ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 2

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Lets get it stared for week #2.

Bandys (1-0, 0-0) at Fred T. Foard (0-1)
Bunker Hill (1-0, 0-0) at St. Stephens (0-1)
East Burke (1-0, 0-0) vs Freedom (0-1)
Lincolnton (0-1, 0-0) vs North Lincoln (0-1)
Maiden (1-0, 0-0) bye
Newton-Conover (0-1, 0-0) vs Hickory (1-0)
West Caldwell (0-1, 0-0) at West Iredell (1-0)
West Lincoln (1-0, 0-0) at Cherryville (0-1)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Bandy's by a country green mile.
Bunker Hill wins but I'll pray for a miracle.
East Burke freedom just don't have the weapons for this fight.
Lincolnton will out speed north Lincoln.
Maiden will not lose. 🤣
Hickory over Newton as doubt sets into the programs head.
West iredell because I'm starting to think west Caldwell will never win a game.
West Lincoln will out tough cherryville.

Bandys all over Fred T Ford
Bunker Hill wins
EB wins big again in week 2
Lincolnton speed will be too much for NL
Hickory in a close one
West Iredell runs over WC big
West Lincoln wins no brainer
Welcome to the thread.

I know you’re having a good weekend…get ‘em again today!….Yankees dont want none.😉

Reactions: Burkeforreal
K guys I think it was Grizz that kept the CVAC poster W/L chart. Maybe I can’t remember but yeah get that one started. Start from scratch ha ha

Burkes pearl of wisdom picks :

Bandys at Foard: maybe start the Bandys middle school just so it’d be close? All Bandys in a yawn

Bunker Hill at Saint: too much of the Hill, may get ugly before the 1st ends. But Saint could work out the first game jitters and hang alittle but it won’t be enough. The Hill by 21 or more

Freedom at EB: NOW…we got us a game and a much needed win that’s been nonexistent for 10 or 11 years on the side of the Cavs. Got a feeling this one gonna be different. Freedom will come to play just because it’s a rivalry. EB with the edge by 7 or maybe more if the hype is real.

Lincolnton and North Lincoln: oughta be hard fought game due to rival hype. I’ll give Lincolnton the edge by 14 cause it seems like the Knights don’t want it or care enough and if that’s the case it may be more. Close source says North is terrible this year. Hey just telling you what the man said.

Newton and Hickory: All Hickory. A rival game that I believe goes back to days the boys were hitting the Germans in the trenches. Lots of tradition with this one. Hickory by 21.

West Caldwell and West Iredell- sissy fight game with the Iredell boys having the better hand with 14.

West Lincoln and Cherryville- when was the last time this rivalry competitive? West by whatever

CVAC nonconfernce game of the week- what will it be and why?

My vote is EB and Freedom: goes way back, usually Freedom more athletic 90% of the time but I do believe it’s the other way around this year and for good reason.

Hickory and Newton too predictable. Lincolnton and North I dunno, sour look on North it don’t bring the spirit into this one. West and Cherryville has historic value but ehhh. What y’all think?

Choices this week I could go to Mallard Creek and watch Buford over the top high school teams in the nation play. I could go to the Newton and hickory game and rag on all the Newton fans. Or the bandy's Foard game and pat all the tiger fans on the back while spying on bandys

Choices this week I could go to Mallard Creek and watch Buford over the top high school teams in the nation play. I could go to the Newton and hickory game and rag on all the Newton fans. Or the bandy's Foard game and pat all the tiger fans on the back while spying on bandys

Or come see East Burke. Good food good people, large stadium. Spy on the team that very well May surprise everybody this year.

I have went to one Mallard Creek game in 2013. Dude I could bout promise you Mallard Creek was so good against Butler and so athletic that it appeared they ran the same run play THE ENTIRE GAME. Left 3rd quarter, same play couldn’t stop it, defense shut down Butler, got ugly, we bounced.

Another East Burke fan y'all reproduce like rabbits or at least like LittleJohn's in Lincolnton 🤣🤣
You're really good, AMD, you're really good, you ! Don't let anybody ever tell you different, don't you do it ! Lot of class there buddy, lots of class ! And the great first impression you left on the new poster, amazing !

Bandy's by a country green mile.
Bunker Hill wins but I'll pray for a miracle.
East Burke freedom just don't have the weapons for this fight.
Lincolnton will out speed north Lincoln.
Maiden will not lose. 🤣
Hickory over Newton as doubt sets into the programs head.
West iredell because I'm starting to think west Caldwell will never win a game.
West Lincoln will out tough cherryville.
We not losing get that miracle out of your head

Or come see East Burke. Good food good people, large stadium. Spy on the team that very well May surprise everybody this year.

I have went to one Mallard Creek game in 2013. Dude I could bout promise you Mallard Creek was so good against Butler and so athletic that it appeared they ran the same run play THE ENTIRE GAME. Left 3rd quarter, same play couldn’t stop it, defense shut down Butler, got ugly, we bounced.
103.3 and Big Dawg 92.1 has the game this week and next at EB

Bandys over Foard by 18

Bunker Hill over St. Stephens by 14- This year, the hill will be really hard to climb.

East Burke over Freedom by 10- Would have picked it closer because of intra-county rivals until I read what Beamer posted. Still may be close but this is the year of the Cavalier in Burke County and maybe elsewhere.

Hickory over Newton-Conover The Red Devils might buckle down and play hard, motivated by rivalry, but even that isn't going to help them. This year the Red Tornadoes will be very tough to beat (for Anyone). Happy for my friend Cheerduck.

West Iredell over West Caldwell I'm sure I read some where that West Iredell had something like 90 come out for football. If so, that's incredible. Most coaches could make a good team from that many. I predict the Warriors to win, and to lose, too. West Iredell by 28.

West Lincoln over Cherryville by 20 These two used not like each other, I'm not sure about now, but Some years ago (This one particular year) both the Ironmen and Rebel were pretty equal, and their game was played at West. Both sides were looking for a win. Finally with just a couple of minutes left it was obvious who would win, and I think it was West Lincoln. The atmosphere was so tense that the law enforcement told everybody if they ran onto the field after the game and started fighting each other that they would release attack dogs to bite them, so nobody acted up.

Lincolnton over North Lincoln by 12 This thing about North Lincoln being disheartened is not correct, and that goes double when they play Lincolnton. This was started by a certain poster on these boards whose name I'll not divulge so as not to embarrass him and to avoid him wanting beating me up the next time he sees me, but I can tell you his screen moniker rhymes with amaidenbevel.
Frankly, I think this game will be close. If it is more than 7, and I'm hoping it is, it is because we might be a bit quicker. Listen, it's an easy rule:
If you live in Lincoln County and are a high school football fan and a fan of any other team in Lincoln County besides Lincolnton then you hate Lincolnton and all of us kindly Lincolnton sorts !

*Disclaimer, this hate rule is not applicable to the lady down the street who is an East Lincoln alumna who is married to a fine wolf and who has a fine son who played on our last state championship team in 2007.

K guys I think it was Grizz that kept the CVAC poster W/L chart. Maybe I can’t remember but yeah get that one started. Start from scratch ha ha

Bandys at Foard: maybe start the Bandys middle school just so it’d be close? All Bandys in a yawn

Bunker Hill at Saint: too much of the Hill, may get ugly before the 1st ends. But Saint could work out the first game jitters and hang alittle but it won’t be enough. The Hill by 21 or more

Freedom at EB: NOW…we got us a game and a much needed win that’s been nonexistent for 10 or 11 years on the side of the Cavs. Got a feeling this one gonna be different. Freedom will come to play just because it’s a rivalry. EB with the edge by 7 or maybe more if the hype is real.

Lincolnton and North Lincoln: oughta be hard fought game due to rival hype. I’ll give Lincolnton the edge by 14 cause it seems like the Knights don’t want it or care enough and if that’s the case it may be more. Close source says North is terrible this year. Hey just telling you what the man said.

Newton and Hickory: All Hickory. A rival game that I believe goes back to days the boys were hitting the Germans in the trenches. Lots of tradition with this one. Hickory by 21.

West Caldwell and West Iredell- sissy fight game with the Iredell boys having the better hand with 14.

West Lincoln and Cherryville- when was the last time this rivalry competitive? West by whatever

My vote is EB and Freedom: goes way back, usually Freedom more athletic 90% of the time but I do believe it’s the other way around this year and for good reason.

Hickory and Newton too predictable. Lincolnton and North I dunno, sour look on North it don’t bring the spirit into this one. West and Cherryville has historic value but ehhh. What y’all think?
If EB can defend the pass we can be a good team last week they were in the Back field before the QB had time to throw but Freedom has a lot more speed I don't think Freedom has lost in 11 years not sure BFR maybe

If EB can defend the pass we can be a good team last week they were in the Back field before the QB had time to throw but Freedom has a lot more speed I don't think Freedom has lost in 11 years not sure BFR maybe
It has been a while since EB has walked away with the big fat Friday. Not so fat anymore with 2 more
Schools around but hey, I’ll take less kids and more playing time any day.

If they were in the backfield rushing their QB, chances are every team will be doing that against Patton. I wasn’t there but sounds like Patton just don’t have it and this year that would be Freedom from what the posters are saying. However EB is bringing the heat this year. I been telling people on here and the first ultimate test(disarray or no disarray) will be this Friday.

How’s the RBs looking and KJ as a QB?

It has been a while since EB has walked away with the big fat Friday. Not so fat anymore with 2 more

If they were in the backfield rushing their QB, chances are every team will be doing that against Patton. I wasn’t there but sounds like Patton just don’t have it and this year that would be Freedom from what the posters are saying. However EB is bringing the heat this year. I been telling people on here and the first ultimate test(disarray or no disarray) will be this Friday.

Kaden, freedoms QB is good and has talent. But he has line that let's people through like shit through a goose. 🪿. Poor kid has the whole area putting "the savior" pressure on his shoulders but he's a sophomore and can't do it a lone. They have athletes but none of that matters if the line disappears at snap. Told by 2 people last week freedom had ball on their own 6 yard line snap came and defense pushed every lineman back into the QB to the end zone for a safety

Reactions: Dinglebear
Kaden, freedoms QB is good and has talent. But he has line that let's people through like shit through a goose. 🪿. Poor kid has the whole area putting "the savior" pressure on his shoulders but he's a sophomore and can't do it a lone. They have athletes but none of that matters if the line disappears at snap. Told by 2 people last week freedom had ball on their own 6 yard line snap came and defense pushed every lineman back into the QB to the end zone for a safety
Yeah somethings up with that. Nobody’s line except maybe Highland Tech is THAT bad.

Played both QB but all looked good but the only time we did not score was change of the half and the end of game clock. But Freedom has Athlete's so you never know.

Yes...it was me. Taking a step back this year. More of a reader during the season. A lot on my plate. Good luck to your Cavs this Friday.

Standings

Titanman27. 8-0
Maiden Creek. 8-0
Wolf4Lyfe. 7-0
Amaidendevil. 7-1
Blueschool18 7-1
Burkeforreal. 7-1
eb1977. 7-1
Formerdog38 7-1
BunkerHillBear12. 6-2
Devils-24 Blue. 6-2
TunnelSmoke. 6-2
Lincolnton. 5-3

Reactions: BlueSchool18
I know i’ll get lambasted for this….but boys!… I’ll tell ya….Foard had a good looking football team. Great size at every position and they were athletic too. I’ll get lambasted for this too…since I’m a homer…but Maiden played pert near flawless for an opener. One of the best I’ve witnessed in years. I saw some clips on Foard scrimmaging Cherryville and West Caldwell….Foard appeared to me to be dominant in those scrimmages. I guess I’m saying…Foard by far ain’t the worst team in our area…they could go 0-10…but I’m thinking they’ll win a game or two.

Alright…have at it!…tear me to shreds!😂

I know i’ll get lambasted for this….but boys!… I’ll tell ya….Foard had a good looking football team. Great size at every position and they were athletic too. I’ll get lambasted for this too…since I’m a homer…but Maiden played pert near flawless for an opener. One of the best I’ve witnessed in years. I saw some clips on Foard scrimmaging Cherryville and West Caldwell….Foard appeared to me to be dominant in those scrimmages. I guess I’m saying…Foard by far ain’t the worst team in our area…they could go 0-10…but I’m thinking they’ll win a game or two.

No they do look better good size they should get better with time!!

Lets get it stared for week #2.

Bandys (1-0, 0-0) at Fred T. Foard (0-1)
Bunker Hill (1-0, 0-0) at St. Stephens (0-1)
East Burke (1-0, 0-0) vs Freedom (0-1)
Lincolnton (0-1, 0-0) vs North Lincoln (0-1)
Maiden (1-0, 0-0) bye
Newton-Conover (0-1, 0-0) vs Hickory (1-0)
West Caldwell (0-1, 0-0) at West Iredell (1-0)
West Lincoln (1-0, 0-0) at Cherryville (0-1)
Bandys by 21
Bears by 28
EB by 21
Lincolnton by 14
Hickory by 10
West Iredell by 17
West Lincoln by 21

Anyone looks dominate playing West Caldwell and Cherryville ha ha oh wait except Highland Texh. I’ll take your word for it on Foard looking like a good team and good size. They could be something if they had a Watauga type coach working with em and getting more guys out.

Best Foard team so far that I’ve ever remembered was 05’ SOLID class of guys. Kicked serious butt, not sure what round they made it to but they’ve NEVER came even half way close to whatever tallent they had in that class. Sorta similar to Hickory’s class of 97’ (1996 season) but not as talented or flashy.

Cheerduck fill us in on this Foard 05’ team

Good assessment. Foard has been down at the middle school level for a few years and the rec program used to have many players. It takes time to build a program with those tangibles in the mix. There is talent at Foard for football, but it hasn't been the priority the last few years. I'd take you as a bonus fan for my Red Tornadoes anytime.

Anyone looks dominate playing West Caldwell and Cherryville ha ha oh wait except Highland Texh. I’ll take your word for it on Foard looking like a good team and good size. They could be something if they had a Watauga type coach working with em and getting more guys out.

Best Foard team so far that I’ve ever remembered was 05’ SOLID class of guys. Kicked serious butt, not sure what round they made it to but they’ve NEVER came even half way close to whatever tallent they had in that class. Sorta similar to Hickory’s class of 97’ (1996 season) but not as talented or flashy.

Cheerduck fill us in on this Foard 05’ team
They played old East Burke style football that year. Strong running game, limited turnovers and solid defense.

Since people are asking, the last time Freedom lost to an in-county school was when Patton, led by Joe Eakin, defeated the Patriots 35-28 on November 4th, 2016 (that was essentially the end of the Brandon Allen era at FHS). Before that no Burke County school had beaten Freedom since 2009 when they lost to East Burke. 2009 was the first year of "deconsolidation" with Patton and Draughn fielding varsity teams for the first time that fall. I was at Friday's game and the Pats struggled and I think East Burke may have their best team in years. Coach Hawn has an uphill task this season, but there is talent there. If he can put the pieces together, we can still have a respectable year.

Since people are asking, the last time Freedom lost to an in-county school was when Patton, led by Joe Eakin, defeated the Patriots 35-28 on November 4th, 2016 (that was essentially the end of the Brandon Allen era at FHS). Before that no Burke County school had beaten Freedom since 2009 when they lost to East Burke. 2009 was the first year of "deconsolidation" with Patton and Draughn fielding varsity teams for the first time that fall. I was at Friday's game and the Pats struggled and I think East Burke may have their best team in years. Coach Hawn has an uphill task this season, but there is talent there. If he can put the pieces together, we can still have a respectable year.
You just never know what will happen when these two play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT