ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 9

Barn Burner in Icard tonight. Can we hold????? 17 to 14 EB but Lincolnton driving with 154 left.

I got to meet Lincolnton tonight. Very good man. Maybe I’ll meet Grizz one day. Good game to meet. Well Lincolnton just scored soon as I typed this up. 20 to 17 Lincolnton. We CAN NOT guard a pass……(crying). 146 left

Trick play to lineman...backward pass missed behind the line..picked up and ran in. 2 point good. 36-33 Maiden. 46 seconds. Unsportsmanlike for celebration against Maiden. Kickoff from our 25

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Another heartbreaker!!
I’d say we are just a QB and a DB away from being almost an undefeated team. I know those kids try I ain’t knocking none of em’ but it just stinks coming up this SHORT against the whole conference. West Lincoln game, prob not close. Way too much talent out there. We got alot coming back though but losing Luke Wilson is gonna really hurt

Well, some useless but fun info.

After tonight East Burke is all time 2- 5 vs Lincoln County schools in football. 1st win against East Lincoln in 1993 it was my Jr year and we only won 3 games that year and that was one of them. Other win was against West Lincoln in an upset somewere around 16’ 17’ I believe. I know it’s only 2 wins but I could be off on the losses.

Our time….is next season. ALOT coming back with good JV RB coming up to help next year. Losing alittle size and Luke Wilson but if EB does anything to turn heads, next year will be the year to do it. After next year we might be what West Caldwell is now

We got a bunch of healing to do. East Burke is big and pretty quick, too. They are a physically bruising team.
Two of our three touchdowns were set up by long passes, but we got picked at least twice.
We’re pretty good with the onside kick, but they (EB) pulled off one that I couldn’t believe, it looked surreal. Good luck to the Cavaliers the rest of the way.
WAY TO GO WOLVES.

Post Script: East Burke has one of the nicest high school stadiums I’ve been to. Definitely small college level rather than high school, and it’s well kept.

Side Note: To GrizzlyDevil, number 18 got hurt. It appears to be his shin or knee. He went down early in the game and didn’t return. They kept his leg iced down. If I hear anything further I’ll pass it on.

We got a bunch of healing to do. East Burke is big and pretty quick, too. They are a physically bruising team.
Two of our three touchdowns were set up by long passes, but we got picked at least twice.
We’re pretty good with the onside kick, but they (EB) pulled off one that I couldn’t believe, it looked surreal. Good luck to the Cavaliers the rest of the way.
WAY TO GO WOLVES.

Post Script: East Burke has one of the nicest high school stadiums I’ve been to. Definitely small college level rather than high school, and it’s well kept.

Side Note: To GrizzlyDevil, number 18 got hurt. It appears to be his shin or knee. He went down early in the game and didn’t return. They kept his leg iced down. If I hear anything further I’ll pass it on.
Appreciate the thumbs up on our stadium. They should hold some playoff games in it that they’d anticipate being super crowded with the schools that are playing getting a huge cut from the gate sales.

Hope your player is ok and heals up. Whew I’m telling ya EB might just be one of the best 2 win teams this side of the state in 2A. We played everyone close but Maiden and had an aweful game against Bandys

Looks like come playoff time I’ll hit up Draughn games. My dad and his dad and my uncle all played ball for Valdese HS which that’s pretty much what Draughn is. Valdese HS all over again just differ mascot. Baby cousin is a cheerleader for Draughn so I guess I got one team to watch in postseason. And North Lincoln ha ha. Looked like Foard had them on the ropes in the 1st quarter. That ain’t good ha ha.

And…going back to Lincoln co series vrs EB. Only North has yet to step out there with em. Maybe somebody out a bug in NL coaches ear. Schedule the Cavs next year. I know he misses playing us from his other schools he coached for :)

Last edited:
BFR, you told me one time about having a relative living in the North Lincoln area but I had no clue that you had another significant connection to the Knights. I see why you pull for them.
It was really good to meet you my friend. Hope some of the other CVAC posters get to meet you, and you, them.

Post Script: About Valdése High School, I’ll have to ask Cheerduck, our resident expert on Burke County football what the name and colors of the Valdese teams were.

Coach Reid has done an amazing job at Bunker Hill if they don't win the conference next season I'll be surprised. Maiden was lucky to win. Glad to see Alec Hall back hopefully he'll catch up with the playbook and help Maiden in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised Bunker Hill wins a game or 2 in the state playoffs. Robinson is a stud.

Coach Reid has done an amazing job at Bunker Hill if they don't win the conference next season I'll be surprised. Maiden was lucky to win. Glad to see Alec Hall back hopefully he'll catch up with the playbook and help Maiden in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised Bunker Hill wins a game or 2 in the state playoffs. Robinson is a stud.
The coach has done a good job at Bunker Hill but last night was a lot to do with our own self-inflicted wounds we were lucky to win as much as we shot ourselves in the foot. Robinson is not bad I wouldn't complain if his family found a nice house in maiden they liked and bought then moved too 🤣🤣

Raheem misher is starting to look like he's coming into his own some big plays that have looked good last couple games as a sophomore. What's a maturity and a little bit more working on his game I can see him being a focal point next year in the offense. It was a talking to a group that I was in last night he seems really excited seems like football is becoming a true focus for him

Turn the ball over 4 times, defense played on a short field over half the night, offense had to drive the full length all but two drives...you're right, we were lucky...BH has a great team and very quick athletes. They'll wreak havoc for sure...

By my quick look calculations...They'll be an 11 seed and host no. 22 Shelby as of the RPI at 1am this morning...it'll be different by Tuesday I'm sure

Both sides see things they believe should or should not have been called,
Don’t feel like the officials cost East Burke the game. We were down 10-0 but managed to scratch our way back after being beaten so badly in the first half. Even if you’re not able to give our team any credit I think we made a good effort which gave us the win.

Gonna sound weird to say with the score of game last night but I was kinda impressed with the way our defense played last night. We held Bunker Hill in check pretty good. Besides the short fields from turnovers. I think having Alec back in a limited capacity helped. Especially on outside plays. If offense didn't have the turnovers and penalties I really don't think the game would of been as close as it was. But Bunker Hill made the best of our mistakes so gotta give them credit.

Hopefully we can take this near loss as a learning lesson. And help our QB out, so he can learn to pull out close games and being a winner/maiden mindset. Still wish the boy would quit pulling up at the line of scrimmage when he has an open field in front of him to run.

Hopefully we can take this near loss as a learning lesson. And help our QB out, so he can learn to pull out close games and being a winner/maiden mindset. Still wish the boy would quit pulling up at the line of scrimmage when he has an open field in front of him to run.
He definitely needs to run haha

I don't know how bad I was screaming last night on that one play run run run but nope you stopped right at the line of scrimmage and starts looking around for a dump
My dad and I were hollering too haha...I understand wanting to make the play downfield...but sometimes you are the best play available. Take off son, use those long legs

What a great game to be at. Bunker Hill could have easily won but luckily Maiden pulled it out. BH is definitely better than they were last year and will probably be the favorites to win the conference next year. Truthfully I don't think Maiden is quite as good as last year. Having Alec back may change my mind on that though. Glad to see him gradually getting back into it. He looked like he was moving pretty well.

Knowing Maiden is next for us, it would be nice to think that since we played Bunker Hill close then maybe, just maybe we could play with the Blue Devils, which no matter what, I always hope we can.
It’s a little sobering though to know that Maiden beat BH with their (BH’s) star running back, last night, and he was only in the game for a few plays against us.
In my opinion he is a game changer. Last night he had something like 162 yards in 28 carries which is really good against a good team. I’m not sure if he played against West Lincoln but I don’t think so.

Last edited:

Very happy to see what Coach Reid has done there. I remember watching him in his days at Freedom. Always great to see local products doing well.

BFR, you told me one time about having a relative living in the North Lincoln area but I had no clue that you had another significant connection to the Knights. I see why you pull for them.
It was really good to meet you my friend. Hope some of the other CVAC posters get to meet you, and you, them.

Post Script: About Valdése High School, I’ll have to ask Cheerduck, our resident expert on Burke County football what the name and colors of the Valdese teams were.

Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT