ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 2

Bandys up 35 to 6 at the half. Bandys looks good offensively. Swetts made quite a few really good throws down field. Defense is a different story. Foards actually been able to run the ball pretty well against them but have fumbled the ball 3 times and 2 of those have lead to scores.

Sack and fumble recover. Think we got this. 3:50 left EB driving but getting stuffed on a lot of these plays against “goose poop” line

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Overall view of this EB game. History made, drought put out, we won first time since 2010. But it was against one of the worst Freedom teams I ever saw so not sure if it’s a high spirited accomplished win. Offensive plays were kinda vanilla on EB, nice pile push’s for extra yards, a lot of short run plays that ate clock and D had some highlight stops but we allowed 2 huge runs for TDs and the RB wasn’t even a track star.

One sack….ONE!!! Against a line that the Hill had their way with. Penetration should improve but good stops throughout the game. Ain’t knocking em’

We gotta contain the outside runs better and stay on some blocks alittle better or we may get ate alive in CVAC action. Next week Draughn. This one for the county. Expecting hype crowds and tough seating in Rutherford college for this rivalry. A real Fat Friday ha ha. Might wanna get there early, no we’re near the seat room as East Burke. Usually a not so packed game but with big braggging rights on the line expect the crowd.

For now we’ll take that 13 year deal and celebrate. More on the Draughn game later, let’s save conversation

North Lincoln 21 Lincolnton 20 congratulations to the Knights. North led 21-0 at the half. Lincolnton scored three times in the second half but misses all their extra point(s) attempts.

North hold the Wolves inside their (NL's) five with around a couple or so minutes to go. Lincolnton holds North deep in their own territory with five seconds left. North's punter takes the snap, scrambles around trying to run out the clock. The Wolves catch him in the end zone AND THEN THERE WAS CONTROVERSY:

Apparently, there was a fumble and Lincolnton recovers which would have put them up 24-21. There were two claims. First, Lincolnton said one official signaled touchdown Lincolnton, but he then changes it to a safety which would make the score NL 21 L 20 (which North intended to take the safety). To me, It did look as though an official signaled TD, but this was after another had signaled safety. Our coach argued but to no avail.

For the first half, North beat us badly at everything. We could not run and didn't have much success passing. We looked beat. In the second half we shut them down. What worry's me is that we played much like we have for the past two years. We cannot have a lot of success playing a half a game. Hopefully, we can play better but considering our next two opponents, East Lincoln and Bunker Hill, we are going to have to do a lots better than we did tonight.

Keep trying Wolves !

Side Note: Congrats to BFR on North's win. At this time I don't know how the Cavaliers did but if they beat Freedom a double congratulations.

North Lincoln 21 Lincolnton 20 congratulations to the Knights. North led 21-0 at the half. Lincolnton scored three times in the second half but misses all their extra point(s) attempts.

North hold the Wolves inside their (NL's) five with around a couple or so minutes to go. Lincolnton holds North deep in their own territory with five seconds left. North's punter takes the snap, scrambles around trying to run out the clock. The Wolves catch him in the end zone AND THEN THERE WAS CONTROVERSY:

Apparently, there was a fumble and Lincolnton recovers which would have put them up 24-21. There were two claims. First, Lincolnton said one official signaled touchdown Lincolnton, but he then changes it to a safety which would make the score NL 21 L 20 (which North intended to take the safety). To me, It did look as though an official signaled TD, but this was after another had signaled safety. Our coach argued but to no avail.

For the first half, North beat us badly at everything. We could not run and didn't have much success passing. We looked beat. In the second half we shut them down. What worry's me is that we played much like we have for the past two years. We cannot have a lot of success playing a half a game. Hopefully, we can play better but considering our next two opponents, East Lincoln and Bunker Hill, we are going to have to do a lots better than we did tonight.

Keep trying Wolves !

Side Note: Congrats to BFR on North's win. At this time I don't know how the Cavaliers did but if they beat Freedom a double congratulations.
LOL it's always your Lincolnton teams that screws me in the weekly pick'ems

Opps, That was Maiden Creek that put the love emoji. Sorry AMD. But hey, I saw that other one when we were down 14-0. MC, for the record, I don't think you're Faust. That's AMD.:D

• Haha

Keep trying Wolves !

That was me…I was there….what a game!

The Wolves shut down North Lincoln in the 2nd half. It was incredible! 2 different halves…2 different teams…one of the strangest games I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think the knights got a first down in the 2nd half….ain’t sure they had positive yardage either.

Still scratching my head over the whole thing.

Reactions: Lincolnton
That was me…I was there….what a game!

The Wolves shut down North Lincoln in the 2nd half. It was incredible! 2 different halves…2 different teams…one of the strangest games I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think the knights got a first down in the 2nd half….ain’t sure they had positive yardage either.

Still scratching my head over the whole thing.
My friend, I'm glad you got to see it. Early in the game I thought "Glad the Maiden guys didn't come down. This is going to be a blowout", but I still had some hope. After the second half I thought, "this might have been the game for them to see, at least as far as excitement".

My friend, I'm glad you got to see it. Early in the game I thought "Glad the Maiden guys didn't come down. This is going to be a blowout", but I still had some hope. After the second half I thought, "this might have been the games for them to see, at least as far as excitement".
I was on the edge of my seat…I said it…but wuddnt expecting that.

What a game!…enjoyed the heck out of it…wishing y’all won though.

Y’all had ‘em!😉…it’s still early! Brother.

• Love
Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT