ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 9

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Week 5 in conference play!

Bandys (2-5, 1-3) at Newton-Conover (3-4, 2-2)
Bunker Hill (7-0, 4-0) at Maiden (6-1, 4-0)
East Burke (2-5, 0-4) vs Lincolnton (4-3, 3-1)
West Caldwell (0-7, 0-4) vs West Lincoln (5-2, 2-2)

STANDINGS
Bunker Hill (7-0, 4-0)
Maiden (6-1, 4-0)
Lincolnton (4-3, 3-1)
West Lincoln (5-2, 2-2)
Newton-Conover (3-4, 2-2)
Bandys (2-5, 1-3)
East Burke (2-5, 0-4)
West Caldwell (0-7, 0-4)

Week 5 in conference play!

STANDINGS
Bunker Hill (7-0, 4-0)
Maiden (6-1, 4-0)
Lincolnton (4-3, 3-1)
West Lincoln (5-2, 2-2)
Newton-Conover (3-4, 2-2)
Bandys (2-5, 1-3)
East Burke (2-5, 0-4)
West Caldwell (0-7, 0-4)
Bandys
Maiden
Lincolnton
West Lincoln

Reactions: Maiden Creek
K I think I won all my picks even picked against my own school but I bout got an L that I woulda gladly took. Guess I jinxed em’

Anyway here’s mine for the week.

BANDYS. in a thriller. Newton will play this thing we’ll bring a border rivalry game but Bandys showed me some things in the EB game and may show up and take the Devils to the wire.

MAIDEN by a couple. It’s Maiden and BH is tough but will meet up with the higher caliber. Is what it is.

EAST BURKE in an all out close one. On a limb on this one. They showed they can run with the bigger dogs but just hadn’t closed the deal on 2 close games in a row. Got a feeling they get this one right in a historic game. This makes first time ever the Wolves have walked under the lights of EB.

WEST LINCOLN. No comment needed.

Heart and soul wants bandys to beat Newton my brain says Newton is more athletic. Who wins ?? I guess heart and bandys. Newton is due for their meltdown
If Bunker Hill plays like they have for past couple weeks and waiting to come back to win. Maiden could make this ugly. Maiden has really started clicking better last couple weeks, so maiden wins
East burke and Lincolnton this feels like it could go either way. But those kind of games east burke tends to lose, so I guess Lincolnton.
The only thing keeping west Lincoln score low this week is their style of offense, west Lincoln will run away with this. But west Caldwell will probably be the better sideline dancers while getting blown out

Bandys (2-5, 1-3) at Newton-Conover (3-4, 2-2): Saw Newton-Conover play last Friday. They have some offensive weapons. Really impressed by quarterback A. Luangkhot (not sure on spelling of last name) but he does well under pressure and he impresses me as a leader. They also have Stinson and other weapons for running and passing. I feel like their Achilles heel, like Bandys, is their defense. If the Red Devils can finish the fourth quarter somewhat well they could win. NC by 7

Bunker Hill (7-0, 4-0) at Maiden (6-1, 4-0) : Last year, the Blue Devils was leading BH 48-13 at the half (checked the box scores on MaxPreps) and went on to a 62-13 win. Don't think the Bears will let it happen this year. They'll use last years drubbing as their motivation but in the end the Blue Devils prevail. Maiden by 14

Lincolnton (4-3, 3-1) at East Burke (2-5, 0-4) : Like BFR said, it is the first time the Wolves have played at East Burke. I look for it to be really tough. The Cavaliers are hungry but sometimes we do better away than at home. Wolves by 10

West Lincoln (5-2, 2-2 at (0-7, 0-4) vs West Caldwell: Last week was the first time I saw West play, this year. They're very physical along with M. Avery, their workhorse. I could see why it took Maiden an entire fourth quarter to put them away. West by 35

Side Note: To AMD, Coming back from Hickory, today, I turned off Startown Road, there at Times Turnaround, and drove through Maiden. If one is going south on I suppose it's Main St., before it turns into Island Ford Road (both are Old U.S. 321 outside of town), heading towards Lincolnton, on the right, there is a house at the corner of 11th, Street. This house has what appears to be a metal roof. There is a great big Crown Victoria Ford sitting in the yard with a For Sale sign. This house is about three houses up from a small tire store still on the right, which is just above Boyd Street.

Post Script: Speaking of Boyd Street in Maiden, I have a first cousin who lives on it. I turned on it off of Main Street/Island Ford Road to go by his residence. Just after I turned onto Boyd Street I saw a woman standing in a yard on the right talking to an old man. Considering my less than good vision and from a distance she looked pretty good, she had on a black dress.
I couldn't pay much attention to her because there was a young'un in a yellow poncho getting ready to run out into the street. I can tell when they're getting ready to run out into the road, and I'd already started talking to myself in my most serious and deepest voice saying "Don't even think about it, get yourself back up in that yard".
The woman had her back to me so I beeped the horn to get her attention so she would tell the kid to get back. She just stood there with her back to me. As I rode by, she looked, well, kind of haggard, like she needed to straighten up and comb her hair. I thought, "something is wrong with them", so I went down the street and turned around.
Coming back I slowed down enough to notice that she and the man were artificial, Halloween props, you know. I pulled up to the young'un and it was one, too. Kind of got a laugh out of it. What bothered me is that I'd forgot Halloween was this month. Any of you get a chance, turn off Main St., look down on the right as soon as you turn. I'll declare it looked like a woman from a short distance. Whomever lives there has done a good job of decorating.

Bandys (2-5, 1-3) at Newton-Conover (3-4, 2-2): Saw Newton-Conover play last Friday. They have some offensive weapons. Really impressed by quarterback A. Luangkhot (not sure on spelling of last name) but he does well under pressure and he impresses me as a leader. They also have Stinson and other weapons for running and passing. I feel like their Achilles heel, like Bandys, is their defense. If the Red Devils can finish the fourth quarter somewhat well they could win. NC by 7

Bunker Hill (7-0, 4-0) at Maiden (6-1, 4-0) : Last year, the Blue Devils was leading BH 48-13 at the half (checked the box scores on MaxPreps) and went on to a 62-13 win. Don't think the Bears will let it happen this year. They'll use last years drubbing as their motivation but in the end the Blue Devils prevail. Maiden by 14

Lincolnton (4-3, 3-1) at East Burke (2-5, 0-4) : Like BFR said, it is the first time the Wolves have played at East Burke. I look for it to be really tough. The Cavaliers are hungry but sometimes we do better away than at home. Wolves by 10

West Lincoln (5-2, 2-2 at (0-7, 0-4) vs West Caldwell: Last week was the first time I saw West play, this year. They're very physical along with M. Avery, their workhorse. I could see why it took Maiden an entire fourth quarter to put them away. West by 35

Side Note: To AMD, Coming back from Hickory, today, I turned off Startown Road, there at Times Turnaround, and drove through Maiden. If one is going south on I suppose it's Main St., before it turns into Island Ford Road (both are Old U.S. 321 outside of town), heading towards Lincolnton, on the right, there is a house at the corner of 11th, Street. This house has what appears to be a metal roof. There is a great big Crown Victoria Ford sitting in the yard with a For Sale sign. This house is about three houses up from a small tire store still on the right, which is just above Boyd Street.

Post Script: Speaking of Boyd Street in Maiden, I have a first cousin who lives on it. I turned on it off of Main Street/Island Ford Road to go by his residence. Just after I turned onto Boyd Street I saw a woman standing in a yard on the right talking to an old man. Considering my less than good vision and from a distance she looked pretty good, she had on a black dress.
I couldn't pay much attention to her because there was a young'un in a yellow poncho getting ready to run out into the street. I can tell when they're getting ready to run out into the road, and I'd already started talking to myself in my most serious and deepest voice saying "Don't even think about it, get yourself back up in that yard".
The woman had her back to me so I beeped the horn to get her attention so she would tell the kid to get back. She just stood there with her back to me. As I rode by, she looked, well, kind of haggard, like she needed to straighten up and comb her hair. I thought, "something is wrong with them", so I went down the street and turned around.
Coming back I slowed down enough to notice that she and the man were artificial, Halloween props, you know. I pulled up to the young'un and it was one, too. Kind of got a laugh out of it. What bothered me is that I'd forgot Halloween was this month. Any of you get a chance, turn off Main St., look down on the right as soon as you turn. I'll declare it looked like a woman from a short distance. Whomever lives there has done a good job of decorating.
Thanks I'll check it out if price is right could have a crown Vic Parked next to the Lincoln Town car 🤣🤣

I’m gonna take Newton at home over Bandys. The Red Devils are 3-1 at home and the Trojans are 1-3 on the road. Having said that….I still think this game is a prime example of what the CVAC is all about. Toss up game after Toss up game! If either teams wins…I won’t be surprised.

Bunker Hill is 7-0…ranked 8th in 2a by Max Preps and they’re the only west 2a team that has 2 wins over other top 20 2a WEST teams….that being the Wolves and the Johnny’s. I’m taking Maiden and I do believe this game will NOT be a 50 point blow out.

I’ll take Lincolnton in a slugfest! East Burke is going to try and run it down their throats…they have some speed too….but the Wolves ain’t gonna let them do it. I’m thinking a low scoring game like 17-10….could be 7-6. 😂

I’ve got West Caldwell winning a game….but not this one….I’ll take West Lincoln.

I had 10-1 odds on those Warriors daggum it!……so it ain’t over yet!🤬

jeepers, amd, what's all the fuss about, why all the hate for us humble lincolnton sorts YOU WRETCHED LITTLE DEVIL YOU

Well I can attribute three definite losses to y'all maybe four On my record. Which would put me right there with maiden Creek at the top of the list so a little bitter maybe. 🤣🤣
jeepers, amd, what's all the fuss about, why all the hate for us humble lincolnton sorts YOU WRETCHED LITTLE DEVIL YOU

I'll stick with Bandys as I have all year. This game will be a slobber knocker. Trojans by 3.

Maiden wins...the question is by how much? Like last year? Possibly...but probably not. BH will want revenge...and we ain't giving it to them. They'll send blitzes often and early I believe...like last year they'll start hot and fizzle out...Maiden by 21

Lincolnton bc they are at home. EB will have their hands full with how aggressive Lincolnton is. Lincolnton by 14.

West State Runner Up Runner Up Cat Square Rebel Johnny Lincoln by 42

@Lincolnton even if I was a game behind but maiden Creek he's got West Caldwell winning one game this year so I would have caught up 🤣🤣
AMD, when you do this you're sending out bad vibes and they're contagious. After you hexed me, this morning, with your never-Lincolnton posts I went out for some lunch and encountered not one but two negative incidents. A man in an RV, looked like a rolling double-wide, got on my bumper and kept blowing the horn. I thought "son, d@mnit, we're in the turn lane... When I got to the restaurant whose name I won't call, The associate mumbled something and not really thinking, I simply said, "I'd like something to go, please", and she said "You're in the drive-thru, sir", real snarky. I could hear the other ones laughing in the background...I realized right then, you had fouled my day. Hello, hello, let us be positive, here.

AMD, when you do this you're sending out bad vibes and they're contagious. After you hexed me, this morning, with your never-Lincolnton posts I went out for some lunch and encountered not one but two negative incidents. A man in an RV, looked like a rolling double-wide, got on my bumper and kept blowing the horn. I thought "son, d@mnit, we're in the turn lane... When I got to the restaurant whose name I won't call, The associate mumbled something and not really thinking, I simply said, "I'd like something to go, please", and she said "You're in the drive-thru, sir", real snarky. I could hear the other ones laughing in the background...I realized right then, you had fouled my day. Hello, hello, let us be positive, here.

From the looks of things u need to sign up for Uber 😂. They will drive u where u wanna go and deliver what ya want to eat to you. Then all your problems are solved 🤣🤣. I'm a solution man, I find answers to issues 🤣🤣

Reactions: Lincolnton
Newton Conover - Bandys was down 45 to 13 at one point vs Maiden Newton Conover rolls on homecoming

Maiden - I love what coach Reid has done to this program but Maiden has gotten better since the watauga game Jacob Sigmon Rahiem Mishner it's no longer the Thompson Culliver Gibbs show here

Lincolnton they are starting to roll great game for East Burke a well coached team but blew a 20 to 9 lead and Ben Mass can't throw Wolves been battle tested wolf hallow clinches a wildcard in this game

West Lincoln by much as they want maybe maybe mason Avery breaks the school record for rushing yards

Last edited:
GSO, thank you, my friend. Thanks for the well-wish for the Wolves, too. All the best to your teams over in the Triad area. It is always good to hear from you.

Here ya go @321North

Four 2A games that should be somewhat close.

RS Central @ East Rutherford
TW Andrews @ Morehead
North Wilkes @ Surry Central
SW Randolph @ Randleman

St.Pauls is at Clinton
If he can go out of classification Cherryville is at Thomas Jefferson and Eastern Randolph is at Providence Grove (P.Grove is 2A)
I thought about those...figured to keep things floating evenly I would keep it 2A West...however, I am not in charge...just the records keeper.

If the group votes yay, we'll give him my 4 options and Lincolnton 3 options and he'll pick his 4 winners of the 7 games. All in favor? Aye

I thought about those...figured to keep things floating evenly I would keep it 2A West...however, I am not in charge...just the records keeper.

If the group votes yay, we'll give him my 4 options and Lincolnton 3 options and he'll pick his 4 winners of the 7 games. All in favor? Aye
Aye.

RS Central
TW Andrew’s
Surry Central
Randleman
Clinton
Cherryville
Eastern Randoph
These are my picks . Those are some good games . Pretty good match ups. I appreciate y’all. I love high school football
7 picks above...only need 4. I will use a random number generator to select 4 random numbers between 1 and 7:

1 RS Central
4 Randleman
6 Cherryville
7 Eastern Randolph

I'll get them logged. Good luck!

CalPreps:
Newton +12 --> 38-26
Maiden +7 --> 34-27
Lincolnton +12 --> 26-14
W Lincoln +42 --> 49-7

Massey:
Newton +14 --> 36-22
Maiden +21 --> 35-14
Lincolnton +13 --> 27-14
W Lincoln +33 --> 41-8

Simmons: TBD

Average as of now:
Newton +13
Maiden +14
Lincolnton +12.5
W Lincoln +37.5

CalPreps:
Newton +12 --> 38-26
Maiden +7 --> 34-27
Lincolnton +12 --> 26-14
W Lincoln +42 --> 49-7

Massey:
Newton +14 --> 36-22
Maiden +21 --> 35-14
Lincolnton +13 --> 27-14
W Lincoln +33 --> 41-8

Simmons: TBD

Average as of now:
Newton +13
Maiden +14
Lincolnton +12.5
W Lincoln +37.5
Based off of last weeks Simmons ratings:

Newton +13
Maiden +9
Lincolnton +16
W Lincoln +46

We'll see how different this weeks ratings are and how that'll change his projections

I guess if I were a betting man I would have typed: Lincolnton -12.5

But I've shown my hand, so to speak, that I'm not a gambler
Some days I make 20 bets. Some days, I make none…so I wait, plan, marshal my resources. And when I finally see an opportunity and there is a bet to make, I bet it all. – Arnold Rothstein Boardwalk Empire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT