ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 7

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Another huge week. Sounds wild but a lot of teams will be pulling for Bunker this week.

Bandys (4-1, 1-1) at Lincolnton (1-4, 1-1)
East Burke (2-3, 0-2) vs Newton-Conover (2-3, 1-1)
Bunker Hill (5-0, 2-0) vs West Lincoln (5-0, 2-0)
Maiden (3-2, 1-1) vs West Caldwell (0-5, 0-2)

Bunker Hill 2-0
West Lincoln 2-0
Bandys 1-1
Lincolnton 1-1
Maiden 1-1
Newton Conover 1-1
East Burke 0-2
West Caldwell 0-2

Last edited:
Another huge week. Sounds wild but a lot of teams will be pulling for Bunker this week.

Bunker Hill 2-0
West Lincoln 2-0
Bandys 1-1
Lincolnton 1-1
Maiden 1-1
Newton Conover 1-1
East Burke 0-2
We
st Caldwell 0-2
Bandys by 1
Newton by 14
Bears by 10
Maiden by 40

Lost my touch big time on these predictions this year.

Bandys. Didn’t they show you 2 days ago they can play or EB just that bad. Bandys by 14

Newton: just out of aggravation and dishearting season with these injuries. Prove me wrong Burke boys. Newton by 7

The Hill: I guess they give the cat square rowdies all they can handle. By 7 in a thriller

Maiden: is it basketball season yet for these poor fellas

I wrote a comment on week 6 asking if Bandys let off the gas or was EB playing good 2nd quarter but it being a little too late. Any insight on that?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Nevermind I got a response on that. I picked Newton to win but not out of spirit but out of aggravation for how this season has went. It’s a pick I’ll gladly be happy to be wrong about.

Us being weak in pass defense is a big reason I’d have my doubts on this one but if front 4 can get pressure and Dellinger and Coble(if he’s healthy) can eat clock and get those runs and blocks I think we MAY can pull it off. Bad pass D or good.

Newton-Conover at East Burke: Have to go with the Red Devils by 6 since the Cavaliers have too many key players out.

West Caldwell at Maiden: Maiden wins big by 40

West Lincoln at Bunker Hill: "Big Game Alert" ! ….More than likely a tough one for both. I've seen Bunker Hill and know they have a complete team and are well coached, meaning they know how to block and tackle. They have good running, passing, and kicking games. They don't get rattled if they make a mistake and recover well when things go against them. This is what a team has to have to be a serious contender.
Haven't seen West play but if they beat Maiden they must have a decent defense to defend against the run and pass. The offense would have to be very physical to get by Maiden's defense. The Lincoln Herald reported WL completed two of three passes for 59 yards and had 324 yards rushing (There's you true to form running game AMD), which if the Bears score a couple of times before WL scores, that could be their (WL's) Achilles heel. Considering everything, I pick the bears by 7.

Bandys at Lincolnton: The Trojans were hard for us to beat last year, and will more than likely be even tougher this time. Didn't realize we have people out until BHBears12 then later LTownWolves said something about it. Against Newton-Conover we were minus one of our fastest backs and looks like we are missing some of our defensive guys.
Bandys will throw and run, both, and so do we. The Wolves are at home so I pick them by six. Sometimes we do better on the road but I still take them by 6.

Postscript: Teams in bold are my Picks.

Side Note: The Lincoln Herald reported that West Lincoln defeated Maiden 33-0

Side Note: AMD, if you take umbrage to the incorrect score and come down here to start a fisticuff, the police, here, are very quirky about public affray and disorderly conduct, and will probably accuse me of being something called an accessory for telling you about it, so don't do it ! It's just a mistake. Calm Down, Calm Down, We breathe in-We breathe out-We breathe in-We breathe out.

Last edited:

Bunker Hill 2-0
West Lincoln 2-0
Bandys 1-1
Lincolnton 1-1
Maiden 1-1
Newton Conover 1-1
East Burke 0-2
West Caldwell 0-2
Bandys by 3
Newton by 7
Bunker by 1
Maiden by 50

Any 10th graders and Rees looking ready to step up next year and fill holes from this JV team you guys notice?
They move RB up, we made a few good passes but dropped two wide open passes. One on the goal line!!Ready to play some pass defense!! Just need some breaks go our way. FB ran good.

I'll take Lincolnton just because they are more athletic than bandy's. Speed kills.
I really wanna see east burke beat Newton I really do but Newton is gonna pass all over the place which is east Burkes Achilles. So Newton wins.
I'm actually wanting Bunker Hill to win this game because of the possible big picture. So Bunker Hill it is.
Maiden over west Caldwell hopefully this is a week for some of the injured players to get healed up that can heal. May see a watered down version of team this week or at least a short night for a lot of them.

I hope so. But still I don’t wanna be the next year next year kinda guy. We have something special this year. Problem was, injuries. KJ, Avery, Dellinger, Coble, some of these linemen, super hard to replace.

This is a TOUGH conference prob one of the top 2A as a whole around with only one weak team. Minus the injuries we’re capable of taking any team in this conf. Capable is reasonable thinking cause it’s not like we’re struggling along hard like Hopewell, Highland Tech, South Lake Christian, Hickory Hawks, or this years Alexander Central. I’d say WC in with that but we’ve ran them in the ground.

Look at it this way. It’s not too far gone. We lost big to Maiden and Bandys last year only to lose the remaining games by small margins against big bad BH and a team we ain’t suppose to win against and that’s Lincolnton. Can the Cavs win out from here? Prob not but possible. If they keep the momentum they carried against Bandys in that 2nd half, then We are capable. Guys don’t write the Cavs off just yet. Dellinger is still one of the top rushing monsters in this conf and oughta be backed up well by Fraley by the time we hit the field at Lincolnton. Hopefully Coble back 100 percent and there’s also Hammons.

Last edited:
AMD and BFR, we might have key people out this week. Newton-Conover burned us twice, on the long pass. Typically, we have a hundred and some yards passing. Couldn't find our stats against N-C but we ran nearly every play it seemed like. There wasn't a lot of passing. Our passing yardage had to have been much less than usual. Our rushing yardage must have been decent though, Not sure why the turnaround. On the other hand N-C had 161 yards passing and 67 yards rushing.
Our first possession ended in a 91 yard touchdown after either 16 or 19 plays. Can't recall for sure.

Standings through 32 games

eb1977 - 28
Amaidendevil - 27
BunkerHillBear12 - 27
Maiden Creek - 27
Blueschool18 - 26
Formerdog38 - 26
Devils-24 Blue - 25
Burkeforreal - 24
TunnelSmoke - 24
Lincolnton - 23

Dadof23 was 4-0 this week.

Down jn the standings and my college team and pro team lost. Def not a good football wkend but how bout them Wolves pulling one off.

I’m ready for an out of the ordinary half time show. Think we’re supposed to have Darlene Shuffermoger singing “ Lost my car keys”at the WL EB game. It bout made a hit 3 years ago at Waynos but Rufus’s guitar string broke right in the middle of it so they booed her off stage. I figured it’d be a better show than the poodles jumping through fire hoops

I hope so. But still I don’t wanna be the next year next year kinda guy. We have something special this year. Problem was, injuries. KJ, Avery, Dellinger, Coble, some of these linemen, super hard to replace.

This is a TOUGH conference prob one of the top 2A as a whole around with only one weak team. Minus the injuries we’re capable of taking any team in this conf. Capable is reasonable thinking cause it’s not like we’re struggling along hard like Hopewell, Highland Tech, South Lake Christian, Hickory Hawks, or this years Alexander Central. I’d say WC in with that but we’ve ran them in the ground.

Look at it this way. It’s not too far gone. We lost big to Maiden and Bandys last year only to lose the remaining games by small margins against big bad BH and a team we ain’t suppose to win against and that’s Lincolnton. Can the Cavs win out from here? Prob not but possible. If they keep the momentum they carried against Bandys in that 2nd half, then We are capable. Guys don’t write the Cavs off just yet. Dellinger is still one of the top rushing monsters in this conf and oughta be backed up well by Fraley by the time we hit the field at Lincolnton. Hopefully Coble back 100 percent and there’s also Hammons.
We have only been a break or two from winning all three of theses games this year we just have to quit beating ourselves!! when you’re in a tough Conf like this you cannot give away points and have touchdowns brought back because of a penalty and drop two interceptions like Friday ,
Let’s go get the monkey off our back Friday!

AMD and BFR, we might have key people out this week. Newton-Conover burned us twice, on the long pass. Typically, we have a hundred and some yards passing. Couldn't find our stats against N-C but we ran nearly every play it seemed like. There wasn't a lot of passing. Our passing yardage had to have been much less than usual. Our rushing yardage must have been decent though, Not sure why the turnaround. On the other hand N-C had 161 yards passing and 67 yards rushing.
Our first possession ended in a 91 yard touchdown after either 16 or 19 plays. Can't recall for sure.
Have you checked with the WNNC guys? I'm sure they were taking stats in order to cover the game.

Bandys was the better team but the game could have been closer. East had a 80 yard touchdown run called back for holding and another big run was negated because the runner got stripped from behind. East simply had no answer for Bandys passing attack. I did find it odd that Bandys was still trying to throw the ball around late in the game when all they needed to do was run the clock.

Bandys was the better team but the game could have been closer. East had a 80 yard touchdown run called back for holding and another big run was negated because the runner got stripped from behind. East simply had no answer for Bandys passing attack. I did find it odd that Bandys was still trying to throw the ball around late in the game when all they needed to do was run the clock.
you are right the games was not over so I can see why Bandys were still trying to score my Commets were someone said Bandys took the starter out after HT which was not true. EB just started to play like they should have just like the last three games they come to play the second half!!

Bunker Hill 2-0
West Lincoln 2-0
Bandys 1-1
Lincolnton 1-1
Maiden 1-1
Newton Conover 1-1
East Burke 0-2
West Caldwell 0-
Bandys over Lincolnton in what could be a good game.
NC goes to 2-1
WL...this team is hard to pick against
Maiden

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
BUNKER HILL20100.0%50100.0%
WEST LINCOLN20100.0%50100.0%
BANDYS1150.0%4180.0%
MAIDEN1150.0%3260.0%
NEWTON1150.0%2340.0%
LINCOLNTON1150.0%1420.0%
EAST BURKE020.0%2340.0%
WEST CALDWELL020.0%050.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF ⬆️
BUNKER HILL2376547.413.034.4
BANDYS2058641.017.223.8
WEST LINCOLN2079441.418.822.6
MAIDEN17412734.825.49.4
EAST BURKE15213030.426.04.4
NEWTON17218534.437.0-2.6
LINCOLNTON11415022.830.0-7.2
WEST CALDWELL352437.048.6-41.6

Just watched the whole maiden vs WL film. Playing sloppy + injuries it’s hard to win. Feel like they had some chances to win just didn't execute
Me personally but I'm not a coach that 2nd series 4th and 8 or something like that on 40 some yard line. I would of went for it just because of how important getting up a couple scores on west Lincoln. But just my choice it's not an indictment on any coaches.

Mistakes finally bite us in ass. And we didn't have enough fresh bodies towards the end of game. But that's west Lincoln game to wear the other team out physically and in the 4th qtr start taking advantage of this.

Mistakes finally bite us in ass. And we didn't have enough fresh bodies towards the end of game. But that's west Lincoln game to wear the other team out physically and in the 4th qtr start taking advantage of this.
Another reason I think we have that advantage is our front 7 don’t go both ways so that part of defense will be fresh

Reactions: Lincolnton
We have only been a break or two from winning all three of theses games this year we just have to quit beating ourselves!! when you’re in a tough Conf like this you cannot give away points and have touchdowns brought back because of a penalty and drop two interceptions like Friday ,
Let’s go get the monkey off our back Friday!
Newton is our best chance at removing that monkey and will be the easiest game beside WC that the Cavs will have left. At this point they have to win out to get in the big dance and someone we upset beats Bandys to level it out. Every play counts and no room for error unless it’s WC.

Another reason I think we have that advantage is our front 7 don’t go both ways so that part of defense will be fresh

Newton is our best chance at removing that monkey and will be the easiest game beside WC that the Cavs will have left. At this point they have to win out to get in the big dance and someone we upset beats Bandys to level it out. Every play counts and no room for error unless it’s WC.
If you struggle guarding the pass GL against Newton bc that’s all they do

If you struggle guarding the pass GL against Newton bc that’s all they do
N-C burned us twice with that. They must practice that over and over. He throws this long pas and has the people in the right place.

In 2001, our quarterback would throw this long arching monster pass. Our receiver would always be in the corner of the endzone and you saw this bunch of players (this receiver and opposing players) go up for the ball and the receiver would come down on his back. Then you'd see the official signal touchdown. He caught it more than he missed it. I know Coach Cloninger must have had them to practice it time and time again. The ball always seemed to come down in the same place.

How I wish this was a bye week for us. West Lincoln at Bunker Hill should be one tough, interesting matchup. If someone's going to sit on the visitors' side I'd think they should go early.

WL will bring a crowd and BH will be well represented, too, along with fans from outside the area looking for a good game and wondering who's better. If we weren't playing another tough team I'd be there when the gates opened so I could get a good seat on the top row then I could sit or stand and not be in the way. If someone is going they should check into the possibility of advanced tickets. Football will definitely be in Claremont, Friday night.

*As far as radio station carrying games WLON is doing North Iredell at North Lincoln. Wish they were doing WL@BH but I know they have to be fair about it. They're good guys and I appreciate the coverage.
I suppose WNNC will decide who they're covering later in the week.

How I wish this was a bye week for us. West Lincoln at Bunker Hill should be one tough, interesting matchup. If someone's going to sit on the visitors' side I'd think they should go early.

WL will bring a crowd and BH will be well represented, too, along with fans from outside the area looking for a good game and wondering who's better. If we weren't playing another tough team I'd be there when the gates opened so I could get a good seat on the top row then I could sit or stand and not be in the way. If someone is going they should check into the possibility of advanced tickets. Football will definitely be in Claremont, Friday night.

*As far as radio station carrying games WLON is doing North Iredell at North Lincoln. Wish they were doing WL@BH but I know they have to be fair about it. They're good guys and I appreciate the coverage.
I suppose WNNC will decide who they're covering later in the week.
Will probably be the biggest crowd within last 20 years

Hats off to WL, they have very good football team. Very physical and discipline.
My BLUEDEVILS showed our youth and we left some opportunities on the field.
Onto week 7 and Homecoming.
Bandys will have a tough time with Lincolnton
nc
Bunker Hill
over WL in the game of the week
MAIDEN gets back on track for Homecoming

Just talked with WNNC radio Hickory/Newton. The kind lady there said they would be covering West Lincoln at Bunker Hill game.
If you’re going to be at another game, like me, you can tune in with you’re cell. Here is the link to WNNC:

Postscript: Didn’t ask but I assume kickoff is at 7:30 PM... if you’re in Lahore Pakistan that’s 4:30 Saturday morning. Actually, if you are there I’d think it would be similar to being in Columbia, SC, just not as much humidity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT