ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills (12-1) @ Shelby (10-3) 4th Round

Those rankings are bogus, in my opinion. Take Reidsville for example, the one good team they played, and lost to, albeit due to injuries, Eastern Alamance, they were blown off the field in the first round. None of their non conference foes advanced past round 1. Yet, their schedule was so called equal to ours, actually ranked better.

Shelby lost to Crest, who will be playing in the 4th round. AC Reynolds,3rd tound.
Kings Mountain, beaten by AC Reynolds in the 2nd round.

I’m speaking in general, but I love when opposing teams see our losses and have a bunch of false confidence. Then, Shelby exposes them, sending them into round ball action. That said, I expect a great game Friday night at The Den.
I find it interesting to continually bring up who all beat you. Reminds me of a guy I know, Once while getting thrown out of a bar yelled at the bouncers "I've been kicked out of better places!!!!

I like that song by Elvis it starts out "Any day now, I will hear you say "Goodbye" Lion Attack is right about one thing. These rankings are bogus and why is he bringing up Reidsville , Reidsville is ranked number six. End of Season rank 7, 1st round-9, 2nd round-8, 3rd round 7. If Reidsville wins it all I guess they will be ranked 3 or 4. You just play the next one, its simple. Shelby has out ranked Reidsville all seasons, why the finger pointing and all the poor mouth. In Forest Hills defense, Reidsville is another team that didn't play TJHS, Bessemer and Highland Tech for a collective 211-8 point spread.

Reidsville is another team that didn't play TJHS, Bessemer and Highland Tech for a collective 211-8 point spread.
Correct but they did play West Stokes, Walkertown, TW Andrews, Morehead, Madison, and West Stokes again for a collective 319-32 points spread.

Last time West Stokes played you guys they won
Yup, 2011 was a long time ago. We have 7 titles since then. We should have gone for it on 4th and 1 at midfield to seal the deal instead of punting. Their QB willed their team to victory and a state championship. Didn't help that our QB tore his ACL during the first series.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Correct but they did play West Stokes, Walkertown, TW Andrews, Morehead, Madison, and West Stokes again for a collective 319-32 points spread.
With exception of Morehead any one of the others would likely clean the clock of the 3 regulars on your schedule year end and year out. You know it. Birdman.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Forest Hills Quarterback Brady Hibbard moved from Charlotte's Providence High to play at Forest Hills this year. He has been a big factor for the Yellow Jackets. Hibbard 168-256 2672yds 7 ints. 34 TD passes.
Hibbard actually moved to FH two years ago. He's been our starter the last two seasons. He was injured in our game against Shelby last year in the playoffs. Hurt his knee in the Monroe game the week before.

Yup, 2011 was a long time ago. We have 7 titles since then. We should have gone for it on 4th and 1 at midfield to seal the deal instead of punting. Their QB willed their team to victory and a state championship. Didn't help that our QB tore his ACL during the first series.
I agree if they make it game over

Here's where we need to be clear. With the greatest upset of the East and West combined, Shelby will emerge triumphant. This new Shelby group is booming while Forest Hills continues to rule. Shelby's quarterback will be the pivotal player. It's going to be an unforgettable evening.

Reactions: Otis4411
I haven't been able to watch in a couple of weeks, so I hope my observations are outdated. From those games, I'm not sure Shelby can win a close game. Way too many mistakes, and if it gets close, a team with similar talent is going to win. For those who have been able to see the playoffs games, have we started making less mistakes?

Shelbys Qb 6-4 220 soph.
170 -255 for 3006 yrds
40 tds
8 int..
This is crazy numbers for any soph. Playing...
By time hes Sr. He will break some records...

depends on the personnel, last year you had the QB from the championship game and look what happend

Reactions: shelbyfan1
What we hoping for, not that were Afraid of Reidsville, we hate that drive
Hell yeah! I didn’t make the two trips there in the past, but I’m making plans to take some time off, to travel their next week. If Bunker Hill wins, I will just work half a day Friday, rather than taking Saturday, too, from getting home late as hell from traveling to Reidsville. What’s sad about that is, they’re likingly to never have to travel. We lose one game, and we’re screwed. WhoMule is absolutely right in their thread.

Last edited:
Hell yeah! I didn’t make the two trips there in the past, but I’m making plans to take some time off, to travel their next week. If Bunker Hill wins, I will just work half a day Friday, rather than taking Saturday, too, from getting home late as hell from traveling to Reidsville. What’s sad about that is, they’re likingly to never have to travel. We lose one game, and we’re screwed. WhoMule is absolutely right in their thread.
Shelby by 10

Reactions: Lion Attack
Don’t worry. In about 4 hours you will be in a thread with Reidsville . Shelby at Reidsville. Book it baby

What a horrible start for the Lions

Drive it down first and goal, then penalty, finally try field and for the third or fourth straight week BLOCKED

We better wake up,,

Forest Hills came to play... Like I knew they would

9-0 nearing end of 1st quarter Forest Hills

Reactions: FHJackets90
Shelby with another Interception.... Now the offense needs to wake up and take this one for a score with 1:46 to go in half and we get ball to start second half....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT