ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Round 2

Look like I picked up a sickness bug over the weekend so I'm charging $50 to go meet your opponents team and shake their hands
I hope we aren't underrating Salisbury. For the last five years the Hornets have been really good, and that includes a state title. Anytime you play Salisbury or Statesville, you'd better be ready, they're very tough. !

*Side Note: AMD, I know you won't believe this and if you have any sense of reason you shouldn't, but I believe some doctors can at least stem the effects of the cold or flu, you know, the part that makes someone feel so bad... As a college student, a long time ago, I came down with something and my chest was all tight. I went to Dr. Griggs, who was a local family physician in Lincolnton. Told him I had to drive to school and then go to work, and some of the old people said he had a short-term way of treating the cold. He gave me three shots and some pills that looked like what you'd give a horse. By the time I drove to Charlotte, it was like the sickness had jumped off of me. I remember sitting in class thinking, "I out to go down to the gymnasium and ask some of the athletes if they'd like to fall outside and take me on, or maybe I'll go out in the parking lot and turn a car over", I felt that good. Self-control got the better of me, though...So if you go to the doctor ask them about it. You being a big guy they might have to give you the deluxe treatment. I would recommend Dr. Griggs' but he died a long time ago.

*Side Note: About restaurants in Salisbury. My favorite is Spanky's Homemade ice cream and Deli. It's down on Innes St., right in the middle of town, but it closes at 6 PM on Friday's. :D

With the exception of Maiden, the CVAC party ends Friday, and the warmth of the basketball gym awaits. I think Maiden and Salisbury will be a great game. Salisbury has my attention, and always appear to be hell, once you look at the results from their games. But, when you dig deeper, they have played no one, and the one team they did play, Thomasville, they struggled with, just winning 12-6.

Last edited:
With the exception of Maiden, the CVAC party ends Friday, and the warmth of the basketball gym awaits. I think Maiden and Salisbury will be a great game. Salisbury has my attention, and always appear to be hell, once you look at the results from their games. But, when you dig deeper, they have played no one, and one team they did play, Thomasville, they struggled with, just winning 12-6.
False

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Speaking eating places in Salisbury. One of my favorite Seafood is Blue Bay restaurant. They have 2 locations. One close 1-85. Not far from Spankys. They have other items to get on the menu as well. Some good eating at that place.

Last edited:
I read someone mention a 14 point BH victory and so on. You play your toughest opponent next week. That’s a tough draw in the second round. You have my respect.💯 But, just know you have a game on your hands, no doubt.
Well it’s not like a 14 point game is a blowout.

I was telling someone last night that Bunker Hill hasn't played anyone on the level of Burns this year and that Cleveland Co football is just different. BH hasn't been punched in the mouth yet and i fully expect Burns to do that. BH may win but it won't be easy.

Last edited:
West Lincoln at Monroe: The Red hawks are another tough Union County team that might play for the title. They have it all and it wouldn't shock me to see them in the final game. West Lincoln on the other hand doesn't have the speed but they know what their game plan is and they're physical. There is no reason to think Monroe doesn't win going away but I have a feeling WL might give them a workout. Monroe by 10.

Maiden at Salisbury: The Hornets have a spotless record and the Blue Devils have a few blemishes. I'm under the impression/delusion that Maiden has run a tougher route than has Salisbury to get to this second round and it could pay off. The Blue Devils by 1

Burns at Bunker Hill: Two tough team that I like a lot. Either team winning wouldn't surprise me. It's unfortunate they have to face each other this soon but as they say in Maiden, it is what it is. Having seen them play and knowing they have the home field advantage I really don't know what to think. Bunker Hill by 1.

Lincolnton at Shelby: Proud of our wolves for avoiding a losing season but they've got one of the toughest opponents that the NCHSAA could have paired them with. I've never felt like the Wolves didn't have a chance and could not win and with some breaks we might could do it. As a matter of the heart I've never picked against the Wolves and it's not going to start now. Lincolnton by 1 on a Thursday night I've heard.

Side Note: Shelby Lion, told me to throw a brick at the Shelby, meaning say something contentious, and of course, I don't want to disappoint my friend, but the Shelby posters have been good to us Lincolnton guys and if it's all the same, I'd just as soon stay on their good side, especially since we have to go over there, and at least one might be at a Thursday lunch I'm supposed to attend.

As a 12-13 year old boy, an older boy in our "group", told me to call out a man who lived on our street as he was coming home one night. This man was very big, maybe 6'4 and had the stature of a bear, and was a drinker and fighter and had the reputation of someone that shouldn't be messed with. He was going into his Mother's house when I yelled to him that before the night was over he would carry a whipping from me (Actually, I said something a little more harsh).

This man picked up a large planter with dirt and flowers that must have weighed a hundred pounds and threw it. I saw it come under the street light, it looked like a bathtub. It hit just feet from where I was standing and busted all to pieces, dirt, flowers and planter went everywhere. I have no doubt that I could have out run Usain Bolt... So, forgive me my friend, but after that I kind of been a little leery about things being thrown. :D

Side Note: My picks are in Bold

Last edited:
Well since Shelby is forcing me to make my picks early this week here we go.
Monroe is to fast for West Lincoln and only hope for West Lincoln is that Monroe sometimes finds a way to crap the bed in the playoffs but not this time going with Monroe.
Burns and Bunker Hill. Both teams have talent and athletes. Bunker Hill is at home. But I feel like burns may be a little more battle tested and experienced in taking on athletic and fast teams. I think they play with more of a chip which gives them the slight edge. Burns
Lincolnton and Shelby kinda feels like fighting cousins. I guess that's better than kissing cousins 🤣😂. I believe it's a battle for most of game then Shelby finishes lincolnton off. Shelby is the cousin on PCP and steroids they fight a little crazier 🤣🤣.
Maiden and Salisbury. Maiden sits in a great position no pressure if we lose it's to the #2 seed if we win it adds to the maiden legend. Like always we play like our QB and I think he will be ok Friday night. Friday nights are where legends are born..... Maiden

Burns is going to beat y’all. I don’t know why you guys are sleeping on them. You haven’t played a Crest, KM, or Shelby. Beating mediocre teams can give you false confidence. You have a battle on your hands next week!
Four teams from the CVAC are still playing, so what is your point? Looks like the conference is tough enough...Burns played the above mentioned teams and was beaten pretty easily from the score...again, what is your point? East Gaston, from what I was told and saw, actually gave Burns all they could handle, and was leading until the 4th at Burns....Maiden, who handled EG, was beaten easily by BHHS by 40...again what is your point? If your point is Burns is better than what they have seen in the CVAC, save it...If your point is Burns will be a great opponent and may win, I agree with that as football is about match-ups....But you can't brag about "who Burns has played" when they were beaten easily and play in a cupcake conference minus Shelby...Play the CVAC schedule each week and see if you beat those teams from top to bottom...May be singing a different tune. Best of luck to all teams and stay healthy.

Salisbury just moved our game to Thursday 7:30. Sorry assholes and a lotta other words I probably shouldn't say on here 🤬🤬🤬
OH, he's so mad but I so glad, a bottle of wine to make him shine... You know, I'll bet Salisbury's AD who is from Lincolnton
is the one who made the decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he thought, "Hmmmm, you know, a wet field would benefit Maiden more than Salisbury, so lets just throw that old reliable change up pitch and move it to Thursday night, and on top of that AMD will be so PO'ed."

Consider this, if you play on Thursday you can go up to Claremont on Friday night and pull against Bunker Hill, since you're still mad at them for winning the conference. Am I right ? Am I right ?

Four teams from the CVAC are still playing, so what is your point? Looks like the conference is tough enough...Burns played the above mentioned teams and was beaten pretty easily from the score...again, what is your point? East Gaston, from what I was told and saw, actually gave Burns all they could handle, and was leading until the 4th at Burns....Maiden, who handled EG, was beaten easily by BHHS by 40...again what is your point? If your point is Burns is better than what they have seen in the CVAC, save it...If your point is Burns will be a great opponent and may win, I agree with that as football is about match-ups....But you can't brag about "who Burns has played" when they were beaten easily and play in a cupcake conference minus Shelby...Play the CVAC schedule each week and see if you beat those teams from top to bottom...May be singing a different tune. Best of luck to all teams and stay healthy.
There goes one of them bricks…I left a pile of ‘em for Bandys too.😂

I just knew it would come in handy.😜

OH, he's so mad but I so glad, a bottle of wine to make him shine... You know, I'll bet Salisbury's AD who is from Lincolnton
is the one who made the decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he thought, "Hmmmm, you know, a wet field would benefit Maiden more than Salisbury, so lets just throw that old reliable change up pitch and move it to Thursday night, and on top of that AMD will be so PO'ed."

Consider this, if you play on Thursday you can go up to Claremont on Friday night and pull against Bunker Hill, since you're still mad at them for winning the conference. Am I right ? Am I right ?

🐂 🐕

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
Well said 🐻🐻🐻

🐂 🐕
Notice, I put a laughing emoji on your post to make it look like I understood what those two symbols mean. Whatever it is I'm sure it's not good so don't bother to explain. Heck, it might even insinuate that I have a pedigree rather than a family tree.:oops:

This man knows his football...

This man knows his football...
He lost all credibility when he said beaten easily. 😂😂😂 KM beat us by 9 We were up on Shelby in the 3rd and went toe to toe with Crest outside of two turnovers that changed the whole game. We did lose those games but easily? Nah… Bunker Hill has not beat any team comparable to the teams we lost to. What does that mean for this Friday? Nothin

..Play the CVAC schedule each week and see if you beat those teams from top to bottom...May be singing a different tune. Best of luck to all teams and stay healthy.
I havent seen Bunker Hill or Bandys film in years so I cant say much on them but..Serious question.. over the last 5, maybe 10 years, if Shelby and Burns was in the CVAC, how many loses do you think the 2 would have in that conference? I say 2 or 3 combined.

I havent seen Bunker Hill or Bandys film in years so I cant say much on them but..Serious question.. over the last 5, maybe 10 years, if Shelby and Burns was in the CVAC, how many loses do you think the 2 would have in that conference? I say 2 or 3 combined.
Last five probably not many, but take it out to ten years (CVAC did not exist) and remember Burns had some lean years after Matt Beam left. They were 3A, but Burns posters are smart and will probably admit as much.

Last five probably not many, but take it out to ten years (CVAC did not exist) and remember Burns had some lean years after Matt Beam left. They were 3A, but Burns posters are smart and will probably admit as much.
Uh yea. Heck you go back 6 years to 2018 and it wasn't pretty. We typically have 5-6 years of really good ball in a row then 1-3 years of bad football. Next year could be that 1 down year for us. But I think it will pick up after that.

Uh yea. Heck you go back 6 years to 2018 and it wasn't pretty. We typically have 5-6 years of really good ball in a row then 1-3 years of bad football. Next year could be that 1 down year for us. But I think it will pick up after that.
Lincolnton might be in the same category. TBD. I would love to see the Wolves back to playing some really good ball and me planning on going to Black Friday games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT