ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 2

AAW, is the Mrs., an EL Alum., too. ? I'd meant another couple, who of course, you know on Linwood.
It just now dawned on this regressed brain of mine that the person I meant could be visiting. How right you are, I'm awfully glad I included the disclaimer.:)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lets get it stared for week #2.

Bandys (1-0, 0-0) at Fred T. Foard (0-1)
Bunker Hill (1-0, 0-0) at St. Stephens (0-1)
East Burke (1-0, 0-0) vs Freedom (0-1)
Lincolnton (0-1, 0-0) vs North Lincoln (0-1)
Maiden (1-0, 0-0) bye
Newton-Conover (0-1, 0-0) vs Hickory (1-0)
West Caldwell (0-1, 0-0) at West Iredell (1-0)
West Lincoln (1-0, 0-0) at Cherryville (0-1)
Am I the only one who thinks Bandys is going to the playoffs?
35-nuttin’ over St. Stephens last week…that blew me away. I see the sophomore, Swett, got the start at QB. He was 17 of 21 for 250 yards. Do what? I’m taking the Trojans over Foard…and I’m very anxious to see the result.

Bunker Hill rolls.

Man!…all indicators tell me that East Burke should win against Freedom…but that post from Freedomalum about how long it’s been since a Burke county team has beaten Freedom is certainly concerning. There’s just something about high school football where there are times that things just don’t change…I guess “tradition” could be the term that most use.
Soooo…I’m taking East Burke and hoping they’ll pull through.

I’ll take Lincolnton in a nail biter…betting the Wolves will have us on the edge of our seats till the last minute. Let’s go!

Hickory will throttle Newton Conover. The Red Devils threw the ball all over the place against West Henderson…I guess they had to since they were behind. Betting their offense will be fun to watch later in the season. Y’all know I enjoy seeing the ball fly in the air.

I DONT have West Caldwell winning a game. 😞

West Lincoln won a very tough game over the Knights last week. Hmmm!
I’ll take the Johnny’s in a rout over the Ironmen.

Good luck! Y’all

CVAC!!!

Replying back to Lincolnton's from yesterday. Work computer (shhh!) isn't letting me reply.

I was not able to come down. I was in Central California for the scrimmage on the 11th and in Portland, Maine for the first game. Remind me to never go there when the Wolves are playing. That place is nice, but bad luck for the Wolves. I was constantly refreshing the MaxPrep site. I thought I might not make a game this year (usually the case) but just last night I was looking at flights for a game in October.

Lincoln Forest is very nice. I have a good number of my family members buried in the cemetery.

I heard the boosters have a hot dog controversy. They aren't City Lunch, but still using some of the ingredients.

Am I the only one who thinks Bandys is going to the playoffs?
35-nuttin’ over St. Stephens last week…that blew me away. I see the sophomore, Swett, got the start at QB. He was 17 of 21 for 250 yards. Do what? I’m taking the Trojans over Foard…and I’m very anxious to see the result.

Bunker Hill rolls.

Man!…all indicators tell me that East Burke should win against Freedom…but that post from Freedomalum about how long it’s been since a Burke county team has beaten Freedom is certainly concerning. There’s just something about high school football where there are times that things just don’t change…I guess “tradition” could be the term that most use.
Soooo…I’m taking East Burke and hoping they’ll pull through.

I’ll take Lincolnton in a nail biter…betting the Wolves will have us on the edge of our seats till the last minute. Let’s go!

Hickory will throttle Newton Conover. The Red Devils threw the ball all over the place against West Henderson…I guess they had to since they were behind. Betting their offense will be fun to watch later in the season. Y’all know I enjoy seeing the ball fly in the air.

I DONT have West Caldwell winning a game. 😞

West Lincoln won a very tough game over the Knights last week. Hmmm!
I’ll take the Johnny’s in a rout over the Ironmen.

Good luck! Y’all

CVAC!!!
Very good John Madden type commentating for the CVAC.

Call me the stand up comedy guy for the CVAC posters I guess, I do have West Caldwell winning some games- in their dreams, bye week, JV scrimmage, and a what if Highland Tech needed a game middle of the week for some reason like something went bad in the scheduling and West volunteered.

A story with EB playing Highland Tech few years back. Yup it’s story time with uncle Burke ha ha, sit back kids and listen while I tell this story on a rocking chair. A RB at EB who was fast, was productive, would be a great help this year if he was still around, can’t take a thing from the guy but word was he was setting or on the verge of setting burke co rushing records and out doing Freedoms legend RB of 6 or 7 years prior….well he was on the verge of those records from playing West Caldwell and PLAYING HIGHLAND TECH!!!

I’m not only one who thinks Bandys will go to playoffs I think they have a killer shot at conf champs. It’s not like STS is a winning big time program or nothing but they got the type kids to not get blown away every game unless they was playing some top big city schools or something and for them to get rolled by Bandys and all the returns good coaching and JVs of last year I expect them to do big things this year.

Totally depending on how EB handles what could be one of the worst Freedom teams of all time we could be looking at an anyone’s guess at top 4

Maiden or Bandys or EB or BH. Just saying. All the more reason to love CVAC football. Sorry Lincolnton not putting your school in the big guess top 4 yet til they play North Lincoln and see how they pan out. If they roll big and EB disappoints then they’re in and EB is out ha ha.
EB manhandling Patton is no indicator as to how they will stand in the CVAC. I think we all can agree on that one although I do have much higher optimism on them than last season.

Last edited:
Replying back to Lincolnton's from yesterday. Work computer (shhh!) isn't letting me reply.

I was not able to come down. I was in Central California for the scrimmage on the 11th and in Portland, Maine for the first game. Remind me to never go there when the Wolves are playing. That place is nice, but bad luck for the Wolves. I was constantly refreshing the MaxPrep site. I thought I might not make a game this year (usually the case) but just last night I was looking at flights for a game in October.

Lincoln Forest is very nice. I have a good number of my family members buried in the cemetery.

I heard the boosters have a hot dog controversy. They aren't City Lunch, but still using some of the ingredients.
LHSfaninVA, Hope you can make one of the games. Maybe it would give you a little bit of rest.

*Side Note: Your living in the DC area has to make the pace of life here (Lincolnton) seem awfully slow when you come home. You'll probably remember as a kid how parents would carefully plan for a trip that might be only a few hundred miles away. Wonder what they would think if told they had to be in California this month and in another few week they would need to be in Maine, and on top of that you'd have to be successful for whatever reason you went there for. Having not been around much it would more than likely run my blood pressure through the roof.

Had a cousin who was a flight attendant. She talked about how people associated with interstate and international commerce spent a lot of their life on the move and how they learned to adjust to it and learned the do's and do not's of travel. She said there was a science to it and that some could hop a long distance flight and sleep for hours. I honestly don't believe there is a soporific medication that could make me go to sleep on an airplane. What few times I've flown I was as stiff as a mannequin. Prayers and all the best to you in your work.

I'd kind of like to see Hickory play, too. AMD, if you go to Newton don't get into a fist fight. They'll get you for something called public affray.
I'd like to see my team play as well, but I have another week or two of rehab. I'll have to listen to our local radio guys and then wait on the Hudl film to be emailed later Friday night. There have been a few fist thrown in this long time rivalry.

…"Maiden or Bandys or EB or BH. Just saying. All the more reason to love CVAC football. Sorry Lincolnton not putting your school in the big guess top 4 yet til they play North Lincoln and see how they pan out. If they roll big and EB disappoints then they’re in and EB is out ha ha.
Excerpt of a post from Burkeforreal

I understand, BFR, we've been left out of a bunch of things the past several years. Hopefully it toughens us. Our next game is with East Lincoln and after that one we have Bunker Hill, makes me tired just thinking about it. "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise". I'm not the jackass who said that, another one did.

I'd like to see my team play as well, but I have another week or two of rehab. I'll have to listen to our local radio guys and then wait on the Hudl film to be emailed later Friday night. There have been a few fist thrown in this long time rivalry.
My friend, if you'd like to see a game before you've healed up, I'd be happy to take you to one. In spite of being an old decrepit man I'm able to pick you up. I also have access to a wheel chair.

…"Maiden or Bandys or EB or BH. Just saying. All the more reason to love CVAC football. Sorry Lincolnton not putting your school in the big guess top 4 yet til they play North Lincoln and see how they pan out. If they roll big and EB disappoints then they’re in and EB is out ha ha.
Excerpt of a post from Burkeforreal

I understand, BFR, we've been left out of a bunch of things the past several years. Hopefully it toughens us. Our next game is with East Lincoln and after that one we have Bunker Hill, makes me tired just thinking about it. "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will
rise". I'm not the jackass who said that, another one did.
Of course all this is fun pickins’ after week 1. Us whooping Patton isn’t something to gage an outlook of the rest of the season and Lincolnton losing to South Point but not by a huge margin is nothing to gage the Wolves on either. I believe they will look better and more competitive when they hit CVAC action and of course hitting the field with North— A team that’s not terrible, athletic enough to make it a game against a lot of teams but not enough to make any good final conf standing or playoff noise. May be one to gage them on alittle more and Freedom will be much better than Patton. I really leaned my head over and laughed in my recliner when some one said Defense ran through Freedom line like poop through a goose

You know I got crazy big respect for Lincolnton, the program and the community. I used to work in Lincolnton years ago. A lot of wins, a state title, 1 to 3 players in the NFL. Hate to see them struggle like they have but I feel they are turning around. If they lay a smack down on North, I’ll lay up more faith on them as to how they might fair out with BH and Bandys and Maiden/ and pull EB off that top 4 finish. This is a rough competitive conference with very little room for error in every single play. It came down to one play when the Cavs almost had those Wolves beat and against the ropes. A historic night for both of us to see. First time Lincolnton EVER came under the lights of East Burke in a football game.

Last edited:
Of course all this is fun pickins’ after week 1. Us whooping Patton isn’t something to gage an outlook of the rest of the season and Lincolnton losing to South Point but not by a huge margin is nothing to gage the Wolves on either. I believe they will look better and more competitive when they hit CVAC action and of course hitting the field with North. A team that’s not terrible, athletic enough to make it a game against a lot of teams but not enough to make any good final conf standing or playoff noise. May be one to gage them on alittle more and Freedom will be much better than Patton. I really leaned my head over and laughed in my recliner when some one said Defense ran through Freedom line like poop through a goose
BFR, I think you reasoning is correct on the picks. It might take until mid-season to really gauge how good we are or are not.

*LOL, Oh, and BFR, about the jackass comment, that was meant for the person the quote belongs to, certainly not you. You're one of my favorite posters and I wouldn't send anything pointed in your direction.

Last edited:
BFR, I think you reasoning is correct on the picks. It might take until mid-season to really gauge how good we are or are not.

*LOL, Oh, and BFR, about the jackass comment, that was meant for the person the quote belongs to, certainly not you. You're one of my favorite posters and I wouldn't send anything pointed in your direction.
I know you wasn’t talking bout me man your good ha ha. I don’t think I’ve made anyone mad on these threads before. Maybe 1 bout 6 or 7 years ago and I can’t even remember what it was about.

I remember a Hibriten posts 2 guys were ready to meet up someeere in town and fight. It got that bad! I was like oh my goodness this is crazy guys it’s just high school forums 😂😂😂

I know you wasn’t talking bout me man your good ha ha. I don’t think I’ve made anyone mad on these threads before. Maybe 1 bout 6 or 7 years ago and I can’t even remember what it was about.

I remember a Hibriten posts 2 guys were ready to meet up someeere in town and fight. It got that bad! I was like oh my goodness this is crazy guys it’s just high school forums 😂😂😂
That's my role on here 🤣🤣

I’m not only one who thinks Bandys will go to playoffs I think they have a killer shot at conf champs. It’s not like STS is a winning big time program or nothing but they got the type kids to not get blown away every game unless they was playing some top big city schools or something and for them to get rolled by Bandys and all the returns good coaching and JVs of last year I expect them to do big things this year.

Totally depending on how EB handles what could be one of the worst Freedom teams of all time we could be looking at an anyone’s guess at top 4

Maiden or Bandys or EB or BH. Just saying. All the more reason to love CVAC football. Sorry Lincolnton not putting your school in the big guess top 4 yet til they play North Lincoln and see how they pan out. If they roll big and EB disappoints then they’re in and EB is out ha ha.
EB manhandling Patton is no indicator as to how they will stand in the CVAC. I think we all can agree on that one although I do have much higher optimism on them than last season.
You are right EB has to forget that game last week. The next two games Burke County teams will tell a story!! we are not taking anyone for granted!!

Lets get it stared for week #2.

Bandys (1-0, 0-0) at Fred T. Foard (0-1)
Bunker Hill (1-0, 0-0) at St. Stephens (0-1)
East Burke (1-0, 0-0) vs Freedom (0-1)
Lincolnton (0-1, 0-0) vs North Lincoln (0-1)
Maiden (1-0, 0-0) bye
Newton-Conover (0-1, 0-0) vs Hickory (1-0)
West Caldwell (0-1, 0-0) at West Iredell (1-0)
West Lincoln (1-0, 0-0) at Cherryville (0-1)
Bandys
Bunker Hill
EB
Hickory
WI
WL

-Just plan on an extra couple hours with @Lincolnton driving 😂😂 snails will pass u

-Hoping Lincolnton wins in an ugly game we're both teams look bad 🤣🤣🤣
Both of these comments were posted by amaidendevil

Friends, it's that time of day when us senior citizens need to jump start our mental faculties, so how about a quick round of "Tweak that aged brain". Rules are, you must be over 70 to play. So, here we go:
Todays category is "Answers that rhyme"
Here are out questions: 1. Name of a large city in north central Texas 2. A word meaning evil intentions. 3. A word describing AMD's attitude towards society in general.

OK, take 30 seconds to scribble down those answers. Napping, drooling and wheezing does not get you additional time, and Duuuuuuuh is not considered an answer.

Time's up and remember the answers must rhyme:

The answer to number 1. A large city in North Central Texas, is of course, Dallas.

The answer to number 2. A word meaning evil intentions and that is, Malice.

Finally, A word describing AMD's attitude towards society in general and that answer is Phallus.

Thank you for playing. Join us next time for tweak that aged brain. :)

You are right EB has to forget that game last week. The next two games Burke County teams will tell a story!! we are not taking anyone for granted!!

We got a good shot at County Champs in I don’t know how many years.

Freedom: terrible but i wouldn’t overlook em at all. They’ve beat EB since 2010 and hadn’t looked back for a reason

Draughn: lost big to a Hunter Huss team thats had ups and downs but has not been good overall in a 8 or 9 year long stint. Couple good teams in that time frame but mostly bad. Draughn got a lot of tallent back but graduated A few pieces from last years success. I think we’ll be ready. Big differ in 1A and 2A for a school like them

I like Draughn and stood by em’ in last years playoff run. The hometown team from were I currently live. Cousins that cheer for them and another plays volleyball, Dad, Uncle, some great uncles and Grand Dad all played for Valdese. But next week y’all I’ll just have to turn my back on em’ just this once ha ha. Go Cavs!!

Oh wife and in-laws and best man at my wedding was Freedom grads…. Fart on Freedom 😂

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT