ADVERTISEMENT

Burns @ Shelby

And, I get tired of seeing our players getting flag for hitting too hard. Izay’s hit was a clean, hard tackle. That was a terrible call, just as the one was last week versus East Gaston, after the EG player caught the blocked punt.
Yea it’s bad. 2 times last night Rams got flagged for hitting too hard. I mean it’s football.

And, I get tired of seeing our players getting flag for hitting too hard. Izay’s hit was a clean, hard tackle. That was a terrible call, just as the one was last week versus East Gaston, after the EG player caught the blocked punt.
Horrible call.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I was just thinking the same thing. Those calls will be costly in the playoffs, no doubt.
I suppose defensive guys aren’t suppose to try and dislodge the ball from a receiver and also when a defender is looking to make a tackle you can’t block that person straight up. It’s pretty bad in the NFL right now too. Players suspended for clean hits

I suppose defensive guys aren’t suppose to try and dislodge the ball from a receiver and also when a defender is looking to make a tackle you can’t block that person straight up. It’s pretty bad in the NFL right now too. Players suspended for clean hits
In the football of today I would not want to be a DB. You have to let them catch it, let them take two steps and then talk them into falling.

Congrats to the Lions. This game went pretty much like I suspected it would. Our D isn't what it was last year. I think at best Burns is looking at a second round exit. Then, based on how many we have graduating and how the JV team played this year, we may actually be glad to be in this weak conference next year.

Minus the last couple years I’ve always thought of Shelby as a dominant run team. Dominant as in hard to stop . Not that they run every play like other teams. Well balanced offense in the west bracket is what always prevails . With quality defense of course

looks like they've been airing it out since 2010/2011? That's over a decade

I totally agree that the game was closer than the score. It looked like Burns QB might have been playing hurt. Someone would have clarify that for me. I’ve seen him play twice this year and he misses several throws that I’m sure he doesn’t normally miss. If he makes some of those throws it extends drives and maybe a TD or two on some of the throws. In my opinion that would make the game totally different.

Might been close in 1st half 10-7 @ half
But no way you can say was close in 2nd half Shelby kept at least 17 point lead rest of way...

• Haha
Reactions: Bulldog_012
Might been close in 1st half 10-7 @ half
But no way you can say was close in 2nd half Shelby kept at least 17 point lead rest of way...
That’s the point I’m making. If the throws that he missed in the second half were made/caught it’s a different game. Play calling is different when you’re behind and Shelby would have been behind. A few of the throws the receiver was behind the defense and probably would have scored.

Reactions: Chopper747
Closees they got 38-27 and right after we scored again, never could stop Shelby in 2nd half
Still final says 58-27

Closees they got 38-27 and right after we scored again, never could stop Shelby in 2nd half
Still final says 58-27
Ok man, keep missing the point. He missed throws when it was 17-14 Shelby. Therefore putting Shelby behind.
It also looked like Burns, not sure why, quit in the fourth giving up two touchdowns with no effort for the defense and a pick 6 from the backup QB which was a terrible decision.

Ok we held Burn 4 time on downs in our side of field, should been 5 if not for that bogus personal foul hit....
Someone said he had slight ankle twist from Cherryville game but i never saw a limp till bout halftime or after when he was getting popped

Burns closed the gap in the middle of 2nd half.
I thought Mountie Pride was the dumbest poster until the above

You do realize football is a game of momentum, sure they cut it to eleven, but then, well you know the rest....

Anyway, since you are into that little moral victory in the middle of the game, (due to your disdain for everything Shelby)

I hereby announce this special award to our pal Chopper to find something to cheer about in a 31 point loss ....

Print it up hang it on the wall or whatever... You deserve it pal

396460320_10226096404256879_765392651093797912_n.jpg

I totally agree that the game was closer than the score. It looked like Burns QB might have been playing hurt. Someone would have clarify that for me. I’ve seen him play twice this year and he misses several throws that I’m sure he doesn’t normally miss. If he makes some of those throws it extends drives and maybe a TD or two on some of the throws. In my opinion that would make the game totally different.
So you dont feel left out

Even signed yours, You're welcome

396482571_10226096426137426_4142739782355258894_n.jpg

You do realize football is a game of momentum, sure they cut it to eleven, but then, well you know the rest....

Anyway, since you are into that little moral victory in the middle of the game, (due to your disdain for everything Shelby)

I hereby announce this special award to our pal Chopper to find something to cheer about in a 31 point loss ....

Hilarious!

Ok man, keep missing the point. He missed throws when it was 17-14 Shelby. Therefore putting Shelby behind.
It also looked like Burns, not sure why, quit in the fourth giving up two touchdowns with no effort for the defense and a pick 6 from the backup QB which was a terrible decision.

yeah the last 2 touch downs were kind of garbage scores, the back up qb and just defense quitting becuase the game was "over". Shelby probably wanted to put up points because of last years beat down.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Just had along post that disappeared. Ugh!
1. The attendance was disappointing. Gosh, I remember traveling in the playoffs in the mid 2000's with more fans than we had at the game tonight. Sad to see.
2. It was a sloppy game with huge mistakes on both sides and terrible officiating.
3. It went just like I thought it would. Stayed close for a while, then Burns couldn't keep up. It was my first time seeing Burns, my only impression, and they didn't look good. Shelby has plenty of talent, but my goodness, the mistakes. So many personal fouls that extended drives and led to scores. We watched an onside kick slowly roll down the field and just waited for Burns to jump on it. Looked confused when they finally did. And more.
My honest opinion: Shelby has championship fire power, but is not a championship team. I hope they prove me wrong.

You're slow but it's about time you made a different picture. You were posting that pic of me in the nursing home for 2 millenia before you found this. Progress, albeit a snail's pace. Haven't seen you this mad at me in a long time, relax yourself grumpy old man.

Since y'all are both in this thread Burns and Shelby give me an assessment of East Gaston since we're playing them this week

Reactions: Maiden Creek
They're well coached and that QB Sherrill is a good passer and a load to bring down.... Big back that can tote it, and a small shifty back...theyll line up in trips to one side most plays, and run some traps and read options off of it and throw it here and there and Sherrill is not afraid to take off when pressure arrives.... Their lines are pretty big and strong.... Surprisingly they had a pretty good pass defense but we ran it all over them....

Dont get caught looking ahead this one could be a toss up but ive seen both and think maiden has a slight and I mean slight edge....

Just my opinion but both teams play will go as their QB's go in this one.....

Reactions: amaidendevil
They're well coached and that QB Sherrill is a good passer and a load to bring down.... Big back that can tote it, and a small shifty back...theyll line up in trips to one side most plays, and run some traps and read options off of it and throw it here and there and Sherrill is not afraid to take off when pressure arrives.... Their lines are pretty big and strong.... Surprisingly they had a pretty good pass defense but we ran it all over them....

Dont get caught looking ahead this one could be a toss up but ive seen both and think maiden has a slight and I mean slight edge....

Our offense can be very Jekyll and Hyde this year

Reactions: Maiden Creek

I have East Gaston behind a huge night from Brown.

I figure if East Gaston was in the CVAC….they’d wreak havoc over here.

Reactions: Lion Attack

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT