ADVERTISEMENT

Burns @ Shelby

Crest and KM refs are throwing flags on fans for sneezing and this crew here is missing obvious ones. Burns fans were yelling at the player and a flag never came out. 🤦‍♂️

When burns went down 31-17 Mauney who is hurting (obviously) decided ok, lets play... What a courageous effort....

Shelby is going to hold on to win in a hard fought battle....

Tate another long td

Shelby 45-27

Reactions: Maiden Creek
When burns went down 31-17 Mauney who is hurting (obviously) decided ok, lets play... What a courageous effort....

Shelby is going to hold on to win in a hard fought battle....

Tate another log td

Shelby 45-27
Shelby kept their composure when they got down and their defense held us twice in the first half to 0 points. It was huge for momentum. Burns run defense just cannot give up big plays on the ground like we have. Shelby being able to run the ball will make them very tough in the playoffs. Can’t say anything but good game to Shelby. It had sloppy moments on both sides with turnovers but overall Shelby did what they needed to do and got it done. I just hope Surratt is ok and Ben can be ok for next week. Need them both healthy for playoffs.

Burns fought hard tonight but the defense got tired and we were able to run the ball second half...

Good luck in playoffs maybe we will see each other again.....
Shelby takes over on Burns 25..... TD Shelby bridges td run

52-27

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Pretty dumb to leave Burns Qb in at this time of game and him already hurting

Burns fought hard tonight but the defense got tired and we were able to run the ball second half...

Good luck in playoffs maybe we will see each other again.....
Shelby takes over on Burns 25..... TD Shelby bridges td run

52-27
Congrats to you guys. We got beat in the trenches and got banged up way more than we needed before playoffs. Shelby definitely made a statement.

Congrats Shelby. This game told me pretty much what I was thinking about is this year. Good luck in the playoffs. Depending on the draw, you could make a decent run.

Reactions: SHS LION
This Shelby Defense is so much better than last years. Mauney was chased all night. He is a gamer who never gave up.
We all knew they would be. They looked good tonight. Both defenses had some sacks and pressure on the QBs. Farmer is going to be hard to deal with moving forward the next two years. Mauney is a warrior for still trying to make plays like he did tonight. He battled hard. Hopefully nothing serious on anyone. Did Shelby come out healthy? I didn’t see anything serious. A few limping at times but it’s looked more like it was just from it being physical.

Man Shelby looking dangerous
they have come a long way since the beginning of the year.,,,, Not saying we are winning it all but they are beginning to gel (even with all the darn penalties and turnovers)

Offense averaging right at 50ppg and defense coming into this game 18 ppg..... also coming into tonights game we have giving up like 508 yards rushing all season at 2 yards a carry and about 180 yards a game, and yes I know some inferior competition in some games, but we are showing a lot of progress

Im sure itll change after tonight, Burns moved it well especially passing second half ... I havent seen stats yet from tonight

So what is the latest playoff projection after this Shelby victory. Who will Burns and Shelby play the first round?????

they have come a long way since the beginning of the year.,,,, Not saying we are winning it all but they are beginning to gel (even with all the darn penalties and turnovers)

Offense averaging right at 50ppg and defense coming into this game 18 ppg..... also coming into tonights game we have giving up like 508 yards rushing all season at 2 yards a carry and about 180 yards a game, and yes I know some inferior competition in some games, but we are showing a lot of progress

Im sure itll change after tonight, Burns moved it well especially passing second half ... I havent seen stats yet from tonight
They didn’t have the stats in post game.🙄 I was eager to hear Tate’s stats, the little big man. He’s very strong for his size, and hits the hole with no hesitation. I like what I’m seeing in the sophomore, Calvin Ramseur, too. He’s up and coming. Good to get a glimpse of Thompson as well. Might have just been one play, but the kid oozes athleticism. Izay is phenomenal!

Last edited:
They didn’t have the stats in post game.🙄 I was eager to hear Tate’s stats, the little big man. He’s very strong for his size, and hits the hole with no hesitation. I like what I’m seeing in the sophomore, Calvin Ramseur, too. He’s up and coming. Good to get a glimpse of Thompson as well. Might have just been one play, but the kid oozes athleticism.
Pretty sure I heard Coach Jones say before end of game on his three tds, in those carries he had 139 yards.... Not sure on all the other carries....

Reactions: Lion Attack
They didn’t have the stats in post game.🙄 I was eager to hear Tate’s stats, the little big man. He’s very strong for his size, and hits the hole with no hesitation. I like what I’m seeing in the sophomore, Calvin Ramseur, too. He’s up and coming. Good to get a glimpse of Thompson as well. Might have just been one play, but the kid oozes athleticism.
Had to have over 200. He had 68 in that one run, id say he was anywhere between 150 and 200

Pretty sure I heard Coach Jones say before end of game on his three tds, in those carries he had 139 yards.... Not sure on all the other carries....
Great effort by all of our players and coaches on offense and defense. We beat a very good team. We have so many talented players. Mauney for Burns is tough and a gamer. Norris gives his all on every play. We are playing great at the right time.

More importantly for Shelby, I think we finally know our identity now. run, run, and run more. If you think about it, the running game has been good all year. Only difference is, we have committed to it more lately. I love the move of getting Izay more involved in that wildcat role. His vision and speed are next level. Hollifield has really elevated his play in that role, too. He can move! Shelby will be hard too handle now for sure, because we can still obviously hurt teams with the pass. Teams just can’t just lock in on one phase of our game.

More importantly for Shelby, I think we finally know our identity now. run, run, and run more. If you think about it, the running game has been good all year. Only difference is, we have committed to it more lately. I love the move of getting Izay more involved in that wildcat role. His vision and speed are next level. Hollifield has really elevated his play in that role, too. He can move! Shelby will be hard too handle now for sure, because we can still obviously hurt teams with the pass. Teams just can’t just lock in on one phase of our game.
Minus the last couple years I’ve always thought of Shelby as a dominant run team. Dominant as in hard to stop . Not that they run every play like other teams. Well balanced offense in the west bracket is what always prevails . With quality defense of course

Izay on defense is was a big help also. The long run for a td by Hollifield was incredible.

Izay on defense is was a big help also. The long run for a td by Hollifield was incredible.
And, I get tired of seeing our players getting flagged for hitting too hard. Izay’s hit was a clean, hard tackle. That was a terrible call, just as the one was last week versus East Gaston, after the EG player caught the blocked punt.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT