ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 2

In our JV game, Lincolnton 13 North Lincoln 0 at the half. NL runs the same offense as South Point and has racked up a bunch of yardage. Twice the were held deep in our territory..
With a few seconds left in the half and North with the ball around our 10 yard line, their QB spiked the ball on 4th down.Felt bad for him.

In our JV game, Lincolnton 13 North Lincoln 0 at the half. NL runs the same offense as South Point and has racked up a bunch of yardage. Twice the were held deep in our territory..
With a few seconds left in the half and North with the ball around our 10 yard line, their QB spiked the ball on 4th down.Felt bad for him.
I recall Thomasville losing a conference championship to Salisbury. The Bulldogs are scrambling to line up to run a play on Salisbury’s two yard line that could win the game and the championship. The qb glances to the sideline chain gang and sees third down. He spikes the ball, only to find out that the Salisbury chain gang had failed to change the marker.
Fourth down…spike…ball to Salisbury first down. Ball game. Conference championship.

Situational awareness, but these are 15-18 year old kids. You have to feel bad for them,regardless of your allegiance.

How often have you seen this :To start the second half Linc hold NL who punts. The punt bounces off (not a fumble) the Wolves deep man and NL recovers.
The recovery is nullified by an NL procedure penalty and NL punts again. This time, the punt bounces off the Wolves deep man and NL recovers a second time.

Well, the cheerleaders made a pyramid and dropped the pinnacle person. They caught her before she hit the asphalt. JV games are pretty nerve wracking . Asked for a glass of wine but the woman said “you can get that in Lincolnton”. Guess she didn’t see the humor. Anyway, Lincolnton 28. North Lincoln 6 final.

Last edited:
Well, the cheerleaders made a pyramid and dropped the pinnacle person. They caught her before she hit the asphalt. JV games are pretty nerve wracking . Asked for a glass of wine but the woman said “you can get that in Lincolnton”. Guess she didn’t see the humor. Anyway, Lincolnton 28. North Lincoln 6
Thanks for keeping us updated

Hickory's offense finally gets on the field for the first time in the 2nd half with 7:29 left in the 4th qtr. The score is 50-8 at this point. The Red Tornadoes drive downfield only to be stopped by 2 holding penalties and we run out the clock to win 50-8.

Last edited:
Thank you AMD. I thought about you down there when the NL QB spiked the ball on our 10 yard line on 4th down and wondered how you’d have reacted if you’d been his coach. I don’t know, having been trained by a very tough coach would think you’d be after him, but on second thought you might have used it as a coaching moment.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well, the cheerleaders made a pyramid and dropped the pinnacle person. They caught her before she hit the asphalt. JV games are pretty nerve wracking . Asked for a glass of wine but the woman said “you can get that in Lincolnton”. Guess she didn’t see the humor. Anyway, Lincolnton 28. North Lincoln 6 final.
North’s JVs horrible or Lincolntons just that good?

Thank you AMD. I thought about you down there when the NL QB spiked the ball on our 10 yard line on 4th down and wondered how you’d have reacted if you’d been his coach. I don’t know, having been trained by a very tough coach would think you’d be after him, but on second thought you might have used it as a coaching moment.
I would of probably lost it in the moment but then came back around and explained the situation with the kid.

I would of probably lost it in the moment but then came back around and explained the situation with the kid.
Not a real game and nothing at stake, but pride at a basketball summer camp I once dribbled out the clock without taking a shot. I thought my team was up one. We were down one. It was one of those manual flip score boards and we had led the entire game except for the final seconds.

Not a real game and nothing at stake, but pride at a basketball summer camp I once dribbled out the clock without taking a shot. I thought my team was up one. We were down one. It was one of those manual flip score boards and we had led the entire game except for the final seconds.
Lol I lost it on refs in adult flag football league I played in 🤣. Rules were no stripping the ball because in the past we would try to punch it out which led to other incidents 😂. So knowing this rule I caught the ball us ahead just killing clock I played real lose with the ball trying to avoid flag being pulled. Next thing a guy pulled the ball out of my hand and refs called it an interception after I reminded them off rule.. I would of got an suspension if it wasn't for one of the other refs knowing me so long and told other ref to drop the issue.

LHSfaninVA, 1993 state title game at Chapel Hill, Lincolnton is up on Burlington Cummings 14-0.BC finally scores near the end of the half. They kick off and arguably the most talented player watched the ball roll right to him and wouldn't pick it up.Cummings recovered and tied the game before the end of the half.

Some years ago, listening to the broadcast of Maiden at Bandys. Maiden had a slight lead, the game was almost over the Maiden QB who seemed to be an outstanding player took the final snap, scrambled around until the clock expired and in celebration threw the ball up in the air thinking the game was over. Problem was the ball had not been downed and was live. Seems like one of the Maiden players realized what had happened and it might have been the QB himself but was able to recover the live ball.

AMD, Worked with a number of people who had served in the Marine Corp and have had them tell me that is what their drill instructors are able to do (break someone down and build them back up). I don't know how accurate it is but seems like a lot of people on TV aren't able to take criticism or disappointment.

Last edited:
LHSfaninVA, 1993 state title game at Chapel Hill, Lincolnton is up on Burlington Cummings 14-0.BC finally scores near the end of the half. They kick off and arguably the most talented player watched the ball roll right to him and wouldn't pick it up.Cummings recovered and tied the game before the end of the half.

Some years ago, listening to the broadcast of Maiden at Bandys. Maiden had a slight lead, the game was almost over the Maiden QB who seemed to be an outstanding player took the final snap, scrambled around until the clock expired and in celebration threw the ball up in the air thinking the game was over. Problem was the ball had not been downed and was live. Seems like one of the Maiden players realized what had happened and it might have been the QB himself but was able to recover the live ball.

AMD, Worked with a number of people who had served in the Marine Corp and have had them tell me that is what their drill instructors are able to do (break someone down and build them back up). I don't know how accurate it is but seems like a lot of people on TV aren't able to take criticism or disappointment.
I was at that game if I recall a lineman fell on the ball. I was screaming no no no.. and I was screaming get on the ball. And if I'm not mistaken coach brown on the winning drive was trying to call a play during timeout and band was playing and he turned around and screamed at the band to shut the F@#& up he was trying to win a football game, the band quit playing 🤣🤣

The years blur sometimes but that incident might of fell in @GrizzlyDevil years on the team or close to it.

The years blur sometimes but that incident might of fell in @GrizzlyDevil years on the team or close to it.
My sophomore year. I was on the field during that play at fullback. I remember blocking the LB off the left edge to help give our QB, Logan Spake, time to run backwards and run time out...then I remember my heart sinking into my gut when he threw the ball into the air in celebration. My legs couldn't get me to the ball fast enough.

I never got a chance to experience Coach Harris in his prime. By the time I came up he was retired and enjoying life in his emeritus status. I got plenty of his players who all came back as coaches and had no issues telling you what was up. I always felt Richard Smith was a cerebral assassin. Almost reminded me of Andy Griffith aka Sherriff Taylor. He was witty, folksy, and a bit snarky. That was enough to get the job done.

One season I was working the chain gang against Shelby. There was a penalty called on the Wolves. I said "it was on us." Legendary Shelby Head Coach Jim Taylor heard my comment and turned around screaming "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT IS ON US?" He realized that he was yelling at the chain crew and not his team and went back to coaching the game.

Not bad considering how bad I heard bout EB middle schools season last year. How’s the JVs looking this year? Hopefully we lost to a good Freedom JV team
A lot of somp out there few freshman. we should be good another couple of years with this class better middle school guys coming up next couple of years looks like!! Should have won this game easily.

I'll be in a wedding this weekend cutting some rugs and "gaming" the bar
GrizzlyDevil, if you get a chance to see this, and If you don't mind, may I offer some advice, here. Most people don't care for my help and if I were them I wouldn't want it either because most of it's based on irreversible failure, but you be the judge.
A long time ago I went to a wedding. Somebody had to have forked over a bunch of money because it was the elaborate kind with lots of frills and pomp and people.

The evening before the wedding there was a bachelor party which must have went on all night. One of the groomsmen/ushers was a guy who was very reserved. He rarely talked or even smiled, and when he did he spoke so low it was hard to hear him. He wakes up on the floor the next day around noon and realizes the wedding is a 2 PM, and is in a mad rush to get dressed and get to the church, but he makes it.

As part of the wedding, and after everyone was seated, each of the groomsmen were to walk down front, take a long candlestick and light a candle that was in a candelabra that held several candles.
When it was his turn he walked down, took the candlestick, and tried to light his candle, but had the shakes so badly from being drunk the night before that he couldn't get it done. The woman directing the wedding had to come down front to hold his hands and help him light the candle.

Knowing you went to a fine military college I just wondered if this is a classmate getting married. If so, isn't it customary for the couple to walk under an arch created by raised swords formed by honor guardsmen ?
If it's that kind of wedding and it's scheduled for early afternoon, you might want to tell the fellers to close the bar a little early the night before. Just seems like the raised swords might create kind of a shaky situation (no pun). Just trying to help, and with a difficult job like you have I'm happy you're getting to go to something pleasurable.

Bandys just overpower them this year. Weapons everywhere
Bunker Hill in a what I think will be tougher than expected
EB with a blow out win
Lincolnton has so many fast kids its unreal. Speed kills
Hickory gets the edge for me, but I can't wait to see how this one plays out
West Iredell going to ground and pound this one to victory
West Lincoln by 14. I love their playbook

EB with a blow out win
Please tell me!!…you ain’t from Maiden. 😂😂😂

Betting I know you!😂

• Haha
Reactions: TunnelSmoke
EB with a blow out win
Hill by 30+

Naw, but I got an uncle from near there that I went to live with for a few months when I was in school. He worked at a body shop up there. Name was Ollie. Passed away several years ago though
Sorry to hear that about your uncle.

Sounds like you were here long enough to see some football games in our area. Judging by your post…you know a good deal about the area teams.

Blew me away!

Keep after those fire ants…seems like they’re everywhere around here too. 😉

Reactions: Lincolnton
GrizzlyDevil, if you get a chance to see this, and If you don't mind, may I offer some advice, here. Most people don't care for my help and if I were them I wouldn't want it either because most of it's based on irreversible failure, but you be the judge.
A long time ago I went to a wedding. Somebody had to have forked over a bunch of money because it was the elaborate kind with lots of frills and pomp and people.

The evening before the wedding there was a bachelor party which must have went on all night. One of the groomsmen/ushers was a guy who was very reserved. He rarely talked or even smiled, and when he did he spoke so low it was hard to hear him. He wakes up on the floor the next day around noon and realizes the wedding is a 2 PM, and is in a mad rush to get dressed and get to the church, but he makes it.

As part of the wedding, and after everyone was seated, each of the groomsmen were to walk down front, take a long candlestick and light a candle that was in a candelabra that held several candles.
When it was his turn he walked down, took the candlestick, and tried to light his candle, but had the shakes so badly from being drunk the night before that he couldn't get it done. The woman directing the wedding had to come down front to hold his hands and help him light the candle.

Knowing you went to a fine military college I just wondered if this is a classmate getting married. If so, isn't it customary for the couple to walk under an arch created by raised swords formed by honor guardsmen ?
If it's that kind of wedding and it's scheduled for early afternoon, you might want to tell the fellers to close the bar a little early the night before. Just seems like the raised swords might create kind of a shaky situation (no pun). Just trying to help, and with a difficult job like you have I'm happy you're getting to go to something pleasurable.
Mr Lincolnton

It is that kind of wedding with a classmate...but we're veterans to these kind of events and have learned over the years how to keep a steady body/mind, irregardless the stage of shakiness we may be in.

The arches will be safe...they are performed by underclassmen, and seeing as it's the beginning of the new year, they will not have had leave yet, thus no opportunity to show up inebriated.

Good luck tonight.

Mr Lincolnton

It is that kind of wedding with a classmate...but we're veterans to these kind of events and have learned over the years how to keep a steady body/mind, irregardless the stage of shakiness we may be in.

The arches will be safe...they are performed by underclassmen, and seeing as it's the beginning of the new year, they will not have had leave yet, thus no opportunity to show up inebriated.

Good luck tonight.
Thank you, my friend. I have a lot of respect for tradition and should have known everything would be well planned. Have a safe trip and I hope you and yours can find some rest and some leisure.

Sorry to hear that about your uncle.

Sounds like you were here long enough to see some football games in our area. Judging by your post…you know a good deal about the area teams.

Blew me away!

Keep after those fire ants…seems like they’re everywhere around here too. 😉
Thanks man. He lived a good long life.

I'm just a simple man who loves 2 things: high school football, and fire ant mitigation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT