ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 2

Best EB teams from 2000 Forward-

2007, absolute BEST. Shatley had coach Tom
Knotts alittle nervous and his DCorrdiantor. Lost to Indy in 3rd round…only for Indy to lose key players to Ineligibility for Indy’s next game. WHY… could that not happen the week before??? State Championship Banner at EB if it did? Possibly?

2008 still had Shatley but less Oline tallent. Lost to a good South Meck team that had RB/LB Suey that at least made it to NFL tryouts later on after being friend and teammate to Shatley at Clemson

2015, huge turnaround, good RB and WR and made it to 3rd round and lost to EL. EB Wide out played at next level and EL had Surrat

2023……buddy…. I think we got us a team for the first time in 8 years. No big time WR but we got nasty boys flying to the ball a ground game and a dangerous QB that can beat you with his arm and legs. If they don’t show up when Freedom steps out I’ll eat some crow pretty hard

Last edited:
There's still cause for a competitive game here. It will come down to which team makes the fewest errors.
So therefore Freedom and EB oughta be CVAC nonconference game of the week.

NL and Lincolnton could be a close 2nd but like I said I have a close source to the school that I’d never throw out there to be known and he loves NL and his community not to get me wrong but pretty much told me things aren’t looking good for them. Could it be first game jitters and they come to play in this 2nd game? Very Possible

NL and Lincolnton could be a close 2nd but like I said I have a close source to the school that I’d never throw out there to be known and he loves NL and his community not to get me wrong but pretty much told me things aren’t looking good for them. Could it be first game jitters and they come to play in this 2nd game? Very Possible
two radio stations are doing the game!! 103.3 and Big Dawg 92.1 just ready to play the games!!

Interesting rankings for CVAC in the 828...in the top 15 there are 2 CVAC teams listed

Bunker Hill
East Burke
If EB takes down the Pats by 14 or 21 they’ll maintain a ranking. Expecting a bigger than normal crowd to this one since the 2 extra schools have been in current playing operation. Expect also a few Maiden fans looking into this since it’s the bye week.

Oh forgot bout the rumble in Cleveland Co, Shelby and Burns that oughta be good but if you’re a gamer and don’t feel like fighting that crowd come down to Icard.

In HS football your a parent who goes to all of them (one school) no mater what cause your son is playing. No son playing but a die hard alum you’ll go to all of them(one school) A girlfriend of the player or a student you’ll most likely go to all of the unless it’s far away but you’ll hang out and talk to friends and not half watch the game ha ha OR…. You’re the “Gamer”- you hit up some of your schools games if they’re worth a hoot or a lot on the line. You’ll hit up other schools games if it’s good or interesting and evenly matched. Playoffs, games that decide conf champs all that good stuff. Me, I guess I’m a part time Gamer. Be at my Alma mater or a worship service/revival or another schools game in area if my school is playing a school we’re it’s decided too much on paper a big win or a big loss.

Last edited:
If EB takes down the Pats by 14 or 21 they’ll maintain a ranking. Expecting a bigger than normal crowd to this one since the 2 extra schools have been in current playing operation. Expect also a few Maiden fans looking into this since it’s the bye week.

Oh forgot bout the rumble in Cleveland Co, Shelby and Burns that oughta be good but if you’re a gamer and don’t feel like fighting that crowd come down to Icard.

In HS football your a parent who goes to all of them (one school) no mater what cause your son is playing. No son playing but a die hard alum you’ll go to all of them(one school) A girlfriend of the player or a student you’ll most likely go to all of the unless it’s far away but you’ll hang out and talk to friends and not half watch the game ha ha OR…. You’re the “Gamer”- you hit up some of your schools games if they’re worth a hoot or a lot on the line. You’ll hit up other schools games if it’s good or interesting and evenly matched. Playoffs, games that decide conf champs all that good stuff. Me, I guess I’m a part time Gamer. Be at my Alma mater or a worship service/revival or another schools game in area if my school is playing a school we’re it’s decided too much on paper a big win or a big loss.
I'll be in a wedding this weekend cutting some rugs and "gaming" the bar

North Lincoln can’t be as bad as freedom lol

Reactions: Burkeforreal

Start time pushed back to 8.00 Friday night

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Disappointed to see South Point ranked at #15 in 3A.
MaxPreps has them ranked 6th in 3A. As for us, one poll indicates we might not do as well as we were hoping, yet another poll indicates that we might. I admit to paying to close attention to the rankings but those in early season might not be as accurate.

Don't know if you got to come down and see the game last Friday, if not, I feel like you would have been at least somewhat impressed with Lincolnton's speed.
I've seen some of the banter on here about North Lincoln being down but they'll be ready. Like him or not they have a very good coach.

Have a friend from who lives in Lincoln Forest, if you recall, it's a nice leafy development at the bottom of the hill below Forest Lawn Cemetery. He said North might be down this year but I think he is trying to use that in case Lincolnton beats them by more than a point or two.

His neighbor's son plays for the Knights and he pulls for them even though he is a Lincolnton alumnus. Told me "I now lean towards them (North), but anyone should understand it". I wouldn't pull for them if the entire neighborhood had people playing for them. Sometimes he calls them "we". Give me a d@mn break with "we". Of course, a person can pull for whomever they want to. His brothers played for the Wolves.

Players for Caleb Farley his home exploded and I believe a family member was killed in the blast.

Players for Caleb Farley his home exploded and I believe a family member was killed in the blast.
Sadly his father, Robert died in the explosion. Caleb is top shelf and as good a man they come. This tragedy has and will affect a few of our posters as they were close to this family.

I wish North Lincoln would play a Burke county team. Have they ever?

I don’t think it’s Freedom being bad it’s just the Hill is that good. But you guys was at the game, are they really that bad?
Don't remember them playing a Burke County school. I know you'd pull for the Cavaliers but due to connections there would you have some sentiments for North ?

I don’t think it’s Freedom being bad it’s just the Hill is that good. But you guys was at the game, are they really that bad?
Could be a mixture of both lol. Our defense set The tone early and for the whole game and our offense did whatever we wanted the whole game

Lets get it stared for week #2.

Bandys (1-0, 0-0) at Fred T. Foard (0-1)
Bunker Hill (1-0, 0-0) at St. Stephens (0-1)
East Burke (1-0, 0-0) vs Freedom (0-1)
Lincolnton (0-1, 0-0) vs North Lincoln (0-1)
Maiden (1-0, 0-0) bye
Newton-Conover (0-1, 0-0) vs Hickory (1-0)
West Caldwell (0-1, 0-0) at West Iredell (1-0)
West Lincoln (1-0, 0-0) at Cherryville (0-1)
Bandys
Bunker Hill
EB
Lincolnton
Hickory
West Iredell
West Lincoln

Prayers for the Farley Family. He is a first class young man.

Freedom didn't enter their stats on MaxPreps... Just for the sake of guessing, Bunker Hill had 47 total tackles which could have given Freedom a maximum of 15 sets of downs (counting three downs per set before punting or starting a new set of downs) with only 8 points to show for it suggests a pretty tough night.

If MP is correct BH had a total of 188 yards passing (11/19 Comp.) and 176 yards rushing for a total of 364 yards with 43 points to show for it which tells me they did about what they wanted to...It still doesn't answer your question is Freedom that bad and Bunker Hill that good, Maybe both. Got a feeling that if Freedom is able they will play much harder against EB because of the rivalry.

Disclaimer, all this is guessing.

Don't remember them playing a Burke County school. I know you'd pull for the Cavaliers but due to connections there would you have some sentiments for North ?

Eh not really. NL and EB lining up head to head I’d have to go with EB. I don’t know those kids at North anymore, hadn’t known any since 2011 after my niece walked off with the cap and gown there. A lot of kids playing for EB I don’t know them but I know a lot of their parents and some people of the community so that’s were my real loyalties are. Up until my boys go to Draughn.

That’s another BIG one after the Freedom game. I think EB will take them if they handle Freedom real good Bitter Sweet game this Friday. Bitter as in they really ain’t beating anybody but sweet as in they finally will lol.

Eh not really. NL and EB lining up head to head I’d have to go with EB. I don’t know those kids at North anymore, hadn’t known any since 2011 after my niece walked off with the cap and gown there. A lot of kids playing for EB I don’t know them but I know a lot of their parents and some people of the community so that’s were my real loyalties are. Up until my boys go to Draughn.

That’s another BIG one after the Freedom game. I think EB will take them if they handle Freedom real good Bitter Sweet game this Friday. Bitter as in they really ain’t beating anybody but sweet as in they finally will lol.
Wait 'til you're old enough know their great grandparents. ;)

Bandys over Foard by 18

Bunker Hill over St. Stephens by 14- This year, the hill will be really hard to climb.

East Burke over Freedom by 10- Would have picked it closer because of intra-county rivals until I read what Beamer posted. Still may be close but this is the year of the Cavalier in Burke County and maybe elsewhere.

Hickory over Newton-Conover The Red Devils might buckle down and play hard, motivated by rivalry, but even that isn't going to help them. This year the Red Tornadoes will be very tough to beat (for Anyone). Happy for my friend Cheerduck.

West Iredell over West Caldwell I'm sure I read some where that West Iredell had something like 90 come out for football. If so, that's incredible. Most coaches could make a good team from that many. I predict the Warriors to win, and to lose, too. West Iredell by 28.

West Lincoln over Cherryville by 20 These two used not like each other, I'm not sure about now, but Some years ago (This one particular year) both the Ironmen and Rebel were pretty equal, and their game was played at West. Both sides were looking for a win. Finally with just a couple of minutes left it was obvious who would win, and I think it was West Lincoln. The atmosphere was so tense that the law enforcement told everybody if they ran onto the field after the game and started fighting each other that they would release attack dogs to bite them, so nobody acted up.

Lincolnton over North Lincoln by 12 This thing about North Lincoln being disheartened is not correct, and that goes double when they play Lincolnton. This was started by a certain poster on these boards whose name I'll not divulge so as not to embarrass him and to avoid him wanting beating me up the next time he sees me, but I can tell you his screen moniker rhymes with amaidenbevel.
Frankly, I think this game will be close. If it is more than 7, and I'm hoping it is, it is because we might be a bit quicker. Listen, it's an easy rule:
If you live in Lincoln County and are a high school football fan and a fan of any other team in Lincoln County besides Lincolnton then you hate Lincolnton and all of us kindly Lincolnton sorts !

*Disclaimer, this hate rule is not applicable to the lady down the street who is an East Lincoln alumna who is married to a fine wolf and who has a fine son who played on our last state championship team in 2007.
Ha! You'd better include that disclaimer!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT