ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby High Golden Lions vs Lincolnton High Wolves

It seems like it's been forever since these two have played. Lincolnton seems to be playing their best football right now. Should be a good one at Blanton Memorial.
It been awhile, a big challenge for the wolves. Lincolnton and Shelby played many years in the same conference. Shelby is truly one of the football capitals of NC football. Wolves will have to play their a game Friday night. That said the faithful believe the Wolves have a shot. Prepared well play Ltown football and remember Shelby just the next team up Go Wolves!!!

Saw Lincolnton live and in person a couple weeks ago against that Onion Sandwich eating Maiden Creeks lowly team... Like to have froze to death and left, and missed the game of the night

Anyway, Lincolnton has a very good QB in Bost... Fast as lightning, but if I am being honest he will get his yards on the ground BUT it wont be enough, Shelby is too big, fast and strong overall for the Wolves

Licolnton will start the game in their 3 man front with undersized down linemen... Shelby will run over through and around them until they bring in some help close then Bridges and Company will have their way....

Will be close for a while, but Shelby pulls away....

Just the way I see it, if I am wrong I wont be scared to say so.....

Should be a great atmosphere, those Wolves travel well and bring a lot of enthusiasm as do their fans....

Last edited:
Saw Lincolnton live and in person a couple weeks ago against that Onion Sandwich eating Maiden Creeks lowly team... Like to have froze to death and left, and missed the game of the night

Anyway, Lincolnton has a very good QB in Bost... Fast as lightning, but if I am being honest he will get his yards on the ground BUT it wont be enough, Shelby is too big, fast and strong overall for the Wolves

Licolnton will start the game in their 3 man front with undersized down linemen... Shelby will run over through and around them until they bring in some help close then Bridges and Company will have their way....

Will be close for a while, but Shelby pulls away....

Just the way I see it, if I am wrong I wont be scared to say so.....

Should be a great atmosphere, those Wolves travel well and bring a lot of enthusiasm as do their fans....
Ain’t nothing wrong with an onion biscuit!!!

Little mustard….Sheeeiiittt!

Let’s go!!! Wolves.

SHS Lion, thanks for the thread, and thanks Maiden Creek, and Shelbyfan1...Right now I sort of have an idea of how David felt when he penned Psalm 22: 13-15... We know who and what we're up against. Early in the season after the Lions lost to Crest, Shelby Lion in one of his posts said, "We are going to be better than some think", and he was right, and now it's clear they are a title contender.
We have to play as hard and as tough as we can to stay with these guys, but I can't remember when playing Shelby wasn't a mountain to climb. Countyline said we always believe we have a chance of winning and I agree with him.
Go Wolves !

Guys, I saw something last night that I haven't seen before in high school football and just wanted to give a tip of the hat to a versatile player: During our game with North Surry, I saw a member of our team play quarterback and center. That's correct, both positions. Here's how it played out: Lincolnton was inside the North Surry 5 yard line. The Wolves were using a straight-T backfield with Karson Cloninger at QB. He takes the snap and hands off to Khamoni Heath, who plunges into the endzone for the score. Cloninger then moves to center for the point-after attempt... It's not unusual for a QB to hold for the extra-point but this was the first time I've seen one move to center. He is also a linebacker and our leading tackler.

Going to be a much better game than people are expecting. Really excited to come back to Shelby. Always a great time and gracious hosts. These young Wolves will be as hungry as ever. Can't wait. I'm going on a limb and saying Lincolnton continues to shock the world and pulls put a 1pt victory on a 2pt conversion

I was texting Scott C. This morning i was kidding him bout taking it easy on us
shelbyfan1, Lincolnton went something like 30 some years without beating Shelby, there were years we didn't play them during that time but it was a long streak. He was our coach when we finally beat them in 2001 at Shelby, many of our fans got so excited they poured over the front retaining wall on the visitors' side. It looked like a medieval invasion, and some went onto the field and yanked up divots of grass and dirt to carry back to Lincolnton as souvenirs.
Coach Norman was being interviewed by Football Friday Night. The reporter standing beside of him said it looks like they're pulling up your field, to which Coach Norman responded, It's their night, let them enjoy it, we'll take care of the field later. He could have flown mad and had the law enforcement to run them off but instead showed a lot of class, which is part of being a championship program.

Going to be a much better game than people are expecting. Really excited to come back to Shelby. Always a great time and gracious hosts. These young Wolves will be as hungry as ever. Can't wait. I'm going on a limb and saying Lincolnton continues to shock the world and pulls put a 1pt victory on a 2pt conversion
Now we’re talking !!!! We just need Mr Lincolnton to fire some bricks across the bow at us but he’s just too nice ;)

It's a little too early. Between now and next Friday, I'll sleep wrong and my neck will feel like you and creek have corkscrewed it, or I'll trip over something in the garage and fall, or some man wearing a cowboy hat will cuss me out for driving too slow, then I'll be really able to churn out a lot of nasty comments.

shelbyfan1, Lincolnton went something like 30 some years without beating Shelby, there were years we didn't play them during that time but it was a long streak. He was our coach when we finally beat them in 2001 at Shelby, many of our fans got so excited they poured over the front retaining wall on the visitors' side. It looked like a medieval invasion, and some went onto the field and yanked up divots of grass and dirt to carry back to Lincolnton as souvenirs.
Coach Norman was being interviewed by Football Friday Night. The reporter standing beside of him said it looks like they're pulling up your field, to which Coach Norman responded, It's their night, let them enjoy it, we'll take care of the field later. He could have flown mad and had the law enforcement to run them off but instead showed a lot of class, which is part of being a championship program.
They are gracious winners and losers.

Guys, I saw something last night that I haven't seen before in high school football and just wanted to give a tip of the hat to a versatile player: During our game with North Surry, I saw a member of our team play quarterback and center. That's correct, both positions. Here's how it played out: Lincolnton was inside the North Surry 5 yard line. The Wolves were using a straight-T backfield with Karson Cloninger at QB. He takes the snap and hands off to Khamoni Heath, who plunges into the endzone for the score. Cloninger then moves to center for the point-after attempt... It's not unusual for a QB to hold for the extra-point but this was the first time I've seen one move to center. He is also a linebacker and our leading tackler.
saw a similar thing when I was a junior in high school...one of our RB's was the long snapper on punts, extra points, fg attempts...........kinda unusual but not unheard of....the old saying...there ain't nothing new in the world....lol.....................

Yes the Wolves are undogs in this game. With that said we play the game because we don't know which teenage boy is going to show up. The one wanting to play or the one who thinks this a push over game. Happens often in the playoffs teams win who are not expected to win,

saw a similar thing when I was a junior in high school...one of our RB's was the long snapper on punts, extra points, fg attempts...........kinda unusual but not unheard of....the old saying...there ain't nothing new in the world....lol.....................
At East Gaston (in the mid 90's) we had a guy move from center his junior year to QB his senior year to lead us to a 8-3 record.

Lots of Lincolnton friends, but my take and could be wrong dont see much passing out of Ltown in flim ive looked at,
Looks like lot of running from Qb and rb and sweeps from rec.
I just dont see that beating Shelby
And dont see there D good enough to slow Shelbys offense.
Im thinking 48-10 Shelby

Lots of Lincolnton friends, but my take and could be wrong dont see much passing out of Ltown in flim ive looked at,
Im thinking 48-10 Shelby
Mt Pleasant ran for nearly 300 yds. If they don't have all the turnovers it would have been much closer. Shelby's offense is looking good but Lincolnton teams have always scared me.

SL if you guys can get Mr Lincolnton fired up enough between now and Friday night to start flinging bricks, insults or anything other than goodwill and love, you’ll need to film and preserve it for the world to see. The man is a class act. I hope I have a chance to meet him on this side of heaven. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’ll take Lincolnton in an upset.

SPRaiders78 and OC, thank you my friends and bless you. I wish I could live up to that but it takes men like you to tolerate and guide men like me... I don't know if it's some kind of special nexus or an old sentiment that connect those of us from the old WNCHSAA towns like Belmont, Shelby, Thomasville and Hickory, etc., but whatever it is I think it lets us understand and appreciate each other; and SPRaider78, I'll drive to Belmont or wherever, any time, just to get to shake your hand.

AMD, that's called an ulterior motive. Do you want to be remembered for ulterior motives ? On second thought, don't answer that.

SPRaiders78 and OC, thank you my friends and bless you. I wish I could live up to that but it takes men like you to tolerate and guide men like me... I don't know if it's some kind of special nexus or an old sentiment that connect those of us from the old WNCHSAA towns like Belmont, Shelby, Thomasville and Hickory, etc., but whatever it is I think it lets us understand and appreciate each other; and SPRaider78, I'll drive to Belmont or wherever, any time, just to get to shake your hand.

AMD, that's called an ulterior motive. Do you want to be remembered for ulterior motives ? On second thought, don't answer that.
As long as ur remembered good or bad ur never really gone 🤣🤣🤣

Im thinking 48-10 Shelby
flim?

you may be fumbling a golden scoop here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT