ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills (12-1) @ Shelby (10-3) 4th Round

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
Well, we meet again. I remember my freshman year in 1986 Forest Hills played Shelby for the WNC 3A Championship and lost and again for the 2AA WNC Championship in 2005 and lost. I believe we've met 3 other times in the playoffs also with Forest Hills winning a 10-7 game at Shelby and Shelby winning the other 2 games for a 1-4 overall record in Shelby's favor. Forest Hills has improved greatly over the season especially since the debacle/brawl at Monroe but I know it will be a tough one for the Jackets Friday. I've got great respect for the Golden Lions. I've been to all the Shelby/ Forest Hills games and they were always a class act. Hopefully a better game than last year. We were down 5 starters including our QB last year and really didn't stand a chance against the Lions. After last night I believe we're definitely healthier than last year. Congratulations to the Golden Lions for advancing to the 4th Round. Not much better than high school football after Thanksgiving and another game between the Highway 74 teams. 😆

Last edited:
Shelby and Whiteville are the hottest teams in 2A now. Both on a great roll and getting better with each game.
Both are putting together an excellent run, yall don't have Monroe in your future anymore, but we still have NE and Clinton or Nash Central all are very capable teams and all our games will be on the road. Could this be the year for Whiteville? One thing for sure is the games have to be played to see........we like that!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I believe Shelby is peaking out at the right time. They will pose a serious threat to any of the teams left in 2A. I will take Shelby in this one.
Chopper calls me the golden scoop, but im around the program pretty good bit, and ill say this....
This is a great bunch of humble kids, early in year after the 3 losses, they saw all the neg. Things about them.
They have just come out and worked hard and got better and better every week.
Also this might be coach Wilbanks best coaching year since talking over program.
I truly like our chances to be at ship...

Both are putting together an excellent run, yall don't have Monroe in your future anymore, but we still have NE and Clinton or Nash Central all are very capable teams and all our games will be on the road. Could this be the year for Whiteville? One thing for sure is the games have to be played to see........we like that!
We don’t have Monroe only because once again they failed their end of the Bargain. We didn’t dodge them. They dodged us

• Haha
Reactions: Ooooner
We don’t have Monroe only because once again they failed their end of the Bargain. We didn’t dodge them. They dodged us
Y’all should stop thinking about Monroe because they are playing basketball now!! Concentrate on that Jacket Swarm coming to Shelby Friday night 🐝🐝

Also this might be coach Wilbanks best coaching year since talking over program.
Without a doubt, in my opinion. This is a very young Shelby team, I would think they exceeded all of our expectations. I thought we were maybe a year away. The players messed around, and became a confident bunch. They expect to win it all.

Last edited:
Without a doubt, in my opinion. This is a very young Shelby team, I would think they exceeded all of our expectations. I thought we were maybe a year away. The players messed around and became a confident bunch. They expect to win it all.
I agree my friend, . These kids stuck together and began to believe .... Will they make it to the Title game dont know but it sure has been fun watching this group grow

With that said if you're gonna get us, you better do it this year....

With the returners on offense of
Qb
RB
Two of the four receivers and adding Thompson and Collins who are both going to be special
And I think all but the center on the OL returns with Morgan stepping up next year into that role

The offense should be absolutely potent next year.... Defense we will sure miss those graduating.. losing a good bit there I believe...

I believe the success FH has increasingly enjoyed is sustainable on some level, but this is the best chance they’ll have to be a true threat. That being said, the future is relatively bright in Marshville.
I'm just glad to be back where we were for so many years. Those years with that awful coaching hire was beyond embarrassing. We had talent during those years but they weren't coached at all. Now we have an outstanding coaching staff especially with coach Deese. He's a great guy with extensive football knowledge. Must be pretty good if he can win a Division II National Championship as he did as OC at West Florida. He's brought fun back to FH. You can see it in the team photos they've taken after each playoff win. He got doused with the Gatorade bath after Friday night's win. 😆 Win or lose this coming Friday it's been a fun season.

Chopper.......
If u want to come to Shelby Fri...come on be a guest of mine, you dont have to buy ticket..and i have u a seat saved..
Ill have Shelby Lion, Lion Attack, shslion and few more there to meet u.. this no dig, , we welcome u to come.

Chopper.......
If u want to come to Shelby Fri...come on be a guest of mine, you dont have to buy ticket..and i have u a seat saved..
Ill have Shelby Lion, Lion Attack, shslion and few more there to meet u.. this no dig, , we welcome u to come.
Thank you sir, you're the best.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Yea it’s like if Salisbury would have won and Reidsville played them down the road we weren’t worried at all for that matchup. The better teams flat out won. I believe Shelby and Reidsville are the 2 best in the west. When Shelby was 1-3 early in season I said I expected to play them in late playoffs . Now we both have 1 game to win before that but people thought I was dumb for saying that after we both lost that week. Pretty sure both lost that same week.

I will say, Salisbury was a really good team.
Defense was tough, giving up only 7 pts a game.
And that running back was real deal. He still had 206 yrds and Shelbys D isnt a push over, he did have one run that was 68 yrd.
Anyway, after 7-7 tie at half ....i jusr saw a different Shelby team come out.
Just glad to play another week....

I will say, Salisbury was a really good team.
Defense was tough, giving up only 7 pts a game.
And that running back was real deal. He still had 206 yrds and Shelbys D isnt a push over, he did have one run that was 68 yrd.
Anyway, after 7-7 tie at half ....i jusr saw a different Shelby team come out.
Just glad to play another week....
Yea I see same thing. Defense is there but the offense just doesn’t do enough to worry the best of the best in the west. Now the 4 teams left can run and throw equally as good. Going to be fun for sure

Salisbury was really good team for sure. I was at the game. When Salisbury went up fast 7-0, I told someone don’t count Shelby out. Shelby is Shelby. They have good tradition. There was something about it I didn’t feel like Salisbury would pull out the win. I do feel Salisbury will still be good in the future. They will return that RB next year.

And only a soph. This year hes at 3000 yrd and 40 tds already...time hes a sr. He will break alot of records
He’s kind of like Al Lee for Reidsville. Showed fans a lot as a sophomore so then expectations go through the roof. Hard to meet those expectations. But has broken records for sure.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
This marks the end of the road for the Jackets. Playing that soft schedule to pad their win total is going to catch up with them here. They have been fortunate to advance this far with a really lucky draw. Unfortunately they are pretenders that snuck their way into the 4th round and are about to get exposed. Shelby is on another level. Golden Lions 49 Yellow Jackets 6.

This marks the end of the road for the Jackets. Playing that soft schedule to pad their win total is going to catch up with them here. They have been fortunate to advance this far with a really lucky draw. Unfortunately they are pretenders that snuck their way into the 4th round and are about to get exposed. Shelby is on another level. Golden Lions 49 Yellow Jackets 6.
You've made 2 comments in 3 years just to shoot your mouth off without checking the facts. Doesn't take but a second to check strength of schedule rankings but I guess you didn't.

I think forest hills has a shot but other than Monroe he is right y'all haven't played anyone this year compared to Shelby's schedule

Last edited:
You've made 2 comments in 3 years just to shoot your mouth off without checking the facts. Doesn't take but a second to check strength of schedule rankings but I guess you didn't.
Those rankings are bogus, in my opinion. Take Reidsville for example, the one good team they played, and lost to, albeit due to injuries, Eastern Alamance, they were blown off the field in the first round. None of their non conference foes advanced past round 1. Yet, their schedule was so called equal to ours, actually ranked better.

Shelby lost to Crest, who will be playing in the 4th round. AC Reynolds,3rd tound.
Kings Mountain, beaten by AC Reynolds in the 2nd round.

I’m speaking in general, but I love when opposing teams see our losses and have a bunch of false confidence. Then, Shelby exposes them, sending them into round ball action. That said, I expect a great game Friday night at The Den.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
Those rankings are bogus, in my opinion. Take Reidsville for example, the one good team they played, and lost to, albeit due to injuries, Eastern Alamance, they were blown off the field in the first round. None of their non conference foes advanced past round 1. Yet, their schedule was so called equal to ours, actually ranked better.

Shelby lost to Crest, who will be playing in the 4th round. AC Reynolds,3rd tound.
Kings Mountain, beaten by AC Reynolds in the 2nd round.

I’m speaking in general, but I love when opposing teams see our losses and have a bunch of false confidence. Then, Shelby exposes them, sending them into round ball action. That said, I expect a great game Friday night at The Den.
I know Shelby plays a very tough schedule especially Crest, A.C. Reynolds, Kings Mountain and Burns. I never said they didn't. Just can't stand it when someone else said we've not played anyone especially when they have never seen any of those teams in action. I don't get on here an say a team hasn't played anyone. How would I know when I haven't seen them play? Win or lose its been a great season.

Last edited:
I know Shelby plays a very tough schedule especially Crest, A.C. Reynolds, Kings Mountain and Burns. I never said they didn't. Just can't stand stand it when someone else said we've not played anyone especially when they have never seen any of those teams in action. I don't get on here an say a team hasn't played anyone. How would I know when I haven't seen them play? Win or lose its been a great season.
We were told this multiple times and everyone like oh shit now lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT