ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - State Playoffs Round 2

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Round 2
Maiden (10-1, 7-0) vs Mount Pleasant (8-3, 4-1)
Bunker Hill (10-1, 6-1) at Community School of Davidson (10-1, 6-0)
Lincolnton (6-5, 4-3) at Monroe (10-1, 4-0)

Rolling out the mats and the round balls
West Lincoln (8-3, 5-2)
Bandys (4-6, 3-4)
Newton-Conover (3-7, 2-5)
East Burke (3-7, 1-6)
West Caldwell (0-10, 0-7)

**Records from MaxPreps**

Too soon for West Lincoln, wasn’t someone saying beginning of season they was gonna win it all? Hendersonville is usually pretty good, wouldnt expect any less.

I’m going with
Maiden. Too easy. They got this

Bunker Hill in a close one.

Lincolnton players will be dribbling on the 14th around 315 pm

Last year going into the playoffs people assumed Monroe was going to be arguably the toughest game the Wolves played all season. Lincolnton led very early. This year Lincolnton will have no reason to be afraid as they have already played some talented teams who should be playing past Thanksgiving. Granted Monroe has played some dang good teams to get to this point. There is no reason to be afraid of the Red Hawks. Just go out play for the uniform and themselves. Maybe, we get a wacky weather scenario that helps and keeps it close. Instead of win one for the Gipper it can be win for Heath.

Last edited:
I saw a CSD fan posting about their great stats yesterday. I gotta think that a lot of that comes from the schedule they play. I guarantee Bunker Hill will be the hardest match up they have had all year.
Watched tape on BH - compared competition - to be honest I don’t think the CVAC is all that impressive either. BH isn’t big - BH has one impact player on offense and their defense has many holes. They played a similar offense to ours in Maiden, and it was a L. Not saying we will win because of that but I think it’s hilarious you look at our schedule and make those assumptions. At the end of the day - we can only play who’s on our schedule and the clock was running in 6/10 games. Our starters only played half the game in 6 games. Scores could have been way worse but we aren’t that kind of team.
Let’s see how the game plays out - BH is a great team. But, so are we.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maiden wins by 2 scores
BH by 7-10
Monroe beats us, but I am hopeful that we are able to pull off the upset. With rain in the forecast Friday that definitely plays into our favor.

Watched tape on BH - compared competition - to be honest I don’t think the CVAC is all that impressive either. BH isn’t big - BH has one impact player on offense and their defense has many holes. They played a similar offense to ours in Maiden, and it was a L. Not saying we will win because of that but I think it’s hilarious you look at our schedule and make those assumptions. At the end of the day - we can only play who’s on our schedule and the clock was running in 6/10 games. Our starters only played half the game in 6 games. Scores could have been way worse but we aren’t that kind of team.
I'd suggest scheduling some better teams, if you want your cred to precede you. BH isn't a "great" team, as compared to others in the area, but they are quite good. On the chance your stats follow you to Claremont, you'll get the cred you want.

I'd suggest scheduling some better teams, if you want your cred to precede you. BH isn't a "great" team, as compared to others in the area, but they are quite good. On the chance your stats follow you to Claremont, you'll get the cred you want.
That’s completely fair.

Sportsguy5555, aren't you maybe helping amaidendevils argument, there ? I got to say, though, you do stick up for your team.

Too soon for West Lincoln, wasn’t someone saying beginning of season they was gonna win it all? Hendersonville is usually pretty good, wouldnt expect any less.

I’m going with
Maiden. Too easy. They got this

Bunker Hill in a close one.

BFR, what's wrong with that ? I do it all the time. Oh, wait ! I thought you said drivel. Uh, disregard.

I don't think u can compare our cvac conference to y'all's. I don't think the majority of y'all's teams finish in top 6 of our conference. Our only weak spot is west Caldwell and I believe the majority of us would like to see them out of our conference because they hurt our rpi. And you can schedule better competition before the conference starts.

Mount Pleasant at Maiden: Mt. Pleasant beat Walkertown and played a close game with Robinson, but this is a step up for them. Maiden by 14
Bunker Hill at Community School of Davidson: Sportsguy 5555, these guys have more than one impact player on offense. BH by 18
Lincolnton at Monroe: Oh yeah, the elephant in the room. Last year, Monroe beat us 57-13. Don't have any reason to believe they're any less of a team than they were last year. All I have is hope and faith, and I never pick against the Wolves, it's an old thing. Wolves by 1.

*Picks are in bold

I don't think u can compare our cvac conference to y'all's. I don't think the majority of y'all's teams finish in top 6 of our conference. Our only weak spot is west Caldwell and I believe the majority of us would like to see them out of our conference because they hurt our rpi. And you can schedule better competition before the conference starts.
Ok - I’ll bite. Here is your schedule this year.

Stuart Cramer (4-7) W

St Stephens (4-7) W

North Iredell (2-8) W by 6

Lincolnton (6-5) W by 1

West Caldwell (0-10) W

West Lincoln (8-3) W by 1

Maiden (10-1) L by 3

Newton Conover (3-7) W by 11

Bandys (4-6) W
You guys beat 2 teams with winning records (the only 2 on your schedule I might add, outside of Maiden, and you only beat them by one point. You beat North Iredell who is 2-6 by 6 points. Newton Conover with 3 wins by only 11.
Our schedule may look like yours but I can promise you when we played those 2-8 teams, the clock was running in the first half. We had the clock running on CTK (8-1 at time) and also beat a 9-0 PLP team by 18. We also have 4 teams from our conference that advanced to the 2nd round of the state playoffs. How many teams from your conference are advancing to second round? Seems pretty fair to say that we aren’t that far off. Everyone loves to act like Meck County doesn’t have the best football in the state and it’s not even close.
All that said - again, loud and clear - none of this means anything. There are injuries, it’s a long season and both teams are well coached. There will be ups and downs for both and the team that can manage their emotions and do their jobs will win this game. It honestly has nothing to do with strength of schedule at this point. Best of luck to Bunker Hill!

Stuart Cramer (4-7) W

St Stephens (4-7) W

Lincolnton (6-5) W by 1

West Caldwell (0-10) W

Maiden (10-1) L by 3

Bandys (4-6) W
You guys beat 2 teams with winning records (the only 2 on your schedule I might add, outside of Maiden, and you only beat them by one point. You beat North Iredell who is 2-6 by 6 points. Newton Conover with 3 wins by only 11.
Our schedule may look like yours but I can promise you when we played those 2-8 teams, the clock was running in the first half. We had the clock running on CTK (8-1 at time) and also beat a 9-0 PLP team by 18. We also have 4 teams from our conference that advanced to the 2nd round of the state playoffs. How many teams from your conference are advancing to second round? Seems pretty fair to say that we aren’t that far off. Everyone loves to act like Meck County doesn’t have the best football in the state and it’s not even close.
All that said - again, loud and clear - none of this means anything. There are injuries, it’s a long season and both teams are well coached. There will be ups and downs for both and the team that can manage their emotions and do their jobs will win this game. It honestly has nothing to do with strength of schedule at this point. Best of luck to Bunker Hill!
I'm not a Bunker Hill guy. I'm a maiden guy

Stuart Cramer (4-7) W

St Stephens (4-7) W

Lincolnton (6-5) W by 1

West Caldwell (0-10) W

Maiden (10-1) L by 3

Bandys (4-6) W
I have no dog in this fight, but I am just curious. Where do you believe teams like PLP, and CTK would finish in the CVAC?

I have no dog in this fight, but I am just curious. Where do you believe teams like PLP, and CTK would finish in the CVAC?
PLP is a damn good football team. I believe they’d compete with all the teams we would and I think it would be a battle at the top between Maiden/BH/CSD/PLP. Would be a great conference. This is CTK’s first real successful season and they have a great coaching staff. They would compete, not sure where they’d finish. The point I was trying to make was - let’s not act like CVAC is THAT much better than our competition. Hell even Burns/Shelby/EG have a horrendous conference they play in. We can only play who’s on all of our schedules.

Sportsguy.....you will not receive any love on here until you start consistently beating good teams. Your schedule is weak (to no fault of your own) and no one believes PLP is a good team either. Y'all start going 3 and 4 rounds deep every year, then you may get some attention. You're also a charter school. No one here likes charter schools either. You're fighting a big uphill battle to gain respect.

Sportsguy.....you will not receive any love on here until you start consistently beating good teams. Your schedule is weak (to no fault of your own) and no one believes PLP is a good team either. Y'all start going 3 and 4 rounds deep every year, then you may get some attention. You're also a charter school. No one here likes charter schools either. You're fighting a big uphill battle to gain respect.
This isn’t about earning respect - this is about arguing strength of schedule and conference. We win a lot of games. We are very used to going to the 2/3rd round of playoffs every year. This is our 2nd year in 2A so I know a lot of people don’t know us and that’s fine. And I agree that no one will take us seriously until we make consistent noise in the 3rd + rounds of playoffs year in and out. But, let’s not pretend that the CVAC is that much better than the talent we play. Even IF it’s a little better - we only play who we can and so far this year - we have averaged 50 points a game and haven’t let up that many TD’s. Our starting D has let up 5 total TD’s in 9 games. Don’t care what level you’re at - that’s tough and we will be a tough W.

PLP is a damn good football team. I believe they’d compete with all the teams we would and I think it would be a battle at the top between Maiden/BH/CSD/PLP. Would be a great conference. This is CTK’s first real successful season and they have a great coaching staff. They would compete, not sure where they’d finish. The point I was trying to make was - let’s not act like CVAC is THAT much better than our competition. Hell even Burns/Shelby/EG have a horrendous conference they play in. We can only play who’s on all of our schedules
After looking over schedules and the conference, I would have to respectfully disagree. But the playoffs are a new season and all of that goes out the window.

Does CSD have their own field?…or do they use Davidsons?

Does PLP have their own field?

Just curious?

IgnoramusesWLW%Games Back
Maiden Creek48886%--
catawbavalleyexpert48886%--
GrizzlyDevil47984%--
Burkeforreal47984%--
amaidendevil421081%4
Dadof23451180%--
Wolf4Lyfe441279%--
321North361275%8
Lincolnton401671%--

Round 12A West2ANCWLPFPAAPFAPAAMargin
#5 Maiden334710147021842.719.822.9
#21 Mount Pleasant16261288335817532.515.916.6
#7 Monroe22341015028245.67.538.2
#23 Lincolnton19291396526528424.125.8-1.7
#4 CS of Davidson12149210149715945.214.530.7
#13 Bunker Hill9117810137421834.019.814.2

…"There will be ups and downs for both and the team that can manage their emotions and do their jobs will win this game. It honestly has nothing to do with strength of schedule at this point. Best of luck to Bunker Hill!" Excerpt by Sportsguy5555 #18

…"This isn’t about earning respect - this is about arguing strength of schedule and conference."
Excerpt by Sportsguy5555 #23

Sportsguy, hats off to you for taking on an entire crowd and speaking up for your school. You got my respect, course, maybe you don't want it. You should take a break from time to time, though; They're pretty good, they'll have you arguing with yourself.;)

I like Maiden in this one too. Mt. Pleasant…like Polk…is a class act program. I’m glad we had the chance to play both teams. Mt. Pleasant shocked me with that win over Walkertown…gosh the Wolves looked good against Reidsville. I gotta feeling the Tigers are a little better this year and the Blue Devils better be ready for another great game. Man!…that blue Devil offense was sump’em else last week…they keeping doing that!…they’re gonna be difficult to beat.

I’m taking Bunker Hill….the Bears have been through some close games and have seen a lot….CSD has an explosive offense for sure….but the Bears will be too good…Willis Jr will run roughshod behind that Bear line….if they stop him…which they won’t….Redek, McCleave, and Boston will make up the difference. Go! Bears.

Ugh!!! I’m taking Monroe.🤬
I do believe this game will be closer than last year. Lincolnton has shown they can play with great teams….like South Point (3rd lowest margin), East Lincoln(held them to their lowest score), took BH and West Lincoln to the wire, etc. etc.
I’ll be pulling for Lincolnton with all I got!!!
Gotta keep believing, keep fighting, keep it close til late and get ‘em like you have done others this year!
Go! Wolves!!

Good luck! Fellers. Go CVAC!

On MaxPreps it seems like Mount Pleasant doesn't post their stats...so I can't do a comparison like last week versus Polk. However...I'll still post ours for consistency's sake:

PositionNameSchoolGPCompAttYDSTDINTQBRPCTYDS/GYDS/COMPConf2AState
QBW. THOMPSONMAIDEN111492232868366138.20.67260.719.2124

PositionNameSchoolGPAttYdsTDYDS/GYDS/AttConf2AState
RBB. GIBBSMAIDEN11208133919121.76.421041

PositionNameSchoolGPRecYdsTDYDS/GYDS/RecConf2AState
WRC. CULLIVERMAIDEN1165142221129.321.9112
WRJ. SIGMONMAIDEN1140537248.813.4738-
WRR. MISHERMAIDEN1014479747.934.21049-

Note: for Ben Gibbs...someone changed his name to "This Team is Terrible" when I was looking it up. If you click on that name it does go to Ben Gibbs player page...but for the stats page it's "This Team is Terrible"

WOW: Misher has 14 receptions for 7 TDs and averages 34 yards a catch!

Watched tape on BH - compared competition - to be honest I don’t think the CVAC is all that impressive either:

You may not believe that the CVAC is all that impressive, that's fine. They are much much more impressive than the conference y'all are in by a long country mile:

AVG Rankings for CVAC:
MaxPreps = 191
CalPreps = 6937
Massey = 6225
Simmons doesn't come out to Friday...but it's the same song and dance

AVG Rankings for the 1A/2A Charter Caucus:
MaxPreps = 264
CalPreps = 8857
Massey = 9514

MP strength of schedule: BH = -3.5 / CSD = -11.5

CSD played 8 1A teams, 1 2A team, 1 3A team = East Gaston was the 2nd best team you played across all rankings - PLP was the Best team y'all have faced. Your 1 loss was to the 4th best team on your schedule...a 1A team that lost in the 1st round to a 3-8 Cherokee team

BH played 7 2A teams, 3 3A teams = BH 1 loss was to the best team they've played, #47 Maiden.
BH isn’t big - BH has one impact player on offense and their defense has many holes. They played a similar offense to ours in Maiden, and it was a L. Not saying we will win because of that but I think it’s hilarious you look at our schedule and make those assumptions:

Big/smig - tomAto/tomato - You're making your assumption from film I guess. Size doesn't matter too much. West Caldwell is the biggest team I've seen and they didn't win a game. Stood outside their locker room when they played Bandys and all but 4 kids were taller than me and were lean. I'm 6-foot 235-lbs and 15% body fat. This is nothing to base an argument over at all. Yes, they lost to us 36-33, they played their best game, yes our offenses are similar...doens't mean you'll get the same result or that by playing us they didn't learn a thing or two extra to apply to your team.

Bunker Hill's one loss was to Maiden:
Ranked 47th on MP, 2245 on CP, 1842 on Massey

CS of Davidson's one loss was to Starmount:
Ranked 213th on MP, 7415 on CP, 6202 on Massey

BH has a QB with the best pocket presence I've seen all year. They have 2 receivers that catch everything thrown to them. And for most of the season BH played without their star RB who is going to be a handful. BH is very much a pick your poison team, they have 4 players that will kill ya.

CSD has an amazing offense and defense...what we all question is how easy your schedule was. That question will be answered in a few short days.

Very true, and our conference is much tougher than yours. What we can control is our non-conference schedule:

Non Conf OPP AVG Rankings:
BH: 225 MP, 7639 CP, 7239 Massey
CSD: 268 MP, 9011 CP, 8825 Massey

Yes and Yes - This will be two great teams playing this week. I hope for a great game and a safe game. I appreciate and admire your fire for your team. This will truly be the biggest test your team has faced all year.

Watched tape on BH - compared competition - to be honest I don’t think the CVAC is all that impressive either:

You may not believe that the CVAC is all that impressive, that's fine. They are much much more impressive than the conference y'all are in by a long country mile:

AVG Rankings for CVAC:
MaxPreps = 191
CalPreps = 6937
Massey = 6225
Simmons doesn't come out to Friday...but it's the same song and dance

AVG Rankings for the 1A/2A Charter Caucus:
MaxPreps = 264
CalPreps = 8857
Massey = 9514

MP strength of schedule: BH = -3.5 / CSD = -11.5

CSD played 8 1A teams, 1 2A team, 1 3A team = East Gaston was the 2nd best team you played across all rankings - PLP was the Best team y'all have faced. Your 1 loss was to the 4th best team on your schedule...a 1A team that lost in the 1st round to a 3-8 Cherokee team

BH played 7 2A teams, 3 3A teams = BH 1 loss was to the best team they've played, #47 Maiden.
BH isn’t big - BH has one impact player on offense and their defense has many holes. They played a similar offense to ours in Maiden, and it was a L. Not saying we will win because of that but I think it’s hilarious you look at our schedule and make those assumptions:

Big/smig - tomAto/tomato - You're making your assumption from film I guess. Size doesn't matter too much. West Caldwell is the biggest team I've seen and they didn't win a game. Stood outside their locker room when they played Bandys and all but 4 kids were taller than me and were lean. I'm 6-foot 235-lbs and 15% body fat. This is nothing to base an argument over at all. Yes, they lost to us 36-33, they played their best game, yes our offenses are similar...doens't mean you'll get the same result or that by playing us they didn't learn a thing or two extra to apply to your team.

Bunker Hill's one loss was to Maiden:
Ranked 47th on MP, 2245 on CP, 1842 on Massey

CS of Davidson's one loss was to Starmount:
Ranked 213th on MP, 7415 on CP, 6202 on Massey

BH has a QB with the best pocket presence I've seen all year. They have 2 receivers that catch everything thrown to them. And for most of the season BH played without their star RB who is going to be a handful. BH is very much a pick your poison team, they have 4 players that will kill ya.

CSD has an amazing offense and defense...what we all question is how easy your schedule was. That question will be answered in a few short days.

Very true, and our conference is much tougher than yours. What we can control is our non-conference schedule:

Non Conf OPP AVG Rankings:
BH: 225 MP, 7639 CP, 7239 Massey
CSD: 268 MP, 9011 CP, 8825 Massey

Yes and Yes - This will be two great teams playing this week. I hope for a great game and a safe game. I appreciate and admire your fire for your team. This will truly be the biggest test your team has faced all year.
love it. 💪🏼

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT