ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 7

East burke is riding a four game losing streak can they turn around next weekend next weekend against Bunker Hill. Can they even win a game in the conference this year or will West Caldwell surprise them also. Tune in next week same bat time same bat channel to find out 😂😂😂
There you go with that class again, AMD. Lot of class there, buddy, lot of class. Really got it going on.
If he ain't gouging us with that blue trident he's after the Cavaliers. AMD, where is you compassion, not that EB wants it but these losses sting like the devil (no pun intended), I know, usually were on the receiving end of it. Uh, on second thought, don't answer that, just let it go, it'll just make it worse.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Bunker Hill 21 West Lincoln 15
Final per max preps
In my opinion, which nobody is interested in, That is a major win and says something about Bunker Hill. I truly believe that West Lincoln is a tough, physical, well coached team, and to beat them nose to nose can't be easy. A big congratulation to BHBears12 and D.Bear along with all the rest. It's got to feel good to be a Bear, tonight.

In my opinion, which nobody is interested in, That is a major win and says something about Bunker Hill. I truly believe that West Lincoln is a tough, physical, well coached team, and to beat them nose to nose can't be easy. A big congratulation to BHBears12 and D.Bear along with all the rest. It's got to feel good to be a Bear, tonight.
Always feels good beating West ! Can’t stand that OC

Lincolnton 57 Bandys 36, a big congratulations and thank you, to our Wolves. I was really proud of our teams effort, tonight. They fought back so hard after being down 2 scores to a team that can put points on the board so easily and quickly.

With five minutes into the first quarter we were down by 14 points. I looked at Bandys stats on MaxPreps, this morning, and saw where quarterback B. Swett, would hook-up with his wide receive C. Obregon. So, with Bandys first possession I got to see what it looked like. He showed up 15 yards behind our safety for a score.

Our first possession resulted in a fumble which they recovered. again, a long pass to C. Obregon that looked like a work of art. After that we score on a long running play, they score again and we score again and so on until the half ends with a total of 64 points being scored by both teams, but we were back in the game and had taken the lead.

I say this respectfully, but our guys turned it up even more in the second half, but the Trojans would not quit. We were up 2 scores going into the fourth quarter and as easily as they (Bandys) could score the game was not decided until we were able to score again, then intercept them while they had it inside our red zone.

This was not a game for the faint-hearted. If anyone likes an explosive game, this was the place to be. The stats for both teams are going to be shocking .

If anyone was interested, I'm sorry I got this on here so late, but I stood on the sidewalk with friends and talked about all the fireworks until late. It was a great night to be a Wolf. Thanks again to our team and coaching staff. Great effort.

Postscript: Our Kicker was lights out, I couldn't believe how good he was. Fantastic. I wish I had his name to put on here.

Side Note: For the first time in my curious life I lost my voice from yelling. That has never happened. An old friend spoke to me after the game and I couldn't hardily make more than a whisper with which I told him I lost my voice. Thanks Lord for giving it back, it was strange.

Last edited:
If I could mention one other thing: Last year our game with Bandys, there, was very testy. Some of the CVAC posters, in particular, GrizzlyDevil, who was posting updates from that game, knows this. There was also a fight as the first half ended, and prior to that, a Bandys coach was injured after stumbling, going onto the field, to help calm a situation (This is what I was told, only, and sorry if it isn't correct.).

Tonight's game was pretty aggressive, too, meaning really hard tackles and some disagreement over calls by the officials, but unlike last year, when the teams left the field directly, and would not shake hands at the end, that was not the case here last night. Both teams formed lines, shook hands, and tendered respect for each other. This was special and really good to see. So hats off to both staffs and teams for overcoming what took place in the previous game.

Tonight’s EB loss was so disheartening even Jason Aldean felt sorry for us and dedicated a song to our community-

“All you needed was a first down..just now took another LLLL at hooome…(drum beat) Just now the offense don’t hold their own, not moving chains it won’t take long just when you thought you won, I believe ya won’t…you just needed a first down(guitar solo) “

My view of the EB game…frustrating and disappointing to say the least. We STOP them from scoring and are up 5 pts….all we need is 2 first downs and we got this….5 min left folks….we failed to get a first down. FAILED to get a first down when we been running well all night and lead rusher in conf is got the hot hand, we FAIL to get a first down and keep the clock running and get another first down.

Punt, they get it back, score. We got 2 min to get downfield, sacked, turnover on downs, they score again…. I’m not sure we’d get in playoffs if we won out. We’d have to win EVERY game and have some help with this team beating that team and even then it’s slim chance.

EB just can’t pull the trigger. We killed our selves tonight. Makes a difference when our stars are healthy and in the game. Buff and KJ gone for the year, still no Coble on offense. Fraley back next game, fastest man in conference. Will it make a difference, I dunno. Prob too little too late. SMH
This was a tough loss to take to me the worst of the year up 25 to 20 with 350 to go. We had this game when you don't have the best athletes you have to play a perfect game to compete in these tough conferences. This has been a frustrating season to say the least and this is a good EB team just bad break's again at the wrong time!!I remember EB losing games by 50 every game but now we have the victories for the taking buy no moral games anymore!!

Last edited:
Great Win!!

Lincolnton 57 Bandys 36, a big congratulations and thank you, to our Wolves. I was really proud of our teams effort, tonight. They fought back so hard after being down 2 scores to a team that can put points on the board so easily and quickly.

With five minutes into the first quarter we were down by 14 points. I looked at Bandys stats on MaxPreps, this morning, and saw where quarterback B. Swett, would hook-up with his wide receive C. Obregon. So, with Bandys first possession I got to see what it looked like. He showed up 15 yards behind our safety for a score.

Our first possession resulted in a fumble which they recovered. again, a long pass to C. Obregon that looked like a work of art. After that we score on a long running play, they score again and we score again and so on until the half ends with a total of 64 points being scored by both teams, but we were back in the game and had taken the lead.

I say this respectfully, but our guys turned it up even more in the second half, but the Trojans would not quit. We were up 2 scores going into the fourth quarter and as easily as they (Bandys) could score the game was not decided until we were able to score again, then intercept them while they had it inside our red zone.

This was not a game for the faint-hearted. If anyone likes an explosive game, this was the place to be. The stats for both teams are going to be shocking .

If anyone was interested, I'm sorry I got this on here so late, but I stood on the sidewalk with friends and talked about all the fireworks until late. It was a great night to be a Wolf. Thanks again to our team and coaching staff. Great effort.

Postscript: Our Kicker was lights out, I couldn't believe how good he was. Fantastic. I wish I had his name to put on here.

Side Note: For the first time in my curious life I lost my voice from yelling. That has never happened. An old friend spoke to me after the game and I couldn't hardily make more than a whisper with which I told him I lost my voice. Thanks Lord for giving it back, it was strange.
In this league you have to put up big scoring numbers no more low scoring game one tough conference

The wolves played with intensity that I have not seen for a while. Yes they were down but never quit. Way to go Wolf Pack !!!!

They’ll be tough on us too. I’m sure we’ll have them beat then they score on a long pass with just a few min to go.

Watching EB in this conf is like watching the big dude on Bloodsport were he knocks the guys down, celebrates and Van Damn says what are you doing keep going then he gets time BOLO gets up and dang near kills him.

So someone do the math and figuring. How can EB actually make it in the playoffs besides winning out? Can it even be possible at this point?

You may want to get to East Burke early next week. Not that it'll be crowded it's just they are horrible at running that stadium. One way in so it backs out all the way to the highway. Then after you park and walk a mile up a hill it takes an eternity just to get in to the stadium at the ticket line
AMD, As far as I know, last year was the first time Lincolnton had played at East Burke. They had people in the parking lot to help, and everyone I spoke to was cordial. It was a great place to take in a game. As far as going up the hill, it's at the edge of the mountains where angles are sharper. Let us be appreciative guests. :D

Oh yeah, one other thing I want to ask you. Yesterday, you asked me if I would recognize you when Maiden comes to Lincolnton, this season, and I said yes. About this recognition, recently, I was in uptown Charlotte on business (Going to Green's Lunch Stand Stand on Fourth St. to get hot dogs for my cousin who was in Presbyterian Hospital).

I saw a large bearded man come down the street who looked a lot like you, I mean a lot like you. The only thing, he wasn't wearing comfortable garb same as you do, this guy was in a fairly expensive, yet conservative looking suit with an inconspicuous necktie and carrying a brief case, and when he walked by me I caught the faint smell of Brylcreem. Thought to myself, "It can't be. I been around guys who fit this exact mold", they work for an agency whose name I won't say, but it rhymes with Infernal Revenue Service. It just couldn't be...Well, if it is, and Lincolnton would just by chance happen to trip up the Blue Devils, which will be easier said than done, all of us here in Wolfland better get ready for an audit. What about it AMD ?

AMD, As far as I know, last year was the first time Lincolnton had played at East Burke. They had people in the parking lot to help, and everyone I spoke to was cordial. It was a great place to take in a game. As far as going up the hill, it's at the edge of the mountains where angles are sharper. Let us be appreciative guests. :D

Oh yeah, one other thing I want to ask you. Yesterday, you asked me if I would recognize you when Maiden comes to Lincolnton, this season, and I said yes. About this recognition, recently, I was in uptown Charlotte on business (Going to Green's Lunch Stand Stand on Fourth St. to get hot dogs for my cousin who was in Presbyterian Hospital).

I saw a large bearded man come down the street who looked a lot like you, I mean a lot like you. The only thing, he wasn't wearing comfortable garb same as you do, this guy was in a fairly expensive, yet conservative looking suit with an inconspicuous necktie and carrying a brief case, and when he walked by me I caught the faint smell of Brylcreem. Thought to myself, "It can't be. I been around guys who fit this exact mold", they work for an agency whose name I won't say, but it rhymes with Infernal Revenue Service. It just couldn't be...Well, if it is, and Lincolnton would just by chance happen to trip up the Blue Devils, which will be easier said than done, all of us here in Wolfland better get ready for an audit. What about it AMD ?

It was the first time EB and Lincolnton met in Icard.

EB vs Lincoln county series: 1-1 against East Lincoln, 1 -5 or 6 vs West Lincoln, 0-2 vs Lincolnton. They have YET to face North Lincoln

Basically we been farted on in the face big time by Lincoln county

Our best shot at winning out against Lincoln county is this year. Will never meet NL unless it’s a random nonconference. Same with EL since both jumped to 3A

EL musta lost a crap ton of tallent last year.

EB vs WL. Both running teams, with EB being bigger. Winnable game for EB.

EB vs the Big Ltown. Winnable. Be real tough but winnable. Fraley will be back in these games. Tough guy to play against in open space. Passing game for Lincolnton, I’d imagine he’s great in pass defense as well

Our best shot at winning out against Lincoln county is this year. Will never meet NL unless it’s a random nonconference. Same with EL since both jumped to 3A

BFR, East Lincoln is actually a good team. I think it deflated them after losing to Hickory, but the Tornadoes are really good. It wouldn't surprise me to see them knock off a highly ranked team in the playoffs.

BFR, EB just seems like it's only a step away from a win when they play everybody. One of these days, the get there, wait and see.

AMD, good luck in the demolition derby. Put on a helmet. It's safer that way.
Not much a team can do when 3 running backs hurt and 2 or 3 difference makers on defense out as well. They do have a freshman this year that if he works at it he will be more dangerous than KJ and Fraley and Dellinger. Could be a record breaker in track by his Jr year. But I’ve seen this before…big time athletes not do crap when they get to high school and lay down. Happens at every school I’m sure

@Lincolnton hey the big lineman you got from Foard has he been serviceable or is full of mistakes and bad habits from Foard
AMD, I know who you're talking about but haven't heard any comments. Not meaning to sound snooty, but our offensive line looked good, last night. Our defense looked pretty good, especially after the first quarter.
You'll get to see this next week, Bandys quarterback B.Swett is very elusive and can throw the ball with accuracy. His favorite target is C. Obregon. In the second half I didn't hear much from Obregon. Don't know if Lincolnton was able to contain him or if he was slowed by an injury. You'd have to watch the film to see. Got a feeling it will be an interesting game for you.

EB vs WL. Both running teams, with EB being bigger. Winnable game for EB.

EB vs the Big Ltown. Winnable. Be real tough but winnable. Fraley will be back in these games. Tough guy to play against in open space. Passing game for Lincolnton, I’d imagine he’s great in pass defense as well
I think EL lost 18 starters. That's why they are nowhere near last years team. They still can move the ball pretty good but defense is were they are hurting the most from the lost players.

So someone do the math and figuring. How can EB actually make it in the playoffs besides winning out? Can it even be possible at this point?
Tough three games coming up just not meant to be this year no easy games!! Did not know we were missing another key lineman Friday night and another was banged up. still I counted six key starters out we still had a chance to win!! Hard to coach a banged-up team people forget just four years ago EB was getting beat by 50 points a game in a weak conference we are better but should of had some of these victories. We don't have the athletes like some of our conference teams do. Kids get beat by fast wide receiver's don't help. Rant over. just like my Duke team lost last night one play away from victory. sound like EB season.

So with all the EB close losses some people have complain about the coaches so tell me about the years before when EB was in a weak conference and getting the dog beating out of them every game! we have came a long ways in FB in the last four years!! we are in a bad area to get athletes Draughn is a few miles away to completing for players!! They should have never split the schools up!! we are doing the best we can do with all the injuries we have just get tired of the Monday morning QB that forget about how far this program has come!!

So with all the EB close losses some people have complain about the coaches so tell me about the years before when EB was in a weak conference and getting the dog beating out of them every game! we have came a long ways in FB in the last four years!! we are in a bad area to get athletes Draughn is a few miles away to completing for players!! They should have never split the schools up!! we are doing the best we can do with all the injuries we have just get tired of the Monday morning QB that forget about how far this program has come!!
Well fellers let me start my EB rant and add to what you’re saying along with my 2 cents.

I’ve not one time complained bout this coach or coaches. I hope Minor stays around and stays around til he needs a walker lol. What he is teaching these boys goes on for the rest of their lives and into eternity if you know what I’m saying . We need a voice like his and a man that has the Lord in his life and brings Christian values to the table without pushing anything on anyone.

As far as what he has to work with on the field that’s what he has to work with. Can’t do much when you’re down with injuries. We’ve came a super long way from getting whooped 50 some points to staying close and we’re in a strong conference we’re any team can beat any team minus West Caldwell cause it’s playing the plays at the right time kinda teams like a chess match.

I’ll have to have a differ opinion on the 2 schools never to have had to separate. I wish we’d had Draughn up and running long long time ago cause with that it gives more kids a chance to play along with being a differ division and really if we were old EB the way we knew it we’d be a 4A team that’d be one and done in playoffs or even not make it most years. We’d be bout like South Caldwell or AC is what I’d figure for most seasons. We did what we did in 07 cause we had Shatley and a good enough cast around him to help him out. Other than that year and 2015 we been in the dumps.

I hyped us up on these boards this year and with the injuries and one guy quitting our stock dropped big time and yet we STILL keep it close. For that I’m proud of our boys. I surely hope next year we have some guys step up cause KJ and Fraley are once in a lifetime type athletes like Shatley that you just won’t replace. And this spring. You know it’s bout to go down.

East Burke CVAC Track and Field conf champs. I can feel it. If we don’t make playoffs we at least got that cause it’s football players mostly on that track doing their thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT