glass used the run game to try to run clock. Our #2 guys got a lot of playing time, but played way off their short out patterns and their tackling left a lot to be desired. The fumble strip score N/C got is just one of those things. Our backup RB will learn from that. I also thought N/C wore down in the 4th quarter due to the heat and their lack of depth.

Newton has an explosive offense for sure. The 2nd half HHS only threw 3 passes and Coach Glass used the run game to try to run clock. Our #2 guys got a lot of playing time, but played way off their short out patterns and their tackling left a lot to be desired. The fumble strip score N/C got is just one of those things. Our backup RB will learn from that. I also thought N/C wore down in the 4th quarter due to the heat and their lack of deptlook very susceptible to the run.
Newton looks very susceptible to the run. Hickory almost had their way the whole game in rushing.

I’m other news as far as level of play in CVAC, I gotta put my Cavs on probation over that Freedom game lol. Yes they won, put out the drought(for now) and played good and Freedom has athletes that will at least keep them from total blowouts this year. That game was not a blowout and had a down to the wire feel to it around middle of 3rd quarter.

All that being said, for now, I gotta give the BFR #4 position to Lincolnton on my top 4 anything goes finish in this tight conference. Reason being is they came back on North and just came up short so the momentum is on their side. Mad respect on that comeback on North cause North has athletes and can play as long as the mistakes are limited.

If EB can make some plays and defensive penetration against a tough 1A Draughn and win by 2 TD or better then I’ll move EB back up to 4 depending on how Lincolnton looks against a beast EL this Fri

…"Good luck to BH...may we both be undefeated when we meet and give BH the largest gate they've ever had. A lot of football until then".
Excerpt of a post by GrizzlyDevil

I believe it ! On TV, once, I saw where the earth's magnetic fields makes an odd sound maybe like driving over frozen snow. That's what I'd think the Blue Devil nation sounds like en masse when they're on a road trip.
I asked AMD why he thought the earth's polls made such a sound. He said because Bunker Hill plays a home school team. Thank you.

• Haha
I will take a win I don't care how much we win by. Freedom only score on two missed tackles at the line. the other one was a bliz and the second half EB defense donated the line that safety was big. The fast RB never gain many yards other than that two break away runs. I felt like the score was not as close as it seemed. We don't score a lot of points ball control is the key!!

I will take a win I don't care how much we win by. Freedom only score on two missed tackles at the line. the other one was a bliz and the second half EB defense donated the line that safety was big. The fast RB never gain many yards other than that two break away runs. I felt like the score was not as close as it seemed. We don't score a lot of points ball control is the key!!
Your exactly right ball control is key. I never doubt em or hate on em’ I just point out little things that happen that may be suspect against a tougher team which we will face Friday. I know we can’t always go by team A beat team B so team C shouldn’t have a prob with team B kinda thing but this Friday what does make me feel good bout this one is Hunter Huss smacked em down at least for 2 and a half quarters before they climbed back to make it respectable. According to Draughn posters they was without a couple good players that looks to be suiting up against us. And it’s not like Huss is that good, I thought they would be ok but Hibriten beat ‘em the next game. I believe EB could take Huss, and Hibriten so I got a feeling this will be a hard game but not overwhelming. Looking forward to it and what we can do against our rival.

But I can’t be real upset if Draughn pulls it off cause I got family ties in the school. Prob what alot of EB fans may feel ha ha.

…"Good luck to BH...may we both be undefeated when we meet and give BH the largest gate they've ever had. A lot of football until then".
Excerpt of a post by GrizzlyDevil

I believe it ! On TV, once, I saw where the earth's magnetic fields makes an odd sound maybe like driving over frozen snow. That's what I'd think the Blue Devil nation sounds like en masse when they're on a road trip.
I asked AMD why he thought the earth's polls made such a sound. He said because Bunker Hill plays a home school team. Thank you.

Lol I see Lincolnton isn't known for its comedy 🤣🤣. That sound is the gates of hell opening and the meshing of lost souls past, that tempted the devil and was consumed by the fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT