ADVERTISEMENT

FOREST HILLS (5-0) @ MONROE (4-1) - 9/29/23

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
Usually this game is the last game of the season for all the marbles in the Rocky River 3A/2A but this year it's the first conference game of the season. Forest Hills owned this rivalry for many years and now Monroe has owned it for many years. Forest Hills was in a drought after legendary coach John Lowery retired and a not so great coach took his spot. (Terrible hire) Now with a new coach who knows his football Forest Hills is back to winning. Last year's game was a barn burner. FH jumped out to a two score lead but the game was lost in the end 21-19. Love to see another close one but Monroe looks really good. Forest Hills has the talent, speed and size but they've got to have a mistake free game to keep it close like last year. Go Jackets!!!!

There was lots of big plays called back. Your team was clearly superior
Worst officiated game I've ever seen. Even the P.A. announcer for North Stanly made a joke about it so everyone could hear. When one of the what seemed like 100 flags was thrown late in the game he announced "Another flag on the play, well that's a shocker." 😆 🤣 😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Ill be there... Looking forward to it. How early we need to get there u think?

bad bad calls on both sides. North was screwed couple times on scores also.
I don't remember any North scores being called back. FH had a couple though. Plus a terrible late hit that happened right in front of me that no flag was thrown. Ref was right on top of it but no flag. The athletic director for FH even had a long discussion with the refs about it.

Enough about north Stanly who is Going to win Monroe or FH?

Enough about north Stanly who is Going to win Monroe or FH?
FH has the talent to win but they've got to play mistake free. FH has got a great QB, 3 pretty good RBs, best receivers I've ever seen us have, one offered a full ride to Michigan as a junior already. Defense has been stout this year. Probably the best linebacker in the county who had 15 solo tackles this past Friday and 13 the week before. Plus our kick and punt returners who teams have started not kicking to because of how good they are. Put it all together and anything is possible. Problem is Monroe is just as good so FH better play their best game. Last year FH blew a lead but still almost won losing 21-19. Monroe may be even better this year so it's going to take a big effort.

Definitely game of the week in 2A. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens here. Hoping for a safe, well officiated game. The kids have to keep emotions in check. We all believe that Monroe is a legit state contender. If Forest Hills has a good showing, they'll be in the conversation as well.

Reactions: FHJackets90
This will be a Slobberknocker. Huge game. Huge talent,Huge rivals, Huge Crowd. Wish I could go.
You're right about being a slobber knocker. FH defense has been laying the wood on people this year. Especially linebacker Caiden Smith. That kid is a beast on defense. Actually there's 5 Smith kids on the team and they're all outstanding players. One, Ross Smith WR, was selected for the Shrine Bowl. There's Smith's everywhere during the game 😆 🤣 😂

Last edited:
You're right about being a slobber knocker. FH defense has been laying the wood on people this year. Especially linebacker Caiden Smith. That kid is a beast on defense. Actually there's 5 Smith kids on the team and they're all outstanding players. One, Ross Smith WR, was selected for the Shrine Bowl. There's Smith's everywhere during the game 😆 🤣 😂
Quiet as it’s kept, Brayden will be even better than Caiden, and that’s saying a lot.

Reactions: FHJackets90
I’m really excited about the crowd. To me this game means more than last year. It wondering if it does to everyone else? Being so early in the season.
Means a ton. This will be for the Rocky River. That FH loss got them Shelby in the first round down Brady. Monroe had 2 cupcakes before it ran into East Surry and Burns. FH is also near the top in RPI for 2A. A win Friday will have them in the running for the top seed in the 2A West.

Sounds like Monroe doesn't have a chance, last year didn't Forest Hills have someone get injured is that how Monroe came back and won?

Sounds like Monroe doesn't have a chance, last year didn't Forest Hills have someone get injured is that how Monroe came back and won?
We had several get injured near the end of the season. Our QB got hurt during the Monroe game but finished the game. We had 5 starters out the next week against Shelby in the playoffs including our QB. He's being recruited by numerous schools. 6' 3" 200lb Brady Hibbard.

I never said y'all were disrespecting anyone. Just a lot of complimenting your team which is totally fine. But as a neutral fan when all I read is this player is going to shrine bowl, this guy is going to Michigan, we got best linebacker in county, QB highly recruited, this guys a beast, nobody kicks to our punt returners anymore ETC...and no details at all from anyone about Monroe... I cant help but think dang does Monroe even have a chance against these awesome athletes? Lol.

I never said y'all were disrespecting anyone. Just a lot of complimenting your team which is totally fine. But as a neutral fan when all I read is this player is going to shrine bowl, this guy is going to Michigan, we got best linebacker in county, QB highly recruited, this guys a beast, ETC...and no details at all from anyone about Monroe... I cant help but think dang does Monroe even have a chance against these awesome athletes? Lol.
I dont think monroe has very many posters on here. What monroe does have is the #1 ATH in the nation for the class of 2025.

I never said y'all were disrespecting anyone. Just a lot of complimenting your team which is totally fine. But as a neutral fan when all I read is this player is going to shrine bowl, this guy is going to Michigan, we got best linebacker in county, QB highly recruited, this guys a beast, nobody kicks to our punt returners anymore ETC...and no details at all from anyone about Monroe... I cant help but think dang does Monroe even have a chance against these awesome athletes? Lol.
I haven't seen Monroe play so how do I know what they have? I just know what we have and you twisted it to "it sounds like Monroe doesn't stand a chance." That comment makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT