ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby High Golden Lions vs Lincolnton High Wolves

Tom And Jerry Reaction GIF

No comment. They know they got it
as per the shelby announcers on the broadcast, 28 secs when the play started, it was a deep pass then 27 when the play ended,,,,then as per the shelby announcers there appears to have been a personal foul called on lincolnton 5 minutes after it happened, they were tending to the player down,, all this led to a shelby td pass on the final play of the half. unbiased watcher here seems lincolnton should just get on the bus

Damn I was on the wrong thread fussing about the camera man. My bad. I was on the score update thread. Whoops!!
No disrespect to Ltown but this is what I figured would happen. One player just won’t do it.

As for the camera! If a fight breaks out in the Lincolnton stands I am all over it!

Reactions: beamer24
I hope y'all destroy Salisbury never can say I have pulled for Shelby but I hope y'all kill this classless school

Shelby 41 Lincolnton.21 Congratulations to the Shelby guys and the Golden Lions, really good team with everything it takes to go far.
Congratulations to our Wolves on a good season. As always I am grateful for all you and our staff does, and especially what you do for the people of Lincolnton, who will remember you for your contribution to Lincolnton High School. Thanks again,
Go Wolves

Shelby 41 Lincolnton.21 Congratulations to the Shelby guys and the Golden Lions, really good team with everything it takes to go far.
Congratulations to our Wolves on a good season. As always I am grateful for all you and our staff does, and especially what you do for the people of Lincolnton, who will remember you for your contribution to Lincolnton High School. Thanks again,
Go Wolves
Sorry I missed you gentlemen today at lunch my friend, was going to try and make it but havent felt the best all day

Some stats

Shelby:

Rushing 33 carries 103 yards
Passing Farmer: 16-21 349 Yards 2 TDs

Bridges 9 receptions 216 yards he even had a td pass

459 total yards ( I missed a couple players stats, the bathroom called)_ ha ha

Lincolnton

Rushing 45 carries 113 yardds (20 for 3 yards second half)
Passing 9-19 153 yards 2 tds 1 int
total yards 266

Last edited:
Hey dude filming ... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD pay attention and zoom out a bit....

Jesus Christ whomever is filming this is the absolute worst camera person in the history of camera people

YOU GOT ONE JOB maaaaaan..
That broadcast left a lot to be desired. Audio was ahead of video at one point. A Shelby touchdown was called back as Lincolnton was punting.

That game was over as soon as Shelby scored on the last play of the half. The matchup with Salisbury should be a good one.

Reactions: beamer24
He watched a live ball, on an onside kick, in the Burns game , if that was even an intended onside kick. He’s a sophomore, and he’s going to be a great football player, and he will become one of our better players. But, he needs to learn situational football. Those kind of mistakes will cause you to lose a game.

Congrats, Shelby! You've got a heckuva team, with some really special pieces. Best of luck from here! Gonna make the rest of your run in your bleachers. See you in Salisbury.

Wolf coaches and players, hold your heads up! You made us proud with your efforts all year. You've brought back that old feeling, some old swagger, and an excitement for the future. Thanks for that!

Congratulations to the Golden Lions on the victory over my Wolves, you fellas have a fantastic team. To our staff and players, thank you for commitment this season. Tonight did not end with a victory, but one could feel an energy in the air that has not been felt the past couple of seasons. After a few lean years I believe we have finally gotten it right and that the program is in good hands. Go Wolves!

Congratulations to the Lions. To the wolves staff and players thank you there is a bright future ahead for Lincolnton. Seniors good luck in the game of life always remember your Friday nights on the team. Those returning next year commit too preparing for next season. Go Wolves!!!

To all the Lincolnton guys I’m sure y’all are proud of your team last night they looked pretty good Shelby is starting to look like Shelby again and that’s hard to beat…. The Wolves played really hard and never laid down even when things looked bad . My sons and I said when the wolves punted it was going down hill … after watching Shelby for years you have to match scores or they will pull away fast. Lastly THAT BAND YALL HAVE 😳 man ….. they are also something to be really proud of !!!! I really enjoyed listening to them play so much .. they never lost energy and was rocking all night .. The bell ringing was awesome!!!!! Never heard a band with a bell but that was sooo cool !!!!!

Here's my takeaways that led to the Shelby win:
  • Shelby stopped the potent Lincolnton running game in the 2nd half
    • First half Lincolnton hit big plays and had 25 carries for 110 yards
    • Second half Lincolnton rushed 20 times for just 3 total yards (includes sacks)
  • Shelby converted 3rd downs
    • In the first half Shelby converted a 3rd and 14, 3rd and 8, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 6, 5 for 5 on 3rd down
    • In the second half they converted 3rd and 5 on opening series to go 6 for 6 and lead 34-7
  • Last 30 seconds of the First half
    • The (very late) personal foul on Lincolnton for hitting a defenseless WR moved the ball from the Shelby 43 to the Lincolnton 42, and after a 12-yard sideline catch, Shelby was able to be close enough to throw it to the endzone for a 30-yard TD on the final play of the First half
  • Protection - Shelby allowed zero sacks and allowed the QB the time to find open receivers downfield - Shelby completed 17 passes for 356 yards for a 20.9 yards per completion - that is huge chunks of yardage
  • Lincolnton not converting on 4th downs
    • Lincolnton was 3 for 7 on 4th down conversions - the biggest was missing on 4th and 1 at the Shelby 46 yard line midway through the 3rd Qtr. as Shelby stopped #20
Lincolnton had a lot of great athletes, pretty imaginative play-calling (I loved the gadget play where Bost was used as a RB, but then threw it to Owens for a 6-yard completion on 4th and 2 - led to a game-tying TD to make it 7-7 early). #55 was a beast on both sides of the ball.

Congrats to Lincolnton on a great turnaround to their season after starting 0-4 --- very good team.

Here's my takeaways that led to the Shelby win:
  • Shelby stopped the potent Lincolnton running game in the 2nd half
    • First half Lincolnton hit big plays and had 25 carries for 110 yards
    • Second half Lincolnton rushed 20 times for just 3 total yards (includes sacks)
  • Shelby converted 3rd downs
    • In the first half Shelby converted a 3rd and 14, 3rd and 8, 3rd and 1, 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 6, 5 for 5 on 3rd down
    • In the second half they converted 3rd and 5 on opening series to go 6 for 6 and lead 34-7
  • Last 30 seconds of the First half
    • The (very late) personal foul on Lincolnton for hitting a defenseless WR moved the ball from the Shelby 43 to the Lincolnton 42, and after a 12-yard sideline catch, Shelby was able to be close enough to throw it to the endzone for a 30-yard TD on the final play of the First half
  • Protection - Shelby allowed zero sacks and allowed the QB the time to find open receivers downfield - Shelby completed 17 passes for 356 yards for a 20.9 yards per completion - that is huge chunks of yardage
  • Lincolnton not converting on 4th downs
    • Lincolnton was 3 for 7 on 4th down conversions - the biggest was missing on 4th and 1 at the Shelby 46 yard line midway through the 3rd Qtr. as Shelby stopped #20
Lincolnton had a lot of great athletes, pretty imaginative play-calling (I loved the gadget play where Bost was used as a RB, but then threw it to Owens for a 6-yard completion on 4th and 2 - led to a game-tying TD to make it 7-7 early). #55 was a beast on both sides of the ball.

Congrats to Lincolnton on a great turnaround to their season after starting 0-4 --- very good team.
That’s a great breakdown. Our inability to stop them on 3rd down was the key to the game. Shelby QB was great on 3rd down. Even when we got pressure he would move around and still find the receiver, usually across the middle. And #6 is a nightmare when he gets in open space. I also like Shelby’s offense when they get inside the 10, but I feel bad for the QB, he isn’t out there for the TDs. Shelby is a very tough team to defend.

To all the Lincolnton guys I’m sure y’all are proud of your team last night they looked pretty good Shelby is starting to look like Shelby again and that’s hard to beat…. The Wolves played really hard and never laid down even when things looked bad . My sons and I said when the wolves punted it was going down hill … after watching Shelby for years you have to match scores or they will pull away fast. Lastly THAT BAND YALL HAVE 😳 man ….. they are also something to be really proud of !!!! I really enjoyed listening to them play so much .. they never lost energy and was rocking all night .. The bell ringing was awesome!!!!! Never heard a band with a bell but that was sooo cool !!!!!

We have to point out and compliment the Lincolnton Wolves’ “Band In The Stands” in last night’s game.
Just an incredible effort and contribution to the atmosphere of the game.
They never stopped. Never slowed down.
And there were a bunch of them.
And excellent musicians. The songs and drum-line were great !
Best we have ever seen.
Well done and had to contribute to the team’s success this year.
Congrats to the kids and the director.

Can y’all come to Salisbury with us ?!

Just want to compliment the posters from both teams. It’s refreshing to see civil discussion without the usual criticisms of everybody down to the ticket taker. And nobody threatened to meet in person so they could exchange fisticuffs. Must be some adults in the room.

Just want to compliment the posters from both teams. It’s refreshing to see civil discussion without the usual criticisms of everybody down to the ticket taker. And nobody threatened to meet in person so they could exchange fisticuffs. Must be some adults in the room.
Me and Lincolnton were to meet after the game for a fight but I pretended to be sick and stayed home! I mean I got sick and couldn’t make it

He runs all the time and is in great shape and I was afraid he’d whoop me since that time I made him tell his pet roach story on preps lol

Mutual respect tween the teams and always have been especially on preps … even when they ripped up one turf and took it home with em in I believe 2001 we didn’t try to fight ha ha ha

I made it to the game but couldn’t have done any fighting. An old lady driving a Buick made me jump off the pavement while running and I twisted my ankle, not to mention a bout of bursitis in my left arm.
All the best to our Shelby friends and their great team as they go for another title.
OC, good luck against Albemarle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT