ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Nash Central RD 4

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
My 10,000th post lol don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad these days.

Clinton welcomes Nash Central to Dark Horse Stadium on Black Friday for 4th round playoff game. I’m not sure if the two have ever met if anyone knows please provide the details. Watch Nash’s game vs Hertford County one thing that stood out is the speed of their 2 RBs Jones#5 and Rogers #19 both 1,000 yard runners. They both run hard and have tremendous speed once they get outside on you. I won’t be too hard on they defense considering they went up against one of the most high powered offenses in 2A football last night Rodgers definitely put it on em but HC’s WRs and RBs were lightning in a bottle they don’t get mentioned as much as Rodgers but they deserve some praise aswell.

For Nash seems like it’s all centered around the RBs but the sophomore QB has thrown for close to 1,000 yards. Looking at their schedule the 2 losses on their record came from two very good 3A teams one who’s still playing defending 3A East Champ Northern Nash who won a thriller vs Scotland last night. So the Bulldogs are definitely battle tested a very solid football team from what I can tell definitely not a team to overlook.

Clinton handle business Thursday night ending Southeastern Alamance’s Cinderella run. Everyone wanted to see how Clinton would perform without star RB/WR Josiah McLaurin and the team silenced any doubt as it was business as usual. It was good to see Josiah Robinson back on the field he looked fresh.

The one common opponent between these teams is Beddingfield who Nash defeated 35-18 Clinton defeated the Bruins 56-15. I’ll stick to what I said earlier this season when I said I just dont see a running team beat us this year Nash offense will have to complete passes cause the rushing yards will be few and far between vs this stout Clinton front 7. Defensively like i said above I’m not going to hold that performance from them last night against them giving up 68 is bad but previously the most they gave up was 49 to a really good Northern Nash team. Any thoughts or predictions????

Watched Nash Central last night and there version of the Wing T was very impressive. They like to run counters which were very effective against HC and scored most of their points from that same play. They will also go unbalanced on their line so watch out for that. Defensively both teams were horrible. Wallace runs the wing T so Clinton has experience with it but this team showed they will run there stuff and you better be prepared to stop it. Clinton has the edge defensively so I give the edge to Clinton.

The Hertford Co. game was the third time I've seen Nash Central this year in person (plus seeing a lot of these same guys them in 2nd Rd Playoff game two years ago) and my takeaway from them every time before was how good the Nash Central defense is, especially against the run; how they tackle so well; how the other team's offense gets nothing easy; how they're going to put more guys in the box than you can block, and either make you beat them throwing the ball, or make you grind out three yards in a cloud of dust, because you're not going to spring many explosive running plays (and if you do, you'll beat them.....see WRH in playoffs last year and Princeton the year before that)....but the Hertford Co. offense was different....like West Craven in the first half in the 2nd Rd and in their regular season loss to Northern Nash, if you can throw the ball consistently and effectively, you can put up big yards and a lot of points (and I've observed that to be the case in high school football in general over the years, especially in 1A & 2A....almost all good teams can run it, and stop the run, but sometimes that next step toward being great is being able to throw it....you can sling it all over the field 35 times a game like we know Hertford & Northeastern do but even if you want to be a run-focused offense, but sometimes you'll see a power running team only complete 2-3 passes in a game but they'll be what ESPN used to call the Pontiac Game Changing Performance; think about the Hibriten vs East Duplin state championship game six years ago....anyway back to Nash Central this year; the Hertford offense was a true spread....I believe they had 4 or 5 WR every single play, when they spread that vaunted Nash Central defense so thin, no matter how much speed you have and how good of a tackling team you are, it's a struggle to cover every part of the field....and depending on how you define missed tackles, I would say Nash Ce did not miss as many tackles as you might think when they gave up 68 points, it was the ultimate 'get your best athletes in space and let their speed do the work', it's those air raid principles where they make you defend the whole field, and between those 4 WRs getting open short, deep over the middle, deep outs, fades, with great chemistry timing between them and the QB, not to mention RB coming out of the backfield, I didn't keep stats but I would guess he had over 100 rushing and over 100 receiving, not to mention their QB can sling it, but he can also run over you....he didn't look to run as much as the Whiteville QB I saw in the 1st Rd this year, but when he did run, he was a load to bring down; they are reporting he threw for 570 yards, I can't find his rushing total but it had to be close to 100, about half of it on a 4th & 15 from near midfield where the Nash Ce defense did a great job taking away his passing options but left the middle wide open for him to easily get the first down, then juke the deep safety and follow blocks from WRs across the goal line....The Nash Ce defense forced two turnovers on downs in the 2nd quarter, forced one punt in the 4th quarter, and were the beneficiary of a bad snap with Hertford about to score, that turned into about an 80 yard scoop and score defensive TD for Nash Ce, the only other Bears possession where they didn't score was when the first half ended on the kickoff return after the score to make it 52-36 (right after that long QB run TD that made it 44-36)...pretty sure Nash Ce never punted, they did turn the ball over on downs at least once in the first half, maybe one other time, but their two turnovers on an INT on a deep ball, and the one that could have really hurt was on a kickoff in 4th qtr right after Hertford scored to draw within 65-56, that extra possession let Hertford get it to 65-62

For the Nash Ce offense, yes #5 is THE playmaker that can burn you with sheer speed if he gets a crease, and #19 is also a great RB at following the blocks and making big plays, also don't underestimate his speed, but don't forget #9, he runs angry and can be hard to bring down with one guy, their soph. QB I'm pretty sure is he head coach's son, and he's quietly had a great year with close to 1000 yds, they want to throw it just enough to keep the defense honest, offense definitely oriented around that great stable of RBs

I saw Clinton in person last year and have seen some highlights this year and know good they can be....on SimmonsRatings they will be favored by about 2 TDs...would be tough to pick against them facing any opponent...curious about the status of the RB who had been injured

Last edited:
Help me remember which Josiah it was that went for 295 on 35 carries against South Granville in 2nd Rd on a Thursday night in the rain last year.....and if he's the one that's injured or the one that's available

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Help me remember which Josiah it was that went for 295 on 35 carries against South Granville in 2nd Rd on a Thursday night in the rain last year.....and if he's the one that's injured or the one that's available
I wouldn’t judge this Clinton offense right now based off that game tho we had to do something different because of the weather and the best thing was to just line him up in the wildcat. This years team can mix it up quite a bit but ultimately the coach is going to take what the defense gives so if they give us pass we gonna take it. QB Nydarion Blackwell has shown a ton of growth in that area almost 2,000 yards passing now 25 Touchdowns and 1 int. And of course no shortage of ball carries Josiah Robinson has rushed for over 1,000 yards this season with 16 touchdowns and of course the big man #10 Amaris Williams who has been used sparingly in the backfield but can come in and give you big plays like he did this past Thursday night.

And they don’t get enough credit but the way this offensive line is playing I don’t think it matters who is running the ball the holes gonna be there they have done a awesome job this season.

Last edited:
Gotta love all the homegrown/recruiting comments on other thread smh……it’s like they go to weapon cause obviously can’t say nothing else about this team. Don’t really feel like beating this dead horse again but extremely disrespectful to our kids. And you wonder why they play like they pissed off each week. Like myself tired of hearing that BS

I wouldn’t judge this Clinton offense right now based off that game tho we had to do something different because of the weather and the best thing was to just line him up in the wildcat. This years team can mix it up quite a bit but ultimately the coach is going to take what the defense gives so if they give us pass we gonna take it. QB Nydarion Blackwell has shown a ton of growth in that area almost 2,000 yards passing now 25 Touchdowns and 1 int. And of course no shortage of ball carries Josiah Robinson has rushed for over 1,000 yards this season with 16 touchdowns and of course the big man #10 Amaris Williams who has been used sparingly in the backfield but can come in and give you big plays like he did this past Thursday night.

And they don’t get enough credit but the way this offensive line is playing I don’t think it matters who is running the ball the holes gonna be there they have done a awesome job this season.
I thought the Clinton offensive line did a great job on that Thursday night game in the rain last year.....at South Granville, our defensive line has probably been the most dominant position group overall for the last 7 or 8 years and it was a struggle that night to get penetration, TFLs, etc.... the RB had a great game but it definitely wasn't just him with no help

I thought the Clinton offensive line did a great job on that Thursday night game in the rain last year.....at South Granville, our defensive line has probably been the most dominant position group overall for the last 7 or 8 years and it was a struggle that night to get penetration, TFLs, etc.... the RB had a great game but it definitely wasn't just him with no help
They done an awesome job this season on 3 of the touchdown runs this past week runners were untouched they really are possibly our best position group. And it’s crazy me and some other football heads I talk too we’re actually worried about that group coming into the season we had 3 spots on the line to replace. #55 was a full time defensive starter the last 2 years but switched to the oline to help. #66 first time varsity starter moving up from JV and #52 switched from guard to center and has done a fantastic job.

Reactions: tarheelg
Last post for the week. Hope Everyone have a wonderful thanksgiving. Best of luck to everyone’s teams. To listen to the Clinton vs Nash Central game online check out:

www.Oldies1170.com
OR
www.mixlr.com/oldies1170

Go Heels & Go Horses!!!
Nah I’m gonna reel you back in. When I left your game last week I turned my am radio to 1170 but didn’t get your game on my car radio. Why is that?

Nah I’m gonna reel you back in. When I left your game last week I turned my am radio to 1170 but didn’t get your game on my car radio. Why is that?
Next time Otis just turn the Bluetooth on your phone on connect to your car radio…….if you have it in the car

Saw portions of both teams' games last week on NFHS. To echo some of the other comments on this thread, I agree the Clinton guys do a super job with their broadcast. Much better compared to some of the other stuff some schools have.

Nash appeared to have some very good RBs who run hard and are very hard to bring down. QB did a good job of managing the game and they have weapons that can hurt you. Hertford put up points but their QB is a very special talent that no one has been able to slow down.

In my opinion, teams will only have success moving the ball on Clinton if they can mix it up. Nash doesnt appear able to do that. Run first or predominately run teams will not move the ball on that defense. #10 is a game changer on both sides but more on defense. His pursuit, speed and strength at point of attack is excellent. Nash will have trouble sustaining long drives.

Clinton even without #2 is still dynamic on offense. They can score in multiple ways and can break the big play at anytime.

Nash has played a difficult schedule. Northern and Southern Nash are both excellent football teams. Clinton's schedule had no one as good as those two teams and yes, I know Whiteville is still playing.

I just think Clinton is on another level this season compared to what is left in the Eastern bracket. This could be a running clock game but I will go Clinton 48 Nash Central 14.

Just looking at their roster, Nash appears to have some road-graders on the offensive line, i.e. guys in that 6'1"-6'3" 240-280 lb. range. They'll need to consistently get under the Clinton defense's pads to gain leverage at the point of attack and to sustain drives, which will be quite a challenge. But should be a fun one to follow.

Next time Otis just turn the Bluetooth on your phone on connect to your car radio…….if you have it in the car
Yea I did that. I was just thinking since it said 1170 am it would be on the am radio. I was leaving going down 95 to interstate 20 headed to Arkansas and I was gonna see how long I could keep the station that way. Entertaining myself!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Does Nash Central not have any posters? This thread has been kind of dull and no friendly back and forth between the two teams about the competition. Seems the Whiteville @ Northeastern thread had more to talk about. Hopefully Nash Central isn't a sleeping Giant that everyone has slept on. They definitely will have a tough task against our Dark Horses!

Does Nash Central not have any posters? This thread has been kind of dull and no friendly back and forth between the two teams about the competition. Seems the Whiteville @ Northeastern thread had more to talk about. Hopefully Nash Central isn't a sleeping Giant that everyone has slept on. They definitely will have a tough task against our Dark Horses!
Found out from Shawn this is Nash Central’s first time in the 4th round not a big history of winning on their part so that may be why they don’t have much of a following on the boards. Looking at their history this 11 wins they have this season is a school best. Previous best was 10 win in 2017.

Found out from Shawn this is Nash Central’s first time in the 4th round not a big history of winning on their part so that may be why they don’t have much of a following on the boards. Looking at their history this 11 wins they have this season is a school best. Previous best was 10 win in 2017.
Watched your video, you guys did a great job.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
A New School in the area has been rebuilding a program since their QB, Little Griff, left years ago. They dropped to 2A from 3A and have been making it to the three rounds the past three seasons. Three-time regaining 2A Big East champs. First time in the 4th round, so these kids are excited. I won’t lie. It's a tough matchup tonight for them. Adversity is the key, and can we slow down that Clinton backfield at halftime with Southern and Northern, the 3A two powerhouses in our area? They were in the game at halftime. Until the 4th, the numbers game caught up to them.

Watched your video, you guys did a great job.
Appreciate it. Lol I was told the whole show is lame but of course the person that said it continually post his insecurities up here so what do you expect…….never seen someone want to be the underdog and the favorite at the same time……posting preseason scrimmage results to make himself feel better. Yikes

If Clinton takes care of the ball they win. Turnovers are the key equalizer.

Josiah Robinson 32 yard TD run!!!!!! PAT good. Clinton 7 Nash Central 0 9:37 in 1st Q

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT