ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 2

Overall view of this EB game. History made, drought put out, we won first time since 2010. But it was against one of the worst Freedom teams I ever saw so not sure if it’s a high spirited accomplished win. Offensive plays were kinda vanilla on EB, nice pile push’s for extra yards, a lot of short run plays that ate clock and D had some highlight stops but we allowed 2 huge runs for TDs and the RB wasn’t even a track star.

One sack….ONE!!! Against a line that the Hill had their way with. Penetration should improve but good stops throughout the game. Ain’t knocking em’

We gotta contain the outside runs better and stay on some blocks alittle better or we may get ate alive in CVAC action. Next week Draughn. This one for the county. Expecting hype crowds and tough seating in Rutherford college for this rivalry. A real Fat Friday ha ha. Might wanna get there early, no we’re near the seat room as East Burke. Usually a not so packed game but with big braggging rights on the line expect the crowd.

For now we’ll take that 13 year deal and celebrate. More on the Draughn game later, let’s save conversation
Second half EB defense came to play but we have a few mistakes to fixed but I will take the win!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Bandys just overpower them this year. Weapons everywhere
Bunker Hill in a what I think will be tougher than expected
EB with a blow out win
Lincolnton has so many fast kids its unreal. Speed kills
Hickory gets the edge for me, but I can't wait to see how this one plays out
West Iredell going to ground and pound this one to victory
West Lincoln by 14. I love their playbook
Tried to tell yall

Great win for EB even if people want to say Freedom was not as good who cares a win is a win. EB has come alive and is a physical team now so hats off to all that has made EB football come back!!Weight room for the last four years with theses senior has made a big difference. When you sit in the stand and hear a dad complain because everything don't go perfect this gets old. go help with the coaching if you don't like it!! These coaches bust their butts off all week !!Rant over go EB Keep the winning going for next week!!

Great win for EB even if people want to say Freedom was not as good who cares a win is a win. EB has come alive and is a physical team now so hats off to all that has made EB football come back!!Weight room for the last four years with theses senior has made a big difference. When you sit in the stand and hear a dad complain because everything don't go perfect this gets old. go help with the coaching if you don't like it!! These coaches bust their butts off all week !!Rant over go EB Keep the winning going for next week!!
“Fat Friday” win. 😉

Reactions: Lincolnton
Why did the East Burke lineman quit the team
I personally don’t know any of the kids just by name and face looking at a program and hearing comments in the stands. I just noticed that he was not in the program and I was scratching my head and I ask about him and I parent behind me said that he quit, just an attitude thing I guess or a big disagreement or somebody just being a kid and needing to grow out of some things he has one more year so I hope he comes back. I mean I really hope he comes back because after this group graduates, I hate to imagine the drought in athletes and talent and wins Will be afterwards next year they may be OK to a certain degree but this is the year that they will have to make something happen if they are going to make something happen for the most part

I personally don’t know any of the kids just by name and face looking at a program and hearing comments in the stands. I just noticed that he was not in the program and I was scratching my head and I ask about him and I parent behind me said that he quit, just an attitude thing I guess or a big disagreement or somebody just being a kid and needing to grow out of some things he has one more year so I hope he comes back. I mean I really hope he comes back because after this group graduates, I hate to imagine the drought in athletes and talent and wins Will be afterwards next year they may be OK to a certain degree but this is the year that they will have to make something happen if they are going to make something happen for the most part
Kj's brother did not come back this year issues away from football from what someone was saying!! He would have been a starter I would think. JR Caden Buff still out and Fraley with a quad injury he might be back in Oct is the only ones with a injury as of now!! Without sports kids seem to get in trouble so hope he comes back for his senior year.

Last edited:
Kj's brother did not come back this year issues away from football from what someone was saying!! He would have been a JR Caden Buff and Fraley with a quad injury he might be back in Oct is the only ones with a injury as of now!! Without sports kids seem to get in trouble so hope he comes back for his senior year.
Those quad muscle injuries can be rough. If u don't let them fully heal they can linger all season.

Hope Monte Simmons is out at West Caldwell after this year because I’ve heard if they were not improvement he would be gone. And they get worse each year under his leadership.

They have a football team at West Caldwell ?? 🤔 🤣🤣
It's not Coach Simmons fault. There is very little talent at WC. There are only a few schools in Western NC as talent deficient as the West Caldwell Warriors. Foard, Patton, Cherryville, Rosman are the ones that come to mind that can rival West Caldwell's lack of Football type kids.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
It's not Coach Simmons fault. There is very little talent at WC. There are only a few schools in Western NC as talent deficient as the West Caldwell Warriors. Foard, Patton, Cherryville, Rosman are the ones that come to mind that can rival West Caldwell's lack of Football type kids.
Not necessarily true. There's talent in the area it's just they all run off to other schools because of the historical poor play of football at West Caldwell.

It's not Coach Simmons fault. There is very little talent at WC. There are only a few schools in Western NC as talent deficient as the West Caldwell Warriors. Foard, Patton, Cherryville, Rosman are the ones that come to mind that can rival West Caldwell's lack of Football type

Now that’s a funny statement right there.

I will say this Monte Simmons did not create the problem at West but he is not the coach that can build and lead that program back to respectability. And they are talent at West but with the poor coaching they will continue to struggle. He should resign because they continue to get worse each year. And I think he is a great guy just not a very good football coach.

Reactions: FormerDog38
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT