ADVERTISEMENT

Team Shelby

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
Sad state of affairs. There are hardly any Shelby threads anymore, and there are hardly any active Shelby posters nowadays. We used to be deeper than the mob on here. We used to be deep enough to form Voltron, the lions and the car version. Sure, we have the legendary Cleveland County thread, but 90% of it lately is about Crest’s offense.🙄

A brotha can’t even get the golden scoop anymore anymore, because our golden insider is inactive. The Champs only posts when Shelby is dissed, whether direct or subliminally. No longer see 65 Lion, Golden One, shstigers anymore, to name a few, and obviously shelbyfan1. I know our conference is terrible, and nothing is worth talking about. But, man, has things changed in the past two years.

How are we health wise? I know we lost one of our top linemen for the year. Depth is a major concern for this team. We lost players to the transfer portal, and our top back just said screw football altogether, and didn’t even play to begin with. I do love what I see in Tate, though, but that would have been a heckuva tandem. Shelby has some young talent, but we can’t afford to lose any players.

Oh yeah, I also like what the coaches have done with Hollifield in the offense, rather than just using him in a short yardage back scenario. They play him as an athlete now, receiver, running back, and quarterback.

What’s you guys level of optimism going forward this season? I feel we can compete, but don’t have any room for error, as we have in recent years. I do like the young talent being developed. Some of those guys are going to be some very good players in time.

Last edited:
Not to worry there, big one. Three opening losses to some of the best teams in the state will cause some to be discouraged.

Once the playoffs start things will pick up in a hurry for your Lions.

With a current RPI of 28, the Golden Lions are going to send a lot of higher seeded home teams crying the losing blues. I just hope my Rams are not one of them.

Shelby is Shelby....you are one of favorites to win the 2A championship every year. I have heard our coach say a couple of times, Shelby (and Burns) are the standard in our league and that's what we want to be.

Sad state of affairs. There are hardly any Shelby threads anymore, and there are hardly any active Shelby posters nowadays. We used to be deeper than the mob on here. We used to be deep enough to form Voltron, the lions and the car version. Sure, we have the legendary Cleveland County thread, but 90% of it lately is about Crest’s offense.🙄

A brotha can’t even get the golden scoop anymore anymore, because our golden insider is inactive. The Champs only posts when Shelby is dissed, whether direct or subliminally. No longer see 65 Lion, Golden One, shstigers anymore, to name a few, and obviously shelbyfan1. I know our conference is terrible, and nothing is worth talking about. But, man, has things changed in the past two years.

How are we health wise? I know we lost one of our top linemen for the year. Depth is a major concern for this team. We lost players to the transfer portal, and our top back just said, screw football altogether, didn’t even play. I do love what I see in Tate, though, but that would have been a heckuva of a tandem. Shelby has some young talent, but we can’t afford to lose any players.

Oh yeah, I also like what the coaches have done with Hollifield in the offense, rather than just using him in a short yardage back scenario. They play him as athlete now, receiver, running back, and quarterback.

What’s you guys level of optimism going forward this season? I feel we can compete, but don’t have any room for error, as we have in recent years. I do like the young talent being developed. Some of those guys are going to be some very good players in time.
Cleveland county football has become the CREST NETWORK they want EVERYONE to only TALK about their SUPER TEAM.

I know, I like Salisbury as well. But just keeping it real of the main 2 I have my eyes on
Shelby seems to be improving every week as some of the young players get experience. It is hard to tell with some of the competition we have been playing. We will be able to tell a lot more as we close out the regular season with a good East Gaston team and a good Burns team. Should be some great games to watch.

Shelby Lion is always here and always will be... Ill take the occasional day off to sit and ponder my next move whilst eating a bag of puffed cheetos (Pro tip, ALWAYS open the cheeto bag from the bottom where its been sitting on the shelf) the greasier tastier morsels lie there... LOL

Anyway.... Im still not 100 % sure what to think about this team yet, plenty of talent but we need a win over a talented EG and Burns teams and Ill know a bit more where we stand..2a should be on alert this season BUT

Get us this year yall, were going to be heck on wheels the next few... Ill leave it at that....

Wonder where the guy who writes books about how good Shelby is. Has been weekssss since he's been around. Guess some are fair weather fans over there in Shelbyville. Is the fan club still meeting every Thursday night an taking the kids to dinner and coffee and what not now they Shelby isn't very good? Or just do them type of things when they are winning titles?

Wonder where the guy who writes books about how good Shelby is. Has been weekssss since he's been around. Guess some are fair weather fans over there in Shelbyville. Is the fan club still meeting every Thursday night an taking the kids to dinner and coffee and what not now they Shelby isn't very good? Or just do them type of things when they are winning titles?
I think he only comes around when the "Capitol" is being discussed. Hopefully, the cuckoo bird will stay in the clock for a good while.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
Shelby Lion is always here and always will be... Ill take the occasional day off to sit and ponder my next move whilst eating a bag of puffed cheetos (Pro tip, ALWAYS open the cheeto bag from the bottom where its been sitting on the shelf) the greasier tastier morsels lie there... LOL

Anyway.... Im still not 100 % sure what to think about this team yet, plenty of talent but we need a win over a talented EG and Burns teams and Ill know a bit more where we stand..2a should be on alert this season BUT

Get us this year yall, were going to be heck on wheels the next few... Ill leave it at that....
Pro tip about cheetos....never thought of that, genius!

How are we health wise? I know we lost one of our top linemen for the year. Depth is a major concern for this team. We lost players to the transfer portal, and our top back just said screw football altogether, and didn’t even play to begin with. I do love what I see in Tate, though, but that would have been a heckuva tandem. Shelby has some young talent, but we can’t afford to lose any players.

Oh yeah, I also like what the coaches have done with Hollifield in the offense, rather than just using him in a short yardage back scenario. They play him as an athlete now, receiver, running back, and quarterback.

We're not Reidsville....we don't start threads because one of our players sneezed and farted at the same time or because we have a bye week.

Really not much to talk about during silly season. We are going to be just fine. The glorified 7 on 7s we are playing right now help the offensive skill positions work on their timing. The only team I see giving us a challenge will be Monroe. If we stay healthy and play to our potential we have a great shot at another title.

The top linemen told me he may be back for the playoffs. Not really counting on it but you never know. I think Tate has assumed the RB1 role very well (yeah, a Kee/Tate backfield would have been fantastic) and Norris adds a powerful punch when needed. As far as I know everyone else is healthy and ready to go.

I agree with the Hollifield assessment. Very fast!

I think we are going to be just fine. Again, Monroe is a little worrisome but as we continue to gel I like where we are headed.

Fair weather? What is there to write about when we are playing 1A teams?

Yes, every Thursday when we have a Friday game. Haven't met the last two weeks because of a bye week and school let out early one Thursday and practice was earlier in the day.

Shelby isn't very good? Could you please explain? 7 of the last 10 state championships in our pocket with one just being 2 seasons ago.

Little nugget of info to leave you with....2018 - started 1-3. Finished the season lifting the 'ship trophy at NC State.

We are just fine.

Agreed. Lions = The Andy Griffith Show. Vehicles = Mayberry RFD.

And for an 8 year old kid that Princess Allura…wowzers! Gave Scarlett and Lady Jay a run for their money.

Ok sorry for the reminiscing, back to football.
It's okay. We all had a crush on Princess Allura. If you didn't, you were either lying or had one on Keith instead.

I will admit that Witch Haggar scared the hell out of me.

It's okay. We all had a crush on Princess Allura. If you didn't, you were either lying or had one on Keith instead.

I will admit that Witch Haggar scared the hell out of me.
OK I like a little nerd talk every now and then (I have a toy tractor collection that is pretty impressive} but you guys are starting to creep everyone out with these crushes on various, what I assume to be, cartoon characters...
Watch a little Looney Toons (Bugs Bunny not those new age Animaniac things) and talk about hitting somebody!!!
Geesh...

Good Gawd! What started out as a discussion of the lack of interest in the Shelby football program has devolved into a discussion of toys and cartoons. Shelby should capture some of its past relevance once the 2a playoffs begin. They just have to hope they don't draw Monroe or Reidsville in the 2nd round.

OK I like a little nerd talk every now and then (I have a toy tractor collection that is pretty impressive} but you guys are starting to creep everyone out with these crushes on various, what I assume to be, cartoon characters...
Watch a little Looney Toons (Bugs Bunny not those new age Animaniac things) and talk about hitting somebody!!!
Geesh...
Could be worse. We could be talking about how great Mount Airy is.

Good Gawd! What started out as a discussion of the lack of interest in the Shelby football program has devolved into a discussion of toys and cartoons. Shelby should capture some of its past relevance once the 2a playoffs begin. They just have to hope they don't draw Monroe or Reidsville in the 2nd round.
I know right? The annual Shelby/Crest thread used to be my favorite to read in all of Preps. Sad times we live in.

At least you knew they were toys and cartoons…
I was just taking a shot with the Looney Toons reference…
Shelby will be fine. Ask the True/98 Champion or whatever…going to introduce him to Mt Airy and Robbinsville bunch…that could be interesting.

They decided to make their own Cleveland county thread…
It ain’t bad though…
If we did a Randolph county one what in the world would me and you talk about? 🤷‍♂️
90% of it would probably be football, anime, and deer hunting. Not necessarily in that order.

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
Don’t forget my favorite sport…
Wait this is a Shelby thread ain’t it?
Sorry guys…
Oh yeah. Don't know how I forgot about baseball. I'm sure Orange/Blue would be discussed in some form or fashion as well.

As far as highjacking the Shelby thread...........Bridges BBQ is awesome! So is Jenkins liver mush. There.......that's something relevant.

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12

laugh-emoji.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lion Attack
La im still here bro, for me been so busy. Moved my store over in bigger building
Just busy, but you right that conf. Has me not wanting to post..im still in thick of it though fed the kids pre-game today. Come playoffs ill be on more

We're not Reidsville....we don't start threads because one of our players sneezed and farted at the same time or because we have a bye week.

Really not much to talk about during silly season. We are going to be just fine. The glorified 7 on 7s we are playing right now help the offensive skill positions work on their timing. The only team I see giving us a challenge will be Monroe. If we stay healthy and play to our potential we have a great shot at another title.

The top linemen told me he may be back for the playoffs. Not really counting on it but you never know. I think Tate has assumed the RB1 role very well (yeah, a Kee/Tate backfield would have been fantastic) and Norris adds a powerful punch when needed. As far as I know everyone else is healthy and ready to go.

I agree with the Hollifield assessment. Very fast!

I think we are going to be just fine. Again, Monroe is a little worrisome but as we continue to gel I like where we are headed.

What happen to Kee?

Reactions: Swo1980
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT